38 super academy

The 38 super left a pretty gaping hole in the back of the third book. Battery life more than 3000 strikes. Overall, they were quite satisfied with the performance of the pistol. I have three .38 Supers, a Star, Colt 1911 Govt and Kimber Gold Match SE II from their custom shop. ATN BinoX 4K 416x Your All-in-One Hunting Solution, Review: American Tactical MilSport AR-15 Tactical/Hunting, SHOT Show 2023: Smith and Wesson M&P 5.728 Pistol, Justice Department Announces New Rule to Address Stabilizing Braces, Accessories Used to Convert Pistols into Short-Barreled Rifles, SHOT Show 2023: Smith and Wesson M&P 5.7x28 Pistol, U.S. Appeals Court Bumps the Bump Stock Ban, Rifle Hack: Sighting for 100 Yards at a Distance of 25 Yards, Throwback Thursday: Best Red Dots for AR Pistols, Throwback Thursday: All About Bullet Grain. Gauge/Caliber 9mm. I just dont see the appeal. Okay, here are the generals I think people will say about the Super: its an accurate, well developed round with an extensive commercial and handload database. Im not exactly a 9mm or .45 fan either. Watch over your home with the Buffalo Bore +P .38 Super 147-Grain Centerfire Handgun Ammunition, which features jacketed hollow-point bullets with brass casings for great feeding, function and accuracy and flash-suppressed powder to shield your vision in low-light conditions. [13] Ammunition is also being manufactured in the modern hollowpoint style bullet with excellent ballistics for personal defence. They were happy with the overall durability and were fairly confident that it would work for them for a long time. The .38 Super has 17.6 grains H2O (1.14 ml) cartridge case capacity. . Add to Cart. It is possible to handload a 115-grain bullet to over 1,400 fps and a 124-grain JHP to a solid 1,350 fps. Brian is an experienced freelance writer and technical writer who has previously written for publications such as Wide Open Spaces, Bigfoot Gun Belts, Alien Gear Holsters, and Kampgrounds of America. 38 Super Auto Handguns. To add, it was quite accurate from distances between 30 to 40 yards. The 38 special penetrated around 1/4 inch into the second book. Since then, I have worked with Julianne in soccer and fitness settings. Superbook - The Power of Story Superbook supports the spiritual development of children all over the world through the power of story. 115 Gr (7.5 g) full metal jacket: 1,405 feet per second (428m/s), 124 Gr (8.0 g) full metal jacket: 1,350 feet per second (410m/s), This page was last edited on 11 January 2023, at 03:05. Get the top quality 38 Special ammo in box and bulk. 20-round box. Buffalo Bore .38 Super +P Ammunition 20 Rounds JHP 115 Grains 33A/20. SuperAcademy es un canal que te brinda MUCHO CONOCIMIENTO ACADMICO, de ah fue creado el nombre. Colt Lightweight Commander 1911 TALO Army Green, Semi-Automatic, .38 Super, 4.25" Barrel, 9+1 Rounds. The impact energy of the .38 Super ranged from 462 to 500 foot pounds. Grid. What drew me to the round was the cool history and the cool factor (and yeah, its cool, lol). Not only did I benefit tremendously form our induvial skills sessions, but Julianne also coached me through the more personal aspects that come with playing a sport- everything from navigating team relationships to holding myself accountable for my health and fitness off the field to helping me decide what I wanted my college career to look like. The weakness, in the Colt M1900, Colt M1902, and others derived from that design, comes from the assembly wedge at the front of the slide. I purchased a Colt Commander .38 Super in 1959 from Abercrombie & Fitch in San Francisco for $45.00. They named the pistol the Colt Super 38 and the round the .38 Super Automatic, 1st presenting the new gun and the hot new round in 1929. Federal AE38S3 American Eagle 38 Super +P 115 gr Jacketed Hollow Point (JHP) 50 Bx/ 20 Cs. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I shoot the .38 Super from a couple of Tanfoglios. a .357is a revolver round while a .38 Super is a semi-automatic round. Handgun Reviews; Rifle Reviews . I shoot 45s more than anything else but sometimes wish I had purchased a SUPER back in the day. I am just an old-timer that really likes my .38 Super, but shoots and reloads 10mm also. Timing is everything when it comes to these situations, so you need to quickly get a shot off without any jamming issues at all. , Your email address will not be published. Couple tips / strong suggestions: I could push a 100 grain Speer JHP downrange near 1500 fps using Blue Dot though I cant recall the powder charge. For the most part, they were able to shoot rather quickly and had been able to effectively hit their targets from ranges between 15 to 30 yards. Those are Supers, and they were the better choice for a while. Academy38 is an Elite program that encourages young athletes to be confident and push themselves to be their best on and off the field. I had an EAA Witness in 38 super ,thats right a HI CAP! All comments are held for moderation and will appear after approval. However, it wont be as easy to find as more popular calibers such as 9mm or .45 ACP. This is impressive from a semi-automatic pistol and is comparable to the .357 SIG. The .38 Super or .38 Super Automatic (C.I.P. Kimber Custom Shop made only 260 Stainless Gold Match SE II in .38 Super in 2001. Find one that is great in quality and superb in accuracy and reliability and you will certainly have a pistol that will surely rise above and beyond the pack. As for the loads, the .38 ACP Super is a bit hotter than the 9mm at the top end. Menu. The .38 Smith & Wesson Special (commonly ".38 Special," ".38 Spl," or ".38 Spc," pronounced "thirty-eight special") is a rimmed, centerfire cartridge designed by Smith & Wesson. DAA Multi Caliber (9mm, 38 Super, 40 S&W, 45 ACP) Case Gauge by Double Alpha . Fact is, its like the .357 magnum or at least the .357 SIG in 1911s. It only made sense to chamber the 1911 Government Model in a .38 caliber cartridge. With right loads, all of the above, print 1.25 2 @ 25 yds, (Ransom rest).Just my two cents. However, the .38 Super suffered in popularity after the introduction of the .357 Magnum. 2 extra rounds in the magazine. 38 Super ammunition for sale with free shipping on bulk ammunition orders available only at Target Sports USA. The .38 ACP fired a 130-grain bullet at 1,100 fps. At the time, you . SS 5" w/KNIFE 1 OF 500 (TALO) Out of stock View Details . Ive had it since 1979 and love it. We are incredibly fortunate to have Julianne on our staff and are super excited that she is creating this incredible opportunity for others to experience the impact she can have in elevating the level of play and more importantly the level of confidence, motivation and self-esteem of young girls through her camp. Buffalo Bore offers a bone-crunching 147-grain loading. For general use, I most often practice with a FMJ loading. $0.44. The cop in the bunch and 2 of 4 others all had 38 super weapons within a month. Simply put, this pistol can do it all. Julianne is a great role model and mentor and my children always see an immediate effect on the field as they are playing with an increased level of confidence. 50-round box. The .38 Super varies in accuracy. No remorse, excelent gun/caliber combination. In the 80s people began to realize that head spacing off the Rim (like revolver cartridges) was why so many .38 Supers were not accurate, and started spacing off the case mouth, like the .45 ACP. Note that I give the same respect to the 357sig as the 38 super, both available in concealed carry frame size. Add to Cart. 38 Super Auto pistols for sale online or in-store at Sportsman's Warehouse. Grain Weight 115. This compact 4 pocket gauge offers you all 4 popular calibers in one piece - 9mm, .38 Super, .40SW and . Finally, after the last batch of rounds, which I paid extra attention to the details, still had an alarmingly high rejection rate, I finally said I had enough and sold it for a 10mm. The Supers are more likely to be used in competition shooting applications since they provide a flatter trajectory. So if you are a sucker for the old school, this pistol might be something youll like on the looks alone. In my shooting experience, people have either never heard of the round, remember it being mentioned in passing, or go through a few hundred rounds of it a week for USPSA or something similar. Product Family #: 1023527115. Ben in Arizona. Federal American Eagle 38 Super Ammunition - 50 Rounds of +P 115 Grain JHP. Aguila .38 Super Auto +P Ammunition 50 Rounds FMJ 130 Grain. The C.I.P. One user said that he was in a timed shooting competition and was able to blast through a couple of magazines while hitting his targets accurately. And the shooting groups will depend on the kind of rounds your shooting and the specific 38 Super pistol that you are using. My Para-Ordnance is middle of the road. Home Ammunition Throwback Thursday: Does Anyone Still Use the .38 Super? Ramp - .38 Super BuyItNow! 5 Reviews Write a Review Q&A (8) List Price: $48.99. Be sure to clean and maintain it on a regular basis (about twice a month) to ensure that it is in excellent shape and will not slow down in performance. Type: Self Defense. The .38 Super, also known as .38 Super +P, .38 Super Auto, .38 Super Automatic, .38 Super Automatic +P, or 923mmSR, is a pistol cartridge that fires a .356-inch-diameter (9.04 mm) bullet. The .38 Super pre-dates the 9mm Parabellum. When looking for additional magazines specific for my Rock Island combo 9mm/22TCM I was told they were just 38 Super mags; 38 Super mags could be used in 9mm 1911s but not vice versa. A small number of .45 ACP submachine guns were also made in .38 Super, such as the Ingram Model 6[10] and Thompson submachine gun. You can also crank it up quite hot. In addition to those two self-defense benefits, the .38 Super also offers more penetration than 9mm cartridges. So if the ammunition is marked .38 Super +P, it is still a .38 Super. Everyone i have let shoot my competition series 38 super have loved it, and likes how accurate it is. Thank you for the review. Zoe has worked with a number of individual coaches through the years and Juliannes impact has far exceeded them all when it comes to our daughters game. An old timer gave me several boxes of ammo and I reload as well but it can be hard to find. Ballistically though, 9mm+P comes real close to catching up with the Super in performance, and so it will most likely remain a niche gun and caliber. Some of them are smaller than others and therefore will have better concealability than those that are somewhat larger in size. The .38 Super is comfortable to fire and controllable in the 1911.The .38 ACP Super is easily our least popular handgun chambering that is still in production. If you need a pistol for target shooting (casual or competitive) or when you need it in a life or death situation. Ive made hits with the Colt at 300 yards using Remington factory 130 grain FMJ. Ramp - .38 Super BuyItNow! In those days, the lawmen were revolver men. 39.0 per round. Since the early 2000s, ammunition is available with velocities exceeding 1,400ft/s (430m/s). Specialties: Great Little Minds Academy is an English/Spanish daycare and preschool (6 weeks - 5 years old). Glad both calibers are being produced again in greater numbers. Hard to find ammo in a platform I dont particularly care for and no, I cant stand Glock either. Remember, this pistol may stay with you for the long term so choose wisely. Like most firearm products, the military handgun and cartridge became popular among civilian shooters and police. I happen to have a Colt 1911 National Match in the .38 Super Full Wad Cutter. The 9mm and .38 Super will be the same size frame, while the latter hits harder. The .38 Super was introduced in the 1911 handgun in 1929 to arm peace officers with a hard-hitting handgun that offered good penetration against the new breed of mechanized thug. 38 Super Auto HANDGUN AMMO 38 SUPER AUTO Ammunition Stock- Box & Case Deals Available.38 ACP also known as .38 Automatic, is a popular cartridge that fires a .356-inch-diameter. All you need to do is hit your targets and come out on top against the competition. I now carry the .45 ACP. One other user said that it allowed for superior groups even in bad weather conditions.Why it Stands Out to Us For a 38 Super Pistol, it has a bit of a powerful punch to it. I used Glocks exclusively for carry went through models and calibers, ending up with the G30 and 45ACP. If you are a 1911 fan, after you fire the Super 38, you will not go back to .45 ACP. More recently the .38 Super has experienced something of a renaissance . $ 38 99 38 dollars 99 cents. Saw first 38 super at USPSA match. The .38 Super is dimensionally identical to the .38 ACP of 1900. Every child can learn when proper teaching techniques and assessment tools are put into practice. The .38 ACP Super was a sensation noted for its high velocity of 1,300 fps and nine fast shots. Find a large selection of handguns from reputable firearm manufacturers at the best prices. Seller: Craig Barter. Editors note: This post was originally published in January of 2020. Caliber: .38 SuperNumber of rounds: 50Pistol Ammo Type: Home DefenseGrain weight: 130. I usually carry the handgun with Wilson Combat magazines. Who Will Use This Most This pistol will be great for the outdoors. A 38 Super Pistol is known for being pretty accurate. I took it to a local range to shoot it and instantly fell in love. It just might outperform any given high-end pistol you can think of. Her leadership skills, mentoring ability and motivational style have been incredibly impactful for the women on our team both on and off the field. decisions, texts and tables - free current C.I.P. Comes with batteries installed plus one extra set. Still. The compensator works by diverting gases at the muzzle. My carry ammo is loaded considerably hotter (think 923 Winchester level). guidelines, the .38 Super case can handle up to 230 MPa (33,359 psi) piezo pressure. A .38 Super pistol is designed to shoot at higher pressures. Accuracy is pretty good. NEW PRICE $38.95 AFTER JAN 1 - PURCHASE NOW TO SAVE! The Rock Island is a fun gun to fire and use. I know lots of times my Super rides to the range right beside my G20. Bottom LineThe Colt 1991 Government is an excellent pistol that stands out as a concealed carry users favorite. Guns and ammo are still available in .38 Super. Im in Chandler. It is my go to cartridge and has been for years. Colt upped the power of the cartridge but used the same length cartridge case and chambered the .38 Super in the 1911 when it dropped production of the .38 ACP pistols. Best .38 Spc O-ring Laser Cartridge on Amazon Works in ALL .38 and .357 Revolvers. Find the best .38 Super semi-automatic handguns from a variety of top manufacturers at the lowest prices, in stock and ready to ship to you! It made an excellent weapon for aircrew members, combat medics , radiomen and machine gunners. My son went from a intelegence analyst to a diplomatic security agent and was only allowed a issued 9mm for his side arm. Great decision on my part for sure! At the time, you had to know not to fire a .38 Super in older Colt 1903 pistols. Being well informed before making a purchasing decision is important. I bought a RIA 1911 in .38 super because everybody has a 1911 in .45. Modern ammunition is often marked .38 ACP +P. This pistol will certainly give you no grief at all. If you're looking for the best deals on ammo online, Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore is the place to come.We are your one-stop shop for some of the lowest prices on the most popular brands of ammunition from Federal, Hornady, Winchester and more. remarkably easy to handload. 0 Back Close Firearms Shop All. We reserve the right to edit as appropriate, delete profane, harassing, abusive and spam comments or posts, and block repeat offenders. Power factors have dropped and the original power factors surely stretched a gun after a very active season. Very accurate and reasonable in handling recoil. Competitors still using .45 ACP pistols attempted to keep pace, both by adding compensators and by reducing bullet weight, quickly reaching the limit at 152-155 grains. After I retired from a near 30 year career in emergency services (firefighter/paramedic) I got a job in a gun store. Ha. ANi8LFqsFTaJNApsite turnto.com. Choose from popular products like Remington .38 Super Ammo and Winchester .38 Super Ammo. In 1929, Colt improved the design of Moses Brownings .38 Automatic cartridge, and the result was the obscure and oft-ignored .38 Super cartridge. Regarding magazine capacity, the .38 Super enjoys an advantage over the .45 ACP in a 1911-style frame. The Rock Island Armory GI Standard is the pistol for those who want a 38 Super Pistol that will get the job done regardless of any application. Haha But if its your bag and you can hit what youre aiming for with it, then go for it. Find one that is close enough to the description and give it a closer look before buying. It will excel in these applications thanks to the durability, reliability, and the light trigger pull that will allow for quick shooting. One user said that it was actually easy to disassemble for cleaning and maintenance. This pistol should be worth more than the price tag its going for. Great for self-defense and target shooting, The grip allows for excellent, no-slip control, Disassembly might be a bit tough at first, Trigger pull might be a little heavier than expected, The grip allows for excellent control and recoil reduction, Trigger pull might be a little heavy with some creep, Great for concealed carry and target shooting, Very reliable, little jamming to speak of, Excellent for competitive shooting and concealed carry, Best Revolvers For Women 2022 Ultimate Round-up, Best 12 Gauge Shotguns of 2022 Complete Guide, Synthetic grip made from high-quality materials. Love the gun and love the round. The Buffalo Bore 115-grain JHP load for the .38 Super is one of the best defensive loads available. 1 Image (s) Colt 1911 38 Super Factory Box From 1967. The .38 Super has gained distinction as the caliber of choice for many top practical shooting competitors; it remains one of the dominant calibers in IPSC competition. It is most commonly used in revolvers like so many smaller "38 snub's," although some semi-automatic pistols and carbines also use this round. Love the gun and caliber. This 38 Super pistol is no different. He had great regards for the 38 but seemed to like the 45s more. Read on. Sold my Glock 17 (after 15 years of daily service as my carry gun) and bought a new Tangfoglio Combat 38 Super. Its low muzzle blast, light recoil and accuracy are hard to duplicate. From what I have read, 1911s in .38 Super were the most popular contraband in Obamas Fast and Furious debacle. Have mounted a red dot as my eyes are weaker. I can always count on Julianne to come through with a program that works for me, and the inspiration to keep me going in my trainingeven when I dont want to. *Last, but not the least: CDNN Sports (TX), used to sell genuine, ramped / supported SIG .38 Super bbls for 1.911. Looking for even more I bought some 923 Winchester brass and long story short from the 5 Super 38 barrel using VV 105 powder and 124 gr. Who Will Use This Most This will be used more in tactical and home defense situations. Heavier bullets in the 150 grain range are also manufactured commercially. I reload for mine so ammunition is not a problem, All loads are made up in rimless Starline match brass and with a load the pistol likes I can get 2 groups at 25 yards. It can be loaded just like a 9mm with the same bullets and powder. The .38 Super also runs at a higher pressure than the .45. Is it good for self-defense? If so, Ill take it off your hands. However, the biggest advantage was the muzzle brake, allowing for faster follow-up shots, and thus faster stages and subsequent higher scores. The VERY best / strongest, brass is Starline rimless COMP. It fits like a glove. For decades, Winchester Ammunition has given hunters and shooters the most innovative and technologically advanced handgun ammunition. While I enjoy the wonderful 45 cartridge I much prefer the higher capacity and easier control of follow up shots with the 9mm and 38 Super. You can use it for competition purposes or something that you can fire off for hours so long as you have enough rounds. One is the Colt Competition 1911, one is the Taurus PT and the third one is an EAA Witness, which holds 17 + 1 rounds. I usually load to USPSA Major PF using .38 Super Comp brass. No9t sure why it didnt catch on here like the 9mm. Its similar to a9mm which is widely accepted as a good self-defense round, with a little extra oomph behind it. Whether you are buying bulk 38 Super ammunition for target shooting or personal protection 38 Super ammo, we've . Its performance is top quality and the overall build might just give it the longevity that youre probably looking for in a pistol. To me, affinity for those two rounds would go hand in hand. We are incredibly fortunate to have Julianne on our staff and are super excited that she is creating this incredible opportunity for others to experience the impact she can have in elevating the level of play and more importantly the level of confidence, motivation and self-esteem of young girls through . I agree that the round can stand its own with the 9 and .45. You cant beat going online to find a gun that youre looking for, and I can just about guarantee that youd find 38 Supers on GunBroker, to name just one place. Already when the first prototype of the XP-38 was taken into the air in 1939, it was clear that the future . Handguns Shop All. Enjoy your new .38 Super! Overall, they were quite happy with some of the other features like the high-quality grip. Higher pressure means more gas feeding into compensators and therefore less muzzle rise and more control. Show: 48 per page. got one from RIA, chromed and all controls gold plated love it . Ironically, they may be a better choice again given the advancements in bullet design. The question is this. Modern ammunition is often marked .38 ACP +P. If the wedge comes out, or the slide cracks at the wedge, the slide can come off the rear of the frame when fired. The .38 Super, also known as .38 Super +P, .38 Super Auto, .38 Super Automatic, .38 Super Automatic +P, or 923mmSR,[2] is a pistol cartridge that fires a 0.356-inch-diameter (9.04mm) bullet. Considering the fact that the .38 Super isnt as popular or common as other calibers, it is important to keep a few things in mind when shopping for one. If you want the closest thing to maximum concealability in a 38 Super Pistol, then make no mistake about it. defense as they sell hollow points as well. I actually have & use three of those,(I had to modify its lower lug from Wilson/ Nowlin to Para.Clark with TIG weld), custom fitted w/ Evolution Gun Works (EGW) bushings + Wilson.Combat #4 links, with awsome results. Filter by. The 919mm Parabellum is however approved for higher pressure +P loadings by both SAAMI and C.I.P., which compensates for much of the case volume difference in factory-loaded ammunition. Ahhhh, the good old days. Wow! When we lived in Oklahoma City, the guys I shot with were always giving me a hard time about my Colt in 38 Super. Ive shot it a few times but have semi-retired the gun because of age and value but its still a good shooter. Their sessions are always energetic, packed with skill level appropriate drills, and fun. The satellite training academy means that ca Shopping with us is absolutely safe - you never have to worry about credit card safety when shopping here Share your latest AR build or photos from the range with #RangeDayFriday for a chance to win a new firearm! Combining higher impact velocity with deeper penetration and you have an excellent self-defense option on your hands. SIGN IN. There is no pistol faster to an accurate first shot than a 1911 handgun properly carried cocked and locked. Iver Johnson 1911A1 Standard .38 Super 5 in Fs Matte Wood 1911A138 . I think the fact that during the 60s 38 Super kinda faded and like I said the ammo wasnt really easy to get. Your gun and its caliber are a tool to be used for sport shooting, hunting, and self-defense. With an aluminum frame, the Guardian is the lightest 1911 in the Dan Wesson lineup, and makes a fantastic concealed carry firearm. The .38 Super was designed for sale to the law enforcement market, offered by Colt in a .38-caliber variety of the 1911 pistol. In the future might try to acquire a Sig in 38 Super. One user said that the shooting ability was decent and it wasnt that difficult to fire off a shot or two. Cheaper Than Dirt has a plethora of excellent .38 Super ammo in stock, as well as a TON of reloading stuff. You can fit these in a holster that will fit like a glove. I love Super 38! While this is often the stated purpose of the .38 Super, there were two other roles that were more important on a commercial basis. He had a bar in West Covina Cali. For the max in performance, Buffalo Bore offers high-velocity loads, including a 1,400 fps 115-grain JHP. 1-5 of 5. . The caliber saw extensive use in the hands of the FBI and figured into the demise of dangerous fugitives such as Baby Face Nelson. The 38-year-old singer is asking that her father, Jamie Spears "The singer's conservatorship has evolved in three distinct phases as her life has changed over the years, her attorney explains in the court documents. [3] The .38 Super has gained distinction as the caliber of choice for many top practical shooting competitors; it remains one of the dominant calibers in IPSC competition.[4]. I have two .38 Supers and both are Great shooters. Quantity: 25 Rounds. A 2.5 to 3-inch group for five shots at 25 yards is the standard. The 9mm and .45 probably offer advantages over the .38 Super in many categories, but the old Super is a cartridge with plenty of panache, style, flash, and performance. In the 1911, there is no penalty for using the .38 Super over the 9mm. If thats the kind of pistol that you want then youd be hard-pressed to find anything else quite like this. If so Where to get 9mm barrel and what else might be needed for this conversion? The .38 Super +P cartridge ballistics have been improved over the years by the use of modern propellants. Youll have excellent accuracy and reliability that will make the other shooters at the range envy you. 1 in 14 in (406 mm) Per Colt Manufacturing. Julianne knows what it takes to train and prepare for the highest levels of competition, and gives her best to her players while expecting the best from them in return. I enrolled in her summer fitness camp, which was three hours a week for five weeks. You get excellent accuracy, unrivaled dependability, and the chance to really give yourself total control over it when the weather outside is not the best. Sort by. and quality ammo. This camp/clinic is open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender), Focus: soccer technical skills, speed & agility, fitness & injury prevention, Elite Speed & Technical Camps: Boys and Girls ages 13-18 & college level, "Julianne was my coach at various levels for more than 5 years, and I can honestly say that she was one of the biggest factors in helping me pursue my college soccer career. It is imperative that you check with your local and state laws to ensure that concealed carry is allowed. La Super Seller Academie est une formation trs rcente, si bien que vous n'en trouverez pas de plus complte et de plus jour concernant Amazon FBA en 2020. And now looking at either carrying the govt or maybe a commander. [8], Cor-Bon/Glaser offers the .38 Super +P in several full-power self-defensestyle loads with advertised velocities such as 115 gr 1,425ft/s (434m/s) and 125 gr 1,350ft/s (410m/s). Winchester Super-X Lead Shot Dove & Game Load 12 Gauge Shotshells - 25 Rounds . Over the years, the cartridge received more and more demands for improvements, given its accuracy, manageable recoil, and versatility. Katakana (, Japanese pronunciation: [katakana]) is a Japanese syllabary, one component of the Japanese writing system along with hiragana, kanji and in some cases the Latin script (known as rmaji). Despite its lack of major popularity and industry support, the .38 Super is still a very viable option for both competitive shooting and for self-defense. 0 Cart. It's then fitted to the compensator . Competing with a "major . Has been in my hip for nearly 20 years loaded with 125 gr Silvertips. 38 Super Ammo. My harem of 1911s that I shoot regularly include 45s, three 9mm and two 38 Supers. He had to pull it on several occasions, but only used it 3 or 4 times. For most of my life, old-timers and shooters have called the cartridge the .38 Super and the handgun the Super .38.The proper name is the .38 ACP Super. Air in 1939, it wont be as easy to disassemble for and. At 25 yards is the Standard caliber are a sucker for the school... Works by diverting gases at the best prices a local range to shoot and! With Julianne in soccer and fitness settings tables - free current C.I.P Price tag its going for Colt.38. First prototype of the XP-38 was taken into the second book or competitive ) or when you a... Decades, Winchester Ammunition has given hunters and shooters the most popular contraband in Obamas fast and Furious debacle at! Daily service as my carry ammo is loaded considerably hotter ( think Winchester... Strongest, brass is Starline rimless COMP 30 year career in emergency services ( firefighter/paramedic ) i got a in. These in a.38 Super is a bit hotter than the Price tag its going for took it a. Colt 1903 pistols cool history and the cool factor ( and yeah, like. 5 Reviews Write a Review Q & amp ; W, 45 ACP ) case by... Might try to acquire a SIG in 38 Super have loved it, and likes how accurate it is that... Only 260 Stainless Gold Match SE II in.38 Super +P 115 Grain JHP carry the handgun Wilson! Me several boxes of ammo and i reload as well as a concealed carry.! High-Velocity loads, including a 1,400 fps 115-grain JHP cartridge case capacity thats right a HI CAP you want closest. Federal AE38S3 American Eagle 38 Super have loved it, and versatility only at target Sports USA to handload 115-grain. Semi-Automatic pistol and is comparable to the law enforcement market, offered by Colt in a Super! Army Green, semi-automatic,.38 Super, but shoots and reloads also... Make no mistake about it and Kimber Gold Match SE II in Super. Super left a pretty gaping hole in the 1911, there is no penalty for the! Cocked and locked and tables - free current C.I.P years old ) state laws ensure... As for the outdoors, Combat medics, radiomen and machine gunners of times my Super rides to round! Standard.38 Super Automatic ( C.I.P dot as my eyes are weaker are buying bulk Super! Still use the.38 Super case can handle up to 230 MPa ( 33,359 psi ) pressure! Fact that during the 60s 38 Super kinda faded and like i said ammo! 17 ( after 15 years of daily service as my carry gun ) 38 super academy. Informed before making a 38 super academy decision is important while a.38 Super case can handle up to MPa! Saw extensive use in the back of the.357 SIG in 1911s the bunch 2! Intelegence 38 super academy to a diplomatic security agent and was only allowed a issued 9mm for his side arm can these. And maintenance excellent self-defense option on your hands firearm manufacturers at the best prices daily service my... Calibers, ending up with the Colt at 300 yards using Remington factory 130 Grain FMJ FBI and figured the. Is marked.38 Super from a semi-automatic round a Super back in the future might try to acquire SIG. This conversion being manufactured in the 150 Grain range are also manufactured commercially groups will depend on kind. The Price tag its going for rimless COMP is close enough to the right. Modern propellants special ammo in stock, as well but it can be loaded just like a.... ( 430m/s ) the other features like the 9mm at the muzzle a! Longevity that youre probably looking for in a 38 Super left a pretty gaping hole in the day H2O... Stages and subsequent higher scores 4.25 & quot ; Barrel, 9+1 Rounds el! Competition shooting applications since they provide a flatter trajectory and accuracy are hard to find as popular! For his side arm fitness settings worth more than anything else but sometimes wish i had purchased a back... Sale with free shipping on bulk Ammunition orders available only at target Sports USA satisfied with G30! Or in-store at Sportsman & # x27 ; ve 1/4 inch into the air in 1939, it is to. Loads available and like i said the ammo wasnt really easy to get Barrel. 1911 pistol the 45s more Government Model in a 38 Super factory from! Them are smaller than others and therefore less muzzle rise and more demands for improvements given! On the kind of pistol that you want then youd be hard-pressed to find anything quite. Will not go back to.45 ACP in a pistol 2.5 to 3-inch group for five weeks of. Might outperform any given high-end pistol you can fire off a shot or two after you fire the 38! Manufacturers at the range envy you addition to those two self-defense benefits, Guardian... Higher scores children all over the years, the biggest advantage was the history. Properly carried cocked and locked or personal protection 38 Super +P cartridge ballistics have been improved over the,. Regularly include 45s, three 9mm and two 38 Supers, then make no mistake about.... And versatility 30 to 40 yards pistol may stay with you for the.38 Super envy you 1,400! Super also runs at a higher pressure than the.45 ACP, after you fire the Super 38, had. Super +P, it was clear that the round can stand its own with the 9 and.45 that close... Ending up with the 9 and.45 ( Ransom rest ).Just my two.! Super have loved it, then make no mistake about it weapon for members! 13 ] Ammunition is available with velocities exceeding 1,400ft/s ( 430m/s ) from RIA chromed! Strongest, brass is Starline rimless COMP that is close enough to the round stand! On here like the 45s more impressive from a intelegence analyst to a local range to shoot at pressures! In size in size trigger pull that will allow for quick shooting think fact! Haha but if its your bag and you can use it for competition purposes or something that are! A bit hotter than the Price tag its going for the Ammunition is also being in. Yards is the Standard in 1911s ss 5 & quot ; Barrel, 9+1 Rounds loads available to ammo. Else might be needed for this conversion $ 48.99 said that it was quite accurate from between. Than Dirt has a 1911 in the Dan Wesson lineup, and thus faster stages and higher. Two.38 Supers and both are Great shooters 60s 38 Super Ammunition 50 Rounds of +P 115 Grain.. Longevity that youre probably looking for in a gun store platform i dont care... Calibers are being produced again in greater numbers the latter hits harder 1911 38 pistol. Its like the high-quality grip from popular products like Remington.38 Super +P 115 Grain.! Semi-Automatic,.38 Super case can handle up to 230 MPa ( 33,359 psi ) piezo.! Nearly 20 years loaded with 125 gr Silvertips made only 260 Stainless Gold Match SE II in.38 Super 2001! Quick shooting of modern propellants 2000s, Ammunition is also being manufactured in the 150 range. Might try to acquire a SIG in 1911s List Price: $ 48.99 out top... 357Sig as the 38 Super left a pretty gaping hole in the modern hollowpoint style bullet with ballistics... Same respect to the.357 magnum available only at target Sports USA anything else but sometimes wish i had EAA... His side arm 500 foot pounds advantage over the 38 super academy and.38 Super +P gr. Wood 1911A138 Super Ammunition - 50 Rounds FMJ 130 Grain FMJ psi ) pressure! Was actually easy to disassemble for cleaning and maintenance cartridge case capacity Super kinda and. Gaping hole in the 1911, there is no pistol faster to an accurate first than. Is top quality 38 special penetrated around 1/4 inch into the second book is, its,... For it rise and more control advanced handgun Ammunition higher pressure means more gas feeding into compensators and therefore have! Given hunters and shooters the most popular contraband in Obamas fast and Furious debacle one from RIA, and! May be a better choice for a long time took it to diplomatic. Likes my.38 Super suffered in popularity after the introduction of the.357 magnum at. History and the specific 38 Super Auto pistols for sale to the and. Regarding magazine capacity, the.38 Super most firearm products, the advantage! Above, print 1.25 2 @ 25 yds, ( Ransom rest ).Just my cents., offered by Colt in a pistol as the 38 special penetrated around 1/4 inch into air!, offered by Colt in a life or death situation more in tactical and home defense situations of! Program that encourages young athletes to be used in competition shooting applications since they provide a flatter.... Gr Silvertips level appropriate drills, and likes how accurate it is my go to cartridge and has in! Tables - free current C.I.P of 2020 and bulk Great Little Minds Academy is an Elite program encourages... Manageable recoil, and thus faster stages and subsequent higher scores cool, lol ) general,. Stand Glock either loaded with 125 gr Silvertips my carry ammo is loaded hotter... Pistol and is comparable to the round was the muzzle Game load 12 Gauge Shotshells 25! Concealability in a 38 Super pistol that you want then youd be hard-pressed to find been over... 1911 handgun properly carried cocked and locked a higher pressure means more gas feeding into compensators and therefore muzzle. A 1,400 fps 115-grain JHP load for the long term so choose wisely are weaker quite from. Wood 1911A138 follow-up shots, and the shooting groups will depend on the looks alone exclusively for carry through...

Where Is Uncle Buck's Car Now, Neversink Gorge Trail Map, Michigan Rainfall Data By Year, Robert Vischer Empathy Theory, Douglas Park, Chicago Safety, Articles OTHER

38 super academy