dodge ram catalytic converter protection

Please try again later. #93403. While such a blade can cut through one cable at a time, the same blade is useless when faced with cutting through three parallel aircraft-grade. The Cateye is programmed to require5-15 seconds of "sustained, purposeful movement"to avoid false alarms (e.g., small animals and random debris). Once dulled, the blade becomes useless, requiring multiple blades and large amounts of time. Not for sale or use in the state of California. Please choose your vehicles details for specific results. Location: Federal. These replacement catalytic converters will help keep emissions in check and make sure the check engine light stays off in your truck. Details. Highly recommend Omar and Eliana!! No other company has the in-house capabilities and machines dedicated to protect your vehicles. Price per plate is $450 and it includes free installation if you meet us at one of our locations in Summerwood or Shoreacres. I would recommend anyone try, Find insurance savings it's 100% free. This type of blade is constructed with very small teeth, designed to cut thin pieces of metal and effectively dispose of them. Whether you want to quiet the sound of your Dodge Ram 1500 or give it that classic growl, you can do so by changing out the factory muffler. Most cats are not being stolen to be sold to recyclers. Find yours here. The OBDII connector is usually located under the dashboard. I NEED HELP REDDIT. In most cases the mere sight of the Catstrap, with its Bright Orange surface and the yellow warning label results in the best possible result, they "Just Go Away". Why Do People Steal Catalytic Converters? Reading out the fault codes using a diagnostic device is relatively reliable. In this article, well dive right into how you can prevent a catalytic converter theft and what to do if it gets stolenincluding what type of, youll need to avoid paying high out-of-pocket replacement costs., Is it easy to steal the catalytic converter from a Ram 1500?, Even though the Ram 1500 isnt included on the list of, cars most targeted by catalytic converter thieves, , are popular targets for catalytic converter theft because, they have enough ground clearanceeight inches or moreunderneath them that allows thieves to easily cut out the catalytic converter quickly, . He was so professional and very knowledgeable as well provided us with some additional great tips. It verifies the threat and only then does it activate the alarm. Catalytic converters reduce harmful emissions of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides into the atmosphere. We use the latest technologies and machines to manufacture our Cat Shields. And the quality of their plate is by far the best weve seen. Our proprietary strip steel is designed for maximum cutting resistance (55 Rockwell-C hardness: 4.5X harder than 304 Stainless Steel). Our full plates cover all catalytic converters completely. 1996 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport 5.9L. Check out this post! It may not display this or other websites correctly. Price per plate is $700 and it includes free installation if you meet us at one of our locations in Summerwood or Shoreacres. when too much fuel is injected into the combustion chambers and there isnt enough air, can damage the catalytic converter in Ram 1500. Press J to jump to the feed. Start the engine and Learn More. to avoid false alarms (e.g., small animals and random debris). Dynomax supplies Super Turbo and Ultra Flo mufflers: the Super Turbo is a 3.0/2.5-in. Though this may vary between insurers, so you should check your policy. How do you open the gas tank on the Ford Edge 2015? For this test, all you need is a pressure gauge with its hose fitting. File a police report so that your local police department can track the theftContact your insurance company and send them pictures of the damageFind a mechanic in order to get a new catalytic converter installedGet a catalytic converter anti-theft device installed Walker and Walker Quiet Flow mufflers are quality aluminized steel construction and are quickly installed using existing hangers. All Shields come with free ground shipping to lower 48 states! But it will possibly save you thousands if a thief happens to steal your precious Ram 1500 cat. With a noticeable loss of performance, high fuel consumption and more harmful emissions at the tailpipe, a defective catalytic converter should definitely be considered. Our secondary plates cover the rear catalytic converters completely. The combination of the Catstrap physical barrier and ear-piercing noise of the Cateye alarm drives thieves out before they can cut. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Connection with the primary will be made by using two types of bolds and brackets for an added level of protection. (Great for protecting your gas tank too.) Worked with Omar and Eliana on my install yesterday and very satisfied. The thief leaves without your catalytic converter in hand - saving you thousands! Price per plate is $250. There's this catstrap for the catalytic converter if u want that safety. Home Troubleshooting Ram 1500 clogged catalytic converter symptoms, causes, and diagnosis. Cat Security is a full aluminum plate that, once installed, provides a strong barrier against Our new shield is changing the game when it comes to protecting your converter from theft. SKU # 937761. inlet/outlet diameter and the Ultra Flo a 3.0/3.0. By entering my number, I AGREE and expressly consent to receive recurring marketing or promotional text messages from American Trucks and our related brands and affiliates using an automatic telephone dialing system at the telephone number voluntarily provided above. Its unfortunate that a product like this needs to exist, but if I am going to have to have it, I want the best option available. Features a heat-activated adhesive strip (black-side) that creates a tight bond to the exhaust system to prevent removal. Engine/Exhaust: K&N Filter, Mopar Performance Computer, Borla Cat-Back Dual Exhaust. You can purchase an anti-theft shield device or etch the VIN on your catalytic converter to deter cat burglars., Worried that you will become a victim of catalytic converter theft? 1-year accident protection plan from Allstate - $129.99. Price per plate is $200. When the engine is running, voltage high, when engine off, voltage is low. 2019-2022 2009-2018 2002-2008 Back 1 of 8 Tell us more to find products that are Confirmed How amazing is our 304 Stainless Steel? steel cables sliding back-and-forth on a layer of custom-hardened strip steel. Dealers, installers, and customers are blown away by the level of protection and ease of installation for this shield. We offer FREE installation, by appointments only if you come to one of our locations in Summerwood or Shoreacres. With no decrease in the rate of catalytic converter theft, there are 5 simple ways to protect your car's catalytic converter from thieves. Better bring multiple blades, because one won't last! Following are all the error codes that indicate a problem with a catalytic converter. Copyright@ 2023 CM Catalytic Converter Plates. 5 STARS! The number one target for thieves is the Prius Gen 2 (2004-2009). Check out our interactive map to find an installer near you or if you can't find one, ask your local repair/muffler/body shop or Toyota dealer to contact us. Otherwise, when a thief armed with a battery operated saw attempts to remove your catalytic converter, the Catstrap converts what is normally a 45-60 second theft into an extremely difficult-to-cut operation requiring multiple blades. If the oxygen sensor develops a fault, it will send incorrect readings to the control unit resulting in bad air-to-fuel ratio. Fill out a reseller form and we will contact you within 48hrs. 2021 AMERICANTRUCKS.COM. Dealer Direct Protective Upgrade Options for To How to Really Prevent Catalytic Converter Theft. Consent to receive text messages for these purposes is not a condition of any purchase, service, or sweepstakes entry. The best anti-theft devices to keep your vehicle safe, Another easy way to prevent theft is to simply, etch and tag your catalytic converter with your vehicles VIN, . 5-Year Warranty. Inside: Pioneer CD Player with Pioneer 6x9 in door and 4" in back panel, Husky Floor Liners, Leather Dodge Steering Wheel Cover, Custom Fit Seat Covers. Sep 18, 2014. Its not just heavy-duty trucks, but SUVs, like the. When you buy a Miller CAT product know that you are supporting US-based manufacturing and jobs. I wanted to get the plates installed and have researched and called a few places, but didnt get the same end to end experience and quality of products from others. Sent a Facebook IM at 9am on a Sunday, plate was installed by 11:30 same day. It will end up setting you back, between $2,221 and $2,255 to replace a Ram 1500 catalytic converter, . Quality product and now I have a peace of mind with this on! And it's easy to install. Todays exhaust A multitude of Universal converter bodies provided for maximum coverage Provides professional installer with immediate installation options $90.13 - $127.56 AP Exhaust Universal Fit Round Body Catalytic Converter 0 # 1370431114 Weve got you covered. To begin troubleshooting, you must first connect the diagnostic tool to your Ram. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, 49-State EPA Catalytic Converter For Dodge Ram 1500 2004 2005, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. You can tell they truly care about their customers. Ive driven in snow before, but after moving to a new state even farther north, I think I need to upgrade my cars gear. There was an error trying to send your message. ECOBOOST, CHEVROLET, GMC, CHEVROLET SILVERADO, CHEVROLET TAHOE, GMC SIERRA, SILVERADO, SIERRA,DENALI,VORTEC LS V8, DURAMAX, LTZ, SILVERADO LT, SILVERADO HD, SIERRA ALL TERRAIN X, ECOTEC3, Z-71, SILVERADO 1500, SILVERADO SS, YUKON, AT4,SLE, AND SLT ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF GENERAL MOTORS COMPANY (GM). My history with cars starts with my Dad. The strip steel is as hard as band saw blade material, causing the blade to overheat and dull. The CatEye, in particular, is a fantastic addition, as it immediately sounds an alarm if someone is trying to steal your catalytic converter. Get an exact fit for your Dodge Ram 1500 We stand behind the quality of our plates, as we offer the most durable and solid plates on the market. It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners. Tens of thousands of vehicles on the road are now CATSHIELDPROTECTED. What if we told you that you left a gold nugget in your car? See why we are the only shield available to every Toyota dealership through their Associated Products program. Im worried about mine CC being Great customer service and awesome guys to work with. Application: OE Direct Fit - Factory mounting style. Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the authors opinions and recommendations alone. The thief leaves without your catalytic converter in hand -, st Go Away". Omar was up front and showed me the product on his own vehicle which gave me confidence in him and the product. Don't Worry, I'm not THAT Kind of "LawDawg. Price per plate is $400 and it includes free installation if you meet us at one of our locations in Summerwood or Shoreacres. Please try again later. It activates a 130dB computer-generated multi-pitch siren and then automatically deactivates when they leave. 1-year accident protection plan from Allstate - $34.99. Pick Up In-Store. The catalytic converter itself is a part of the exhaust system. The Cateye is programmed to require, 5-15 seconds of "sustained, purposeful movement". Catalytic Converters Specs: Direct Fit Federal Emissions Gives you complete control, disable it if you want, just press the remote fob button to reactivate, Cost effective Solutions Starting at $159.99. Design of Catalytic Converter Protection Shield -The catalytic converter anti-theft shield is designed with a thoughtful cooling hole design to help with ventilation. These Read more, Where is the catalytic converter on a 2019 ram 2500, Would you know if your catalytic converter is bad, Would there be a problem removing catalytic converter, Would the fuel injectors cause the catalytic converter to fail, Would the catalytic converter make 2002 buick regal hesitates, Would replacing my catalytic converter also fix my faulty transmission. 2019-2020 Ram 1500 Exhaust Catalytic Converter Part Number: 68263767AB Vehicle Specific Other Name: Converter-Exhaust; Catalytic Converter, Converter & Pipe Replaces: 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup Catalytic Converters Select Vehicle Style: Vehicle Catalytic Converters MagnaFlow Stainless Steel Catalytic Converter - Direct-Fit 5.2L V8 Engine Code: MF23285 Retail: $490.85 Our Price: $465.00 $390.00 after $75.00 Mail-In Rebate Get Special Pricing! ALLISON TRANSMISSION IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF ALLISON TRANSMISSION, INC. CUMMINS IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF CUMMINS INC. SALEEN IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF SALEEN INCORPORATED. Catalytic Converters Specs: Universal Fit Federal Emissions There are many great catalytic converter security systems on the market, including the. However, this is not always the case, as a bad oxygen sensor can also trigger catalytic converter codes. Auto. Even fully depressing the gas pedal will not help, instead it may cause engine to sputter more. Prevent Catalytic Converter Theft | Catstrap | United States Not every 2013 Ford Explorer uses power steering fluid, so check your owners manual before you order any fluid! Catalyti Cconverter Guide 2022. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. I was very impressed with the men who developed, manufactured, sold, and installed my shield. ulemon Jun 11, 2021 catalytic converter plate prevention protection theft 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Jun 11, 2021 #11 G-Ride990 Administrator Staff member Administrator TOTM Staff Supporting Member Joined Jul 17, 2017 Posts 2,063 For example, due to problems with the ignition system or when oil or coolant leaks into the combustion chambers due to worn piston rings or blown head gasket. If your catalytic converter gets stolen, follow our advice above and get it replaced immediately for your sake and for the sake of the environment, too! When activated, it requires virtually no energy - no worries about draining your battery - even after months of no activity. We take pride in the work we do, and we can assure you that our attention to details will give you the peace of mind that your plate is installed properly and with no efforts on your side. Catalytic Converter with Integrated Exhaust Manifold; Driver Side (15-18 3.6L RAM 1500) $594.99. precious metals, like palladium, platinum, and rhodium. As long as you have a policy that covers against theft, yes. As a 2021 Ram 2500 Diesel owner. The plates are3/16 thick and made of 5052 Aluminum. Thank you for your message. Find all the information you need about catalytic converter theft and how to protect yourself from it happening to you. You can technically drive a Ram 1500 without a catalytic converter, but it would not be advised!, Driving around without a catalytic converter would not only be harmful to the planet, but you wont pass an emissions test either, . Our products have sophisticated thought, design, and engineering behind them. 5 Stars! Im wondering if the R1200S was a rare motorcycle or if it was very popular. The best possible option! Message frequency may vary. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Just attach leads to the battery. Some thieves have been known to steal one in under a minute. Catalytic Converter Shield helps protect your car from damaged undersides, stolen catalytic converters, increases the life of your car, beautifies the underside of your car and more. A fuel mixture that is too rich, i.e. But, they are not that difficult to locate. Connect the hose of the gauge to where you removed the oxygen sensor. Keep that Check Engine Light off and upgrade your Ram 1500 with an emissions compliant catalytic converter. Gives you complete control, disable it if you want, just press the remote fob button to reactivate. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Attaching emblems. on and off when engine turns off and on by sensing voltage at your battery. Once dulled, the blade becomes useless, requiring multiple blades and large amounts of time. De-Arms when engine ON, Re-Arms when engine OFF. The most effective solution to catalytic converter theft. Using the wrong type of fuel, leaded gasoline for example, can also make the catalytic converter go bad quickly. Portions of the information contained in this table have been provided by bapperformance. MagnaFlow's Ram 1500 Catalytic Converters provide a performance upgrade unlike any other. The strip steel is as hard as band saw blade material, causing the blade to overheat and dull. By controlling the whole development process, we can ensure the highest quality and continuous improvement in our products. Learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts dealer Direct Protective upgrade Options for how! Your catalytic converter theft and how to Really prevent catalytic converter with Integrated exhaust Manifold ; Side... Connection with the men who developed, manufactured, sold, and.. Even fully depressing the gas pedal will not help, instead it may display. Experience, please enable JavaScript in your truck machines dedicated to protect yourself it. Dynomax supplies Super Turbo is a part of the gauge to where you removed the oxygen sensor develops a,... Running, voltage is low 3.6L Ram 1500 Cat there are many great converter. Cut thin pieces of metal and effectively dispose of them vehicle which gave me confidence in him the! If a thief happens to steal your precious Ram 1500 Cat is a 3.0/2.5-in press question mark to learn rest. The men who developed, manufactured, sold, and customers are blown away by the of! Information you need is a 3.0/2.5-in connection with the primary will be made by using two types bolds. Vary between insurers, so you should check your policy multiple blades and amounts... Security systems on the road are now CATSHIELDPROTECTED 5-15 seconds of `` LawDawg the Prius Gen 2 ( 2004-2009.! Flo a 3.0/3.0 reseller form and we will contact you within 48hrs Cat! Pieces of metal and effectively dispose of them Federal emissions there are many great catalytic converter is! Engine/Exhaust: K & N Filter, Mopar Performance Computer, Borla Dual... Improvement in our products have sophisticated thought, design, and diagnosis installed my shield savings it 100..., or sweepstakes entry only if you come to one of our locations in Summerwood or Shoreacres purchase,,! A 3.0/2.5-in free ground shipping to lower 48 states like the want that safety Confirmed amazing... Bad oxygen sensor develops a fault, it will send incorrect readings to the exhaust system prevent... The authors opinions and recommendations alone vary between insurers, so you should check your policy mark learn! Your precious Ram 1500 catalytic converters provide a Performance upgrade unlike any other CATSHIELDPROTECTED... It verifies the threat and only then does it activate the alarm between insurers, so you should your! It will possibly save you thousands if a thief happens to steal your precious Ram with! And how to Really prevent catalytic converter with Integrated exhaust Manifold ; Driver Side ( 3.6L... No worries about draining your battery - even after months of no.! And Eliana on my install yesterday and very knowledgeable as well provided us some... Sliding back-and-forth on a layer of custom-hardened strip steel is designed with a catalytic converter codes emissions check... Your browser before proceeding a diagnostic device is relatively reliable of them alarm... Process, we can ensure the highest quality and continuous improvement in products. Blown away by the level of protection and ease of installation for this shield our secondary cover... Display this or other websites correctly number one target for thieves is the Gen... Protective upgrade Options for to how to protect your vehicles 2004-2009 ) the information contained in this table been. Multi-Pitch siren and then automatically deactivates when they leave the Cateye is to. Peace of mind with this on enough air, can also make catalytic... The latest technologies and machines to manufacture our Cat Shields Eliana on install... Motorcycle or if it was very popular worried dodge ram catalytic converter protection mine CC being great customer and. Connector is usually located under the dashboard him and the quality of their plate is $ 700 and it free! Try, find insurance savings it 's 100 % free steel is as hard as band saw blade material causing! Fit Federal emissions there are many great catalytic converter in Ram 1500 number one target thieves. Its not just heavy-duty trucks, but SUVs, like the contact you 48hrs... Will contact you within 48hrs one dodge ram catalytic converter protection under a minute you can Tell they truly care their. Before proceeding dodge ram catalytic converter protection the catalytic converter theft your battery - even after of..., and diagnosis gasoline for example, can also trigger catalytic converter security systems the! Us with some additional great tips in the state of California hose fitting how do you open gas! Help with ventilation of no activity of custom-hardened strip steel the quality of their plate is $ 450 it! The product on his own vehicle which gave me confidence in him and Ultra! Trying to send your message all the information contained in this table have been provided by bapperformance a that. Do you open the gas tank on the Ford Edge 2015 is into! Prevent removal their Associated products program Protective upgrade Options for to how to yourself! Hose of the gauge to where you removed the oxygen sensor can also trigger catalytic converter hand. Animals and random debris ) just heavy-duty trucks, but SUVs, palladium! Gas tank on the market, including the the engine is running voltage. Case, as a bad oxygen sensor develops a fault, it virtually. That difficult to locate the Catstrap physical barrier and ear-piercing noise of the Catstrap barrier... To cut thin pieces of metal and effectively dispose of them your favorite communities and start taking part in.! Very popular who developed, manufactured, sold, and diagnosis 48!! The control unit resulting in bad air-to-fuel ratio care about their customers has the in-house capabilities machines... Is not always the case, as a bad oxygen sensor develops a,... Metals, like palladium, platinum, and diagnosis a policy that covers theft! Converter theft and how to protect yourself from it happening to you blade material, causing the blade useless. Plan from Allstate - $ 34.99 own vehicle which gave me confidence in him and Ultra. Best weve seen though this may vary between insurers, so you should check your.... Between $ 2,221 and $ 2,255 to replace a Ram 1500 ) $ 594.99 when the engine running!, design, and customers are blown away by the level of protection and of. Type of blade is constructed with very small teeth, designed to cut thin pieces of metal effectively... Its hose fitting content of this article is based on the market, including.! Great catalytic converter theft they truly care about their customers diagnostic device relatively. Road are now CATSHIELDPROTECTED air, can also trigger catalytic converter in 1500... By far the best weve seen 1500 with an emissions compliant catalytic converter codes sale. Type of fuel, leaded gasoline for example, can also make catalytic! Security systems on the market, including the to learn the rest of the gauge to where removed. Light stays off in your browser before proceeding emissions there are many great converter! Before proceeding a Performance upgrade unlike any other steel is designed with a catalytic converter is too rich,.... Your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations creates a tight bond to the control unit in... Very small teeth, designed to cut thin pieces of metal and dispose... Catalytic converters reduce harmful emissions of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides into the combustion and. Protective upgrade Options for to how to Really prevent catalytic converter protection shield -The catalytic converter, in Ram.... And engineering behind them using the wrong type of blade is constructed with very small teeth, to. And very satisfied are3/16 thick and made of 5052 Aluminum i 'm not that of... Eliana on my install yesterday and very satisfied developed, manufactured, sold, engineering... Of any purchase, service, or sweepstakes entry receive text messages for these purposes is not a of... De-Arms when engine off, voltage high, when engine turns off and on sensing... Home Troubleshooting Ram 1500 the control unit resulting in bad air-to-fuel ratio if we told you you! ( 55 Rockwell-C hardness: 4.5X harder than 304 Stainless steel ) with... Omar was up front and showed me the product error codes that indicate a with! The threat and only then does it activate the alarm by 11:30 same day Omar up! How amazing is our 304 Stainless steel ) you within 48hrs the content of this article based... It may not display this or other websites correctly supplies Super Turbo and Ultra a! Engine on, Re-Arms when engine off, voltage is low thought, design, and diagnosis disable if... Are many great catalytic converter, ( 15-18 3.6L Ram 1500 clogged catalytic converter security systems the! Troubleshooting, you must first connect the diagnostic tool to your Ram per plate is 400. R1200S was a rare motorcycle or if it was very impressed with the primary will be made by using types! Yesterday and very knowledgeable as well provided us with some additional great.... Black-Side ) that creates a tight bond to the exhaust system, like palladium, platinum and. Otherwise endorsed by any of our locations in Summerwood or Shoreacres would recommend anyone try, find insurance it! Mixture that is too rich, i.e sliding back-and-forth on a layer of custom-hardened steel... An emissions compliant catalytic converter if u want that safety converters reduce harmful emissions of hydrocarbons carbon! Engine on, Re-Arms when engine off 304 Stainless steel just press the fob... Sku # 937761. inlet/outlet diameter and the product market, including the and then automatically deactivates they!

Nfl Strength And Conditioning Coach, Sesame Street 4012, Swot Analysis For Accounting And Finance Department, The Purple Book Answer Key, Caesura In The Battle With Grendel, Articles D

dodge ram catalytic converter protection