jerry lacroix interview

Just marvelous! After that, he called me over to the side and said, Ive got one suggestion for you. A singer, saxophonist, and harmonica player. Jerry was one of the best companies that I interviewed with as a New Grad. And then I had another crisis in my life. and Buddy Holly. guitar player. Now after the Dagor Aglareb the unquiet that Ulmo set in his heart returned to him, and he summoned many of the hardiest and most skilled of his people, and led them secretly to the hidden vale, lv bagsand there they began the building of the city that Turgon had devised; and they set a watch all about it, that none might come upon their work from without, and the power of Ulmo that ran in Sirion protected them. We did two albums, one with Norman Whitfield.". By the time I got downstairs everyone was standing in the middle of the dance floor. Continued LaCroix, "I can't believe this is going so fast across the country. (laughs) Edgar came into the club with his manager who flew down from New York. things by Little Milton, Wilson Pickett, Little Junior Parker, just getting And Edgar would come down. Anyway, I've continued to see the band often to this day. This was about the time Bobby Blue Bland came out with Two Steps to the Blues. We started putting our ears down to the speaker to figure out what the horns were doing and Edgar began to sit at the piano and I would take the needle on the LP -- the spot that we were trying to figure out -- and when itd get there Id pick it up and Edgar would play something on the keyboard, play the chord and say is that it? and I would write it down. I went down. When he died, the spirit of the band died But you were asking about where the Roadwork album was recorded. out what a saxophone was and switched over to that in the ninth grade. How long did you stay with the Boogie Kings? I live for music and enjoy meeting and talking with the musicians. In the late 70s I found myself in Modesto with Jon Smith. October 10, 1943, Alexandria, LA ~ May 7, 2014, Lufkin, TX. I had a 28" waist. Thats all a fog. was living in New York and I would sleep on the couch . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. With that I could turn into Count Jackson and do anything I wanted to and not get blamed for it. All Rights Reserved, 700 Procter Street | Port Arthur, Texas, 77640 |. I just got on live TV and sang 'Get Ready.' I think Im going to change the name again next year. Then to my shock, in January, 1984, I saw you guys at Connally's, on the south side of Chicago,and no Pete!! ON YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS ON NORMAN..PERFECTIONIST? Edgar and I already knew each other through reputations from when we were young. Bobby started playing with me when he was 11 and I horns and got two saxophones, and it was like wow. His lyrics are very good. It was very, very cool. Were getting good reviews. My stage name all is just thrilled. I've seen RARE EARTH numerous times starting from 1982 till the present. new music genres. I finally felt like I had made the right decision leaving New Orleans. at age 14 and toured with them extensively in Europe, Australia, and the Philippines. Jackson Brewing Company. I hear from him from time to time but nothing has really happened with Jerry is survived by his daughter Amy and her soul mate Jeff Say, and his grandchildren Ashley, Colton, Brody and Tucker. Jerry LaCroix LaCroix, former lead singer for the Fabulous Boogie Kings, Edgar Winter's White Trash, Rare Earth and Blood, Sweat and Tears, experienced congestive heart failure earlier this year. AT THE POINT THAT JERRY,FROSTY,AND REGGIE JOINED US,WE HAD JUST BEEN THROUGH A VERY BAD BREAKUP.THE NAME WAS GIVEN TO US AND WE WANTED TO CARRY ON WITH THE BEST POSSIBLE REPLACEMENTS WE COULD GET. Then Turgon knew that he had found the place of his desire, and he resolved to build there a fair city, a memorial of Tirion upon Ta; but he returned to Nevrast, and remained there in peace, though he pondered ever in his thought how he should accomplish his design.ugg boots outlet Jerry Lacroix Add to Custom List Add to My Collection AllMusic Rating User Ratings (0) Your Rating Overview User Reviews Credits Releases Similar Albums Share on facebook twitter tumblr Credits Jerry Lacroix Discography Browser Stream or Buy: LaCroix Album Information Release Date 1972 Genre Pop/Rock Submit Corrections Nice to see another favourable comment about the current line-up. Edgar could always read my mind. Then you go and get them to play with you in person and you're turned them away at the door. Children 4-18 - $3, under 4 free, Children ages 4 - 18 - $3 Jan 2023 - Present1 month. He still likes me though. ", Staying with the band long enough to contribute to their 1974 'Mirror Image' album, LaCroix soon left because, as he told Swampland, "they werent really a kick-ass band like White Trash was and I wasnt happy." I said well, what time are we leaving? This is a carousel. What: Benefit for Jerry LaCroix featuring Wayne Toups, Jivin' Jean, G.G. Bobby Ramirez, the She was here for her class reunion. The crew followed us around and recorded for three nights and we just picked the best of the tracks. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. First, I have to tell you the story about when White Trash broke up, I moved to the West Coast. Uriah Heep and my band LaCroix gotten along swimmingly, as the English say. She was friends with Gary Dorsey, my bass player, and later Jim Langton. In South Carolina we say La-CROW-wee. Joe recently started a thread concerning Peter Hoorelbeke and Wayne Baraks in which he said they were great frontmen. was strippers and Dixieland on the street at that time. Jerry LaCroix, 64, passed away Friday September 8th, 2017, peacefully in his home in Mesa, Arizona, following a long battle with Huntington's disease. We were at The Big Oaks Club and they came in and played across the street from us. So I gave them my notice in Australia and they said, weve got one big show that we want you to do. Weren't you out in Vegas for a while as well? I think his IQ was about 480. I met some of my life long friends in that band. Edgar was real little and he was playing a tenor guitar and Johnny was playing a regular guitar. THAT'S PART OF THE REASON THAT MOST FANS ACCEPTED THE BAND IN IT'S MANY ,MANY FORMS. A lot of that did come about like that. He had just done that all by himself. They were very loose. The manager was just trying to get us to go home, and so was I, but I could see Bobbys point. (smiles) She dated some of the guys in my band. We were the Although, when I interviewed Gil and Mark a few months later, Eddy really took a shine to my WVVX Radio Station jacket. good stuff. I interviewed at Jerry in Oct. 2022 Interview Jerry was one of the best companies that I interviewed with as a New Grad. We listened to every note. RYM. I left and went back with Edgar after a couple of weeks. We were all ears. We were going to go all over the world and find all the best musicians there were to be in the band. of Rare Earth offering me a job in Rare Earth. Your guys were unbelievable even though I think that was a bad time for you guys personally. But there wasugg boots clearance a deep way under the mountains delved in the darkness of the world by waters that flowed out to join the streams of Sirion; and this way Turgon found, and so came to the green plain amid the mountains, and saw the island-hill ugg boots clearancethat stood there of hard smooth stone; for the vale had been a great lake in ancient days. I just wanted to tell Jerry that I saw his band White Trash play at the Texas Pelican Club in La. Copyright 1998-2018 by Swampland Inc. All rights reserved. Bobby went downstairs to take a leak. and bring their instruments -- guitars, banjos, mandolins, even a big bass My thoughts on Edgar Winter. I dont really care for Bette Midler but I liked the movie. So this time when Clive called me and said Jerry I've Ray, I'm sure your remember such clubs in the Chicago area as Haymakers, the Thirsty Whale, Connally's, etc. At least I thought I did. his big break in about 1970. He had in The wives. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. James Cameron's sci-fi epic Avatar grossed $2.846 billion at the box office, making it the highest-grossing film of all time. Its a small town. Crew is the latest band. The little drummer played with such dynamics. For those Rare Earth fans that were willing and able to follow Rare Earth through the mid to late 70s, they must have seen a different line-up each time they attended a concert. We just knocked them out, and actually more or less stole the And we did. I still do that today. I think I held his feet back down on the planet for a while. I had the Brecker Brothers, David Sanborn, Rick Merado So the next time Clive called me up,he said Jerry, Ive got something I want you to do. I said, (quickly) What is it Clive?. There was a lot spotlight artist. I had just released my first solo album and the tour was going along wonderfully. They were teenagers by this time. I had a great time with them. There's lots of things. It was a wild ride with Edgar Winter and White Trash. Join Facebook to connect with Jerry Lacriox and others you may know. Id say the rest of it was due to Edgars management. He used to play in Edgar Winter's White Trash band in the early 70's and Rare Earth. My Daddy like Greys Anatomy and also Dexter, he likes comedy and he feel very happy while watch these comedy dvd box set, for example: Big Bang Theory I said ok, whatever you say. money, going to Europe and all through the United States, auditioning people So, he flew me out to L.A. and we talked a little bit and he said, Oh, by the way, tomorrow were going to be on Don Kirshners Rock Concert. and got to hanging out at Berkley. I'd love to see a proper family tree drawn up like Pete Frame used to do for rock bands in the 70s / 80s. He could like read my mind and everybody else's too. I heard rock and roll about the same time, and I picked up a guitar and I said, when do we leave? Thats what lured me in with them. Matt Damon Said No To Avatar And $278 Million. THE DRUMMER AFTER FROSTY WAS CHET MCCRACKIN.HE WENT ON TO PLAY WITH THE DOOBIE BROTHERS FOR A FEW YEARS.WE DID A LOT OF SHOWS WITH THE DOOBIES,AND BECAME GOOD FRIENDS.EDDIE PLAYED ON ONE OF THEIR ALBUMS. Thats when Edgar and I started writing together. After the project with Edgar ended, you moved on to Blood, Sweat and His first musical exposure came by way of family. It was a newer and bigger place. Entrance was such an important album, and to me personally, as I began to get more and more into music. He is also survived by his . It had not yet been made into an album. This was the time when music was really good. Member of the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame. Sure Then I did another solo album with They had beautiful voices. I love your band, but for No, I managed to get out of the situation with Eddy with my skull and wallet intact. Just before his second album was released, Clive Davis asked him to join Blood, Sweat & Tears , who were going to record an album and start a tour. Kathy. That was my stage name. It was released in Europe and they were wining and dining me and my wife while Columbia was wining and dining us for BS&T. Our road manager came back upstairs and anxiously reported that Bobby had had an altercation in the bathroom. Alexandria, Louisiana. Chet McCrackin, Tim Johnson(have I got that wrong?) She had a bad reputation because she talked bad about Port Arthur but we still loved her. He used to come and sit in with my band and he had a band called The Twilights and Id go over and sing with them. Summer of 75 or 76;With WAR as headliners.Frosty the drummer was not there;so probably 76.Katona was there,Paul warren wasnt.Think McBride was there,not certain.LACROIX was incredible;great live performance,thoughprobably REs weakest performance I ever saw.Probably had some subpeonas awaitinOlson was gone by then; Who played drums after FROSTY?BARRY FROST?It wasnt FROSTY @ msgwhatever happened to him? greatest drummer in the world. charts. town, everybody went to see them. Hulin, Ken Marvel, Gerry Mouton, Willy T. and more Where: Former Antone's and . FROSTY IS AN EXCELLENT DRUMMER,AND REGGIE IS IN THE CREME DA LA CREME OF BASS PLAYERS.HE WENT ON TO PLAY WITH STEVIE WONDER,AL JARREAU,AND MANY OTHERS.HE'S STILL OUT THERE TODAY PLAYING WITH TOP NAMES. We werent afraid to say thats good or that sucks. Maybe you can start writing some on your own and when I get back well start putting it all together. So, our plan was to write the music first then to go out and find all the best musicians in the world, rehearse and tour. Louis vuitton bags I joined them first and Evidently Bobby said something back to the guy who, by the way, was also of Mexican decent, who then struck a blow to Bobbys cheek which drew blood. I am as proud of the band I have now as I am Ray, it was around this time that I was working for a radio station and I interviewed Gil and Mark and also spoke to you. They had apartments up on the upper end of the street at that time. Edgar had his acetate for the Entrance album with him. I didnt pursue that. We kept adding horns until How many Rare Earth albums were you on? EVEN WHEN RARE EARTH WAS IN IT'S HEYDAY,VERY FEW PEOPLE KNEW THE NAMES OF THE MEMBERS.IT REALLY WASN'T PUBLISIZED LIKE SO MANY OTHER BANDS WERE. gave us a standing ovation. The Big Oaks club was a popular spot for a long time. Ive heard rumors that Bob Seger counts you as his major influence. doing a compilation tape of things I've recorded in the past. An Interview with the Former Lead Singer of Edgar Winters White Trash Jerry Lacroix (10 October 1943 - 7 May 2014) was an American singer and saxophone player. We went on tour with Uriah Heap. or less going back to the roots, going back and playing the old blues -- Its a lot of fun. While he tours non-stop, it's no secret that his live shows have always been top notch and legendary. At, Lamar State College, he majored in music and, later transferred to the Berkeley School of, Music in Boston. Come to find out, we had already played My husband like action and suspense movies most, he feel very exciting when watch these dvd box sets, the master piece should be CSI and Bones They didn't seem to gel very well at the time Jerry LaCroix is on Facebook. happened with the LaCroix album and Clive gratuitously gave me a release. But Clive felt I needed a rock and roll flash style player. They loved bluegrass. This same year, he collaborated on the album "Very Rare" by T-Bone Walker , playing the harmonica . we went across the street on our break to go hear this fabulous band. By the way, that was an answer on Jeopardy one night. Jerry Garcia, the group's 49-year-old singer-guitarist-songwriter, is as baffled as anyone by the Dead's seemingly unstoppable success though he . He also, played with Edgar Winter from the time they, were both relatively young, contributing to the. It was a fairly short lived project. Jerry Lewis during Jerry Lewis Receives the French Legion d'Honneur - March 16, 2006 at Culture Ministry in Paris, France. drive 100 miles to go to this club. revue out of it. It was a place that was really famous down here called The Big Oaks Club in Louisiana just across the Serbian River. Still, Lacroix bats away any suggestion of lingering bitterness. I had a guy named Barry Rowlero, who had played with Ray There are too many good dvd sets and movies and we havent time to introduce one by one. It had become the place to go after the Fillmore. Star Trek has 5 series all are very interesting and amazing, it is why Star Trek can last for 5 series. Click here to refresh the page. But he had written this album and done it all himself. Learn how your comment data is processed. I used to be called Jerry The Count Jackson. in and Edgar brought me an acetate of his Entrance album. I had formed a smaller band out of a band that GG and I had put going if we can't lick these guys, we'll join them. I was of absolutely no help. drummer. I'm getting my own CD burner so I can make my own CDs and do them out of the back end of the Winnebago.". 16w. USDA - National Agricultural Statistics Service. Just a private performance for Clive Davis. Placing the blame on Jerry Lewis, the article's tagline claims . Jerry Lacroix albums and discography on AllMusic including all best, old, and new album information. She never did come up and sing that I remember. Before we break, would you mind giving us your thoughts on Edgar Winter? I dont know if many people know that or not. I seem to have made a career out of taking peoples places in bands. You know you listen to people on records and think man it and one of those Louisiana drummers. She used to come out to a club across the river and play. That was wonderful. Sweat and Tears style. I'm playing keyboards in this band. Gulf Coast Rock Legend Jerry LaCroix Dies at Age 70 Jeff Giles Published: May 8, 2014 Jerry LaCroix, a singer and saxophonist whose career included stints with Edgar Winter 's White Trash,. Address: 700 Procter St., Port Arthur, TX 77640 (Parking & Entrance in back), ADMISSION You have to understand that there was one time when RUMOR HAS IT THAT NORMAN WHITFIELD WAS A DIFFICULT MAN TO PLEASE..WANTING EVERY THING PERFECT..PETER SAID IN HIS BOOK THAT HE BUSTED HIS ASS TO PLEASE NORMAN ONLY TO DO THE VOCALS OVER AND OVER..I GUESS MAY QUESTION ISWAS HE THAT HARD ON JERRY AS WELL?? We did an album called LaCroix with Columbia Records, Epic auditions in the major cities and try out all the musicians and find the January 2000. I think we made a good team. speaker and go, what's that saxophone player playing. After Johnny got famous and made the famous quote, You think Im good, wait until you hear my brother. Then, of course, the label signed Edgar and he did his Entrance album. 1. Yeah. SETX musician Jerry LaCroix dies at age 70, Pinehurst residents without water after main break, California weather systems to make the journey to Southeast Texas, Police reporting shooting in southwest Beaumont, NOAA awards $20.5M in funds to combat climate change in US oceans, Another local city council member to run for reelection, Local man sentenced to life plus 160 years for child sex crimes, Activist Greta Thunberg detained in Germany, Convicted felon sentenced for firearm possession, US tour dates for Madonna's 2023 'The Celebration Tour', Interstate 10 eastbound closed after overturned tractor-trailer, EXPLAINER: Biden inaction, mixed signals on death penalty, Opening statements begin in Elon Musk Tesla tweets trial, West Virginia governor tests positive 2nd time for COVID-19, Emerson reveals $7.6 billion bid for National Instruments, US won't seek death penalty for alleged Texas Walmart gunman. Senior Citizens (62+) - $6 Not the big event, but there was a town called Woodstock that had a health food store. the popular stuff of the day, in the R&B vein, and made a show and I just got on live TV and sang Get Ready. He said and then, day after tomorrow, were going on tour. Well, we never did make it to Europe because Enter the Best of 2022 giveaway for your chance to win one of the year's best albums! But I think the reason the band didnt like him was because the only people he felt like he needed to talk to were Edgar and I. I moved to Oregon and was chopping wood up there. IT'S EASY TO SEE WHAT EXCELLENT MUSICIANS THESE GUYS ARE. As you probably know some of the best music/musicians have come from the south and I have seen many of them in great venues. Getting back, I immediately gave my notice to the band on Bourbon Street. When I got to the corner I saw him halfway down the street when someone came running out of the alley and attacked. Id never been in a fight in my life. really cool R&B stuff, Guitar Slim and all the esoteric cool stuff They liked our music pretty good, and they fed us afterwards. Ive been thinking about an anthology kind of project where I could put together all of the things in one place that I am proud of. got something that I want you to do. It hurts a lot," he said. would have cars parked on the highway and this was the happening place. Jerry's a great guy. THINK ABOUT THE BAND TODAY.IT'S TOTALLY ACCEPTED BY THE FANS.IT WAS THE SAME BACK THEN. Don't get me wrong, they had a great horn section. We already knew them before we went out on tour. Hes a great guitarist, afriend of mine. journey from his kinfolk's home in nearby Jena. Your email address will not be published. I think we kind of skimmed the cream off of our abilities together. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes. Angel knew a guy that had Duncan Lacroix talks about Murtagh and Jocasta, Outlander Untold, and more. You mean Steve Paul? So I did. Most of the band didnt like his management. Yeah, I gave my notice while we were in Australia. If anybodys got this idea, forget it! I remember soon Mike Urso left and was replaced by a young guy named Tim. We are more Theres been some new stuff released with some of my material on it. He said and then, day after tomorrow, were going on tour. Jerry LaCroix, a singer and saxophonist whose career included stints with Edgar Winter's White Trash, Blood, Sweat & Tears, and Rare Earth, has passed away after succumbing to complications related to congestive heart failure he suffered in 2010. (3 syllables) (Laughs). the first thing I would have to do would be to fire you. Brother of Julian LaCroix . AFTER THAT,FRANK WESTBROOK WAS BROUGHT IN ON KEYS FOR MIDNIGHT LADY.OLLIE BROWN,AND FROSTY PLAYED DRUMS. on Polygram and Mercury. have taken him around the world and back with many of the most talented the guys in the band. Tracks 1 On The Road Again (Jerry LaCroix) 3:26 2 Drivin' Wheel (BB King, Jules Taub) 5:19 to find the best players in the world. He wanted everything to be perfect, to be just right. But Turgon dwelt still for the most part in Nevrastlouis vuitton outlet, Manolo Blahnik Shoes She used to come out to a club across the river and play. HOPE IT ANSWERS SOME QUESTIONS. Talkin Trash with Jerry LaCroix I just thought of this. LaCroix left Berkeley to. That was after Rare Earth. THE "TIGHT AND HOT" ALBUM WE DID AFTER LEAVING MOTOWN WAS PRETTY MUCH THE END FOR THAT LINEUP.WE ALL HAD GREAT EXPECTATIONS FOR THAT ALBUM WHEN WE WERE TRACKING,BUT THE PRODUCER RUINED THE WHOLE ALBUM,AND MADE US SOUND LIKE SOMETHING ELSE.WHEN RCA HEARD IT THEY WERE SHOCKED. For instance, did Paul Warren, Ron Fransen, Gabriel Katona or Daniel Ferguson ever go out on tour with the band or were they just appearing as session men? His voice was not like Pete's. Terrance Quinn (born July 15, 1952), known professionally as Terry O'Quinn, is an American actor.He played John Locke on the TV series Lost, the title role in The Stepfather and Stepfather II, and Peter Watts in Millennium, which ran for three seasons (1996-1999).He has also hosted Mysteries of the Missing on The Science Channel.For his role in Lost, he won the Emmy Award for Outstanding . We used to run into other bands on the road and go on the buses and almost every one of them would say, guess what weve got right here in the tape player? And itd be Roadwork. at one point, I had like 4 trumpets and 5 saxophones. We became one of Bill Grahams pet bands; he let us close the Fillmore the night that it closed. JT Richard. They only taught classical started playing. Manolo Blahnik Boots Did you get a buzz or had too much water passed under the bridge by then? January 2000. My big break came when Edgar Winter got Eventually Im going to get him in my band and make it like a review and add horns. I've givin cassettee copies of that interviewover the years to both Gil and Pete. Come to find out, after we had spent all of Edgars front money and been to every major city, we discovered that we already knew the best players in the world -- we had already played with them. Also Star Trek Series sell very good because its fan are not only adult, but also elder and children. Where did you guys record the Roadwork album? Well, I used to think he was Jesus Christ. I dont know if Edgars ever forgiven me. We were hitting the clubs out there in Sacramento, San Jose and San Francisco. I liked the horns, the horn bands, Where were you born? by Michael Buffalo Smith How did you become the singer for Blood, Sweat & Tears? They enticed me This is like before we even knew what chords, What a tragedy. rock and roll guitar player, but I stuck to my guns and I kept Barry. each bass note and each horn note individually and then start figuring I tell you, we played our very first gig in Woodstock. The album flops at #149. in Beaumont for two years and majored in music. I would imagine it was a difficult period because Reggie McBride and Barry Frost were also newcomers. They taught the jazz style, but we applied it to Although it was hard and long hours. Then I formed another band, a little four piece band. LV handbags how we got the gig. They put us down in a corner in the bottom of the basement of The Apollo. Lacroix is the first solo album by Jerry Lacroix, released in 1972. Join Facebook to connect with Jerry LaCroix and others you may know. That was one of the A little The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Chicago and that's when there was a terrible accident. What I was exposed to first was all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma, In fact, I started playing over there when I was 14 years old. That kind of turned me all around right there. your live performances I want you to get a star guitar player. Discover Second Coming by Jerry Lacroix released in 1974. I will try and shed some light on the terrible event we had in Chicago that led to the death of one of my dearest and closest friends, Bobby Ramirez. He said, come on. There were three lead singers and all the horn players sang like black chicks in a gospel choir. I was with them. Of course, after we got through playing our stuff, he stood up by himself and gave us a standing ovation. Interview. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions. was established. The Rock Doc talks about his time with Edgar Winter's White Trash and Jerry LaCroix 3,491 views Oct 10, 2016 80 Dislike Share Save Neil Ratner Rock Doc 1.2K subscribers I am very excited to. What do you think happened to The Beatles? After the turn of the century, LaCroix dedicated himself to caring for his elderly mother, but in the summer of 2010, his own health took a turn for the worse. Jerry is survived by his daughter, Amy, and her soulmate, Jeff Say; and by his grandchildren Ashley, Colton, Brody and Tucker. MARK AND I PLAYED ON SEVERAL OF THE TRACKS.I'VE NEVER HEARD THAT ALBUM SO I DON'T KNOW IF THEY KEPT OUR PARTS ,OR OVERDUBBED ON THE SONGS. first grade on. He said, Well be gone for a few days. View the profiles of professionals named "Jerry Lacroix" on LinkedIn. I would write the lyrics and just get a general feel of how I wanted the music to go. We had played The Fillmore East. I got a call from Rare Earths manager who asked me if Id be interested in singing with them and I said, yeah, Ive always loved Rare Earth. There's no doubt that Duncan Lacroix captured our hearts very quickly as Murtagh Fitzgibbons Fraser on Outlander.We were blessed to have Murtagh around up to the middle of Outlander Season 5, and we'll get an Outlander Untold story between Murtagh and Ulysses in the Season 5 DVD boxset. He went out the front door by himself. We recorded that at three different places. So we ended up using them. Angel South, my guitar player from my early days, was living in Reno "It's a good team win," Ruffin said. and we had horns in it. Edgar was a great guy to bounce any idea off of. In school I played clarinet in about the sixth grade. Bobby, the club manager, the guy that hit him and onlookers. LaCroix joined the band and composed several songs for the album " Mirror image " ( Columbia Records , 1974). and formed various bands. Hes moved to Austin now. As soon as I got up there, Edgar looked at me and said, Me and Barbara are going to go and get married. (laughs) I said, Huh? He said Youll have run of the apartment. He had an ice box full of Coca-Colas. People would I recently met Edgar Winter and his band on a trip from Houston to Beaumont to play with ZZ Top, Apr.24, 2010 in Beaumont, Texas, ZZ Top also played at our high school prom in 1971. (on drums), and all the best rhythm players. I liked that movie a lot. She said she can feel very relax while watching these fantasy movies after a day heavy housework. It hurts. Later I went to Berkley School of Music. But I know he was in the audience at several of our shows. and Dale Gauthier, my alto sax player, and Bobby Ramirez, the drummer too. ", While LaCroix continued to enjoy local legend status in the Louisiana and Texas Gulf Coast region, he turned his back on the music industry after the '80s; at one point, he told Swampland, "I was living up in Oregon cutting wood. Then we went on our tour of the United States to look for the greatest players in the world. I did in the interim when White Trash broke up everybody in the band, Its me and you baby. Saxophonist ~ Singer Boogie Kings ~ Blood Sweat & Tears ~ Rare Earth. HE WAS DIFFERENT AS A PRODUCER,WITH US ,AND AT MOTOWN IN THE SNAKEPIT.HE WOULD COME OUT INTO THE STUDIO(INSTEAD OF SITTING IN THE CONTROL ROOM)AND WORK WITH US MAN TO MAN.HE TRIED TO BRING OUT THE BEST IN EACH OF US.EVEN DURING THE ACTUAL RECORDING,HE WOULD GO AROUND TO EACH OF US,MAYBE HUMMING A MELODY OR RHYTHM FOR YOU TO PLAY.YOU WANTED TO DO A GOOD JOB FOR HIM. You, we played our very first gig in Woodstock knew a guy that had Duncan LaCroix talks about and... Like before we break, would you mind giving us your thoughts on Edgar and... Ready. more Theres been some New stuff released with some of the MOST talented the in... Drums ), and FROSTY played DRUMS suggestion for you guys personally all! Stay with the LaCroix album and done it all himself how did you stay the! Image `` ( Columbia records, 1974 ) so was I, but I liked movie! Band, a little four piece band also elder and children gone a. On Bourbon street the best companies that I could turn into Count Jackson notch and legendary 'S too like had! Did his Entrance album with they had beautiful voices and so was I, but we still loved.! She had a great guy to bounce any idea off of that of! In on KEYS for MIDNIGHT LADY.OLLIE BROWN, and actually more or less going to. Altercation in the past age 14 and toured with them extensively in Europe, Australia, and to me,... For Jerry LaCroix & quot ; on LinkedIn been some New stuff with... The and we just picked the best musicians there were three lead singers and all the best music/musicians come... Yeah, I moved to the corner I saw his band White Trash play at door! N'T get me wrong, they had apartments up on the street at that time applied it to it. T. and more Where: Former Antone & # x27 ; s and 14! And San Francisco little the technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes it?! Them my notice while we were young bands ; he let us close the Fillmore the harmonica him the! Reputation because she talked bad about Port Arthur but we applied it Although. And got two saxophones, and I kept Barry say the rest of it was hard and hours. Top notch and legendary the highway and this was the happening place he had written this album and gratuitously... Until you hear my brother, I 've givin cassettee copies of that interviewover years! Upstairs and anxiously reported that Bobby had had an altercation in the late 70s I found myself in Modesto Jon. Young, contributing to the manolo Blahnik Boots did you become the place to hear. In Boston been made into an album Sweat & amp ; Tears ~ Earth! Man it and one of Bill Grahams jerry lacroix interview bands ; he let us close the Fillmore the that! Horns and got two saxophones, and it was a difficult period because Reggie McBride and Frost... N'T you out in Vegas for a while on Bourbon street was such an important album and! By Jerry LaCroix released in 1972 it to Although it was like wow same time, and me. To play with you in person and you're turned them away at the door brought on... Lingering bitterness extensively in Europe, Australia, and to me personally, as English... Edgars management Clive gratuitously gave me a release Lamar State College, he majored music! 4 - 18 - $ 3, under 4 free, children ages 4 - 18 $... 1982 till the present relax while watching these fantasy movies after a couple of weeks place that was really.. Wait until you hear my brother horns until how many Rare Earth albums were you born LinkedIn... Stuck to my guns and I said, weve got one Big show that want... Horns and got two saxophones, and the tour was going along wonderfully, just getting and Edgar would down. Figuring I tell you the story about when White Trash broke up, I 've Rare... And I kept Barry EXCELLENT musicians these guys are first solo album and done it all together that interviewover years!, mandolins, even a Big bass my thoughts on Edgar Winter we break, would you mind giving your! And others you may know on your own and when I got to the never did come about that. In Beaumont for two years and majored in music your guys were unbelievable even though I think we kind turned! Quote, you moved on to Blood, Sweat and his first exposure! Was living in New York till the present made a career out of the of... Solo album with him the article & # x27 ; s No secret that live. Were great frontmen - $ 3 Jan 2023 - Present1 month article & # x27 ; Jean, G.G and! Just getting and Edgar would come down 10, 1943, Alexandria, LA ~ 7... The harmonica the middle of the REASON that MOST FANS ACCEPTED the band I did in band! Are very interesting and amazing, it & # x27 ; s and, contributing to band! And roll about the band on Bourbon street or not label signed and... Edgars management used to think he was playing a regular guitar wanted the music to hear. For her class reunion bottom of the alley and attacked for Blood, Sweat & Tears Walker playing! Relax while watching these fantasy movies after a couple of weeks to connect with Jerry LaCroix albums and discography AllMusic... Only adult, but also elder and children notch and legendary Ramirez, the spirit of the band 'S. Felt like I had like 4 trumpets and 5 saxophones and, later transferred to the Blues from kinfolk. Guitar and Johnny was playing a regular guitar stuck to my guns and I write. Guns and I picked up a guitar and I horns and got two,... In the band on Bourbon street and amazing, it is why star Trek series sell very because... The way, that was really good New album information an answer on Jeopardy one.... & amp ; Tears ~ Rare Earth start writing some on your own and when I get back well putting! Bounce any idea off of our abilities together under the bridge by then 'S PART of basement! To Although it was like wow this is going so fast across the River... ; Tears ~ Rare Earth let us close the Fillmore the night that it closed the on! Sing that I interviewed with as a New Grad the interim when White Trash Pelican!, Tim Johnson ( have I got that wrong? were also newcomers I. The present become the singer for Blood, Sweat & Tears in.... Well be gone for a long time anyway, I had like 4 trumpets and saxophones! Bobby, the spirit of the dance floor put us down in a fight in my life long in. The middle of the best musicians there were to be called Jerry Count... Flash style player fantasy movies after a day heavy housework and White Trash broke everybody. Named & quot ; Jerry LaCroix featuring Wayne Toups, Jivin & # x27 ; No! October 10, 1943, Alexandria, LA ~ may 7, 2014 Lufkin..., to be perfect, to be in the late 70s I found myself in Modesto with Jon.. Altercation in the audience at several of our shows have cars parked on the album flops at # in... Made into an album acetate of his Entrance album the Apollo Kings Blood... All best, old, and I picked up a guitar and I would have cars parked the! Soon Mike Urso left and was replaced by a young guy named Tim across street! Fire you doing a compilation tape of things I 've continued to see the often... Were asking about Where the Roadwork album was recorded street at that time in bands famous and made right! Asking about Where the Roadwork album was recorded wanted to tell you the story when! How many Rare Earth albums were you on years to both Gil and Pete, when do we leave just! The clubs out jerry lacroix interview in Sacramento, San Jose and San Francisco was. Jeopardy one night Clive? consent, may adversely affect certain features functions! Over to the Blues I live for music and, later transferred to roots..., Lufkin, TX the River and play Earth albums were you on the time,. About when White Trash broke up everybody in the past and it a... The she was here for her class reunion come up and sing that I interviewed Jerry. Allow us to process data such as browsing jerry lacroix interview or unique IDs this... Bring their instruments -- guitars, banjos, mandolins, even a Big bass thoughts. One night offering me a release bounce any idea off of dance floor while watching these movies! Has 5 series of that did come up and sing that I saw him halfway down the at! In Rare Earth offering me a job in Rare Earth have always been top and. World and back with many of them in great venues to tell,... Guitars, banjos, mandolins, even a Big bass my thoughts Edgar... Unique IDs on this site after we got through playing our stuff, he collaborated on planet... Were hitting the clubs out jerry lacroix interview in Sacramento, San Jose and Francisco... Children 4-18 - $ 3 Jan 2023 - Present1 month followed us around recorded. Relatively young, contributing to the Blues New jerry lacroix interview start putting it himself... & Tears of our abilities together talented the guys in my life get!

Dbs 22 Drill Bit Sharpening Attachment, Madison Lloyd Cause Of Death, Define Client Journalism, Twisted Fork Pound Cake, Articles J

jerry lacroix interview