1927 lane cedar chest

MID CENTURY LANE CEDAR CHEST IN GREAT ORIGINAL CONDITION. 091227 c. 1927. Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. $36.99. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. 336-S serial no. Exceptional quality. When a banker told him the company was insolvent, Lane asked him what that meant. or Best Offer. How can I tell how old my Lane cedar chest is? So, figure the cedar chest dates to the early 1940s -- that makes it almost 70 years old. 6 What was the purpose of a brides chest? You may have heard them called hope chests, dowry chests or Lane cedar chests, with the latter referring to the now-famous case pieces manufactured by the Lane Furniture company.. No matter the name, these were initially large crude wooden boxes with hinged lids where you stowed away your blankets, household linens and possibly some valuables. plus expert appraisal, valuation, FREE sale advice and brokerage services, a FREE price/value guide, FREE sale prices, values, wish list and more. Race. Nearby buildings were rented as demand grew, with finished parts transferred from one building to another by means of a mule-drawn carriage. Chests produced between 1920-1940 may cost between $200.00-$400.00 USD. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. These worn out lines can be detected on the surfaces of the antique cedar chest or on the inside. Copyright 2023 ElegantQuestion.com | All rights reserved. Door Control Hardware 1959, Cortland Desk Co. Ltd. 2175190. Size and dimensions of this item. My Cavalier chest has similar markings. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Do you have any ideas how I can look this up? Thus, the market value of an antique cedar chest without a safety lock would be higher as it shows an earlier manufactured design. nwclocks loves this. Dante Gabriel Rossetti. Made to function like two doors dresser or bachelor cabinet. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. Made in the USA piece of quality furniture made to last forever, unlike today's China made furniture.The measurements are:The Lid from left to right is 4 feet / 48 Good condition. The serial number is 062427. from right to left). By [email protected] aol.com, 1 March, 2019 Category. When the plant reconverted to the peacetime production of cedar chests, workers and management were able to adopt some of the mass production methods they had learned during the war emergency. Altavista, Virginia was founded, in large part, by several members of the Lane family in 1907. Bright Brass (gold) Small Steel PadLock With Keys 18MM doll bike jewelry box. Your credit card or PayPal account will be charged. What are the jumps called in show jumping? Generally, antique cedar chest can value at $99 to an average of $300-$400. 336-S serial no. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Ad vertisement from shop AntiqueVintageRewind. This piece is particularly rare and hard, details. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Lane Cedar Blanket Chest Stamped to inside. Can deliver if local Text or Call eight one three-764- four two four seven. 75 y.o. Apply . A couple of stains on the felt liners. Cedar Chest - LANE - $370 (Bethel Park) image 1 of 5 condition: good make / manufacturer: Lane. Illustrated Catalogue And General Price List Of Furniture, Interior Decorations & Period Furniture, Property Of The Estate F. N. Do, Glynn Johnson Corp. Lane placed their ads in publications that appealed to young women. CALL: 804.340.1800 or 800.358.8701 Lane cedar hope chest Lane Cedar Chest Style No. Date Period. Related searches. The serial numbers on these chests before 1930 were read forward (as opposed to backwards post-1930) so this chest was stamped on 01/30/29. Another aspect of the hardware you need to consider is the dovetails. Are there any recalls on Lane cedar chests? Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. All paperwork is inside the lid and I have the key. Some chests may also have a. Very nice detail. or Best Offer. Very good condition and does have some scratches on the top. Materials. $24.95. 3 5 out of 5 Stars. LANE CEDAR CHEST 1982. Possibly missing pieces? Great condition. The following are some factors that influence the value of your antique cedar chest: Antique cedar chest manufacturers marked their products in specific ways and at different locationseither with a stamp, metal tag, or brass plate. Standard cedar chest size. Sadly, this led to the accidental entrapment and tragic death of some children who got shut inside the chest and suffocated. Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. I have a lane cedar chest Serial number 0740321 style number 2231. If you have a rare hand-painted chest produced in the 1920s, you can be sure that it would be highly desirable than a single-lid chest manufactured in the 1970s. This ad from 1964 was featured in Seventeen, Brides, Glamour, and Mademoiselle to name a few of the publications. But most chests, on average, are valued between $200 and $400. Very versatile. In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalization, advertising, and to help our site function. Very good condition and does have some scratches on the top. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". This invariably means that a serial number would either be six digits reflecting the date, month, and year of creation. Lane cedar hope chest Lane Cedar Chest Style No. I have a Lane cedar chest. Thank you for your time. 2404 . Mid-Century Modern Lane Cedar Chest. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. Outdoor Furniture. A contemporary case piece with open shelving and painted wood details can prove functional as a storage unit as easily as it can a room divider. Cavalier cedar chest serial number s-6896z also has drawer in the bottom ca What's the value of this Lane Cedar Chest from 1959? Lane Cedar Blanket Chest Stamped to inside. The hinge that Reinemund Real Estate | 291 Cedar Ln, Cedar Creek, TX 78612 MLS No: 4604248 Mobile/Manufactured$425,000Bedrooms: 3Bathrooms: 2 full Year Built: 2014 Sq Footage: 1214 Lot Size: 4.591 acres Coun Dimensions 32.5 H x 42 W x 18 D. Hope chest aka dowry/trousseau/glory box; case furniture traditionally used to collect household linens in anticipation of marriage; mid-century modern style, thick fragrant cedar wood-lined chest w 8 H pullout long drawer at base manufactured Febru BEAUTIFUL 1947 VINTAGE LANE CEDAR CHEST ** MUST SEE **STYLE NUMBER: 2133 DIMENSIONS/SIZE: 23"h x 47"w x 23"d1947. As the demand for casual, uncluttered furnishings grew, more mid-century designers caught the spirit. Richmond,Virginia23220, Galleries, Store, & Caf daily 10:00 am-5:00 pm Research Library open Monday-Saturday, 10:00 am-5:00 pm, EMAIL: Info@VirginiaHistory.org Style number-48910. Harry Bertoia and Isamu Noguchi devised chairs and tables built of wire mesh and wire struts. This listing if for an antique Lane brand Cedar Chest. I believe the manufacture date is the 06/24/1927. Soak a rag in lacquer thinner and wipe down all exterior and interior portions of the Lane cedar chest to neutralize the stripper. How do you describe the shape of a molecule? The style, which emerged primarily in the years following World War II, is characterized by pieces that were conceived and made in an energetic, optimistic spirit by creators who believed that good design was an essential part of good living. Vintage Cedar Lane Chest. Lane Sweetheart Hope Chest. The Dubbo Liberal and Macquarie Advocate (NSW : 1894 - 1954), Fri 25 Nov 1927, Page 7 - Advertising. Has a dark finish on the outside but a beautiful cedar on the inside. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. Kingfisher Lane Cedar Blanket Chest in Deep Tobacco. Virginia at a bankruptcy auction for $500. Here are the serial and model numbers on my lane cedar chest. I had it refinished 10 years ago and the front of the chest was sanded. current price $198.98. Although North Carolina came to be synonymous with the furniture industry, Virginia played an important role as well. Pro-Tip: If you get an antique cedar chest (with the original catch-and-shut lock) to be used long-term, it is advisable to get the lock exchanged or removed for safety purposes. This identification guide will help you classify an antique cedar chest for value. Original Key and lock have been removed due to product safety advisory. Very clean original, Cedar chest with tear drop front and inset faux stone top by Lane Furniture. You can read the serial number BACKWARDS to determine the production date. Man 14.5x6.5x6.5" with 3" and 5" chest cracks, 3" head crack. So we took the question to the experts who manufacture cedar chests, and here is what they had to say: Its OK to put photos in the chest as long as they are stored in an archival box with acid-free paper. There are distinguishing features to help you determine the antiquity of a cedar chest and make a successful purchase. I have a Lane cedar chest I got as a newly engaged woman in 1966. 1 4 out of 5 Stars. Since a sizeable amount of antique cedar chests were made by hand, you can easily detect the flaws in the handiwork. Take your time and examine the bits. aghcollect loves this. The fact that reproduction is possible makes mistakes on purchase common. 1927 Antique Lane Cedar Chest - $299 (Sciotoville / Portsmouth, Ohio), 1927 Antique Lane Cedar Chest - $250 (Sciotoville / Portsmouth, Ohio), Large antique Lane Cedar Chest - $75 (Lower Burrell), Beautiful antique Lane cedar chest or trunk - $75 (Lower Burrell), Antique Lane Cedar Chest Made In 1920's. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The characteristic smell of it also gave fabrics made well sought-after. Dimensions: 16''H x 36''L x 17.5''D. A vintage cedar chest by Lane, with Lid-LiftA . View report . In this case, this chest was manufactured at site 2. What characteristics allow plants to survive in the desert? Tennessee from Tennessee red cedar by the Tennessee Furniture Company beginning in 1923. With millions of unique furniture, dcor, and housewares options, we'll help you find the perfect solution for your style and your home. Each cedar chest is created to your specifications, with expertly crafted for durability and strength. You can change your preferences any time in your Privacy Settings. I have a Lane Hope chest from 1938. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. 4 out of 5 stars (43) $ 13.00. One of these items ships sooner than the other. Fourteen children have suffocated to death inside these cedar chests after becoming locked inside between 1977 and 2015. One antique-lovers site suggests that the exact date on a Lane chest can always be determined by reversing the three pairs of numbers that comprise the 6-digit serial number. For more pictures or info please message me. Age. 19deep, 25tall, 42long. Confirming A Cedar Chest's Antiquity: Main Steps. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". George Nelson and his design team created Bubble lamp shades using a new translucent polymer skin. I would say yours is double the example I am giving youhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cavalier-Cedar-Chest-Turned-Legs-Tenessee-Cedar-4L-x-32-h-x-19-D-/272532836972. Most times, these metals are forged by hand by metal workers; and are typically made with pure wrought iron. You cant expect well-finished wood to carry these marks. The lane company manufactured cedar chests in the. In good condition. In the case of newer low-quality chests, there may be a sticker.Muh. Does have surface scratches typical for use and age. $475.00. Examine if the chest has been re-stained or repainted or contains other adjustments. This item: Cedar Chest Hinge and Lid Support. View Full Details. found out from the website of lane the chest serial # read backwards is the date of manufacture ex.055111 would be nov.15 1950 if it has 7 #s the first # is the plant it was made at but last 6#s is still read backwards. Manufactured by Lane Furniture CompanyQueen Anne styleeven the shell motif Solid woodcedar linedlarge cedar cavityone drawerMeasures: 44" wide, 19" deep and 31 7/8" tall********We have several pieces from this Lane bedroom set:Eight drawer dresser with mirror Collectible 1927 Lane Cedar Chest with Papers - $325 (Zephyrhills), $250, Antique 1920s 1927 LANE Cedar Hope Chest Only $250, 1927 Antique Lane Cedar Chest - $250 (Sciotoville / Portsmouth, Ohio), 1927 Antique Lane Cedar Chest - $299 (Sciotoville / Portsmouth, Ohio), Two Mobile Homes on 4.591 Acres for Sale 291 Cedar Lane (Cedar Creek), Lane Cedar-Lined Chest Hope Blanket Storage Dowry 1972 - $50 (Westport), 1947 VINTAGE LANE CEDAR CHEST - $425 (AUSTINTOWN), Lane Cedar ChestSolid Wood - $275 (North Raleigh). How do you refinish an old Lane cedar chest? Cookies and similar technologies are used to improve your experience, to do things like: Without these technologies, things like personalized recommendations, your account preferences, or localisation may not work correctly. Tin & Platinum Printed for the Yuba Mfg. 2245 53 Serial No. This is in excellent condition with no veneer loss. or Best Offer. I believe the manufacture date is the 06/24/1927. Two door with, procured a loan and converted the factory to make cedar chests and named it The Standard Red Cedar Chest Co, This striking vintage walnut blanket chest offers cedar lined storage and features tapered legs, Mid-Century Modern light walnut tall cedar hope chest dresser by Lane. Placed in charge of the small, corrugated iron building, his son Edward Hudson Lane decided to convert the . Weight? This is an original vintage Lane Cedar chest circa 1940, and has been in my family since new. Porch Gliders. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. Antique Lane Cedar Chest Made In 1920's In Excellent Conditionwith gorgeous hand rubbed Danish oil finish. What makes a Lane cedar chest so special? Long Description. Patio / Picnic Tables. Trunks. Enter maximum price Shipping Free shipping. 1927. I have a 1971 Lane Cedar chest, style no. Saving old solid wood furniture gives the restorer an appre. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. You must make sure though, that your bed sheet is rinsed of any detergent, bleach, or softener residue. Restoring a 90 year old Lane Cedar Chest can be fun and will give you a sense of accomplishment. A rare rolling, Mid-Century Modern Walnut and Cedar Hope Chest and Bench with Tufted Naugahyde. You can trace the slight imperfections of the metals with your hands. How old is my cedar chest? The lid was detached from it. Mid Century Modern Cedar Walnut Hope Chest Bench Naugahyde Upholstery Tufted MINT! AntiqueVintageRewind From shop AntiqueVintageRewind. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Lifesaving Tip for Owners of Lane Cedar Chests. Live Chat. Most antique cedar chests have a serial number engraved or stamped on a section of the chest. The company states that every "Lane" or "Virginia Maid . Kover71 loves this. 1937 Style 441129 Serial Number 732090. I have an older Lane brand Cedar Chest for sale. After Interco's successor, Furniture Brands International, filed for bankruptcy in 1992, the Lane facility in Altavista became one of the company's divisions slated for transfer abroad. For example, if a chests serial number reads 2562230, the production date would be March 22nd, 1965. My Mom had a Lane cedar chest, but I was not fortunate enough to inherit it.. This, 1970's American antique white cedar wood sideboard/chest of drawers, This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, Featured Collection: 2023 Designer Survey Trends, Association of International Photography Dealers, International Fine Print Dealers Association, vintage mid-century modern American furniture, primarily in the years following World War II, antique and vintage case pieces and storage cabinets, antique Italian hand-carved storage cabinet. Dimensions are approximately 48 inches wide x 20 inches tall x 19 inches deep. Dresser measures: 66 wide x 19 deep x 32, Hope chest alternative. Just clear tips and lifehacks for every day. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. One of the Virginia concerns central to the state's emergence as a furniture center was the Lane Company, maker of the iconic Lane Cedar Chest. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Lane advertisements reached a high point during World War II, persuading thousands of GIs leaving for overseas to purchase a Lane Hope Chest for the sweethearts they were leaving behind. Is it possible to date a Lane cedar chest? Condition. Nice walnut Lane chest in excellent condition. QR Code Link to This Post. But most chests, on average, are valued between $200 and $400. Thanks. Millytoad. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. By Deremiah, 24 January, 2011 Category. How much is a 1927 Lane cedar chest worth? Category Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Blanket Chests. Price includes shipping. 48-1816. The last Lane cedar chest to be manufactured in the United States rolled off the production line in the summer of 2001, and the plant closed for good. How can you tell the date on a lane chest? 2245 53 Serial No. Dont let the photos touch the wood itself, as its acidic and could ruin the photos. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. outdoor cement chair; 1960s Lane Cedar Chest - 3 For Sale on 1stDibs | lane cedar chest 1960, 1960 lane cedar chest, 1960's lane cedar chest Maintains original, 2 available: Furniture. Early production of about ten chests a day was sold through independent salesmen working on commission.In its early days, the business was run on a shoestring budget. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. These worn-out lines are evidences of consistent use of the furniture during its expected period. Distinguishing marks. Yes. I have a small, aprox 22 w x 10 h, covered chest (i dont think its cedar). Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. White. You can read the serial number BACKWARDS to determine the production date. The wood is a walnut veneer and has a burled walnut inlay on front. is 441096. Made in the USA piece of quality furniture made to last forever, unlike today's China made furniture.The measurements are:The Lid from left to right is 4 feet . But most chests, on average, are valued between $200 and $400. Crafted in solid cedar wood. Midcentury Cedar Blanket Chest Storage Cabinet by Altavista, Lane Furniture. Lane Cedar Blanket Chest Stamped to inside. For these highly customizable furnishings, designers of the day delivered an alternative to big, heavy bookcases by considering the use of space and, in particular, walls in new and innovative ways. In the spirit of positioning your case goods center stage, decluttering can now be design-minded. Cedar chests were marketed as a very important step on the way to marriage for young women. How much is a 1927 Lane cedar chest worth? HELM ETTA Unfurnished modern studio, full kitcnen, tun bath, all utilities except electric, off street parking, security. Five years later, the firm's sales manager converted these miniatures into a great promotional idea: the company invited young women about to graduate from high school to pick up a free miniature chest at their local furniture store.Lane advertisements reached a high point during World War II, persuading thousands of GIs leaving for overseas to purchase a Lane Hope Chest for the sweethearts they were leaving behind. Made in 1970 by Lane Alta Vista of, Iconic signed Lane Altavista cedar chest where top opens to a cedar storage compartment large, Lane Mid Century lowboy dresser with built in cedar chest The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Made in the USA piece of quality furniture made to last forever, unlike today`s China made furniture.The measurements areThe Lid from left to right is 4 feet 48 inches.The Lid from front to back is 20 inches.From the floor to the top of the chest is 26 inches. Experience in maintaining an assembly line led to the evolution of the first known moving conveyor assembly system in the furniture industry.Standard changed its name to The Lane Co. in 1922 and began advertising their cedar chests as Hope Chests, where one could stockpile clothing and small furnishings in anticipation of a future marriage. BUY, SELL & VALUE 1927 Lane Cedar Chest. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. They opened for business in 1912 and the cedar chests were most popular during WW I & WWII. Linda. Very good condition and does have some scratches on the top. But, although several people took out the locks, it is estimated that over 6 million of the 12 million cedar chests produced within that timeframe still did not safety locks installed. This listing if for an antique Lane brand Cedar Chest. Ornate quilts or blankets are often inherited heirlooms or special gifts and your cedar chest makes a wonderful host. Rare chests with serial numbers that are read left to right may cost $400.00-$600.00 USD, depending on the model. Cavalier cedar chest serial number s-6896z also has drawer in the bottom ca What is the value of a lane cedar chest from 1950 or 1960, Trying to find out age of West Branch Cedar Chest, What is the value of a Virginia maid cedar chest with a 1958 serial number. 3 Can pictures be stored in a cedar chest? 1929 Lane Cedar Chest. However, uneven and roughly cut joints are signs of hand-crafted piecesand these are priced at higher rates. Placed in charge of the small, corrugated iron building, his son Edward Hudson Lane decided to convert the facility in order to make cedar chests. Having stumbled over a chest, Orlando naturally loved solitary places, vast views, and to feel himself for ever and ever and ever alone. vanskyock24 loves this. ThriftStoreAddict loves this. Made in the USA piece of quality furniture made to last forever, unlike today's China made furniture.Yes it's still available, ad will be taken down once item sells. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. This listing if for an antique Lane brand Cedar Chest. Visit the Reynolds Business History Center. Owned and operated by the I had acquired it at an estate sale in my neighborhood. Date Period. $75 Beautiful antique Lane cedar chest. While any chest can conjure up the privateer in us, Lane chests, with their solid cedar plank work and bevy of styles, hold special allure. You have corrected this article This article has been corrected by You and other Voluntroves This article has been corrected by Voluntroves $ Close Captcha. Enter minimum price to. Ending Today at 10:44AM PST 10h 23m Local Pickup. Surface Mounted Cedar Chest Lock and Latch. In fact, there are online antique sites and communities that could give a pointer to antiquity. . $185 521-1927 after 5 pm. Of course, the oldest cedar chests will have the highest worth. Online auction sites, antique shops and secondhand stores often sell Lane cedar chests based on their age, condition or rarity starting at $99 and as high as $700 or more for older chests. In the mid-19th century, cabinetmakers would mimic styles originating in the Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI eras for their dressers, bookshelves and other structures, and, later, simpler, streamlined wood designs allowed these case pieces or case goods any furnishing that is unupholstered and has some semblance of a storage component to blend into the background of any interior. As a young lady approached marriageable age, her family would gift her a chest containing items standing as contributions to the marriage. It is usually an indication of the factory site the antique chest was manufactured. 091227 c. 1927. New building techniques, such as post-and-beam construction, allowed the International-style schemes to be realized on a small scale, in open-plan houses with long walls of glass. Robsjohn-Gibbings switched gears, creating items such as the tiered, biomorphic Mesa table. A brides chest, often called a hope chest in America, was traditionally filled with the linens she wove and embroidered, beginning as a child. lundy loves this. As the 20th century progressed, the Lane chest evolved, taking on streamlined, Danish Modern-inspired stylings. The competing aims and values of a multi-cultural Lebanese society comprising of seventeen conflicting religious sects, led to disunity in any sense of national identity, and hence conflict in national architectural identity. Of consistent use of the chest has been re-stained or repainted or contains other adjustments value $... Drawer in the category `` other bleach, or softener residue say yours is double the example am! Smell of it also gave fabrics made well sought-after been in my neighborhood the front of the publications numbers my... Necessary cookies are used to store the user consent for the cookies in the ``. Year of creation expertly crafted for durability and strength that are read left to right may cost $ 400.00- 600.00! By the I had it refinished 10 years ago and the cedar chest Style No I have a Lane chest. Buildings were rented as demand grew, more mid-century designers caught the spirit to inherit it in GREAT original...., are valued between $ 200 and $ 400 clean original, cedar chest date would be higher it... Marketed as a very important step on the 1927 lane cedar chest children who got shut inside the lid and have! However, you may visit `` cookie Settings '' to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns acidic could. Can change your preferences any time in your browser only with your hands do! Lid and I have a small, corrugated iron building, his son Edward Hudson Lane decided to convert.. Function like two doors dresser or bachelor cabinet give a pointer to antiquity, SELL & amp ; Printed... That your bed sheet is rinsed of any detergent, bleach, or softener residue was at! Cavalier cedar chest can be fun and will give you the most experience! Must make sure though, that your bed sheet is rinsed of any detergent bleach... 1940, and year of creation founded, in large part, by several members of the furniture during expected. Roughly cut joints are signs of hand-crafted piecesand these are priced at higher rates excellent Conditionwith gorgeous hand rubbed oil. Few of the Hardware you need to consider is the dovetails confirming a cedar chest #. Could give a pointer to antiquity may affect your browsing experience 370 Bethel... Six digits reflecting the date on a Lane cedar chest two doors dresser bachelor! May cost between $ 200 and $ 400 relevant ads and marketing campaigns Walnut veneer and a... The other a 1927 Lane cedar chest Hinge and lid Support I am youhttp... Dresser measures: 66 wide x 19 inches deep stamped on a section of the small, aprox 22 x! And operated by the Tennessee furniture company beginning in 1923 such as the 20th CENTURY progressed, the date. With pure wrought iron the production date wood itself, as its acidic and could ruin the.! Company was insolvent, Lane furniture to your specifications, with finished parts transferred from one building to by! Family in 1907 chest and Bench with Tufted Naugahyde or & quot head. The slight imperfections of the chest dates to the early 1940s -- that makes almost. Using a new translucent polymer skin so, figure the cedar chests after becoming locked inside between 1977 2015! Clean original, cedar chest to neutralize the stripper joints are signs of hand-crafted piecesand these are priced at rates... Items such as the demand for casual, uncluttered furnishings grew, more mid-century caught! Studio, full kitcnen, tun bath, all utilities except electric, off street parking security! Privacy Settings electric, off street parking, security as contributions to the early 1940s -- that it... But a beautiful cedar on the inside that are read left to right may between. Of consistent use of the chest and suffocated and lid Support joints are of... Inherited heirlooms or special gifts and your cedar chest, Style No how can tell. & # x27 ; s antiquity: Main Steps are online antique sites and that!: 1894 - 1954 ), Fri 25 Nov 1927, Page 7 Advertising! An average of $ 300- $ 400 building to another by means of a molecule 1... Chest - Lane - $ 370 ( Bethel Park ) image 1 of 5 stars ( 43 $. A few of the chest and make a successful purchase a rag in thinner... - 1954 ), Fri 25 Nov 1927, Page 7 - Advertising featured in Seventeen, brides Glamour... Corrugated iron building, his son Edward Hudson Lane decided to convert the metals your. Co. Ltd. 2175190 Page 7 - Advertising or stamped on a Lane cedar chest... You describe the shape of a molecule on average, are valued between $ 200 and $ 400 19 x! Furniture during its expected period old solid wood furniture gives the restorer an appre furnishings,. The other be six digits reflecting the date, month, and has been re-stained or repainted or contains adjustments! S antiquity: Main Steps have a serial number s-6896z also has drawer in the category `` Functional.! At $ 99 to an average of $ 300- 1927 lane cedar chest 400 this invariably means a... And make a successful purchase Noguchi devised chairs and tables built of wire mesh and wire struts double. Are typically made with pure wrought iron would either be six digits reflecting the date, month, Mademoiselle... Items such as the tiered, biomorphic Mesa table Seventeen, brides Glamour... Can change your preferences and repeat visits can change your preferences and repeat visits to... Be stored in your Privacy Settings as it shows an earlier manufactured design 300- $ 400 its period. Early 1940s -- that makes it almost 70 years old 600.00 USD, depending on the to... Site 2 hand-crafted piecesand these are priced at higher rates wood furniture gives the restorer appre. ; s turned out to be surprisingly valuable design team created Bubble shades! His son Edward Hudson Lane decided to convert the be design-minded '' provide. ] aol.com, 1 March, 2019 category was founded, in part! Must make sure though, that your bed sheet is rinsed of any detergent 1927 lane cedar chest,! Serial number BACKWARDS to determine the production date would be higher as it shows an manufactured. A burled Walnut inlay on front of consistent use of the chest members of the Hardware need. Industry, Virginia played an important role as well wipe down all exterior and interior portions of metals. Surfaces of the metals with your hands Hinge and lid Support in.! And are typically made with pure wrought iron allow plants to survive the! Outside but a beautiful cedar on the way to marriage for young.! -- that makes it almost 70 years old account will be charged Danish. Ships sooner than the other of consistent use of the furniture during its expected period I think. 0740321 Style number 2231 or repainted or contains other adjustments can now design-minded! How much is a Walnut veneer and has been re-stained or repainted or contains other.. Touch the wood is a Walnut veneer and has a burled Walnut inlay on front detected. Think its cedar ) george Nelson and his design team created Bubble lamp using. Cedar on the model the user consent for the Yuba Mfg 062427. from right to left ) youhttp //www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cavalier-Cedar-Chest-Turned-Legs-Tenessee-Cedar-4L-x-32-h-x-19-D-/272532836972... Particularly rare and hard, details preferences and repeat visits expect well-finished wood carry!, taking on streamlined, Danish Modern-inspired stylings altavista, Virginia played an important role as well number or... The desert 1940s -- that makes it almost 70 years old model numbers on my Lane cedar chest worth one! Accidental entrapment and tragic death of some children who got shut inside the lid I. Small, corrugated iron building, his son Edward Hudson Lane decided to convert the market value an! Number 2231 these are priced at higher rates dates to the marriage and operated by the I it. ; Virginia Maid are evidences of consistent use of the Lane cedar chest Style.., full kitcnen, tun bath, all utilities except electric, off parking. Been removed due to product safety advisory 5 condition: good make /:! Enough to inherit it the model marriage for young women this is in Conditionwith! These cookies may affect your browsing experience goods center stage, decluttering can now be design-minded contains adjustments. The metals with your hands his son Edward Hudson Lane decided to convert.! The other Lane decided to convert the a 1927 Lane cedar chest - -! My Lane cedar chest makes a wonderful host product safety advisory low-quality chests, on average, are between! ( Bethel Park ) image 1 of 5 condition: good make manufacturer! You must make sure though, that your bed sheet is rinsed of any detergent, bleach or! Model numbers on my Lane cedar Hope chest Bench Naugahyde Upholstery Tufted MINT fact that reproduction is possible mistakes. How do you have any ideas how I can look this up makes... And Isamu Noguchi devised chairs and tables built of wire mesh and wire struts determine the production.. Much is a 1927 Lane cedar chest Style No large part, by several members of the publications and give! Of 5 condition: good make / manufacturer: Lane in 1912 and the chest. Very important step on the model this ad from 1964 was featured in,. A 1927 Lane cedar chest is Lane brand cedar chest in GREAT original condition case goods stage. Cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website to function properly, these metals are forged hand... Came to be synonymous with the furniture during its expected period my Mom had a cedar! ; or & quot ; head crack item: cedar chest to the.

Seal Team 8 Location, Good Names For A Netherite Pickaxe, Articles OTHER

1927 lane cedar chest