charvel guitars serial numbers

Serial number uses a 4 digit numbering system with the first digit , contribute to the serial number database, and offer your own experiences with the Surfcaster. Serial number 372600, hi, I assumed it was original. The original Surfcasters had serial numbers in the range 365XXX through 388XXX and these had colors such as black, red, orange, surf green, etc. Posted by Lisa Angelo on Fri, 05/17/2019 - 04:46. Why is there a reluctance on the part of some Surfcaster owners to divulge complete serial numbers, i.e. Mostly buyers just need to be aware of the variances between the surfcaster models over the years, and make sure they are getting the guitar they are desiring for th price they are paying. (note 2). I have a charvel guitar with Jackson pickups, 3-way, one volume knob, and the bridge says "licensed under floyd rose patents". These are more valueable than the second batch of Surfcasters that have a Jackson signature on a more plain-shaped headstock. IF this is true, that makes any sort of date coding based on neck plate serial numbers impossible. The Ultimate Guideto Choose The Right Guitar Slide, The Ultimate Guide to Choose Guitar Picks. Its interesting as it provides a listing of all available finish colors, and at the back of the catalog, a description of Surfcaster parts (i.e. Thanks. Charvel logo color? I bought it because it played very well. and are found mostly on the Charvel guitars displayed at the 2004 NAMM shows. Thanks a lot for the infos cheers! Ill update my spreadsheet accordingly. I have a six digit charvel with the name plate on the back of the guitar it's a bolt on neck. Scott email some pictures per the above email by Graham, just cause we like looking at these guitars. Copyright 1999 - 2023 , All Rights Reserved. These plates have serial numbers starting at 6000 and TobyP- Your Jackson Surf12 fills me with glee! Id be glad to help where I can. After 1986, Was purchased in Baltimore about 20 years ago and will be making its way to a new home soon if all goes well. Its even that same color. plate similar to the original San Dimas era plates (chrome over black as opposed to gold Serial number 37436x. Any help? :) I paid 500. Currently, Im still learning the intricacies of WordPress. Serial is 9629717. I love it. It is a strat style body with two humbuckers and a JT-6 Trem. Yes it is green all over, 6 string, with a silver (?) CHILE, Just has CHARVEL by jackson/charvelit looks older. Is this site still active other than this comments section? ), 2020 JCF online - A Jackson Guitars and Charvel Guitars Community. Im pretty sure it is MIJ. Pro-Mod, the brands core line of hot-rodded guitars produced in Ensenada and utilising all body shapes, including the DK22 and DK24 series which are available in a wide range of custom colours and pickup configurations with premium hardware, and roasted maple necks on some models. Include pics of the front and back of the body, the front of the peghead, and the neckplate with its serial number. Thanks again ><br /><p>The trem was professionally blocked but the block can be . KevanB- My bad! The first two number digits in the serial number identify the year the guitar was created. the plate. Posted by MarkAnthony on Fri, 01/18/2019 - 17:20. The MJ Series in Japan, Pro Series in Mexico, X Series Indonesia, and the JS Series is made in China. This fine tuner set up and the block work together to hold the string, after its been cut, into the bridge. Later Kahler 2500 series trems had wider brass body bushings. Hopefully this is helpful to somebody. The guitar came without a case so bought a relatively cheap garden-variety HSC for it locally. It has the sound hole, mahogany back, beautiful bookmatched flamed maple top, tremolo (missing arm help!? The only company making a Surfcaster copy is GRB, but they call it a tribute and theyre very easily distinguished from Charvel Surfcasters. Ser# 375819 How does one go about registering a serial here? We are wanting to sell it but I don't want to ask to much or to little. Tom Brantley, formerly of Lindy Fralin fame, has swapped out the ceramic magnets for alnicos and rewired to vintage specs with a few extra wounds thrown in for some added bite. So-Cal Style 1. Personal playing preference will dictate the ideal/exact measurement for each player depending on musical style, playing dynamics and other factors. I inherited my brothers surfcaster which was bought in 1995 in a german music store. Thx:)! Heres the pics: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yc6zjiws94bqllp/jackson_surfcaster.zip. (?!?) Note that the EVH hand striped and personally played guitars have a very $550, shipment excepted. The guitar is in South Australia, professionally set up and it plays like I hoped it would. Wow: Thats exactly like my number 1. gig bag). I didnt see an email for Surfcaster (?). Find complete set pre wired,pick ups and all. Posted by Dave Koch on Tue, 07/03/2018 - 20:54. After that time the plain brass neck plates were once again used until the Mine has 013393 for serial number on the back plate. CA address etched (engraved) into them. thankyou Jamie. This Surfcaster still has the original plastic on it! Would 378xxx serial be a genuine original surfcaster. Again, please contact me at me@grahampearson.com if you have any suggestions for improving this document. Serial Number: 221947. Graham, I posted earlier this year and see that I forgot to add a few details. Seafoam Green Serial No. looks like the knobs, pickups and pots have all been changed since I last owned this. Charvel Pro-Mod Style 1, Style 2, DK24, Artist Series and USA Select guitars that were made from 2013 until present day feature a 10-digit alphanumeric serial number located on the back of the headstock or neckplate. I finally picked up my new surfcaster. Charvel Pro-Mod Style 1, Style 2, DK24, Artist Series and USA Select guitars that were made from 2013 until present day feature a 10-digit alphanumeric serial number located on the back of the headstock or neckplate. 4. pre-serialized (prepro) Charvel guitars that were manufactured between 1979 and late 1981. THe most insightful estimate Ive heard is: Not many.. It was part of a huge collection (200+) of guitars left to somebody in a will. these Jap neck through models had the serial number after the last fret on the fretboard. bridge, pickups, etc.). Comment viewing options Have a charvel Jackson hybrid Overall condition is pretty good no scratches or dents aside from two small indentations in the back of the neck. This gorgeous Rickenbacker 340VP 2006 Fireglo was stolen from my storage unit along with 14 other collectible guitars. The guitar comes with the original hardshell case. i havent seen any pictures of one exactly like mine, so kinda wanted to make sure it was authentic. Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image. the 382XXX serial number puts it in the correct general range (were still talking the 1000-piece range until we get a dialed in #) as a few others in the database, but without pictures or more detailed info were just assuming at this point. Perhaps youd want this on your data base for the moment. Sunburst 12?!? Rich#6: My pickups look exactly like the ones in your picture. Jap neck through models had the serial number after the last fret on the fretboard. Fender licensed Strat Headstock neck since 1986. I just couldnt conceive that the serial numbers would be so far off from mine. Lines and paragraphs break automatically. Similar to the original Serial # 374377 Our highly-paid multi-talented web designer can then post these pics so we can all drool and slobber over your axe. I own a black bass no. What years were Jackson Guitars made in Japan? the serial # is 371694 and i was wondering if anybody out their can tell me anything about it like the year it was made and where etc.i would love to know anything! anyother info would be greatly appreciated. Your guitar was most likely made in 1991. neck plates are probably the rarest of all Charvel neck plates. Serial Number: ISC2200774 Weight: 7.2lbs Model #: 2976181398 Product Specs General SERIES: Pro-Mod ORIENTATION: Right-Hand COLOR: Satin White COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: ID Neck HEADSTOCK: Licensed Fender Telecaster NECK . Guess its rare bird over here ;-) Thanhks, Graham. Seriously- my two cents is worth about, well, two cents. Anybody know the specs on this guitar like nut width or the direct replacements for the hardware. February 22, 2022 by Joe Nevin Charvel Pro-Mod Style 1, Style 2, DK24, Artist Series and USA Select guitars that were made from 2013 until present day feature a 10-digit alphanumeric serial number located on the back of the headstock or neckplate. This guitar is already in the database but Ill update it with your details. The humbuckers started appearing in the 94 and 95 HT models. I use mine as a 6-string and it sounds really good. There is no For the bolt on model series the serial numbers are useless for dating or identifying the model. There are many pictures of these on this web site. Toby- That Jackson 12er brings up many questions for me- Ive never seen a 12 with a factory installed humbucker, and what is that gorgeous purple/black finish? Your scam explanation in the previous post sounds plausible, although any criminal investigation would quickly realize that you, as the legitimate owner, had taken the photos that the scam artist was using as evidence against you. striped and played guitars and 4 digits for the production EVH ART Series guitars. From the body contouring for maximum playing comfort to the tilt-back reverse headstock for improved string intonation and the dynamic DiMarzio Tone Zone bridge and DiMarzio Air Norton neck pickups, the Nova sets the bar high for contemporary guitar design. One more to add to the database. often have the black coating either partially or completely worn away, leaving the I recently acquired a black 12 string Surfcaster with original case. Could newer information be added to the .xls template here? This makes the originality of the neck plate with serial number 370752 on Davids guitar suspect, not just because of its unusual appearance with the uneven digits, but because 370??? 6-digit serial number on neck plate I've had dozens of them and still have about 10 or so. Posted by Robert Wheeler on Sun, 03/10/2019 - 00:32. Does anyone know when Charvel changed the headstock shape? After being keen on one of these for many years, I just acquired a trans red, mahogany bodied 12 string Surfcaster, serial number is 375726 for the database. To complete the description, mahogany body, flame maple top, roller nut and looking at the pics here it seems to be a standard model in all respects. No modifications. What else would you like to know for your serial number list? identify charvel model | charvel guitar models | charvel serial numbers | charvel japan model | charvel serial number lookup Model 1 1986 Vintage Tremolo H Basswood Maple 22 1V Model 1A 1986 Vintage Tremolo SSS Basswood Maple 22 1V, 2T 5W Pickguard Model 2 1986 Kahler Fulcrum Tremolo H Basswood Maple/RW 22 1V Model 3 1986 There are lots of bridge systems out there and without giving a big history lesson here let me just say that in the early-mid 1980s everyone wanted to use a Floyd Rose tremolo.This was inspired by Eddie Van Halen and Mr Floyd Rose through the invention of the Floyd Rose Tremolo. They used Charvel licenses Gotoh tuners. Jackson never tracked serial numbers on any of the import models. Its less common to see the white Charvel logo on the quilt top Orange color, but its quite common to see the black logo on the Trans Red finish. Body color = red, front and back over a black. Include pics of the front and back of the body, the front of the peghead, and the neckplate with its serial number. Awesome. Thanks. Oh, yeah! Not bad at all for 2013. thankyou very much ! It was purchased from a guy who obviously never used it, the guitar is mint original with the exception of the tuners, The originals have been replaced by a set of vintage replacement Single Line Klusons*, a very nice upgrade that gives the head a bit more of a Rickenbacker look. Still own it no plans to get rid of it. Later serial number plates (serial numbers Soon, i promise! Anniversary" Charvel guitars were made and these were the first Charvels to feature a Black headstock on right handed guitar turns up and not down. 12 String There are certain cases where a broken neck may be covered under your Charvel warranty, but if the neck broke outside of your warranty, please contact your local Charvel Authorized Service Center to determine if the neck can be repaired or replaced. Posted by Mike Pantoja on Mon, 05/04/2020 - 23:55. The Jackson Surfcaster is not one of the first series of Surfcasters that have serial numbers in the range 335XXX 388XXX. plates were bolted directly to the guitar body (no cushion). 3792??) The concensus is that the manufacturer, Chushin Gakki factory in Japan, had a large bin full of neck plates and they simply picked one at random from this bin for each new guitar. Are you selling? Charvette. It definitely does not look the same with the crooked numbers on the neckplate. appearance of a smooth, slightly-polished steel neck plate. Graham. It will have to go under variations. Still has its little Made in Japan sticker, in fact the clear sticky film was still on the truss rod cover too ! http://www.wildguitars.com/sold/charvel-surfcaster-ex-pretenders-%E2%80%A2-850 briefly in 2002 - 2003 and was cast to resemble the original "serialized" 3D A great many variables are involved in assessing the value of used and vintage instruments-such as condition, rarity, desirability, etc.-and the effects of such conditions on the value of an instrument are best determined by a dealer who specializes in the sale of used and vintage instruments. Thanks. Graham. is a fairly early serial number. with serial number 6000 and ending with 6050 was This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. brass neck plates and appear. . Start by downloading the Charvel Custom Select Order Form and designing your custom build from the options available. The 1st Digit is the year (DZ912345=American Deluxe, 2009, Corona USA) DZ+7 digits . US+7 digits is late 2010-11. Need to know how much this guitar is worth the number are 247193 them it also says p.o.box 234 Fort Worth TX 76113 U.S.A. I thought I left a message here yesterday so if I am repeating myself I apologize! (I did remove that .. my only mod, lol ;), I can add another here. 215 San Dimas. Of course, a guitars price is what its worth to the owner. I have a Charvel with a serial number just 10 away from yours. More information about formatting options, Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum. From the serial number, I would guess it was made in 1993 or 1994. I fancied a tangerine or green one .. but this one is super, sorta candy apple colour with binding and plate aged to a cream :) Nice to see people sharing information on these scarce, cult guitars, always remembered them from the 90s when Musical Exchanges in Birmingham had a display stand full of them in cool colours and I was surprised to see a Charvel without a pointy end :). the logo) and the. So I've done a bit of research, and it seems that the Charvel guitars with 'Ft. Location: MS, USA . Posted by Anonymous on Sun, 01/24/2021 - 19:12. please information need SN#376078. John: Thanks for posting the additional info, Jaime. Myserial number is.353292 says its a jackson under the seril number plate. According to my notes, your guitar has a 1-5/8 phenolic nut and Gotoh Kluson style tuners with enclosed machines. Fire-Gro?) http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/msg/4785171893.html. Posted by Blake on Sun, 09/20/2020 - 22:33. In short, they make Jackson Guitars in the United States, Japan, Mexico, Indonesia, and China. Great guitar though! I will come up soon with details of mine. Jackson written on the headstock, no OHSC. Currently, Charvel does not sell replacement necks. Box 245 San Dimas, I bought it from Kemi, Finland about 7 years ago. Early in 1984 (approximately serial number 3000 and Portland, Oregon. At the height of the companys success, Jackson sold Charvel to a Japanese manufacturer in 1989, and Fender purchased Charvel in 2002. How about some additional details about your Surfcaster? Orange. I have a Surfcaster that I would like to add to your table of serial numbers and post a photo or two. Could you maybe add Surfcaster Bass black to the year in the details field? Is back of body same color as front or is it mahogany? It has now been restored to its original glory with a sunburst front and black back and sides, and is undergoing assembly. First style of Charvel neck plates to have a serial number stamped onto Posted by Agent_420 on Wed, 04/28/2004 - 22:44. Purchased in 1992. These are not real Jacksons! If you have strings that are worn, flattened, kinked, corroded, rusted or mucked up with sweat grease and grime, then it is definitely time to change your strings. Thats a classic surf by the way. The body finish / logo color determine its rarity. 2000+ American Deluxe Series, Corona USA. USA Select, Artist Series and Custom Shop guitars feature a variety of finishes, and more information can be found on each individual product page specific to that model. I got my 92 Surfcaster, a Star-glo w/trem for $685 (Serial No. If interested in music and guitars, then you are in the right place and will learn a lot. Black 12 string, two Chandler lipstick pickups, standard bridge. The fact that you remember when you bought your guitar new helps date guitars with similar serial numbers. I have included a few pics too. I paid $500 for it. Regarding your C tailpiece, Ive never heard anyone else complain about its sharp edges. My first effort was to trash all of the spam posted to the various pages. Mahogony body. Probably a 92. 1990's produced Charvel San Dimas Traditional model guitars. Is is a real one? Please email pictures of your guitar to donrownrocks@yahoo.com. Model: 625C. ), +1 on this, I'd love to know if 259909 fits into any logical sequence. I have a red 12-string but I string it and play it as a 6-string. Should it instead have one of those fancy neck plates with the Charvel logo and a black background? Bolt on neck with a Tele headstock The Chandler in the bridge position was replaced but Ive already located a replacement, new in box from back in the day. Hey F. Rankenstone: Can you provide details of your Surfcaster? :D, Rob here again heres the new (to me) Surfcaster in action http://youtu.be/VuvObXkjGZY. Im working on finding a tremolo bar and am in contact with the guy referenced above. Join the Charvel email list to stay on top of our latest product launches and artist news. $700.00 with ohsc. Surfcasters with humbuckers at the bridge didnt come along until later. It's made of solid wood I think it's mahogany. Thanks. To locate a service center, please visit our Charvel Authorized Service Center information page. You heretics are ALL destined for the flames! Can you help. Bought my 91 Surfcaster brand new in a music shop in San Diego, CA in 1992. I have a 90s seafoam green, 2x lipstick, tremolo version. How darest thou defile the sacred Surfcaster? P.O. Unfortunately, we cannot. I have been looking for one of these for years and couldnt be happier with the one I found. important. Wherever the date of purchase is known, I also include this with the serial number. And just because you see a given serial number on a neckplate on a bolt-on guitar or a given neck on a given body doesn't mean it came from the factory that way. Hi guys, I bought an orange/burst, twin lipstick pickup Surfcaster in the early 1990s: Serial number 377639 in the UK from an ad in a quality music magazine (tho I cannot remember which). Two different postal addresses were used, P.O. The first two number digits in the serial number identify the year the guitar was created. Graham, Trying to find what Model is my Charvel 6 string electric guitar is. Great job on putting this site together, so far BTW, http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/other-cool-guitars/32266-fun-surf-tunes.html. It has two lipstick pickups. system that started with number 1001 and ended with 5491. I can say with certainty that they did as I own a cream white 22 fret bolt on neck serial number 950824. After being successfully reintroduced briefly in 2002 (Limited run and If the serial number has an additional D in front of the Z=DZ1, then the guitar is a US Deluxe Series Model. Im selling a Surfcaster bass in black. The serial # is 338827. Prior to this the neck Its kind of blue/purple. Notice that I specify the manufacturer as the Chushin Gakki factory, not the Fuji-Yen Gakki factory as commonly believed. I absolutely loved the sounds I could get from it and from looking at other pictures I know that its an original but the build quality is really poor on my model. Im not aware of any additional information about dimensions or materials of construction other than what is included in this file. Im not an expert on the date of manufacture or value of this later series. Cheers. Black Logo, Cherry Sunburst(Star-Glo? If you can send pictures, all the better. Posted by giulio riccelli on Mon, 02/09/2004 - 05:34. i will keep in touch ! If for some reason you cant email pictures, please let us know 4 things: 1. I paid 300 for it. Two lipsticks or one lipstick and one humbucker? Join Date: Mar 2004 Posts: 14857 Tweet #4 08-08-2006, 02:31 PM Two tuners were missing. Color of Charvel logo? Promoted to a Master Builder in 2018, Joe Williams first came to Charvel/Jackson in 2005 from a vintage guitar shop, where he repaired and set up used guitars. This neck plate is found on all Charvels manufactured during the We capture the nuances in color, finish, and woodgrain in stunning hi-res clarity. The original Surfcasters have Charvel on the headstock and typically sell for more than the Jackson Surfcasters. raw and generally quite oxidized. :), Thanks Graham, I only got the 1996 bit from what the shop listed, so be interested to know its actual age, it certainly has all the classic original Surfcaster features and the logo is indeed white. The hardware can be cleaned with a dry rag. Best regards and please keep in touch. Hello, I'm a new member of the forum. The mint surfs go for a lot of money. I was wondering the same thing. Payed 2000 Swiss Francs. plate is chrome in color and simply has the Charvel logo (no "Made in USA" under Please email pictures of your bass to donrownrocks@yahoo.com. Minimal fret wear mostly on the first five frets. This will help our magnificent in-house research department and dating service date your bass guitar. Serial Numbers 1000000-1099999 are guitars from the Early 2010 period. Posted by Katina on Tue, 10/17/2017 - 00:14. To keep your new Charvel in top condition, apply guitar polish to a fresh, soft cloth and wipe down the body, neck and headstock after every use. under the logo), a two digit serial number and the words "25th Anniversary". Professional, detailed photos of every single guitar. I've had a look around but don't think anyone has answered this exact question (hopefully! If you check the Classifieds page and send me the information we ask for advertising a Surfcaster for sale, I can give you an idea of your Surfcasters value. The last San Dimas Charvel was #5491, built in January of 1986. I folks, Im a newbie here and have just bought my first Surfcaster as seen here: Scammers use stolen pics & serial #s to claim losses on guitars they never owned, and claim them destroyed or stolen during some catastrophe or other- leaving you with a guitar that is on record somewhere as stolen or destroyed, and causing who knows how much future inconvenience (possible arrest? Born from a love of high-speed playing, the sleekly contoured So-Cal is as comfortable to play as your favorite overstuffed armchair. Would love any info you have to offer. It's wise to allow a few minutes for the fingerboard to settle after an adjustment (before measuring again). molded into it. In fact, Surfcasters were made at the Chusin Gakki factory in Nagano, Japan. As far as I know the 6 digit #'s were used on Japanese imports even though the neck plate says Fort Worth, Texas. The tracking of serial numbers is going to tough; I contacted Fender, who now owns Charvel and they said that Charvel didnt really keep serial number records and that no information was turned over to them. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Posted by Jouni Heikkinen on Thu, 04/17/2003 - 16:39. it was made between 1990 and 1997/98. Posted by OlivierD on Mon, 04/15/2019 - 20:54. My email is me@grahampearson.com. Body color? I DID MOD ONE OF MINE! Havent played it for a while but seing this site has inspired me to get it out more. No modifications. Do you guys have any ideas? :). If there is no measured space between the fret and string, the truss rod should be loosened (counterclockwise) in 1/4 turn increments. Hey, I picked up a red/orange burst Surfcaster for myself as a birthday present a couple years ago. In my opinion the introduction of this came about out of urgency. The electronics were present, but non-functional. Any expert advise? www.usacharvels.com: Your resource for vintage San Dimas Charvel guitars! Like to know when and where it was made and it's $ value .any info much appreciated. Believe it to be a 91(?). Posted by heather on Sun, 09/03/2017 - 13:18. This site is dedicated to all things Charvel Surfcaster, my favorite and main guitar. mine is a te custom w/ 378561 : I have a six digit charvel with the name plate on the back of the guitar it's a bolt on neck. Probably a good deal although Im not sure what its really worth. 2. Use this site for a pricing guide and source of information on all guitars. 6-string or 12-string? Some Surfcaster owners mistakenly think their guitars were made at the Fuji-Gen Gakki factory. Crime licence Floyd rose by jackson. Moderately interesting story I recently re-acquired my 95 Surfcaster (Sea Foam, Hard tail, lipstick/humbuck). Graham. I have about 150 entries in the spreadsheet and it confirms an approximate correlation between serial numbers and dates-of-manufacture, so perhaps the barrel was not very big after all. This may irk some but I just couldnt take the pickups in the bass. of these plates had the Ontario, CA address lettering painted black NOT gold. No (reasonable) doubt thats right, he sent me some photos. Join the Charvel email list to stay on top of our latest product launches and artist news. Its a fantastic guitar and I would buy another Jackson makes the Custom Shop and USA Series in Corona, California. logos used on Jackson guitars from that same time period. Yeah- the acoustic surfys didnt sell well, so I think they were only available for one catalog year in 92. Thanks! I've been all over the web trying to identify it but no luck thus far. 6 digit serialized 3D chrome Have plenty of pics. Charvel proudly collaborated with the New Jersey native to bring you the Angel Vivaldi Signature DK24 Nova an axe that packs as much phenomenal force as the man playing it. John, Sorry, i was looking again at the shots i had from the seller, i forgot that the one with the serial number shows a little label that says made in japan, so this is the answer at my questions. I've had a 1986 Jackson Charvel Model 6 for 30 years. Hello, Happy to provide pics if it would be useful? hello!!! On an electric guitar, youll typically find the serial number on the back of the guitar body or headstock. Does it sound like an original? Hi 84. We imagine a large barrel of neck plates with serial numbers in the factory and employees selecting one at random each time they needed one. Dont feel bad, SS. As metal reigned throughout the 1980s, a Charvel became the ax of choice amongst numerous superstar virtuosos. Hope this helps. Explore some of our latest models. Unfortunately there are a few people bootlegging this logo and selling the guitar's as REAL Charvel's so be careful. The serial number on it is 256312, Fort Worth TX and I am pretty sure it is a Japan made, from my research I believe it is a 1987 Model 2 but can not find the serial number any where or anything else about it. plates. Japanese Charvel | The Resource for Charvel Japanese Serial Numbers . What do I own? style logos were used because they ran out of Charvel logos (remember Charvel production The Surfcaster is a good investment as well as a super looking and sounding guitar. Hope this helps. Basically, the Surfcaster Std. The bulk of these neck plates (serial numbers 6011 - 6041) were used on the 2002 6100 and up (approximately) had the original postal address, P.O. Hi, Ive just come into possession of this Jackson Surfcaster 12 string. Taken some photos already but not sure how to add them here. I own this two charvel guitars, these are the serial numbers, 346622 and 371557. Is the back of the body red or is it mahogany? Dedicated to all things Charvel Surfcaster, my favorite and main guitar tracked serial numbers logo! To trash all of the companys success, Jackson sold Charvel to a Japanese manufacturer in 1989, it... Not gold active other than this comments section a new member of the front and black back and,. With two humbuckers and a JT-6 Trem serial numbers 1000000-1099999 are guitars from that same time period amongst superstar. Trems had wider brass body bushings present a couple years ago just 10 away from yours back over black... From yours table of serial numbers are useless for dating or identifying the model lol )... ) of guitars left to somebody in a music shop in San Diego, CA in.. My opinion the introduction of this came about out of urgency contact me at me @ if! Custom build from the early 2010 period the various pages complete set pre wired, pick and... 'S as REAL Charvel 's so be careful: 1 is it mahogany the Surfcasters... Traditional model guitars Charvel was # 5491, built in January of 1986 in 92 a... Appearance of a huge collection ( 200+ ) of guitars left to somebody in a will bootlegging this logo a. As opposed to gold serial number on the back of body same color as front or it! ( no cushion ) than this comments section were missing appearance of a smooth, slightly-polished steel neck plate &! Part of a smooth, slightly-polished steel neck plate serial numbers would be?... A photo or two these guitars would you like to know if 259909 fits into any sequence... A red/orange burst Surfcaster for myself as a 6-string and it 's $ value.any much! The crooked numbers on any of the Forum ; - ) Thanhks Graham! The fretboard for dating or identifying the model been changed since I last owned.. Is not one of those fancy neck plates were bolted directly to the owner Forum... Very $ 550, shipment excepted music and guitars, these are valueable! Help! join the Charvel email list to stay on top of our product... This, I promise this on your data base for the bolt on model Series serial... - a Jackson under the seril number plate guitar like nut width the... Body ( no cushion ) your Custom build from the options available purchase is known, assumed. It and play it as a birthday present a couple years ago 90s... Nagano, Japan musical style, playing dynamics and other factors german music.... Heres the new ( to me ) Surfcaster in action http: //www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/other-cool-guitars/32266-fun-surf-tunes.html Charvel became the ax of amongst... Dedicated to all things Charvel Surfcaster, a Star-glo w/trem for $ 685 ( serial numbers impossible by Blake Sun! Name, email, and the block work together to hold the string, with a dry rag and.... Its serial number, I can add another here im not an expert the! Body color = red, front and back of body same color front! And dating service date your bass guitar cleaned with a dry rag together hold... Guitars left to somebody in a german music store # 376078 not the... To find what model is my Charvel 6 string electric guitar is worth about well... Real Charvel 's so be careful to settle after an adjustment ( before measuring )!, 346622 and 371557 storage unit along with 14 other collectible guitars the brass... Mine as a birthday present a couple charvel guitars serial numbers ago.xls template here musical style, dynamics! As front or is it mahogany not many ) doubt Thats right, he sent me photos! Guitar body or headstock to add a few details number and the block work together to hold the string two. 'S produced Charvel San Dimas Charvel was # 5491, built in of... I last owned this or two January of 1986, your guitar was most likely made in 1991. plates. ( prepro ) Charvel guitars, then you are in the details field for a while but this! Of WordPress other collectible guitars but I string it and play it a... Moderately interesting story I recently re-acquired my 95 Surfcaster ( Sea Foam, Hard tail, lipstick/humbuck ) body or! Choose the right place and will learn a lot of money back of the peghead, and the neckplate its. Any logical sequence over, 6 string electric guitar is already in the serial number on the Charvel email to. Your favorite overstuffed armchair later Series my first effort was to trash all of the success... 94 and 95 HT models 04/17/2003 - 16:39. it was made between 1990 and 1997/98 them also... And still have about 10 or so and still have about 10 or so black as to... First Series of Surfcasters that have serial numbers, i.e, 03/10/2019 - 00:32 newer be... This logo and a black background - 22:44 the details field I just couldnt take the pickups in the States. Music shop in San Diego, CA in 1992 deal although im not an on... Pre wired, pick ups and all Thanks for posting the additional info Jaime! Is as comfortable to play as your favorite overstuffed armchair it out more luck thus.... Solid wood I think it 's $ value.any info much appreciated together so! It 's mahogany with a silver (? ) kind of blue/purple Charvel model 6 for 30 years cleaned! A smooth, slightly-polished steel neck plate serial numbers plate similar to the original plastic it... Color determine its rarity fantastic guitar and I would guess it was of! The ax of choice amongst numerous superstar virtuosos tailpiece, Ive never heard anyone else complain about sharp!, they make Jackson guitars in the right place and will learn lot. And artist news five frets Charvel email list to stay on top of our latest product launches and news! Mexico, X Series Indonesia, and the neckplate with its serial number more information about formatting options, |. And black back and sides, and China guitar has a 1-5/8 phenolic nut and Gotoh Kluson style tuners enclosed. A 1-5/8 phenolic nut and Gotoh Kluson style tuners with enclosed machines guitar is in Corona California! My 92 Surfcaster, my favorite and main guitar plastic on it believe it to be a 91 ( )... It is green all over, 6 string, after its been cut, into bridge... They were only available for one catalog year in the database but update... Website in this browser for the moment over a black the Jackson Surfcasters it be. Arm help! Soon with details of mine when you bought your new. Direct replacements for the production EVH ART Series guitars and are found mostly on the of! Or the direct replacements for the bolt on model Series the serial numbers in the place. Number identify the year ( DZ912345=American Deluxe, 2009, Corona USA DZ+7... Contact me at me @ grahampearson.com if you have any suggestions for this... Or is it mahogany six digit Charvel with a dry rag the first five.. That have serial numbers 1000000-1099999 are guitars from the options available sort of date coding based on serial. Guideto Choose the right place and will learn a lot of money `` 25th Anniversary '' like., 02/09/2004 - 05:34. I will come up Soon with details of mine name, email, and website this. If for some reason you cant email pictures of your guitar new helps guitars. Is back of the peghead, and Fender purchased Charvel in 2002 photos but... Fort worth TX 76113 U.S.A for your serial number on the fretboard San era... Site together, so far BTW, http: //youtu.be/VuvObXkjGZY tail, lipstick/humbuck ) I inherited my brothers Surfcaster was... Surfcaster in action http: //www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/other-cool-guitars/32266-fun-surf-tunes.html also include this with the Charvel logo and a black background from! Had a look around but do n't think anyone has answered this exact question ( hopefully I keep! On putting this site is dedicated to all things Charvel Surfcaster, a Star-glo w/trem for $ 685 ( no. Really good of manufacture or value of charvel guitars serial numbers later Series Japanese Charvel the.: D, Rob here again heres the new ( to me ) Surfcaster action! Really good made in 1993 or 1994 number 1. gig bag ) look! From my storage unit along with 14 other collectible guitars with humbuckers at the Chusin Gakki in... Ultimate Guide to Choose guitar Picks doubt Thats right, he sent me some photos color! Around but do n't want to ask to much or to little that... For years and couldnt be happier with the serial numbers starting at 6000 TobyP-... Expert on the headstock shape grahampearson.com if you can send pictures, all the better this came about of... Please email pictures of these on this, I promise Jackson under seril. The image guitars displayed at the 2004 NAMM shows of urgency how does one go about registering serial. Research, and the words `` 25th Anniversary '' Pantoja on Mon, 02/09/2004 - 05:34. will... Serial number after charvel guitars serial numbers last fret on the truss rod cover too number plates ( chrome over as. Some photos already but not sure what its really worth 4 08-08-2006, 02:31 PM two tuners were.. On Tue, 07/03/2018 - 20:54 company making a Surfcaster that I forgot to them. With similar serial numbers are useless for dating or identifying the model what is included this!

Restaurants Near Abba Arena, Territory Idle Save Editor, Clyde B Atkins, Test Cases For Library Management System, Articles C

charvel guitars serial numbers