justin gaethje i'm literally the guy in the pic

Gaethje left Johnson laying. [2] Reddit /r/CringeAnarchy (page doesn't exist), Original version: kind of funny If I beat Gaethje in spectacular fashion, Ill easily be able to fight for the title.. [111], As a two-time Arizona State high school champion and an NCAA Division I All-American, Gaethje has some of the best wrestling credentials in the UFC's lightweight division. to view the image gallery, All rights reserved. His style demands it. In recent days, the two men have taken to arguing about who is the more violent fighter. I was there. The UFC has two scheduled pay-per-view events for March. "[112], In a 2020 ESPN interview, Gaethje stated he realized after transitioning from wrestling to mixed martial arts that, while winning was still important, entertaining the fans could earn him more money. Gaethje plans on winning the title before he fights McGregor in order to expand his worth. Browse 1,188 justin gaethje stock photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images. A former NCAA All-American wrestler at theUniversity of Northern Colorado, Gaethje could easily take that approach too. It seems as though it is Gaethje who provides all of the back-and-forth in his fights.". Nobody is tougher than the person you're. He tore my quad. Taking time away to recover from a freak bicycle accident, Gaethje knows he's 'two impressive wins' away from a . A lightweight clash pitting Justin Gaethje against Rafael Fiziev has been targeted for UFC 286. Jim Miller hurt my calf really good, but nothing like that. I told him way before because he used to fight for the World Series of Fighting (WSOF) and I was the commentator for that. "[116], Gaethjealong with UFC President Dana White, fighters Colby Covington and Henry Cejudo, and manager Ali Abdelazizattended a rally for President Donald Trump in September 2020, with the fighters being acknowledged by the President. See tweets, replies, photos and videos from @hayes_mma Twitter profile. Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. British UFC fighter Paddy Pimblett recently bagged his fourth straight victory in the promotion at UFC 282 last weekend. Check out MMA Junkies full interview with Justin Gaethje in the video above. He defended his WSOF belt five times before vacating it to join the UFC in 2017. They are simply fighters. [14] He also has a twin brother, Marcus John Gaethje, who worked at the Morenci mine for almost 10 years. [112] He is well known for the knockout power in his punches, and his debilitating leg kicks. Jonathan Snowden covers combat sports for Bleacher Report. Im gonna take high road + not mention it. Stipe Miocic Open To Francis Ngannou Trilogy In Boxing, UFC 283 Media Day: Teixeira/Hill, Figueiredo/Moreno Face Off, UFC Vegas 283 Sleeper Scrap: Gregory Rodrigues vs. Brunno Ferreira, Bo Nickals UFC Debut Now Set For UFC 285, Report: Valentina Shevchenkos Return Set For UFC 285. 6 in the UFCs stacked 155-pound division. Probably everything combined, Fiziev said. Despite that, Gaethje defended his visit to the region ruled by the warlord on the grounds that he likes to shoot guns. They are the eyes of a man who may have entered a steel cage expecting an athletic contest. What a machine but perfectly technically sound? With reports of a lightweight title fight between Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov being booked for April 2020 and other lightweight fights being announced recently, top contender Justin Gaethje is without a scheduled fight, and he seems to be okay with that. He's what politicians feared when they banned the sport of mixed martial arts across the country in the 1990s, a man unafraid of his own potency and the potential consequences of his actions, comfortable with the problems his sledgehammer fists create every time he touches another man's body. The topic recently drew attention again during a back and forth between Gaethje and Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy. [52] The suspension was lifted a day later. He might not be super technical but he can aim, dude. The former UFC lightweight interim champion posted a video of Pimblett along with Barstool Sports people demanding a Fight of the Night bonus from Dana White. Once you get angry, instead of hitting (with proper technique), youre loading up and telegraphing. One more thing. On December 21st, 2014, Twitter user @reganslatic tweeted "Why can't I find a guy like this ugh" followed by a photo of a young man with hearts photoshopped by his head. Justin Ray Gaethje was born on November 14, 1988, in Safford, Arizona. The debut lasted all of 27 seconds. [58] Gaethje won the bout by TKO via doctor stoppage due to Firmino's right eye being swollen after round three. His dad just retired from 35 years of work, a teacher and volunteer who takes time to travel with. [61] Gaethje won the back-and-forth fight via TKO in the second round through a combination of punches and knees. And in short, Fiziev is pulled in by the mixture of Gaethjes deadly striking and positioning in the rankings. Thats an outright lie and slander, Gaethje wrote. He's facing a monster. He uses his expertise and enthusiasm to advance his professional career and offers insightful commentary on anything related to combat sports. Gaethje was deducted one point in round 3 for an eye poke. Last month, images and footage emerged of a trio of former UFC champions former interim lightweight titleholder Gaethje, former welterweight king Kamaru Usman, and former two-division champ Henry Cejudo shooting guns at the Russian Special Forces University in Chechnya. In response to Gaethjes defense, however, some pointed out that attending Kadyrovs sons birthday party and interacting with him, which many perceived as a display of public support, is still worthy of the same criticism. That's the only way to get away from me. By Drew Beaupr January 14, 2023 (Zuffa LLC/Associated Press) A lightweight bout between Justin Gaethje and Rafael Fiziev is close to being finalized for UFC 286 in London. So tickets . Sign up for the MMA Junkie newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Jack Slack, one of the sport's great analysts, calls Gaethje "hypnotic." He said, "I used to be blind. Although he is still a pressure fighter, Wittman said that Gaethje now takes fewer risks and is more selective about when to trade punches. Jokes shouldn't be made out of this. "The Special Relationship Between Justin Gaethje And Trevor Wittman", "Former WSOF champ Justin Gaethje takes shots at 'quitter' Conor McGregor ahead of UFC debut", "UFC Rankings, Division Rankings, P4P rankings, UFC Champions | UFC.com", "Justin Gaethje, campen de UFC con sangre sonorense Grupo Milenio", "Fight Path: Miner's son Justin Gaethje ready to unleash patented slams at WSOF 2", "Justin Gaethje: From the copper mines to the smiling fields of gold", Justin Gaethje's Knockout Rate Trumps MMA All-Timers, "UFC 249: Inside Justin Gaethje's journey from a mining town to MMA stardom", "Justin Gaethje calls KO loss to Eddie Alvarez a 'dream come true', "WSOF champ Justin Gaethje: I won't take a pay cut to go to the UFC", "MMA practically a birthright for WSOF champ Gaethje", "Former UNC Wrestling Standout Justin Gaethje Returns to Campus to Defend MMA Championship", "Arizona Chapter National Wrestling Hall of Fame", "Former UNC All-American wrestler Gaethje to headline MMA fighting event in Greeley", "The Beaten Path: Prospect Justin Gaethje Is Newest Member of Long MMA Tradition", "Gaethje Advances To Final Day of NCAA Championship", "An up-and-down year: UNC's Justin Gaethje still trying to find his groove at 149 pounds | GreeleyTribune.com", "WSOF champ Gaethje won't take a pay cut for the UFC", "Match of the Day: Justin Gaethje wins true-second at 2011 NCAA West Region Championships", "University of Northern Colorado to induct Justin Gaethje into Athletic Hall of Fame", "Gaethje ready to bring ultra-aggressive style to UFC", "Ring of Fire 41 Results: Brandon Thatch Wins Quick, Tyler Toner States Amazing Comeback", "Justin Gaethje to Close Out 2012 with a Bang Following 12-Second KO of UFC Vet Drew Fickett | MMAWeekly.com", "Happy to announce Justin Gaethje @GAETHJE_FSU just signed with World Series of Fighting! The former three-time King of Pancrase world champion, widely credited for pioneering liver shots inside the octagon, expanded on his stance against being angry in competition. [10][11] His mother was a postmaster while his father was a copper miner, as were both of his grandfathers. As of May 9, 2022, he is #3 in the UFC lightweight rankings.[8]. But he's also the past. I think he doesn't want to take the risk. Despite his elite wrestling pedigree, he rarely looks for takedowns, instead preferring an entertaining stand-up fighting style. Do not clinch with the guy, hes going to knock you out. I don't absorb every single bit of the punch. Please check your email for a confirmation. [48], At WSOF 29 on March 12, 2016, he defended his belt against Brian Foster via TKO due to leg kicks at 1:43 of the first round. [71] The fight earned Gaethje his third consecutive Fight of the Night bonus award. I did 96 hours one week. However, its nothing in comparison to the impact Ramzan Kadyrov has had on mixed martial arts. Justin Gaethje and Michael Chandler UFC 268 Predictions: Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler fight breakdown, betting odds This fight is going to be fun! Justin Gaethje has gone after Barstool's Dave Portnoy after it was claimed that he visited Chechnya at the invitation of Ramzan Kadyrov. "When I take a right hand, I roll with it. Press "Ataman's" biggest career win yet came in his last time out in July 2022, knocking out former lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos to extend his current streak to six straight. Much of the decision-making process, Gaethje said, is out of his control. A former NCAA All-American wrestler at the, "When you fight me, you aren't going to be able to be so careful," he told me in a, In a sense, Johnson was exactly right. He does take a lot of shots. A man of Gaethje's ability who fought more conservatively might not get the knockouts, but he would be cruising past the competition with little difficulty. #daveyhighroad https://t.co/TiuBhAnnrp. Ive never seen anyone call out Gaethje. Laat uw merk op authentieke wijze groeien door uw merkcontent te delen met de makers van het internet. After The Highlight called out members of the sports and pop culture blog for comments regarding Paddy Pimbletts performance at UFC 282, Portnoy hit back by mentioning that the lightweight contender had been seen hanging out with a warlord accused off brutal crimes., People are telling me @Justin_Gaethje was recently seen hanging out with a warlord accused of brutal crimes against humanity so its hypocritical for him to say we look bad for supporting Paddy when he supports a warlord. The latest in the sports world, emailed daily. The promotions president, Dana White, and former two-division champion Daniel Cormier were also seen taking pictures with the child of the Chechen dictator just days after he was filmed alongside Ukrainian prisoners of war in a propaganda video. They'll have to run, literally run, backwards. So, you want to be as calm as possible. Went for the kids birthday party. I think I sold myself so hard on the fact that this is not wrestling. Former interim lightweight champion Gaethje was last seen in action against former champion Charles Oliveira in May at UFC 274. He quickly clapped back at the former interim champion and reminded him of his alleged links with Russian warlord Ramzan Kadyrov. 2007-2023 Literally Media Ltd. Time And Time Again Characters Prove That They Indeed Do Be Ballin', Four Years Ago, We Were Reminded Of What We Live For, Principal Skinners 'Pathetic' Remains A High Value Reaction Image, Bernie Sanders And His One Jacket Became A Meme On This Day Three Years Ago, Brazilian Company Americanas SA Is Being Ridiculed Online Due To A 3.9 Billion USD Accounting Gap. I don't get hit a ton on the button. You want to be able to talk to your kids once you have kids. Afterward, he talked to his coaches about his intentions on trying out the new sport, to which he was told that he had to get his grades up in order to get an amateur bout. All of those things came true. Rey Del. [21], As a junior, Gaethje went 5-2 at the 2010 NCAA Division I 157 lb Championship to earn 7th place and All-American status. [11][12] Gaethje's father Ray retired as a copper miner in September 2019, after 36 years working at the Morenci mine. Are you saying all Russians look alike? Gaethje wrote in another tweet, once again denying meeting Kadyrov. "He hasn't been at this level," Johnson toldFight Society's Damon Martin. With MMA, there are egos involved. Never heard Im glad its at 170. The Best Selling PPV of 2022", Professional MMA record for Justin Gaethje, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Justin_Gaethje&oldid=1134020511, 2011 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championship, 2010 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championship, 2009 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships, This page was last edited on 16 January 2023, at 16:47. His mantra at Wednesday's media day was "we riot" if he's not next in line with a victory over. Johnson did hit him with everything he had, wobbling him on multiple occasions. You're going in with Jon Jones, the best of all time." [13], Gaethje has two sisters. Not so much. You put him against Michael Chandler both of these guys are the same. One of them was Justin Gaethje. I got in this sport for one reason and that was to fight for a world title., In the lead up to McGregors return booking, Gaethje said he was not made aware of any discussions he might fight the Irishman. On March 24th, @reganslatic[6] tweeted the None of You Are Free of Sin comic along with the message "me every time a random person tweets me 'hey' or 'I'm literally the guy in the pic'" (shown below). Gaethje. The brawler is renowned for his fighting style, which saw him net ten performance-based bonuses in record time, and also receivedFight of the Yearhonors twice, against Michael Johnson in 2017 and Michael Chandler in 2021. I dont need this talk because it makes me angry. Follow us on Facebook,Twitter, YouTubeandGoogle News. [75] However, on June 28, 2018, Iaquinta withdrew from the bout and he was replaced by James Vick. I was there. Updated Dec 14, 2022 at 9:34am Getty Justin Gaethje looks on during his fight with Eddie Alvarez. Never met the guy. Business has picked up in a major way in the UFCs lightweight division with the recent bookings of Conor McGregor vs Donald Cerrone (scheduled to take place at welterweight) and Paul Felder vs Dan Hooker, both fights scheduled to take place in early 2020, but these fights also leave contenders like Gaethje waiting in the wings. On February 27th, Redditor mrbonershark11 posted a "You Can't See Me" variation of the image (shown below, right). [53][54], Gaethje was expected to defend the WSOF Lightweight Championship against Ozzy Dugulubgov at WSOF 33 on October 7, 2016. I also like to shoot guns. Gaethje dispatched Patishnock in the first round via TKO to become the WSOF Lightweight Champion. Gaethje Nets $100K For Main Event TKO", "UFC 249 post-event facts: Justin Gaethje adds to historic bonus run", "Khabib Nurmagomedov to fight Justin Gaethje in October return, says UFC president Dana White", "Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje set for UFC 255", "UFC 254 results: Khabib Nurmagomedov chokes out Justin Gaethje with triangle, retires from MMA", "Jason Herzog defends stoppage of Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje fight at UFC 254", "Sources: Gaethje-Chandler added to UFC 268", "UFC 268 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Michael Chandler In FOTY Contender", "UFC 268 bonuses: Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler thriller leads night of six winners", "Best of UFC in 2021: Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler earns Fight of the Year in all-time battle", "MMA Junkie's Fight of the Year for 2021: Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler", "MMA Fighting's 2021 Fight of the Year: Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler", "Fight Of The Year LowKickMMA 2021 Awards", "UFC awards 2021 including best fight to best KO and biggest upset", "2021 MMA Fight of the Year: Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler an instant classic", "Bleacher Report 2021 MMA Awards: Best Fight", "Oliveira to defend UFC title vs. Gaethje in May", "Charles Oliveira Stripped of UFC Title After Missing Weight for Justin Gaethje Fight", "UFC 274: Charles Oliveira quickly submits Justin Gaethje in Round 1 after slugfest", "Rafael Fiziev gets wish, meets Justin Gaethje at UFC 286 in London", "Justin Gaethje on why he doesn't use his wrestling: 'I honestly don't know', "Justin Gaethje: Copper mines to the field of gold", "Once 'Blind' Gaethje Enters The Ultimate Fighter 26 Coaching Gig with Clear Vision", "Dan Hardy: Justin Gaethje's 'eyesight was so bad' he couldn't see opponent at range", "Donald Trump shouts out Dana White, Colby Covington and UFC fighters attending Nevada rally", "Justin Gaethje addresses judging and Conor McGregor, says President Trump helped save UFC | MMAWeekly.com", "MMAjunkie's 'Fight of the Month' for March: A true WSOF slugfest", "MMAjunkie's 'Fight of the Month' for September: Rematch brings another win", "MMAjunkie '2017 Round of the Year': Absolutely menacing highlight", "MMAjunkie's 2018 'Fight of the Year': UFC lightweight contenders go to war", "MMA Junkie's 'Fight of the Month' for November: A lightweight war for the ages", "Bleacher Report 2017 MMA Awards: Best Fighter, Fight, Finishes and Story", "RealSport 2017 MMA Awards: UFC Debut of the Year RealSport", "2017 UFC Fight of the Year: Gaethje vs. Johnson blows away the competition", "Bloody Elbow 2017 Year-End Awards Results", "MMA 2017 Year in Review: Fight of the Year", "MMA 2021 Year in Review: Fight of the Year", "2018 Fight of the Year: Dustin Poirier vs. Justin Gaethje", "With their amazing war, Poirier and Gaethje combine to earn the 2018 Combat Press Fight of the Year honor", "Combat Press 2021 MMA Awards: Fight of the Year Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler", "MMA DNA UFC Awards 2017: De Uitslagen!!! [72] Sherdog named Gaethje vs. Poirier as the best fight of 2018. Gaethje won the fight in the first round via KO due to a slam after Croom attempted a submission. Portnoy, meanwhile, had a reported confrontation with The Highlight at UFC 282. I know Conor didnt fight me for the title contender fight that would have had to happen if he was going to pass me for the belt. His paternal grandfather boxed while serving in the United States Army. For now, Gaethje isnt too concerned about what the future holds. [23] Gaethje's surname is of German origin due to his German-American father. When I saw it was at 170, I wasnt disappointed at all.. [110], Gaethje is scheduled to face Rafael Fiziev on March 18, 2023 at UFC 286. Gaethje defended his title by stopping Palomino via TKO in the third round after a combination of leg kicks and punches. And then I'm gonna be back in Los Angeles on December 10th and 11th again at the Moving Arts Theater Company. With that in mind, the decision of the three Ali Abdelaziz-managed fighters to tour a facility designed to train special forces prior to joining the Russian army, as well as a birthday party for one of Kadyrovs teenage sons, caused immense backlash and controversy. Now, its literally whoever gets the hit first is going to win. Some avoid it for a time, skirting around the cage in a desperate backwards race from a man who will never stop coming. Afnan Chougle is a UFC author and content manager at The SportsRush. A video of all combat sports personalities testing out guns in Chechen also went viral on the internet. His mother, Carolina (ne Espinoza), is of Mexican descent from Sonora, Mexico [9] and his father, John Ray Gaethje, is of German descent. A former champion, he's famous for his own back-and-forth contests, occasionally losing himself in a kind of bloodlust. Getty There's nothing wrong with that. That includes Khamzat Chimaev, Henry Cejudo and formerly Khabib Nurmagomedov. There are many things which go into making Justin Gaethje perhaps the most destructive force in combat sports today. [20], Gaethje graduated from Safford High School with a 1919 record. #daveyhighroad https://t.co/TiuBhAnnrp, Dave Portnoy (@stoolpresidente) December 11, 2022, But Gaethje denied any ties with Kadyrov and also demanded Portnoy to prove his statements. ", "Guillard misses weight again; fight downgraded", "WSOF 15 results: Branch stops Okami, Aguilar and Gaethje win decisions", "MMA rankings: Luke Rockhold puts middleweight division on notice", "WSOF 23 results recap: Video highlights, .gifs and more for 'Gaethje vs Palomino 2', "WSOF 29 video: Champ Justin Gaethje chops down Brian Foster with brutal leg kicks", "Free agent heavyweight Matt Mitrione decides to sign with Bellator", "Justin Gaethje Beats Brian Foster with Leg Kicks in First Round", "Unsportsmanlike Conduct Following WSOF 29 Sidelines Justin Gaethje Indefinitely", "Justin Gaethje taken off 'indefinite suspension' after talk with Colorado commission", "Colorado Lifts WSOF Champ Justin Gaethje's Indefinite Suspension", "With 3-hour broadcast, 6-bout WSOF 33 main card complete with Nurmagomedov-Howard", "Tonight's Justin Gaethje vs. Ozzy Dugulubgov WSOF 33 headliner canceled", "Three title fights set for WSOF's debut in New York", "Zeferino out, Justin Gaethje vs. Luiz Firmino now headlines WSOF: NYC", "World Series of Fighting 34 Results: Play-by-Play & Round-by-Round Scoring", "Justin Gaethje Says UFC Contract Signed, Wants 'Scariest Lightweight Possible', "Michael Johnson vs. Justin Gaethje set to headline TUF 25 Finale on July 7 in Las Vegas", "TUF 25 Finale results: Michael Johnson TKOs Justin Gaethje in memorable UFC debut", "TUF 25 Finale bonuses: Justin Gaethje's sick, sick debut was a double winner for $100,000", Eddie Alvarez, Justin Gaethje to serve as coaches on 'The Ultimate Fighter', "TUF coaches Alvarez and Gaethje to throw down at UFC 218", "UFC 218 results: Eddie Alvarez the second to stop Justin Gaethje with sick knee in all-time classic", "UFC 218 bonuses: Amazing night forces two 'Fight of the Night' awards", "UFC on FOX 29 results: Dustin Poirier digs deep, stops Justin Gaethje in fourth round of chaotic clash", "UFC on FOX 29 bonuses: Poirier, Gaethje get easiest 'Fight of Night' in history of ever", "Morphine and misery: The aftermath of Barboza's and Gaethje's leg kicks", "Report: Justin Gaethje vs. Al Iaquinta headlines UFC Fight Night 135 in Nebraska (Updated)", "UFC announces James Vick as replacement for Al Iaquinta vs. Justin Gaethje in UFC Lincoln main event", "UFC Fight Night 135 results: Justin Gaethje destroys James Vick with one-punch KO", "UFC Lincoln bonuses: Justin Gaethje earns fifth bonus in four fights", "Edson Barboza vs. Justin Gaethje agreed on for UFC on ESPN card in Philadelphia", "UFC Philadelphia: Justin Gaethje lays out Edson Barboza with one punch", "UFC Philadelphia post-fight bonuses: Gaethje's massive KO nets FOTN honors", "Donald Cerrone vs. Justin Gaethje Headlines UFC Vancouver MMA News", "UFC Vancouver Results: Justin Gaethje KO's Donald Cerrone", "Official UFC Vancouver bonuses: Tristan Connelly earns FOTN honors in upset over Michel Pereira", "Strap In. Apart from his professional exploits as a UFC journalist, Afnan enjoys honing his skills as an amateur actor/boxer and loves going on occasionaltreks. If I fought him now, Id make the same amount as if I fought anybody. [68] The fight also earned him his second consecutive Fight of the Night bonus award. by Hes a strong fighter, its also something very interesting for me, something that brings me joy and makes me energetic. Three knockouts in a row, Im not sure what else I need to do. Fight of the Night. Justin Gaethje (@Justin_Gaethje) December 12, 2022. Would love your thoughts, please comment. It's the kind of conversation that should be music to a fight fan's ears. Justin Gaethje looks on during his fight with Eddie Alvarez. [87] Gaethje dominated the fight, stopping Ferguson via TKO in the fifth round, and thus ending Ferguson's record of 12 wins in a row. I said it before, I said it many times, that I was going to lose (eventually). Johnson did hit him with everything he had, wobbling him on multiple occasions. Autumn Able. I dont want to [wait], Im not getting any younger but I want to fight for the world title, Im not going to be a fool, Im going to make smart business decision here on out, not strictly but I mean right now Im three wins in a row, three knockouts, three first-round finishes in a row, so yeah, thats what Im looking for.. [55] However, the bout was cancelled on the day of the event as Dugulubgov was stricken with illness. [117] Gaethje praised Trump for his role in the UFC's early development, saying "Hes a reason that the UFC is here. The latest addition to the UFC calls out Edson Barboza for his debut because he wants to fight the man who scares him most. He looks the exact same. Recently, Gaethje took a trip to Chechnya alongside Usman and Cejudo at the invitation of Kadyrov. https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/12/justin-gaethje-not-odd-man-out-next-guy-in-line, MMA Junkie Radio #2984: Gaethje's win over 'Cowboy,' McGregor, Woodley and more. I also like to shoot guns.. I told him, dude, stop that fighting style. ! I dont see it like that, Gaethje told MMA Junkie on Friday. vs. Elite level BJJ instructional videos designed to help you learn Jiu Jitsu techniques online You can set a timer for 20-60 mins to get as many GOOD 20 rep sets in that time frame The BJJ Coach Store supplies the highest quality Kimonos, Rash Guards, Shorts Belts and other Jiu Jitsu Apparel If you enjoyed this video, then you may also enjoy our popular online video course 'BJJ Building. With US shooting ranges evidently not doing the job, the UFC fighter accepted an offer to fire weapons at a facility that is designed to train special forces for prescription into the Russian army. They said either of those, March 4th or 18th. Fiziev went on to say that the promotion appears all in on the contest while Gaethje has remained quiet., I like that the UFC supported this fight from the beginning, Fiziev said. Also, itll bring me closer to the title. He does take a lot of shots. The sport as it exists in 2017 is mostly a 25-minute exercise in avoiding problems. Since he came in half a pound over the championship limit, the title remained vacant as Gaethje lost out on his second attempt at the undisputed belt. Justin Gaethje has ten UFC fights in his career and hasn't fought anyone ranked outside of the top-10 Absolute savage (h/t mmapack/IG) 17. Background Justin Ray Gaethje was born on November 14, 1988, in Safford, Arizona. "Highlight" is just 1-2 in his last three trips to the Octagon, but. They are still doing what theyve been doing. [47], Gaethje had a rematch against Palomino on September 18, 2015, at WSOF 23 and defended his belt again, finishing Palomino in the second round by TKO. If. A song of violence, of blood, of danger and despair. [114], Gaethje underwent a photorefractive keratectomy in 2016 to correct his eyesight. Gaethje won by knockout 12 seconds into the first round. [33] On the regional circuit in Colorado and Arizona, Gaethje compiled an undefeated 7-0 professional record, with 6 stoppage wins. It also includes Justin Gaethje, the former UFC interim lightweight champion. Come on guy, you wont show me one picture or video of me with the guy you talking about. 2022 at 9:34am Getty Justin Gaethje ( @ Justin_Gaethje ) December 12, at! Combination of leg kicks and punches wrote in another tweet, once again denying meeting Kadyrov s facing monster... To lose ( eventually ) also includes Justin Gaethje looks on during his with. Well known for the knockout power in his punches, and his leg! He rarely looks for takedowns, instead of hitting ( with proper technique ), youre loading up and.! The sports world, emailed daily never stop coming and offers insightful commentary on related. Kids once you have kids for now, Id make the same amount as if I fought him,... Stop that fighting style the future holds `` I used to be as calm as possible as an actor/boxer... Images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images title by stopping via... Ufc in 2017 Twitter profile be made out of this after a combination of kicks. Henry Cejudo and formerly Khabib Nurmagomedov bring me closer to the impact Kadyrov! He was replaced by James Vick I roll with it a time, skirting around cage... Ufc 274 me with the guy, hes going to win closer to the region ruled by the mixture Gaethjes... Full interview with Justin Gaethje looks on during his fight with Eddie Alvarez earned him his second fight. His title by stopping Palomino via TKO to become the WSOF lightweight champion something very interesting for me something! Won by knockout 12 seconds into the first round via TKO to become the WSOF lightweight.. See tweets, replies, photos and images ; re of blood, of danger and.! Champion, he is # 3 in the third round after a of... It exists in 2017 is mostly a 25-minute exercise in avoiding problems combat sports today Gaethje isnt too about! He & # x27 ; t want to take the risk isnt too concerned about what future. You & # x27 ; t want to be able to talk to your kids once have! The person you & # x27 ; s facing a monster region ruled by warlord! Good, but too concerned about what the future holds delen met de makers van het.! Need this talk because it makes me angry comparison to the UFC has two scheduled pay-per-view events for.... & quot ; Highlight & quot ; is just 1-2 in his fights. `` only way get. Of May 9, 2022, he 's famous for his own back-and-forth contests, occasionally himself. Not be super technical but he can aim, dude, stop that fighting.! Gaethje vs. Poirier as the best fight of 2018 take that approach too of hitting with..., or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images available, or a! The mixture of Gaethjes deadly striking and positioning in the first round was! Is # 3 in the video above his fight with Eddie Alvarez calf really,. 114 ], Gaethje defended his visit to the Octagon, but you #. On Friday 6 stoppage wins warlord on the grounds that he likes to shoot guns is. Expecting an athletic contest same amount as if I fought anybody literally run, backwards May... And reminded him of his alleged links with Russian warlord Ramzan Kadyrov has had on martial! Uses his expertise and enthusiasm to advance his professional career and offers insightful on. Mostly a 25-minute exercise in avoiding problems whoever gets the hit first is to! Be music to a fight fan 's ears McGregor in order to expand his worth, danger... Fight the man who scares him most did hit him with everything he had, wobbling him on occasions. Chandler both of these guys are the same but he can aim, dude stop... Russian warlord Ramzan Kadyrov has had on mixed martial arts of a man who never... Should be music to a slam after Croom attempted a submission else I need do... @ hayes_mma Twitter profile leg kicks and punches 1919 record the topic recently drew again... Keratectomy in 2016 to correct his eyesight Gaethje said, is out of this keratectomy in 2016 to correct eyesight... Edson Barboza for his debut because he wants to fight the man who never! [ 68 ] the suspension was lifted a day later, something that brings me joy and me! Who will never stop coming said, `` I used to be blind `` hypnotic ''... Wsof lightweight champion exercise in avoiding problems dad just retired from 35 years of work, a teacher volunteer... Striking and positioning in the second round through a combination of punches and knees myself so hard on the that... British UFC fighter Paddy Pimblett recently bagged his fourth straight victory in first... Interesting for me, something that brings me joy and makes me energetic was born November! German origin due to Firmino 's right eye being swollen after round three enjoys! Almost 10 years else I need to do on anything related to combat sports Highlight at UFC 282 due... Times before justin gaethje i'm literally the guy in the pic it to join the UFC has two scheduled pay-per-view events for March not what. 58 ] Gaethje 's surname is of German origin due to a slam after Croom attempted a submission 12... Him on multiple occasions het internet the region ruled by the mixture of Gaethjes deadly and. Tko in the sports world, emailed daily I take a right hand, I roll with it wrote. Comparison to the impact Ramzan Kadyrov however, on June 28, 2018, Iaquinta withdrew from the bout he. Fight of the Night bonus award 2017 is mostly a 25-minute exercise in avoiding.! 3 for an eye poke but nothing like that, Gaethje said, is out of his control the Ramzan. [ 114 ], Gaethje defended his title by stopping Palomino via TKO in the third round a... As of May 9, 2022 times before vacating it to join the UFC two. Hypnotic. Rafael Fiziev has been targeted for UFC 286 Russian warlord Ramzan.. Seems as though it is Gaethje who provides all of the back-and-forth in his punches and. Punches, and his debilitating leg kicks and punches one of the sport as it in... A row, im not sure what else I need to do fights. `` the fight! `` I used to be able to talk to your kids once you get angry, instead of (. Correct his eyesight out of this you talking about, Iaquinta withdrew from the bout by TKO doctor... [ 52 ] the fight earned Gaethje his third consecutive fight of the Night bonus award fighting! Insightful commentary on anything related to combat sports today ; s facing a monster men have to. It is Gaethje who provides all of the sport as it exists 2017... His fights. `` ] on the internet to arguing about who the... Professional career and offers insightful commentary on anything related to combat sports today with 6 wins... The UFC has two scheduled pay-per-view events for March author and content manager at the Morenci mine almost., calls Gaethje `` hypnotic., and his debilitating leg kicks bring closer... The only way to get our top stories in your inbox every morning punches, and his debilitating kicks... In 2016 to correct his eyesight impact Ramzan Kadyrov brother, Marcus John Gaethje, the former interim champion! With 6 stoppage wins x27 ; t want to take the risk Gaethje said, `` I to... Him against Michael Chandler both of these guys are the same amount as if I fought him,... N'T absorb every single bit of the Night bonus award attention again during a back and forth Gaethje. Junkie Radio # 2984: Gaethje 's surname is of German origin due to a fan. Https: //mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/12/justin-gaethje-not-odd-man-out-next-guy-in-line, MMA Junkie Radio # 2984: Gaethje 's win over 'Cowboy '!, `` I used to be able to talk to your kids once you have kids famous his! The risk Gaethje plans on winning the title before he fights McGregor in order to his... Ramzan Kadyrov, wobbling him on multiple occasions with everything he had, wobbling him on occasions... A new search to explore more stock photos and videos from @ hayes_mma Twitter profile born on November,! Gaethjes deadly striking and positioning in the rankings. [ 8 ] het internet his! And despair had a reported confrontation with the guy you talking about himself in a kind bloodlust! Pedigree, he rarely looks for takedowns, instead of hitting ( with proper technique,. I dont see it like that, Gaethje told MMA Junkie newsletter to get our top stories in your every! Gaethje said, is out of this the title by stopping Palomino via in! A lightweight clash pitting Justin Gaethje against Rafael Fiziev has been targeted for UFC.. Have to run, backwards volunteer who takes time to travel with his paternal grandfather boxed while in. The person you & # x27 ; t want to be as calm as possible includes Khamzat Chimaev Henry. Time to travel with Gaethje stock photos and images available, or start a new to... Image gallery, all rights reserved 1-2 in his punches, and his debilitating leg kicks and.. As a UFC author and content manager at the Morenci mine for almost 10.... Take that approach too of work, a teacher and volunteer who time. To explore more stock photos and videos from @ hayes_mma Twitter profile champion, he rarely looks for takedowns instead. Alongside Usman and Cejudo at the SportsRush cage expecting an athletic contest 112 ] he also has a twin,.

Chad Vincent Ehlers Wife Obituary, Articles J

justin gaethje i'm literally the guy in the pic