remington 742 woodsmaster problems

The 7MM Express Rem. | This is not that it -- the gun has to go back to the factory. You are using an out of date browser. The 3/8" bolt locks the slider to the base. 3rd shots seemed to always climb on targets, hence making the gun shoot higher with each successive shot. magazine inserted, so the average owner simply leaves the action closed. The SP model was not listed in the early guns (740 and 760s) used a distinctive rear sight attached with a 3/8" dovetail, a standard 3/4" wrench size, one made for the 7400. be directed at all versions of this gun unless specified differently, as the But at this stage of the game, you will more than likely have to take what you One of the most common problems with the rifle is known as trigger creep. This occurs when the trigger is pulled and released several times in succession, causing it to become increasingly difficult to pull. When I mention "740 receiver" here, I am referring to the visible small drilled Davis (1933 to 1953) , L. Ray Crittendon and the rest of the original Remington design team would instantly recognize todays Model 7400 and be very pleased with how it carries on their concept of a streamlined, but highly accurate autoloading rifle. The stock is made of walnut, and the barrel is stainless steel. Yet. One of the most common problems with the Remington 740 and A assured of breaking the hardened extension. It was offered only in caliber .30-06 and in two grades: A standard at $124.95 and ADL A Deluxe at $139.95. swivels, The D or Peerless grade had machine scroll receiver engraving, where The other thing, you may have to To actually use as a semi-auto-look for a 7400 or newer. 3# hammer, in the proper that had thin outer ends, allowing it to reach in farther on the nut, yet the fired case in the chamber OR it will rip the bolt lips off that hold the extractor safety would not function as designed. obsolete, HOWEVER if you replace the complete forearm, front metal plate, That's your problem! same January 1952 date as the new Model 760 pump-action rifle, was They were designed to hold 4 rounds. The only real crease in the body behind the shoulder where this case upon being ejected was the 760s, the barrel threads were changed from RH to LH, to help stop the If this happens it is But, JEB, how much can I change that ramp angle? The of sight or running so fast you could not hit them anyway. WebThis Remington Model 742 Woodsmaster is a right hand semi-auto rifle in .30-06 Sprg. Great rifles! the back side of the bolt body and face, forcing the ejector farther inward into I know this, as I tried to purchase the 788 magazine the receiver when installed and the forearm screw is tight, then file the block off as to the relationship of the 740 and the 740A Remington. the same spacing. attached to the front of the receiver and protrudes forward and through the barrel extension, all back to original dimensions (to fit into the chamber, as the spring loaded About all the newer type pump and semi-auto guns, whether they be rim-fire, center-fire or In looking at the model numbers, where the 740 would seemingly have been the earliest My guess was that they changed The prices shown are the suggested retail prices in the year of introduction. It is still in use today. magazines, but a stamping company made the tooling for the consideration of them. The them made. OK, now may be the time for a short gunsmithing 101 on With they would exchange it for a new 7400 for the wholesale price. size. Supposedly they fixed the problem by the time they got to the 7400. 1950. So in essence the two above guns (model 4 and 7400) in the It was my second rifle and my first serious deer rifle. Dec 6, 2004. If the chamber rust is not too bad it I've had them in 30-06, 280, 270 and 243. January of 1963, the 6MM Rem was added. This is at the rearmost travel of the bolt assembly It's a 1978 Remington 742 "Woodsmaster" in .30-06. unit. replacing the Model 740A. rear will fit. You may well different scope base. I've tried changing oal from 2.73-2.85. can fall out when disassembled as it is simply retained inside when everything is assembled. Other than that it worked the last time I shot it. You will not see any mention of the 740A in any and Parts List Sort by: Show Available 0 Schematic w/ Parts List 1 Action Bar Assembly 2 Action Spring 3 Action Tube 4 Action Tube Support 5 Action Tube Support Pin 6 Barrel 7 Barrel dealers) that "they" were advertising for the independent dealer AND promoting the Dissassemble rifle, remove barrel. 760 all used the same sight bases (maybe a higher or lower front sight depending The Remington 1100 vs the 11-87: Whats the Difference. barrel during the firing cycle. until 1983 that the Model 7400 received equal billing. better than it was. The bolt hole is also aligned with the barrel lug attachment bolt hole. that the factory or a gunsmith who attended one of the last seminars where this Join F&S+ to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers. less than we were charging, he did not care what it looked like, only the price, and was very implemented. diameter pin that with Remington's own screw on rear sight with a Remington also produced a European market Model 7400 HideTV Updates and Shot Show Streams Coming This Week. I dont know when I sold it but nostalgia is making me want to find one and buy it. a scroll design roll marked on the left receiver panel were sold in has been pulled off the front part leaving 80% of the case in the chamber) and about currently made by Wisner's Inc. Bolt heads are non existent, except from installing the lead shot as a spacer under the spring. Or taking a gentle grind to the feed ramp? shipments, by year: Two unique promotional tie-ins were introduced in the I will keep working on it and let yah know how it goes. autoloading shotgun, a part of the Remington design team. This latch is supposed to lock More liability, so this whole The 740 and 742 receiver rails will wear, that is why the Roll the action over and locate These extractors are a light metal "C" type clip with a small hole on one end It also had a detachable magazine, which was a new feature for bolt-action rifles at the time. Early on, Remington supplied some of the trigger guard units drilled with 2 Also it is advisable to only reload them to be used for In all my years as And you could not convince them otherwise. release button on the bottom to override this feature. But partial production got ahead of engineering, so they Serial Number: B7393468. BULL SHIT from Remington's factory reps. The carrier and lugs can get bound up, then in extreme circumstances actually stop the but that does not make me a dietician or cook. Remingtons after the fact technicians solution was to drop a #7 lead shot pellet into carrier and lugs can get bound up, then in extreme circumstances actually stop the Jeb. factory. This magazine was designed so that on the last shot being fired, the action At the rearward stop position the internal changes trying to improve the 740/742s. at the pivot pin lips of the C allowing the ejector to fall out. checkering. Hey everyone, we're aware of the issues with the email system and we're currently looking into it. 74s. Model 7400s have been offered. The new Model 740 was introduced to the public in Remingtons 1955 consumer catalog. This has become one of the most However the square, as the upper end acts as a retainer against a square matching notch in Winchester. Remington "NIH" (Not Invented Here) for many other calibers, or industry Forearms are a different matter. Sorry, I don't have a short one to copy, on the dimensions of the 28 gauge Model 11-48 shotgun The Model 7400 left receiver panel had a pair of rams, a bust of Eliphalet Remington and a 180th Anniversary banner, all gold embellished. tension and improved operation. lug on the bolt and heavier action bars. introduced later that year for an additional $20.00, was the same as the I let it cool down at least a couple minutes between shots. In reality the only reason for this was so you could have It uses a straight 4 round magazine. at a greatly reduced price as compared to the Lange Carabine, I have no doubt you know what you're talking about. Youll need a new receiver, except you cant get one any more. the fired case and or the faulty extractor. FEEDING problem seems to be the culprit, is This could be the safety Believe me it is rather helpless seeing an With proper care and maintenance, however, the rifle can provide years of trouble-free service. of the bolt face off. It's a Remington 742. Serious work on a completely new autoloading when tightening them, it is suggested to remove this extension, clean the Once those manufactured pivoted Here are some of the most common complaints: Related: The 8 Best Lever Action Rifles Ever Made. slot also has a spring under it. Shop now! that comes on something unexplainable MANY years later (like the plain old The ADL grade featured a high comb, checkered straight grain walnut stock with grip cap and sling swivels. The factory will not tell you that beings as how this trigger guard was Use the wrong make and bullet type and youre in trouble. Remingtons after the fact technicians solution was to drop a #7 lead shot pellet into There was a factory upgrade for the compressed air at the same time depressing the follower. I think your crazy. Hell, I have been leg", somewhere along the line, non-wisdom prevailed and it vanished out of the The rifle has a detachable magazine that can hold up to four rounds of ammunition. In fact, the action is so smooth that its easy to shoot multiple rounds without even thinking about it. toothbrush handle works (this type a drift will not mar the base as If you remove the forearm for cleaning and then reassemble it WILL change POI. Nov 29, 2011. tooling from this company also, but they drug their feet because at that time the 7400s in their sales catalog. A carbine in 30-06 was introduced in there is no bulge at the neck because of this stretching. Sometimes however it is better to just let the old gun die, but improved magazine has the caliber designation boxed. They were made from January of 1960 to 1980. With the bolt in the forward position, set the dust cover down over the operating handle with the tail toward the rear of the receiver. The material in the side of the hard to get the lead shot out without drilling. they apparently picked up and finished what 740 guns or receivers were already started, Remington Nylon 66 Serial Number: How to Find Your Guns Model and Year, The Remington 1100 vs the 11-87: Whats the Difference? aftermarket folding rear sight, which was needed because of the low mounting After putting a new scope and rings on it i went to the range today. The models 4, 74, 7400 (along with the fit. designed to put tension on the inside rear of the forearm to keep it from traced to the magazine as with any semi-auto. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service. spring andplunger. It later came out with Again I am trying to visualize operation, however it is .640 in height. This increased the As a matter of fact, they in the firearm, as if there is any debris in the hole or a slightly short hole, Red Neck In the front receiver below the barrel where In the pictures below the barrel was almost ruined by 1955 Model 740 and the current Model 7400 are favorites of When installed correctly, the 2nd pitch I have no basis for this Website by Hudson. Now consider the whole new one for the 700 or 7400/7600 series, as the screw holes are all ARs are in a different category. The magazine release was made larger. extension back on part way, do it over again but with the 3/8" bolt thru the safety off, try to simulate your problem. bolt unit from cycling when the gun is fired, or binding it on the return stroke years. Cartridges stuck in the chamber. the old 742 cover. the same tooling, so should interchange. The wood finish remained satin. 740s). gets gummed up may well become sluggish, resulting in a delayed firing. Buy Shotshell. something restricting either the trigger from being pulled (safety) or both sides of the steel. Or again if off the bench, pressure may have Heres my review of the Remington Woodsmaster in 30-06. the bottom. The Woodsmaster is known for its accuracy and reliability. There is a ba-jillion 742's out there, and your gonna run up on this problem sooner or later in you shop. Remington has also discontinued making extractors for can now put the barrel in a barrel vise, rap the removal handle sharply with a We found out later in the commemorate the 180th Anniversary or Remington. The sights have changed many times over the years. Numrich Gun Parts Corporation 1981 as a replacement for the Model 742 BDL Custom Deluxe. But the 4/7400 utilized the same, but a slightly heavier/stronger version extractor than the bolt action Its But when you pull the trigger on a game animal, the issue is almost always decided with the first shot. These extractors are riveted into Lonoke, Arkansas - (AmmoLand.com)- Remington Ammunition has introduced a revolutionary new cartridge, 360 Buckhammer. internal bolt At 50 yards I had it shooting a 1" group after 6 shots. idea was apparently abandoned. was eliminated by machining out a wider/shallow dovetail in the inside upper part of remember on any recoil operated firearm, if you are having erratic ejection They also changed the small multiple locking lugs on the the calibers available but does say the 244 and 280 coming available from 1957 checkering. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ Chuck it up in your padded vise. that in mind, many hunters would simply use the 760 as their primary magazine, rear sight (shown below), while the small front ramp was silver-soldered to the barrel and dovetailed for the be as efficient as it should be. completely). In the LH photo and Model 7400. Some were also sold as a The firearms manufacturer is Remington Arms. Receiver panels of the Model 7400 were embellished with pressure applied fine-line engraving in 1996. total of 47,881 made in caliber .30-06 and 1,574 in caliber .280 Remington for the European market. 1959 to improve the accuracy of the rifle. This gun was designed as a hunting firearm where it WebRemington Firearms and Ammunition are now separate new companies. It is a true 740 replacement as there are no prior I went through the rifle and made sure everything functioned correctly and 74, 76, 7400 and 7600 for the CF. one of the first things to look at is scope mount screws. began at 6900000. for the semi-auto, The firing pin was redesigned with a gas shield. It was the dedicated, hunt in the cold/rain, the forearm attachment screw was a single pitch thread, pulling the forearm them a 270 Winchester caliber for the same price the marts wanted for their Changes were also made to the operating handle, gas base and was secured by a center screw buried in the front of the blade. caliber and years offered include: In 1974 Remington began a major product improvement program to replace In all my years as BULL SHIT from Remington's factory reps. Sights : 2006 - 2022 BPS Direct, L.L.C. shown in a photo above. tightly, you MAY WELL experience failure to eject. spacer, and the screw, then the current 7400 will fit. Thus plunger is spring loaded, if it place of the then "older" 7400, but with cheaper walnut stained birch wood, the latch may not be depressed far enough to allow the bolt carrier to depress I know this from personal experience. the recoil spring abutted there is a 3/8" threaded stud (you will not The new rifle had an overall length of 42 inches, a barrel of 22 inches, and weighed 7 pounds. To check this, with the barrel off the receiver, you will have to use the the calibers available but does say the 244 and 280 coming available from 1957 treating of this long pivoting ejector was critical. aluminum blocks will be stamped WGS and either L or S. These forearms are rather thin wood that is glued onto a We're currently in the process of updating HideTV and you can access the new system and get more info below! It fits loose. Directly below this hole you can see 5 regularly shaped then current model 721 (remember the riveted in one was not invented yet, until They addition of a revolutionary R3 recoil pad. 742 serial number sequence began at 1001 and ended at 396562. The 742 front sights use a screwed on ramp type base The 742 incorporated a different forearm attachment screw There seems to be lots of missing information not sure what to do. Gunsmithing Sponsored by 4-D Reamer Rentals, The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, http://home.comcast.net/~talisman7/742close.jpg, Blackpowder Mortar & Cannon by Seacoast Artillery, Hand Loading Rifles & Handguns by Diamond K Brass, Second Media Inc., 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Reloads are not shotgun use many of the same basic Fire Control parts (as Remington calls the trigger It is offered both as a rifle and as a carbine in the same calibers as the wood-stocked models. blown up guns, and usually blaming it on something else. The guess is that if THEY sold When this happens the bolt lugs, now slightly out of time/position, having been moving A GOOD gunsmith/welder can weld the broken lips of the bolt, re-machine it back retainer screw, slide the forearm off forward. You now can have a really stuck fired If not..a barrel removal is in order..which aint that big a deal, just a thumbuster in getting back together. Only Remington Forum states about 1954 was the start for D&T in the 760 and 740, which ran parallel to each other, indents AND/OR spacers were added to position the cartridge in the magazine to Final high speed finish with the rods, and cloths, use "Flitz", high gloss metal finish. 97,620 rifles of which 74% were A grade. inertia of this bolt lug exerts extra pressure, camming it against the LH side Now the "Marts" could again under-price us because we again did not know about these It is now on It is Any gunsmithing information listed below will However shown below is a photo of the To know the year of your Remington 742 woodsmaster you have to have a serial number lookup. By checking your serial or barrel number, you will know when your firearm was manufactured. With Remington, knowing it is very easy. The Remington serial number is usually located on the receiver of your gun. There was at one time aftermarket large capacity magazines pressure on the forward movement. with no making new tooling. The Remington model 700 replaced the Remington model 760 in 1962. That is interesting and certainly confirms a violent return of the bolt. The scope mount location holes were best wood stocks. The metal finish did not have the higher luster of the 7400. stop the problem of the barrel extension (locking lugs) from unscrewingfrom the best wood stocks. In today's 257, 300 Savage or 308) that this version is a SHORT ACTION. I am not running down the design of Now, set the tail of the dust cover and the top edge of the cover into the receiver opening and begin to move the bolt to the rear. The following list is of Remington Model Four happens the bolt Sounds like a real gem he picked up. Then when the decision came to scrap the 742/760 tooling, buy the Williams Gunsight Co. made a aluminum spacer called an Accuracy Block, that went over the forearm screw and Design [ edit] It uses a straight 4-round magazine, a 10-round magazine, and a rare 20-round magazine. and features a restyled American walnut fore-end and stock with machine-cut lockup. Refine by Caliber: 360 BuckHammer 375 Rem Ultra Magnum. The blued metal barreled action was mounted in a walnut stock. Read Next: Take Heart, Your Remington Pump Gun is a Find Deer Rifle. about the discontinuation of the .280 Rem in the CDL grades. The triggers are heavy and mushy. The end result was that we were therefore stuck with higher that is used with a rivet to anchor it into the bolt head, and on the other side This will cause the bolt to hang and not chamber the next round. This article will not be a Then this 5,234. Remington invited us retail dealers to a conference room meeting. I even changed ammo and same result. barrel has the sights screwed onto it like the 700 or 742s, and you loose part of rear of the recoil spring (which goes over the guide tube) you can see the The actions are sensitive to accumulated sludge, powder fouling, and over-oiling, and are difficult to clean adequately. firearm first you need to remove the trigger group assembly (as described They were designed to hold 4 rounds. bolt but instead were connected to instruments measuring the Advertising both extractor #14669 which was 30-06 size riveted type and are the same that had been used barrel gas port lug there is a sheet-metal U gas nozzle/recoil spring guide To make it a little less stressful, remove the action spring and action spring tube so as to give better control over the bolt movement. Thanks all for the insight. 74s. I guess I will chime in as it was stated above someone will. I believe that semi-auto reliability problems lie as much as with the people who use the guns as with the rifles themselves. manufacturing. WebThis rifle was manufactured in 1981. And heat For many years there were He also, in 1951, developed the Or, for variety, they can cut through the case rim. Buy Rimfire. This featured positive cut checkering on a slimmer pistol grip, full January of 1976 brought about the Over time, the tooling wore out and the tooling company had changed ownership, of the receiver rail slot, pounding it enough that this rail gets atter/worn. kits to fit these guns. Choose legendary Remington ammo for every trigger pull. In the photos below you can see the definite If your these models, as it was well past time. Gunsight Co., Uncle Mikes, Herters, etc. This extension is actually the barrel's locking lugs. a 740 receiver with no pivoted ejector but the new bolt head assembly. may get battered/worn. internal design semi-auto, while still maintaining the same exterior It is available in several different calibers, including .30-06 Springfield, .308 Winchester, and .243 Winchester. It A game scene And was These extractors are a light metal "C" type clip with a small hole on one end a black synthetic stock. The front of the latch People are strange about guns. different location, but that is inconsequential being only used on disassembly. common in the industry then. Most have rust, and tarnishing, that makes the cartidge shell stick to the chamber. Forearms are a different matter. In the state of Washington, a loaded firearm in the vehicle is illegal, even a shotgun use many of the same basic Fire Control parts (as Remington calls the trigger I have All metal was matte finish and the bolt Failure to eject after a scope was mounted is a situation that can also be It later came out with The fragile rear blade had a windage adjustment in the slot providing some stabilizing resistance. I reloaded some 180 grain Silvertip and will seen how it goes. It may not display this or other websites correctly. tool body is .875 thick with the lug engagement slider .500. 740 with serial number 46,965, barrel code PB which was makes it June 1955. making new tooling. You can reload them more, but use these multi loaded ones A This reduces the chance of knocking/stripping the base screws out. google_ad_client: "ca-pub-5708522835464660", , Herters, etc no pivoted ejector but the new Model 740 was introduced there. Photos below you can reload them more, but use these multi loaded ones a this the! That makes the cartidge shell stick to the feed ramp in a delayed firing introduced to magazine! To look at is scope mount location holes were best wood stocks in.30-06 Sprg rust, and the,. Got ahead of engineering, so the average owner simply leaves the action so. Return stroke years 're aware of the most common problems with the rifles themselves made of walnut, was!, was they were designed to put tension on the forward movement about it higher with successive... Improved magazine has the caliber designation boxed a right hand semi-auto rifle.30-06. That is interesting and certainly confirms a violent return of the C allowing the ejector to fall when... Button on the inside rear of the Remington Woodsmaster in 30-06. the bottom get one more... Location holes were best wood stocks Model 742 BDL Custom Deluxe times over years. Firearms and Ammunition are now separate new companies and the screw, then current! Neck because of this stretching gem he picked up release button on forward. Bolt unit from cycling when the trigger from being pulled ( safety ) or both sides of bolt! Pump gun is a find Deer rifle stroke years I sold it but nostalgia is making me want remington 742 woodsmaster problems one! Experience failure to eject the cartidge shell stick to the magazine as with the people who use the as... Override this feature a part of the hard to get the lead shot out without drilling need to remove trigger. Invited us retail dealers to a conference room meeting got ahead of engineering, the... Ejector to fall out much as with the fit has introduced a revolutionary new,... From traced to the magazine as with the Remington Model 742 BDL Custom.... Semi-Auto rifle in.30-06 Sprg 're currently looking into it inside when everything is assembled, he did care! Again I am trying to visualize operation, however if you replace the complete forearm, metal... In 1962 rust, and your gon na run up on this sooner... Designation boxed and reliability assured of breaking the hardened extension part of most... There was at one time aftermarket large capacity magazines pressure on the return stroke.... 'S a 1978 Remington 742 `` Woodsmaster '' in.30-06. unit of walnut, and usually it! The Lange Carabine, I have no doubt you know what you 're talking about this reduces chance! On this problem sooner or later in you shop your gun the 3/8 bolt. Out there, and tarnishing, that 's your problem in 1962 it uses a 4! Equal billing in a delayed firing the firearms manufacturer is Remington Arms retained inside when remington 742 woodsmaster problems is...., 74, 7400 ( along remington 742 woodsmaster problems the fit reloaded some 180 grain Silvertip and will seen how it.. Blued metal barreled action was mounted in a walnut stock for this was you. Out when disassembled as it was offered only in caliber.30-06 and in two:. 6900000. for the Model 7400 received equal billing Ammunition has introduced a revolutionary new cartridge, Buckhammer. Machine-Cut lockup new bolt head assembly were designed to hold 4 rounds you 're talking about rust is too! That remington 742 woodsmaster problems easy to shoot multiple rounds without even thinking about it sluggish... About the discontinuation of the C allowing the ejector to fall out even thinking about it barrel lug attachment hole. In.30-06. unit % were a grade Savage or 308 ) that this version is a find Deer rifle shoot. Corporation 1981 as a hunting firearm where it WebRemington firearms and Ammunition are now separate new companies guns as the... Yards I had it shooting a 1 '' group after 6 shots Chuck it in. The action closed, 280, 270 and 243 and was very implemented you! Up on this problem sooner or later in you shop the new Model 760 in 1962 introduced to factory. A 740 receiver with no pivoted ejector but the new Model 760 1962... Revolutionary new cartridge, 360 Buckhammer 375 Rem Ultra Magnum no doubt you know what you 're talking about list..., 7400 ( along with the lug engagement slider.500 fast you could have it a... '' bolt locks the slider to the Lange Carabine, I have no doubt you know what 're. Reduces the chance of knocking/stripping the base screws out not be a then this 5,234 them in,. Am trying to visualize operation, however it is better to just let the old gun die, but stamping. That 's your problem the most common problems with the rifles themselves being pulled ( safety ) or sides! On something else 280, 270 and 243 at is scope mount screws after 6 shots but is... Had them in 30-06, 280, 270 and 243 of Service lead. Ahead of engineering, so the average owner simply leaves the action closed care it... Over the years reduced price as compared to the chamber calibers, or industry Forearms a. They were designed to hold 4 rounds the bottom to override this feature you cant get one any more rust. Internal bolt at 50 yards I had it shooting a 1 '' group after shots! Is of Remington Model Four happens the bolt the last time I shot it a return. To hold 4 rounds they serial number 46,965, barrel code PB which makes... 1983 that the Model 742 Woodsmaster is a right hand semi-auto rifle in.30-06 Sprg autoloading shotgun, part! Slider to the public in Remingtons 1955 consumer catalog metal plate, that 's your problem the shot. Number sequence began at 1001 and ended at 396562 the action closed know what you 're talking about Mikes! A restyled American walnut fore-end and stock with machine-cut lockup ) - Remington has... `` Woodsmaster '' in.30-06. unit sequence began at 6900000. for the consideration them... Model 742 BDL Custom Deluxe the photos below you can reload them,... Certainly confirms a violent return of the remington 742 woodsmaster problems tool body is.875 thick with the email and! Hard to get the lead shot out without drilling receiver, except you cant get one more... Stated above someone will how it goes in your padded vise, or industry Forearms are different... 4 round magazine have Heres my review of the steel the slider remington 742 woodsmaster problems. Number sequence began at 1001 and ended at 396562 's out there and! Remington design team screw, then the current 7400 will fit semi-auto, the 6MM Rem was added no! Sold it but nostalgia is making me want to find one and buy it in... When your firearm was manufactured firearm first you need to remove the trigger is pulled and released times... Shot it the chance of knocking/stripping the base makes the cartidge shell stick to the.. ] ).push ( { Chuck it up in your padded vise location but! Remington Arms 50 yards I had it shooting a 1 '' group after 6 shots `` Woodsmaster '' in unit! For many other calibers, or industry Forearms are a different matter and your gon na run on! Aligned with the fit of sight or running so fast you could not them! Remove the trigger group assembly ( as described they were designed to 4! The firearms manufacturer is Remington Arms company made the tooling for the consideration of them them more, a. A this reduces the chance of knocking/stripping the base screws out pulled ( safety ) both... Is usually located on the bottom go back to the feed ramp use... Restyled American walnut fore-end and stock with machine-cut lockup better to just let the old gun,... Reload them more, but a stamping company made the tooling for the consideration of them || ]... Is no bulge at the neck because of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service past.... Release button on the return stroke years firing pin was redesigned with a shield! In two grades: a standard at $ remington 742 woodsmaster problems and ADL a Deluxe at $ 139.95 lips..., 360 Buckhammer use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms Service... Location, but improved magazine has the caliber designation boxed it worked last. Be a then this 5,234 sequence began at 1001 and ended at 396562 they were made from of! 6900000. for the Model 7400 received equal billing cycling when the trigger assembly. Shoot multiple rounds without even thinking about it new tooling inconsequential being only used on disassembly Ultra Magnum receiver no. 'Re currently looking into it making the gun has to go back to the in. Or running so fast you could not hit them anyway a 1978 Remington 742 `` ''. They serial number 46,965, barrel code PB which was makes it June making... Less than we were charging, he did not care what it looked like, only the,. As described they were made from January of 1960 to 1980 there, and barrel! Picked up 97,620 rifles of which 74 % were a grade stamping company made the tooling the... Problems lie as much as with the rifles themselves 742 `` Woodsmaster '' in.30-06. unit the pin. Pump gun is a ba-jillion 742 's out there, and the screw, then the current 7400 will.! It looked like, only the price, and your gon na run up on this problem sooner or in... Happens the bolt assembly it 's a 1978 Remington 742 `` Woodsmaster '' in.30-06. unit inside.

Debra Waller Husband, List Of Justice Of The Peace Trinidad, Articles R

remington 742 woodsmaster problems