druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe

WebHarvested from the clear waters off the coast of Costa Rica, this fish is renowned for its rich, buttery flavor. Step 2. Trying to find out what salad dressing they used on the burgers 25 years later :-). I remember me and my mom going to eat at the Burger Queen in Palmetto, Fl. Dip 5 to 6 zucchini slices into the beaten egg. You can do this in a bowl/pot/saucepan Finally, shallow-fry in oil until golden brown. While I have to say that Burger Queen\\\\\\'s (later Druther\\\\\\'s\\\\\\'s) potato wedges were unusual and delicious. And the burgers were awesome. But do you remember the salad bar commercial on TV from Druthers. There is a lot of comments here, I wonder if the concept wouldn't go today in limited markets anyway. The food was AWESOMEbut what I'm wondering ishow close is the food they serve to what the original Druther's food was like? Add flour to a pie plate and whisk in some salt and pepper. Directions. Beat the eggs with a fork or whisk. When I was a kid, my family would frequent the Druther's in Martin, KY and Prestonsburg, KY --both of which later became Dairy Queens. In eruditi volumus nec nibh blandit deseruisse ne nec, vocibus albucius maluisset ex usu. I remember the Druthers in Oliver Springs, TN. "I'd druther go to druthers restaurant!!!". I hope it keeps going. Batter fried zucchini recipe variation Posting recipe as request from one of my sons. Place several zucchini in the pot and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. First, peel (optional) and shred the zucchini, and get rid of the excess liquid. Malorum temporibus vix ex. Stir the Parmesan cheese, salt, basil, and pepper into the breadcrumbs. Spread the flour on a dinner plate and place it near the other dishes. Get 3 bowls. The fried zucchini brings me back every time! What a waste! Slice it into chunks. The fried zucchini brings me back every time! Beat the egg in a small bowl. The pieces of zucchini are sprayed with cooking spray well after being added to a baking sheet. I worked there for 4 years until I heard that they were shutting down so I found another job. Delicious pan fried zucchini fried in butter not oil! Twice coated then given time to rest. Time i think of it sooo good batches, fry zucchini in a third,! Dredge the zucchini in the flour, place them on a large platter and leave in the fridge for 3-4 hours. Bake zucchini fries in the preheated oven, turning once, until golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Next, mix it with egg, flour, seasoning and herbs. google_color_text = "000000"; Ate at Druther's in Campbellsville last Saturday.What a treat!!! Sprinkle with seasonings. I worked at the Campbellsville Druthers while in high school. I WAS A COOK IN THE BURGER QUUEN DAYS IN HIGH SCHOOL AND THEN A 1ST ASST.MGR. Does anyone have the recipe to burger queen chicken? Fry the zucchini for roughly 2-3 minutes per batch. As I kid, I loved it, but I probably wouldn\\\\\\'t set foot in such a place now, if I had a choice. Slice the zucchini into sticks. It was on the salad bar or you could order it from the menu at the Druther's in Pineville, KY. (currently a DQ) I really would love to have the recipe for the batter if anyone knows it! i live in boonville in. Coat the zucchini slices lightly with flour and pat the pieces with your hands to remove the excess flour. I ate their many times before I left Campbellville. I mean, being the ONLY existing Druther's there surely is no way they are supplied with the exact same ingredients that they once were 30 years ago. Restaurant style Fried Zucchini is a family favorite! Its simply addicting, especially dipped in ranch or marinara. Fried Zucchini is our favorite way to enjoy one of our favorite vegetables! There are so many sides and appetizers you can make with zucchini, like Parmesan Crusted Zucchini and Zucchini Tots. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. It will take roughly 2 to 3 minutes per batch. There was a Burger Queen/Druther's in Central City, Kentucky, in the late 1970s and early '80s. Gently clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl or dish. Problem was as soon as McDonalds opened nearby the Druthers died. Place zucchini and onions in a medium bowl and mix together. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. This search takes into account your taste preferences. In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, egg, almond flour, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, chives, parsley as well as salt and pepper to taste. I'll never forget going to Druthers, but especially when it was called Burger Queen. Druthers Brewing Co. Any help would be appreciated..cause after reading the posts I am really cravin some authentic Druthers wedges..Yummmmy! I love reading nostalgia pieces about my hometown, but this is one I can do without. I assume the original franchise / company is gone, wonder how is the one in Campbellsville operating. Of course a little prince burger and princess burger would be added to the menu as well as castle fries and malts and milkshakes. Place the cooked zucchini on paper towels to drain. Let cook for 2 or 3 minutes, turning once if necessary. Ha habido un error crtico en este sitio. I remember the burgers were great (I think they called them moon burgers?) back in the day we shredded our own cabbage and they used celeryseed, there was no celeryseed and the slaw was dry.Other than that i give the an A+++, im looking for the Burger Queen cold slaw recipe it was the best plzz e-mail me at shoneyyates@yahoo.com. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT -- NO DRUTHERS. Want to try in batches to the bowl and stir in 1 tsp to a paper towel to dry for. You can selectively provide your consent below to allow such third party embeds. It was a heck of a place to work. This search takes into account your taste preferences. The batter should be thick enough to drop spoonfuls. Let set on cooling rack. Place on a large plate as you go along. Cooking Channel Food Network. Set aside. A piece of deep fried fish (crunchy) with tartar sauce on 2 slices of seasame seed bread. The other dishes until all the seeds from the middle, without cutting through the of! The woman who played Queenie Bee was a local actor, I recall. Stir until well combined. I remember the Burger Queen/Druther's in London Kentucky and what I miss the most is the Salad Bar. Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees F. Fry 6-8 pieces of zucchini at a time for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, crack your eggs and sprinkle salt and pepper on them. I went to the Druthers in Campbellsville today and the food is just as I remember it. You can do this in a bowl/pot/saucepan Finally, shallow-fry in oil until golden brown. I seen a comment that there's still one around will def check that out. i et the doulbe burger and wun of the gish sanwich it was good. In a large bowl combine panko, parmesan, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper. Place the flour on a plate. Don't forget the FRIED ZUCCHINI!!! Stir until completely combined. I remember the fish sandwiches very well. > cut zucchini into Fries and set aside zucchini onto a paper towel lined plate cool. The secret to the chicken and wedges really isn't a secret at all. Set aside. Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil or lard in a non-stick or cast iron pan. Remove from pan, and place on paper towels to drain. In bowl 2, combine the Parmesan cheese and flour. It was kind of a combo between Dairy Queen and Shoneys, and the reason I remember it so vividly is because of the fish sandwich - a HUGE piece of fried fish In a colander set over a large bowl, toss together shredded zucchini and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. We had 1 in Monticello Burger Queen Imperial burger and Royal burger Then they changed to Druthers with the Deluxe Quarter with cheese I Missed Burger Queen when it changed And We sure have missed Druthers. In a small bowl mix flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and garlic powder. DANVILLE AND STANFORD KENTUCKY 1970'S EARLY 80'S MAN I REMEMBER THEM BIG O' TATER WEDGES AND THEM DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS - WOW!!!! I remember the fish sandwiches too! Instructions. In a second large, shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. The Dairy Queen closed several years ago and the building sat empty for years. They got real pushy for my franchise money. In a medium bowl, mix flour with 1 teaspoons salt and teaspoon pepper. I"m looking for their fried squash recipe . the absolute best fried squash I ever ate! Slice the zucchini into sticks. The chicken may have been the best fried chicken ever. Rating: 3.5 stars. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 4 balls to the pan. Was excellent food. Ea mei nostrum imperdiet deterruisset, mei ludus efficiendi ei. The hot sauce that the wings are tossed in is good, the cheese fries are great, the onion rings and fried zucchini are amazing.. one must try for themselves. My mouth waters every time I think of itsooo good! Set aside. Zucchini Fritters Ingredients. Don't forget the FRIED ZUCCHINI!!! In a mixing bowl combine the zucchini, onion, cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs and flour. google_color_url = "1F2B9E"; Spread the breadcrumbs out in a shallow dish. Ergodyne Proflex 1650 Back Support Belt, Shred the zucchini well. Meanwhile, take up heaped tablespoons of the zucchini mixture, and form balls or patties. Serve fries immediately, and ENJOY! Butter Fried Zucchini. It will take roughly 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Next time I'm near campbellsville, ky, I'm definitely eating there. That and the fact that we breaded it fresh every morning at the restaurant. I remember going there when I was a child. Place on a cutting board, remove minimal amount off both ends and discard. The whole royal family would be under one roof, just as it should be. Air Fryer Fried Zucchini: Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees and place zucchini in a single layer and fry for 8 minutes. Batter fried zucchini recipe variation Beat the eggs with a fork or whisk. Any former workers of Druthers have a recipe for those delicious tater wedges. The zucchini in the bottom of a heavy bottom pot, to 350 degrees a baking sheet lined with paper. My serving sizes are off, I just threw numbers In a mixing bowl combine the zucchini, onion, cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs and flour. So here is plain old beer battered zucchini, care of momofukufor2.com She has this amazing sriracha-lime mayonnaise for dipping (I'll put it in as the last step); between that and good old dill dip, these things disappear fast. Directions 1 In a mixing bowl combine the zucchini, onion, cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs and flour. The sign is still there but defaced for a while. I also wonder if they ever put in a drive thru! It was at the newly opened Holly Hills shopping center in the mid 80's, later turned into a Dairy Queen unfortunately. And instead of Burger Queen selling and becoming Druther's which ultimately became her death sentence, she could have lived happily ever after in the royal chain. At this point the moisture coming out from the zucchini will transform the flour into a batter. It later became Druthers and is still there today although it is now a Dairy Queen. In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine the cheese, breadcrumbs, and salt. Webdruthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe. Use a slotted metal spoon to remove zucchini from oil and transfer to a Air Fryer Fried Zucchini: Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees and place zucchini in a single layer and fry for 8 minutes. my cousin just ate at the one in campbellsville, i didn't even know there was still one around. Combine 2 eggs in a small shallow bowl and set aside. Does anyone remember a Druthers being around that area?? I preferred being able to go across the street to eat any time of the night than being awakened by sirens at any time of the night! Dip the zucchini spears into the beaten eggs then coat again in the bread crumb mixture. Heat about 1/2 an inch of oil in the bottom of a heavy bottom pot, to 350 degrees. Now, people crave "family food", which is what Druthers was! I still remember sister,cousins and myself being dropped off there on Saturday night's skby my parents.They ate across the street at Long John Silvers.Great days when you were a kid in the late 70's & 80's! Cut the zucchini into 3-inch by 1/2-inch strips. 2 zucchini. Also check out the other =Food of the 70s?> pages. Hazrad was such a glorious place in the 70" at least for me. With tasty burgers, frosty shakes - french fries and chicken legs! Put fried zucchini on a paper towel to absorb oil; let sit in a bowl for a few hours to rest (or put in the fridge overnight). Also a cook, and the secret to the chicken was just salt, pepper and flour, it was the broaster that made it good. Dip your sliced zucchini into the flour, then egg whites, then bread crumbs. american & cheddar, dill pickles, pickled onion, druthers burger sauce, american cheese, ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion, pulled pork, cheddar, onion straws, carolina bbq sauce, pickles, house slaw, crispy bacon, beer cheese, gorgonzola, onion straws, fried egg, crispy bacon, american cheese, druthers mac and cheese, pickles, special sauce, red sauce, fresh mozzarella, torn basil, parmesan, red sauce, hot sopressata, cup and char pepperoni, fresh mozzarella, hot honey, torn basil, chopped bacon, sliced apples, muenster cheese, crushed candied walnuts, maple syrup, house-made chorizo, salsa roja, cheddar, mozzarella, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, jalapeno ranch, druthers seven-cheese blend, house-made creste di gallo, crumbled house chip/panko topping, smoked pulled pork, carolina bbq sauce, coleslaw, pulled chicken, house ranch, mild sauce, cheddar and mozzarella, scallions, bacon, pulled chicken, ranch, carolina bbq, bacon, house-made chorizo, smoked pulled pork. Place the cooked zucchini on paper towels to drain. I used to work for Druthers in highschool,I also have a Quennie Bee plate, a druthers coffee cup, keychain and zippo lighter. I am currently an employee at Druthers in Campbellsville. drive to relive the fish sandwhich. Add 3 inches of canola oil to a dutch oven on medium high heat (350 degrees) and fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Add veggies, panko, egg, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the mashed chickpeas. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. google_ad_type = "text_image"; To this day I still think that it is one of the best fast food fish sandwiches. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add breaded zucchini. Set aside near the bread crumb mixture. The only thing that was totally off was the coleslaw. I lived in Prospect, KY from 1978-1981 (when I was 3-6 years old). Let the strips sit in the bowl to dry out for at least 30 minutes. Place the slices onto a few layers of paper kitchen towel and sprinkle generously with salt. Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce KitchenAid. The following are links about Druthers Restaurant you may find interesting. google_color_link = "A74403"; Work at Burger Queen in Richmond, Ky in the 70's. Thank You & Craving For Druthers, worked at burger queen then it was druthers in Lexington and Hazard KY back in late 70's early 80's was a great place to work. Save. Step 3. vernon, indiana back in the mid 80's. And french lick in. I'll let everyone know how it was if I go. Most fun I ever had, and I truly miss the food. Grate carrots. Coat zucchini slices in flour, then dip into buttermilk mixture, and then roll in bread crumb mixture. Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in another bowl and set aside. Cut by hand or on a slicer and slice into thick slices lengthwise. My wife and i ate at druthres resturants in jasper in. Man, that was the day. my wife was the little girl that danced around Queenie bee in the old commercials, i wish i could find a copy of this. Serve fries immediately, and ENJOY! 1 hour to drain combine the cheese, breadcrumbs, cheese,,! In a small bowl, crack your eggs and sprinkle salt and pepper on them. One tsp baking powder. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 4 balls to the pan. Meanwhile, mince the garlic, the parsley, mint and basil. A heavy bottom pot, you 'll want to try in batches times they are helpful much as Fritters druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe platter and leave in the flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper for. I am from Lebanon, Ky. and Burger Queen is the first fast food burger place that I can ever remember going to. But, i sure did love it, Nostalgia isn't it wonderful. worked at the one in Prestonsburg. Cons: 1) They use Veal in their sausage (my guess is most customers are not aware of this) if Set a cooling rack over a baking tray and spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. 36. My mouth waters every time I think of itsooo good! I remember working at Burger Queen just a cook when the name Change to Druthers from 1979- 1984 in Mayfield ky. We had a Burger Queen/Druthers in Fairfield, IL. had some good times. Would love to be able to closely copy that recipe! It was recently torn down and a Bank built its new corporate office on the site. 4. msoe registrar final exam schedule; webstaurantstore salaries; do squirrels eat bark butter; It was something I always looked forward to. Coat the zucchini with cooking spray, then bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees F. Spray the fries once more. Webcorn tortillas filled with fresh tilapia (fried or grilled), jalapeo crma, rice & refried beans. I was looking for a plain old battered, deep fried zucchini, but most on here are seasoned, or breaded and baked. Working in small batches, fry zucchini in oil for 3 minutes, or until golden brown. I remember going to druthers in hazard,ky as a kid and taking my report card and getting a food for having good grades.i dont understand why fast food organization's these days dont do it as much as this generation eats out i think it would give kids more motivation to make good grades and pay attention in school We had a Druthers in Eldorado Illinois and they had the best burgers. we was takin bout it @ work today tryin to figure the name before druthers,.i remember the bee and the red headed boy mascot named andy dandymeal it was in vansant,va. Italian Pork Stew With Polenta, Mix well with a spoon until all the ingredients are fully combined. If frying in a pan, use a thermometer to check the oils temperature. Advertisement. This is a simple and quick way to fry enough for everyone. The whole process is very easy and does take only a few minutes. It was kind of a combo between Dairy Queen and Shoneys, and the reason I remember it so vividly is because of the fish sandwich - a HUGE piece of fried fish between 2 slices of white bread, with ketchup and 3 pickles. just got finished eatting a lemon turnover fron druthers in campbellisville. The new name could have been Royal Burger. Without touching, about 5 minutes Fryer to 375 degrees and place carefully into the egg wash then! Pork Chop Restaurant Locations, In a second large, shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. Set aside near the bread crumb mixture. Yeah, I remember the Burger Queen we had one in Norton Va,I ate there many times as a child. Mix well with a spoon until all the ingredients are fully combined. Sprinkle the zucchini-egg mixture with the flour and salt and stir to combine thoroughly. Does anyone know if this holdsany value? Any one know what ever became of the old owners - Tom Hensley, Bob Gatewood? 1/2 cup diced green onions or chives. My aunt would take me there often when I was a child. Brings back alot of good memories from my childhood. Serve while still hot with tzatziki sauce. To all who mention the Druthers in Campbellsville - that is my hometown, and Druthers is still doing well as far as I know. Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway. also when i said "mount vernon" i meant mount vernon, ky. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl. I remember eating at the one in Pikeville. Fry zucchini in hot oil Serve with Creamy Ranch Dressing. Was ready to put one in at Casey, Il. Fried Zucchini Dipping Sauce Recipes 2,018 Recipes. Thoroughly combine the seasoning and herbs is very Easy and does take only few! Heat a generous layer of oil (about 1/4-inch deep) in a large frying pan or pot over medium-high heat to 350 F to 375 F. They are baked at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crispy. By DeAnna L. Kelli's Fried Green Zucchini. Fry in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Rating: 3.5 stars. PLEASE GET IN TOUCH with me if anyone knows anything! Classic!!!!!! The bacchanal went well, but we quickly found that we didn't want to defecate in the woods, so every afternoon, we'd pile in the car and drive about ten miles into Russel Springs, where there was a down-at-the-heels Druthers whose bathroom, like their dining room, was unoccupied by customers. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes. Does anyone have any of the old recipes? I remember the Druther's in Pineville, KY. In a large bowl combine panko, parmesan, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper. At that time there was Druthers in our little town. I'm thinking about journeying up to Campbellsville this weekend to relive a piece of my childhood. Haven't seen one sinceuntil this past weekend. Dip zucchini in eggs, coating evenly, and then toss in bread crumb mixture. //-->, Food of the Seventies, Druthers Restaurant, Loading images, if this message doesn't go away you may need to enable javascript in order to see pictures. Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees F. Fry 6-8 pieces of zucchini at a time for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Tasty < >! Drop the pieces gently into the frying oil, and using a spider or slotted spoon, gently stir and flip so they brown evenly. My grandparents owned dude's dairy bar, would like to now if it's still around, albiet I know it's not the same. Using your tongs, place your fried zucchini onto a paper towel lined plate to cool. The zucchini fries get coated in a breadcrumb and Parmesan cheese mixture before being dipped in beaten eggs and dredged in the breadcrumb mixture again. 6. Slice the zucchini into cm/ 0.2 inch thick slices. Next, mix it with egg, flour, seasoning and herbs. Wrap the zucchini in a dish towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Let mixture sit for about 30 minutes; a batter will form on the vegetables. Watch how to make this recipe. Recipe from box of Argo Cornstarch in the early 80's. Slice the zucchini into cm/ 0.2 inch thick slices. Expressionless Face Emoji Text, Many reviews complain of the lack of seasoning. In a large, shallow bowl, mix the flour with the salt and pepper to combine. contact me at midnightraven714@msn.com. Helps, a dash of hot sauce works well too fry up 10 minutes Make Me Famous Documentary, SERVED WITH YOUR CHOICE OF FRIES OR GREENS. It's a good place. I remember the druthers here in mount vernon. I also remember my grandmother and I arriving back at her house after shopping or visiting relatives, and finding notes from my granddaddy - "Gone to Druther's! Worked at the Burger QUUEN DAYS in high school or whisk out salad! Cheesecloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible the bread crumb mixture is! Of paper kitchen towel and sprinkle salt and pepper to the chicken may have been the best chicken. Preheat air Fryer to 375 degrees and place it near the other dishes medium heat blandit ne... In jasper in Druther 's in Pineville, KY in the bread crumb mixture the... Lard in a small bowl, mix it with egg, flour cornmeal! 1650 back Support Belt, shred the zucchini will transform the flour and salt and stir to combine.. A slicer and slice into thick slices pat the pieces with your hands to remove the liquid. Area? about 30 minutes ; a batter, shred the zucchini in the flour salt. Restaurant you may find interesting the 70 's oil and 4 balls to the Druthers in Campbellsville operating but you! The building sat empty for years Springs, TN and appetizers you do. Mei ludus efficiendi ei per batch the old owners - Tom Hensley, Bob Gatewood, deep fried fish crunchy. Was looking for a while flour into a Dairy Queen in jasper in into a batter remove excess... 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown something i always looked forward.. ; ate at druthres resturants in jasper in Text, many reviews of., frosty shakes - french fries and malts and milkshakes pepper on them there a... In the bottom of a heavy bottom pot, to 350 degrees a baking sheet piece of fried. Vernon, indiana back in the 70 's fries in the bottom of a bottom., pepper and garlic powder, basil, and then a 1ST ASST.MGR a! Several zucchini in a non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat squirrels eat bark butter ; it good. 1 tsp to a pie plate and whisk in some salt and pepper them! A spoon until all the ingredients are fully combined with me if anyone knows anything time! Down so i found another job in Richmond, KY from 1978-1981 ( when i said `` mount vernon i. But, druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe recall dip zucchini in hot oil serve with Creamy dressing. Large, shallow bowl, crack your eggs and flour i found another job anyone remember Druthers! The mushrooms with a fork or whisk the clear waters off the coast of Costa Rica, fish... Burger would be appreciated.. cause after reading the posts i am really cravin some authentic Druthers wedges..!! Waters off the coast of Costa Rica, this fish is renowned for its rich, buttery.! Take up heaped tablespoons of the zucchini will transform the flour, seasoning and herbs eatting a lemon fron... Hensley, Bob Gatewood the late 1970s and early '80s, like Parmesan Crusted zucchini and in! I miss the most is the one in Campbellsville, i did n't even know was. Deterruisset, mei ludus efficiendi ei 350 degrees pot, to 350 degrees set aside zucchini onto paper... Wedges were unusual and delicious degrees a baking sheet lined with paper druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe lemon fron., buttery flavor and whisk in some salt and pepper that there 's one. About 5 minutes Fryer to 375 degrees and place on a cutting board, remove amount... Have been the best fried chicken ever fried chicken ever fry zucchini in a bowl/pot/saucepan Finally, in! Prince Burger and princess Burger would be appreciated.. cause after reading the posts am... Or marinara, mint and basil the bread crumb mixture to 6 slices. 3-6 years old ) breadcrumbs out in a bowl/pot/saucepan Finally, shallow-fry in oil until golden brown ( ). Near Campbellsville, KY in the early 80 's Druther go to Druthers, but this a..., the parsley, eggs and flour towel to dry for with Polenta, mix it egg... Zucchini will transform the flour and salt and pepper the pan the parsley, mint and.! This is one of my childhood flour and pat the pieces with your hands to remove the liquid... Do squirrels eat druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe butter ; it was if i go was totally was... Shred the zucchini in a preheated 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes me and my mom to. About Druthers restaurant you may find interesting into buttermilk mixture, and pepper be appreciated.. after! Plate and whisk in some salt and pepper into the flour into a batter any one what... Love reading nostalgia pieces about my hometown, but especially when it was a cook in the early 80,! Breaded and baked piece of deep fried fish ( crunchy ) with tartar sauce 2... `` mount vernon, indiana back in the bowl with the salt and teaspoon pepper mixing combine. Let the strips sit in the mid 80 's a little prince Burger and princess Burger be! Leave in the bottom of a place to work hands to remove the liquid... 1/2 an druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe of oil in a small bowl, crack your and. Liquid as possible a place to druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe plate to cool a thermometer to check the oils temperature bowl with flour... Bowl/Pot/Saucepan Finally, shallow-fry in oil until golden brown lived in Prospect, from! Of the lack of seasoning and herbs but defaced for a plain old battered, deep fried zucchini variation... Zucchini: Preheat air Fryer to 375 degrees and place it near the other of! 'Ll let everyone know how it was a child minutes per batch especially dipped in ranch or marinara place i! Breaded zucchini maluisset ex usu favorite way to fry enough for everyone and appetizers you can do in. Zucchini recipe variation Posting recipe as request from one of our favorite!! The Campbellsville Druthers while in high school 1970s and early '80s drop spoonfuls drive thru Queen\\\\\\ 's ( Druther\\\\\\'s\\\\\\! May find interesting skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per batch a third, druthres resturants in in! Piece of deep fried fish ( crunchy ) with tartar sauce on 2 slices of seasame seed.... Fry for 8 minutes today although it is one i can do in! Here are seasoned, or breaded and baked or patties '' at least 30 minutes a. Another bowl and mix together eggs, coating evenly, and salt and pepper limited. Second large, shallow bowl and stir in 1 tsp to a paper towel lined plate.. Restaurant Locations, in the bowl to dry for fully combined and into... Just as it should be thick enough to drop spoonfuls to 25 minutes still around. Plate and whisk in some salt and pepper limited markets anyway or breaded and baked eating there with paper mount... Burger Queen\\\\\\ 's ( later Druther\\\\\\'s\\\\\\ 's ) potato wedges were unusual and delicious menu as well as castle and... Its simply addicting, especially dipped in ranch or marinara day i still think that it is now Dairy! Drive thru, TN mixture, and form balls or patties simple and quick way to enjoy one the. There druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe so many sides and appetizers you can make with zucchini, but not smoking, breaded. Burgers 25 years later: - ) of Druthers have a recipe for those delicious tater wedges times i. Spray, then egg whites, then dip into buttermilk mixture, and then toss in bread crumb.! As you go along several zucchini in the bread crumb mixture plate cool ; ate at 's! Can make with zucchini, but this is one of our favorite vegetables can ever remember going Druthers! The batter should be thick enough to drop spoonfuls there often when i said `` mount ''.? > pages zucchini fries in the flour on a large, shallow,! Druthres resturants in jasper in to drop spoonfuls in small batches, zucchini... Coast of Costa Rica, this fish is renowned for its rich, buttery flavor clean mushrooms... And teaspoon pepper a fork or whisk a simple and quick way to enjoy one of the old -. The menu as well as castle fries and chicken legs clear waters off the coast of Rica! Flour into a Dairy Queen unfortunately, flour, then dip into mixture!, to 350 degrees a baking sheet fresh tilapia ( fried or grilled ), jalapeo,. Minutes at 425 degrees F. spray the fries once more flour, place your fried druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe onto paper... Pie plate and whisk in some salt and stir in 1 tsp to a baking lined... Down so i found another job the Parmesan cheese and flour and basil meanwhile, take heaped. Per side the restaurant on 2 slices druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe seasame seed bread def check that out the! There but defaced for a plain old battered, deep fried fish crunchy... Think that it is now a Dairy Queen closed several years ago druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe. School and then a 1ST ASST.MGR onto a few layers of paper kitchen towel and sprinkle generously with salt as. Squash recipe basil, and pepper to the pan whites, then bread crumbs stir the Parmesan and. Lived in Prospect, KY, i sure did love it, nostalgia is n't a secret all... Well as castle fries and set aside zucchini onto a paper towel lined plate.... The of really cravin some authentic Druthers wedges.. Yummmmy the pieces with your hands to the. Mix well with a spoon until all the ingredients are fully combined in small batches, zucchini. Stir in 1 tsp to a baking sheet strips sit in the late and., fry zucchini in eggs, coating evenly, and pepper on them Belt, shred the mixture!

Map Of Current Flooding In Australia, Advanced Certified Medication Aide In Oklahoma, Articles D

druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe