acalanes union high school district candidates

// As the election for an opening in the Acalanes Union High School District (AUHSD) Governing Board comes to a close, Blueprint spoke with each of the four candidates, Paul Derksen, Christopher Severson, Nancy Kendzierski, and Bob Hockett, to discuss their campaign platforms. Email: joshua.sharpe@sfchronicle.com, sophia.bollag@sfchronicle.com Twitter: @joshuawsharpe, @sophiabollag. They are elected at-large by the registered voters of the district and generally meet on the first and third Wednesdays of each month. Elections take place at Veterans Memorial Building in Lafayette on Nov. 6. : First off, I was just hoping you could tell me a little bit about your background in the education system and what youve been up to. Address 1212 Pleasant Hill Rd, Lafayette, Ca 94549. I mean, you name it, and Ive probably done it at some time. The Acalanes Union High School District is committed to equal opportunity for all individuals in education. And so how does someone really stand out? Gavin Newsom, former San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin and several members of the San Francisco school board. Open Session typically begins at 7:00 p.m. Closed Sessions and Study Sessions may begin earlier.Meetings are held in the Community Room of the Acalanes Union High School District Office, at 1212 Pleasant Hill Road in Lafayette, unless otherwise posted. * Web site address is provided to CDE by the school district District Reports. So all the candidates get asked what their priorities are and my main priorities are first of all, which is what you already mentioned, student wellness. These guys sit back and wait for people to come to us and now we need to get out there and recruit. 7:00 PM Nancy, you have to apply!. Like what were some of the issues you worked on and something you are particularly proud of over there? She failed to save her daughter from fentanyls grip. I was born and raised in Lafayette, I am a graduate of Acalanes, and I taught government history in high school for 33 years down in Southern California. 17 cars broken into on a single night in this San Francisco neighborhood. Mark Woolway, a father of four, is running for Acalanes School Board in San Francisco's Bay Area. Do you have any other major priorities that you are running on in this election? Blueprint: Ok and one of my last questions: Why do you think a voter should choose you for the school board? Severson ( Republican Party) (also known as Doc) was a member of the Minnesota House of Representatives, representing District 14A. I think she donated $250 $250 doesnt go very far these days, said Woolway, a former PayPal executive who served on former President Donald Trumps transition team. Flyers were placed on the windows of cars in the Campolindo parking lot and on nearby streets during the game. Curran researched and learned about Woolways connection to Trump. Research salary, company info, career paths, and top skills for Food Service Manager VI - Skyline High School (2022-23) I think what they did was okay, because they were doing it after school and it was [an event with] a lot of people who are involved in the schools, Potter said. Derksen: Yeah. John Rogers, an education policy expert at UCLA, said Republicans in California and nationally see school board races as a way to drive turnout. Blueprint: So what made you originally decide to run for the school board? Shane Reinhart. She hoped theyd turn out for the next forum for the Lafayette race, a virtual event last Thursday night, but the slate This is a carousel. There are many things out there to be viewed. : Ok and one of my last questions: Why do you think a voter should choose you for the school board? Curran learned that Gabe Ledeen had been a guest at an event put on by the influential right-wing Federalist Society. Jennifer Chen, a mental health professional, has reported $37,000 in donations, nearly all from inside the district. Kendzierski: Well hopefully because I am qualified, experienced and passionate. Hockett: One issue that I am trying to focus on in particular is the teacher shortage in California, which is very major. He was nominated by former President George H. W. Bush in 1991 and is the second African-American to serve on the high court, following Justice Thurgood Marshall. I dont see it so much as I want to do this or that, but rather a continuation of the many initiatives. At least three new ponds are visible in Golden Gate Park after the recent rains attracting birds, frolicking dogs and people taking photos. Thats the number one reason why I am running is to try and promote student wellness and make high schools here a little bit better place to beless stress, more feeling safe, and things like that. You know, really go out and sell yourself. Knowing that everyones attention is about making things right here and not about pursuing personal agendas has been really nice. I thought it would be a good step and I was hoping I would bring a lot of contacts and experience in. These Wellness Centers are designed to help students and give them all the resources they need. Occupation: Finance / Technology Executive Renee Nowac 10390 votes 7.78%. And one thing weve done in recent years: weve offered retired teachers five years of vision and dental plan if they let us know theyre retiring by Feb. 1, so that is a head start because we tend to now know. Acalanes Union High School District Governing Board Candidate Forum No views Oct 13, 2022 Seven candidates run for three open positions in the Acalanes Union High School. California State Library - Voter's Edge California Voter Guide | Nonpartisan information on the Tuesday November 6, 2018 election. . I was elected to the city council down in Southern California, so I served a city council and so when I moved back up here, I still wanted to contribute to education in some way, so I thought Acalanes Union is a high school and of course a governing board, so the combination of my interest in government and my interest in high school education just seemed like a good fit and something that I could contribute to, and so thats why I decided to run and here I am. Acalanes High School is a top rated, public school located in LAFAYETTE, CA. Lafayette 94549-2623: Phone . School districts | Parent Revolt, Theres a desire to see local school boards and local school politics as a way to heighten conflict over divisive cultural issues, he said. Company size 1-10 employees Headquarters Moraga, California Locations 310 MORAGA RD. In my mind, whats hard about being a board member is that you come in and you think youre going to tackle some pet projects that you might have as a person, but that might not be necessarily effective for a school board. "Vern" Weber has been a school consultant for the past. Its nice to have a mix, but I think its helpful to have some experience. Barbara Vargen-Kotchevar. School Board. Copyright 2002-2023 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. Glasgow, United Kingdom. If the concern is that its a Republican movement, Im not even a Republican, Woolway, who said he doesnt identify with either major party, told The Chronicle via email. Trying to raise more awareness about equity issues that will be ongoing, and trying to make sure our programs are for all students. Candidates' Forum, Acalanes Union High School District - October 13 (online only) Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 7:00pm to 8:30pm Location Virtual meeting on Zoom. The Acalanes Union High School District's Governing Board functions as the legislative body of the district and establishes policies and goals by which the school district is operated. I think its a really good group, I know them all. : And if elected, what are student issues you want to focus on? So that whole issue of how does Academy period work and how do we target the kids who need remedial help vs. the kids who are more or less on their own. What do we know about their positions?. San Francisco tech investor and Woolways fellow early PayPal official David Sacks and his wife Jacqueline are the biggest donors to the Acalanes slates effort, having given almost half of the total. I mean, I do hope if I get elected to be involved with the implementation of the. I think its the fact that my co-chair and the consultant on the parcel tax that I was working on for another district was going, Nancy, you have to apply! : So you were President of the Orinda School Board District, correct? The Academy issue was also part of that. Questions may be submitted in advance by email tovoter.services [at] lwvdv.org. Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). The Student Newspaper of Acalanes High School, CategoryFeaturePosted onOctober 26, 2018October 29, 2018AuthorAcalanes Blueprint, By Kiara Kunnes and Sarah Westergren, Print and Online Editor-in-Chief. It was the source of the money, however, not the small amount, that caused worry for some. : What do you think is your primary platform or mission? Counties | Open Session typically begins at 7:00 p.m. Closed Sessions and Study Sessions may begin earlier. Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 187 188 189 190 Next Three candidates for the Acalanes Union High School District Governing Board have pulled in more than $10,000 in campaign contributions, much of it from the insurrectionist wing of the Republican party. and displaying flags promoting sexual orientation, unlimited gender identities, according to her website. Candidates (Vote for 3) This is a preview of the election. He was in office from 2002 to 2011. U.S. Congress | On top of which, we need to make sure we stay fiscally stable because well see with a new governor, whoever is elected, how the state is funding schools in ways that largely we dont control. He is a native of South Georgia, in the Okefenokee Swamp. AUHSD staff and students are grateful for the tremendous support provided by the parent foundations. Please review our BoardDocs website for updated meeting times, meeting agendas and minutes, Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated). Chicago, Illinois 60690-1979 Phone 312-534-5388 Fax 312-751-8307 . Amarjit Kaur. My first-grader just needed to sign a pledge saying, If you see someone being bullied, tell a teacher, said the mother, adding that someone had been putting Trump stickers on their yard signs. Theyre under the umbrella of the same campaign structure, and all have the same website and they also seem to be aligned with another three-candidate slate in a Lafayette school district race. Screenshots ricocheted across Nextdoor and Facebook in late September. Some students were unsettled and unsure of the connotations of the flyers. In the Lafayette race, incumbents Rob Sturm and David Smith have raised $6,000 and $15,000, respectively. Could you just expand on that? So weve introduced two and were ready for our third, and as a result of that, there will probably be a review of graduation requirements. The district serves grades 9-12 and is "considered one of the highest performing districts in California." The district has four high schools, an alternative school, and an adult education program. We were directly involved with that and I think we did a great job of bringing on some really good people to the Orinda School District. All rights reserved. I dont see it so much. Elections take place at Veterans Memorial Building in Lafayette on Nov. 6. Virginia Thomas, a voice in the crowd said, referring to Ginni Thomas, the right-wing activist and wife of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. The Acalanes district encompasses high schools in Lafayette, Orinda, Moraga and Walnut Creek, four suburbs on the eastern side of the Oakland hills, where typical home values often well exceed $1 million, according to Zillow. The board is responsible for setting the overriding policies of the district. Hockett: Right. So thats always been a big issue with me. And there is also clearly a trend that the right-wing outrage machine has identified of taking over local school boards as their new culture-war front, with an agenda to ban books and push batshit theories about litter boxes in schools. Acalanes Union High School District is a school district in California. Has a right-wing movement to flip school boards really landed in the Bay Area? I think its a really good group, I know them all. The challenge success is ongoing in terms of trying to challenge this notion of what is success and about that well being of our students. Our students and community will continue to benefit from their leadership, knowledge and experience. And of course, pay is important and working conditions. Why hasnt it Office chairs and a blue bird statue: Heres everything you can bid on S.F. // As the election for an opening in theAcalanes Union High School District (AUHSD) Governing Board comes to a close,Blueprintspoke with each of the four candidates, Paul Derksen, Christopher Severson, Nancy Kendzierski, and Bob Hockett, to discuss their campaign platforms. not specifically the country, but what we should do to make sure a community is educated because thats how we can learn and work together, hopefully. Then just the fact that it didnt explain anything and it was so random, Campolindo senior Nikita Vayner said. He was on the ballot in the general election on November 8, 2022. Martha Goralka, LWVDV Voter Services Chair, Candidates' Forum, Acalanes Union High School District - October 13 (online only), The format will include brief candidate statements followed by questions. : Yeah, so a lot of what we work on is budgetary stuff because, again, one of the things the board is tasked with is looking over finances to make sure the finances are going well, so we worked a lot with that. Do you have a view on that or any other issues you want to focus on? 3. Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Baker and Bauer-Kahan Speak in School-Wide Election Simulation, Volleyball Stages Comeback to Defeat San Marin, https://www.cocovote.us/acalanes-union-high-school-district/. Some question the effectiveness of the flyers placed during the football game and their benefits in gaining support for the upcoming elections. Challenger Katy Foreman has reported $16,000. Across the country, right-wing groups are pouring money and support into local school board races amid lingering outrage over COVID closures and concepts such as white privilege being taught in schools. Federal courts | : Yeah. In California, Republicans have pointed to local school board races as a place they can win elections. : So one of my questions was going to be what initiatives you plan to take, but it sounds like one of your goals is to be more nonpartisan. Occupation . Right now we are doing a homework policy review because we are going to a new calendar next year and I was all for that. At first, I thought this has the potential to be total chaos but it also has the potential to be a positive force. The flyers included the names of the six candidates and stated, The only MAGA APPROVED candidates for the 2022 Lafayette and AUHSD school boards!. Jennifer Chen and Nancy Kendzierski participate in the Acalanes board candidates forum. Stephanie Travis. That usually never happens but mainly for other reasonsfor economics or for other districts, they have greater ability to say, Well I know youre going to teach history and we have a history opening where maybe here, we say, Well, we know you want to teach history but right now we need English so maybe later on. Sometimes things happen that can make it difficult. U.S. President | The Chron also notes that the three-person slate with whom Woolway is running got about half of its contributions from SF tech investor David Sacks, who dumped enormous sums of money into the Recall Chesa Boudin and Newsom recall campaigns. : So basically, Ive spent the last 15 years or so volunteering at schools when my kids started in the public schools, and so I did a lot of PTA volunteer functions as treasurer, president, auction chair etc. District: Acalanes Union High (School Profiles) County: Contra Costa: Address: 1212 Pleasant Hill Rd. students Like what were some of the issues you worked on and something you are particularly proud of over there? You never know what it is going to be like until you do it. I have been an active parent and community volunteer since moving to the area in 1995, including sixteen years on the executive boards of PTAs and as a Moraga Education Foundation director since 2005. Five citizens are elected to serve overlapping terms of four years each. I know student stress is a really big thing that the district is dealing with. One New York political action committee, 1776 Project PAC, endorsed more than 100 school board candidates this year in Florida, Texas, Virginia and Pennsylvania with 35 wins in August alone, Politico Complete the appropriate forms in the Candidate Application Packet. Reviews from ACALANES UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT employees about ACALANES UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. A year later, her Californians approved billions for new water storage. Acalanes now has a new school superintendent for its five high schools in Moraga, Lafayette, Orinda and Walnut Creek. We did an earlier pass on that. Annual Enrollment Reports. Weve been lucky so far. : Yeah. : Well, I am the only candidate that has kids in the school district right now. The intentional harassment being currently expressed online is the same type of behavior that we teach our children not to take part in as it can lead the recipient to depression and self harm, the statement said. Due to maintenance, EDJOIN will be down intermittently. Severson: Well, I am the only candidate that has kids in the school district right now. And with my background, I think I can make a really good contribution to, and of course, the academics are important, but I think whats more important is how our students are doing from a wellness and mental health standpoint. The forum is co-hosted by the League of Women Voters of Diablo Valley and theLas Lomas High School PTSA. Five citizens are elected to serve overlapping terms of four years each. I know student stress is a really big thing that the district is dealing with. However, these flyers prove some have chosen alternative, non-traditional methods of publicity. 84, of Mint Hill, passed away Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at Hospice of Union County. Thats the number one reason why I am running is to try and promote student wellness and make high schools here a little bit better place to be. Id like to see it through, and hopefully, voters see it that way. Which Bay Area city is best for you? The incumbent candidates answered questions from a moderator, then from the audience. School Districts / Acalanes Union High 2013-2020 salaries for Acalanes Union High 9,491 employee records found - Page 1 of 190 Subscribe to this agency | Download records | View average salary by job title | View all agencies Note: Benefits include statutory benefits. We already have two experienced members going off. School board candidate Gabe Ledeen, a lawyer and former Marine who did two tours of duty in Iraq, is the son of Barbara Ledeen, a conservative activist very close to Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme . PhD candidate @RutgersU | Duckweed, Plant Microbiome . I am an emergency medicine physician, so I have a lot of training in health and wellness, and again, thats really my own focus with my kids being involved in the Acalanes School District. The policy section on that website describes no actual policies whatsoever, just horsehit platitudes about strong leadership and to promote transparency.. But the outside donations, a recent endorsement of both slates of candidates by the Contra Costa Republican Party and the slates similar websites featuring vague statements about things like teachers pushing political ideology have stirred concern in the heavily Democratic district. The Chronicle reports that one of candidates in Novembers Acalanes Union High School District Governing Board has oddly received a contribution from Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who seems to have played a role in the January 6 insurrection (and lives 3,000 miles away from Acalanes High). Woolway is one of three candidates campaigning in lockstep for majority control of the Acalanes Union High School District Governing Board in the Nov. 8 election. I think that weve done a good job so far. This is up 8 percent since 2000, where the . Mark Woolway listens during a public forum for candidates for the Acalanes Union High School District governing board at Del Valle Education Center in Walnut Creek. Blueprint: So you were President of the Orinda School Board District, correct? Blueprint: Youre on the governing board, correct? The decision to go to block schedule was kind of a year implementation before we actually went to it. So there are a number of things going on. conservative activist associated with Ginni Thomas and Trumps former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, // As the election for an opening in theAcalanes Union High School District (AUHSD) Governing Board comes to a close. Luck does have some part of it, there are some challenges, but thats what you sign up for. I think its the fact that my co-chair and the consultant on the parcel tax that I was working on for another district was going, Nancy, you have to apply! Blueprint: First off, I was just hoping you could tell me a little bit about your background in the education system and what youve been up to. : And why should a voter choose you for the school board? Kenneth Acosta - @Mrreiper . I was on the Orinda School Board four years ago, and so I worked with elementary schools, and thats one of the feeder districts for the Acalanes district and we were able to do a lot of good stuff there, so Im hoping to continue some of that good work on the Acalanes Board as well. So the school board sets a strategic direction for the district, so I wouldnt necessarily say that I would take any kind of initiatives, but there could be things that the school board as a whole directs the superintendent and the staff to look into, so, whatever things come up. S.F. Dont forget the new standards, where weve introduced the common core, but the next generation of science standards are being implemented. One of the candidates on the Lafayette slate, retired police officers Robb McSorley, has previously sounded off on Twitter about his disdain for trans athletes competing against others of their gender, and he railed against mask wearing (of course) back in May 2020. Acalanes Union High School District Candidate for Board Member Next Contest Christopher Severson Acalanes Union High School District Governing Board Member 31,638 votes (23.68%) Winning My choice Candidate has provided information. : Im excited to help the high schools keep moving along, and for where we can to do even better. : So can you share some of your experiences over there? On top of which, we need to make sure we stay fiscally stable because well see with a new governor, whoever is elected, how the state is funding schools in ways that largely we dont control. Lauren McCollins. Kendzierski: Well, I have been a very active parent volunteer for a number of years and have a number of friends who have been Board members. But on the evening of Oct. 3, no one from the Lafayette slate attended the candidates forum inside the multipurpose room at Stanley Middle School. Derksen: So basically, Ive spent the last 15 years or so volunteering at schools when my kids started in the public schools, and so I did a lot of PTA volunteer functions as treasurer, president, auction chair etc. She said shes supporting them largely because of her frustration with previous COVID closures and the lingering effects felt by children. Both have continually demonstrated a thoughtful insight into, and a deep commitment for, meeting. A 26-year-old mystery out of San Luis Obispo came to a conclusion Tuesday, as Paul Flores was found guilty in the murder of 19-year-old Kristin Smart. National Republican groups often help conservative candidates through informal networks of foundations, think tanks and legal advocacy groups. Three former students of Miramonte High School in Orinda filed a lawsuit earlier this month against the school and the Acalanes Union High School District, alleging both were negligent in allowing a former teacher to continue teaching after officials knew he was sexually abusing them. Before long, local sleuths found a Twitter account that appeared to belong to Lafayette slate candidate Robb McSorley, a retired police officer and high school football coach. Hopefully, its driven by what the student needs are. Its a different job than being an advocate or volunteer, but I have worked with so many different districts as a result of my volunteer work that it seemed like a logical step, and I was interested in the kinds of governing structures and issues that are tackled at the governing board level. The board is responsible for setting the overriding policies of the San school. School boards really landed in the Campolindo parking lot and on nearby streets during the.! Driven by what the student needs are pointed to local school board your primary platform or mission lingering... Are particularly proud of over there $ 15,000, respectively policies of the district Plant Microbiome but I its..., experienced and passionate board district, correct PM Nancy, you name it, and probably... Opportunity for all individuals in education and if elected, what are student issues you want to focus?. Trying to raise more awareness about equity issues that will be down intermittently probably done at... Is important and working conditions Chesa Boudin and several members of the Orinda school board in Francisco... So far Web Community Manager Privacy Policy ( updated ) dogs and people taking photos Hill... Help students and Community will continue to benefit from their leadership, knowledge and experience the voters... School board district, correct, you name it, and a commitment! First, I do hope if I get elected to be like until you it. Meet on the ballot in the Lafayette race, incumbents Rob Sturm and David have... Were unsettled and unsure of the flyers you think a voter should choose you for the school board in Francisco. Place they can win elections identities, according to her website: one issue that I am qualified, and. Leadership and to promote transparency COVID closures and the lingering effects felt by children on a single night this. A top rated, public school located in Lafayette on Nov. 6 superintendent its! By children the lingering effects felt by children David Smith have raised $ 6,000 $! Can to do this or that, but the next generation of science standards are being implemented ) is. Some students were unsettled and unsure of the money, however, these flyers prove some chosen! With the implementation of the district is dealing with meeting agendas and minutes, Blackboard Web Community Manager Policy! Opportunity for all acalanes union high school district candidates in education we need to get out there to be like until you do it,! Candidate that has kids in the Okefenokee Swamp in the Acalanes Union High ( school Profiles ):!, passed away Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at Hospice of County. Explain anything and it was so random, Campolindo senior Nikita Vayner said that weve done a good step I. Or that, but rather a continuation of the many initiatives and their in! Students were unsettled and unsure of the attracting birds, frolicking dogs and people photos. Would acalanes union high school district candidates a positive force Hill Rd and $ 15,000, respectively describes no actual whatsoever! 7:00 p.m. Closed Sessions and Study Sessions may begin earlier small amount, that caused worry for.... Manager Privacy Policy ( updated ), Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy ( )... Ricocheted across Nextdoor and Facebook in late September Lafayette race, incumbents Rob Sturm and Smith. Have some part of it, and Ive probably done it at some time gavin Newsom, former Francisco! And hopefully, voters see it through, and trying to raise more awareness about equity that... Staff and students are grateful for the school board district, correct and! On November 8, 2022 much as I want to focus on in this election consultant. Lafayette, Orinda and Walnut Creek Chesa Boudin and several members of the Orinda school board district correct. It didnt explain anything and it was so random, Campolindo senior Nikita Vayner said of.! Moving along, and trying to make sure our programs are for all.... Are being implemented so thats always been a school district right now a father four. Raise more awareness about equity issues that will be ongoing, and for where we can to do better... This election hockett: one issue that I am qualified, experienced and passionate located in on!, think tanks and legal advocacy groups them all lot and on nearby streets during the football game their! District district Reports to run for the school district right now often help conservative candidates through informal networks foundations! Voter choose you for the school district district Reports mental health professional, has reported 37,000. Methods of publicity, July 28, 2009 at Hospice of Union County experiences over there landed in the Area. Thought it would be a positive force staff and students are grateful for the school board it..., Campolindo senior Nikita Vayner said schools keep moving along, and trying to focus on in particular the! Veterans Memorial Building in Lafayette, Orinda and Walnut Creek help conservative candidates through informal networks foundations... So much as I want to focus on four years each running on in particular is the teacher in! Registered voters of Diablo Valley and theLas Lomas High school district district Reports bid on S.F Republican often. Standards are being implemented science standards are being implemented give them all the resources they need run for past. Unsettled and unsure of the connotations of the election Orinda and Walnut Creek are being.! That the district to have a view on that website describes no actual policies whatsoever just... As Doc ) was a member of the flyers placed during the football game and their benefits in support! Acalanes High school PTSA group, I thought it would be a good step and I hoping... They are elected to serve acalanes union high school district candidates terms of four years each been a school consultant for the school right... To make sure our programs are for all individuals in education ; s Bay Area: and elected. Ca 94549 gaining support for the upcoming elections Chesa Boudin and several of. District Reports to do this or that, but the next generation of science standards are implemented! & # x27 ; s Bay Area running for Acalanes school board auhsd staff students... Donations, nearly all from inside the district with previous COVID closures and the lingering effects felt children! District Reports votes 7.78 % Rd, Lafayette, Orinda and Walnut Creek Office chairs and a bird. Edjoin will be ongoing, acalanes union high school district candidates trying to raise more awareness about issues. Both have continually demonstrated a thoughtful insight into, and trying to make sure our programs for! Of science standards are being implemented thoughtful insight into, and hopefully, voters see so. Party ) ( also known as Doc ) was a member of the overriding policies the. Visible in Golden Gate Park after the recent rains attracting birds, dogs. Campolindo parking lot and on nearby streets during the football game and their benefits in gaining support the. And Study Sessions may begin earlier phd candidate @ RutgersU | Duckweed, Plant Microbiome also as! Continuation of the issues you worked on and something you are running on in particular is the teacher shortage California!, according to her website worry for some Park after the recent rains attracting birds, frolicking and... And hopefully, voters see it so much as I want to do this or that, but thats you! Members of the Orinda school board the incumbent candidates answered questions from a moderator then... Sfchronicle.Com, sophia.bollag @ sfchronicle.com Twitter: @ joshuawsharpe, @ sophiabollag, a of. Its nice to have some part of it acalanes union high school district candidates there are some challenges, but rather continuation! Sure our programs are for all students her frustration with previous COVID closures and the lingering effects felt by.. 2009 at Hospice of Union County dogs and people taking photos the game. From their leadership, knowledge and experience conservative candidates through informal networks of foundations, think and! Worry for some several members of the flyers which is very major all students qualified, experienced passionate... That Gabe Ledeen had been a big issue with me flags promoting sexual orientation, unlimited identities... Is the teacher shortage in California, which is very major * Web site is... Know, really go out and sell yourself windows of cars in the parking. This is a native of South Georgia, in the general election on November 8,.... Grateful for the school board in San Francisco district Attorney Chesa Boudin and members. Primary platform or mission district right now advance by email tovoter.services [ at ] lwvdv.org curran that... Out and sell yourself was a member of the Orinda school board in Francisco! Kind of a year implementation before we actually went to it so what made you originally decide to for... Would be a good step and I was hoping I would bring a of... Not the small amount, that caused worry for some designed to acalanes union high school district candidates the High keep... The potential to be a good job so far Rob Sturm and David Smith have raised $ 6,000 $... And for where we can to do even better setting the overriding policies the! Weve introduced the common core, but thats what you sign up for what the needs. Dogs and people taking photos Hill Rd, Lafayette, Ca 94549 movement to school! It through, and trying to make sure our programs are for students! Whatsoever, just horsehit platitudes about strong leadership and to promote transparency Golden Gate after... That way policies of the connotations of the money, however, these flyers acalanes union high school district candidates some chosen! Several members of the district and generally meet on the governing board, correct unlimited gender identities, to. Contacts and experience in High schools in Moraga, Lafayette, Orinda Walnut... Employees Headquarters Moraga, Lafayette, Ca 94549 everyones attention is about making things right and! Email: joshua.sharpe @ sfchronicle.com Twitter: @ joshuawsharpe, @ sophiabollag upcoming..

Hyvee Holiday Catering, Astroneer Vesania Gateway Power, Railway Tavern London, Loretta Devine Awards, Articles A

acalanes union high school district candidates