the birdcage indifference quote

Indifferent Quotes. "If you kill the mother, the fetus dies, too." Y know I can get it x-rayed. Agador: I know. Goldman Girl: Leave it, it's what they read. My co-founder has just died in the bed of an underage black whore! All rights reserved. Is the most important thing in the world. Fuck the senator, I don't give a damn what he thinks. Well, why not? Armand: So what? Or Twyla, Twyla, Twyla! A prostitute? The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Take it all! And Alberts practically a breast. And "you look rested" means "you've had collagen.". 7 biggest mistakes in Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, The 20 biggest mistakes in The Wizard of Oz, 40 biggest mistakes in The Big Bang Theory, 6 Cool things you've never noticed in movies, The biggest mistakes in the Harry Potter movies, 25 mistakes you never noticed in great movies, 7 mistakes in Beetlejuice you never spotted, More questions & answers from The Birdcage. Senator Kevin Keeley: Well, I was gonna say liberal, but he's dark too. F*** the senator, I don't give a damn what he thinks. The important thing to remember is not to go to pieces when that happens. I could not give a shit. Our everyday cares, making a living, the crazy rat race of life, often make us forget the value of a good deed. Mental illnesses such as depression or anxiety, use of certain medications, drugs or narcotics, and selfishness are also all causes of being an indifferent person as well. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. And it's true: you're not young, you're not new, and you do make people laugh. (Albert) I know, thats why Im packing light. Agador: [In what he thinks is a normal waiter's voice] Ah, but there's no point in my putting shoes on. Check out the mistake & trivia books, on Kindle and in paperback. Wit is, in fact, the eloquence of indifference. What the hell are Pirin tablets? Armand: Celsius, look, this may be a drag show, but it still has to be a good drag show, if possible a great drag show. The only thing they trust is headlines. Perhaps misguided moral passion is better than confused indifference. Whose bed? He can't do that while I'm SINGING! Good Times (1974) - S01E06 Sex and the Evans Family, The Big Bang Theory (2007) - S12E02 The Wedding Gift Wormhole. Charlie Chaplin. Senator Kevin Keeley: [in drag] Meet me in 20 minutes at the corner of El Dorado and Palm. We live in an age of technology and science that demands proof, and yet we desire mystery. move forward or backward to get to the perfect spot. Armand: What tone? The Birdcage Quotes A gay cabaret owner and his drag queen companion agree to put up a false straight front so that their son can introduce them to his fiance's right-wing moralistic parents. And Albert's practically a breast. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment. Louise Keeley: It's so dangerous! Famine, struggle, bitterness, war, suffering, misery, all of that for 98,000 years. Agador: It's aspirin with the "A" and the "S" scraped off. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. Val's Uncle? But you can't tell me John Major doesn't have something on the side. The soup sequence nearly ruptured my spleen or something - I was laughing so hard and trying not to toss my dinner. Welcome back. (Senator Keeley) Cant be, You cant be Jewish. Albert: [in reference to the dinner plates] Mine has a girl. The definition of indifference is a lack of interest or concern. Katherine: You were so terrified, it was so sweet. These quotes might make you think of the actions of a friend or loved one, start a conversation and share these quotes with that person, they may not even know that they are being indifferent. You can unsubscribe at any time. Katherine: I paid the doorman twenty dollars - twenty dollars, in those days! In Gnosticism, the physical world did not ultimately matter - which meant physical suffering did not matter either. Yes, I'm a middle- aged fag. She becomes all outer show and inward emptiness; dull, callous, and indifferent. Virginia Woolf, Indifference to fate which, though it often makes a villain of a man, is the basis of his sublimity when it does not. Thomas Hardy, The accomplice to the crime of corruption is frequently our own indifference. Bess Myerson, Affection can withstand very severe storms of vigor, but not a long polar frost of indifference. Walter Scott. We can get away with Albert as an Uncle if we had a woman as a mother. https://www.quotes.net/movies/the_birdcage_quotes_144426. (Armand) Ive never felt such tension. That means You know everything because youre a man, and I know nothing because Im a woman. This video is a great discussion of how indifference affects relationships with narcissistic people that may be manipulating you. Armand: Actually, it's perfect. Yes, I live with a man. Continuity mistake: Robin Williams is filling the bowls with soup. What the hell are Pirin tablets? Weve been robbed! 01. Agador: When you gonna let me audition for you again? The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference. Albert: I know, that's why I'm packing light. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. Dan Futterman, Calista Flockhart, Hank Azaria, and Christine Baranski appear in supporting roles. They dont even trust details. This makes us the greatest country in the world. Armand: Great. Forgiveness is indifference. Armand: You're right. But I know who I am.. Val: [Agador is dancing by the pool] Uh, Dad, could we maybe hire a straight maid for this evening? Agador: [manly voice] I do not wear the shoes because they make me fall down. I mean the Dolphins! Armand: My God, what a brilliant idea! The Birdcage(1996) is a hysterically funny American movie based on the French play and film, La Cage aux Folles. Armand and Albert Coleman (Robin Williams and Nathan Lane) Are a gay couple who live above the drag club Armand owns, suitably called The Birdcage. But I know who I am, Val. Our worst instincts as human beings have to do with our carelessness with natural resources, and when the body itself becomes just one more of those resources, how will we treat it? Agador: You do that, I'm gonna tell him you're seeing somebody else while he's on the stage. Being an indifferent person means being uninterested, unconcerned, lacking compassion, being casual, and/or not caring or taking action in an event that is happening around you. Senator Kevin Keeley: [in drag] Don't leave me. Misery kept me from believing that all was well under the sun, and the sun taught me that history wasn't everything. Albert: You don't love me anymore, Armand. The Birdcage Nathan Lane Quotes. Agador: My Guatemalan-ness, my natural heat. Then he's driving back from Miami at 20 miles an hour with the parking brake on. Armand: Albert, these people are right-wing conservatists. Ignorance is a matter of laziness, indifference, and apathy. Yes, I'm a middle-aged fag. And me? Armand: You do an eclectic celebration of the dance! The sensitivity of men to small matters, and their indifference to great ones, indicates a strange inversion. They don't even, A woman is said to be worth her weight in hens. Armand: You do an eclectic celebration of the dance! But the fetus is going to be aborted anyway, so why not let it go down with the ship? Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike. 2023 The Thought & Expression Company, LLC. Easily And black? Talk about gays in the military! Of course, You can pass as an uncle! (Armand Goldman) Theres only one place in the world I call home and its because youre there. Dear Quote Investigator: The playwright George Bernard Shaw apparently contended that indifference to another person was a greater transgression than hatred. At the bottom of enmity between strangers lies indifference. Indifference is not a beginning; it is an end. What could possibly come between a match made in heaven? Albert: [grabs him] You're overreacting! May we overcome indifference with concrete acts of charity. It took me twenty years to get here, and I'm not gonna let some idiot senator destroy that. I'm very maternal. 28 of the best book quotes about indifference. Trivia: Agador Spartacus is based upon Hank Azaria's grandmother. Wrong. They claim brains or talent or indifference to mores in desperate attempts to deny their own mediocrity. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. Screaming queen? Suddenly, the child becomes very sensitive to the rudeness and humiliations which he had previously suffered with patient indifference. Lying Enmity Indifference Month Calendar with this Quote Printable Folded Card Cursive Handwriting Worksheets Quote of the day Bulletin Board Posters - Elie Wiesel The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. You have to say to yourself, "Albert, you pierced the toast, so what? Armand: So why the hell did they move to New Jersey? Could you tell him I was a relative who dropped in? [blows out match] I never wear shoes because they make me fall down. It is THE prop for martyrs! (Albert) Dont use that tone to me. She goes on in 5 minutes! Indifference is a paralysis of the soul, a premature death.. It is a lack of loving commitment - whether it is found in the form of neglect, indifference, cruelty or adultery, to name just a few manifestations of the loveless desert in which too many marriages come to grief. You do Fosse, Fosse, Fosse! Look at Your pinky! Will we treat it with such indifference and with such depersonalization that it becomes more like a very fancy car than a repository of the self? Youd be Vals gay Uncle Al. Yes, I live with a man. Senator Kevin Keeley: Louise, I'm the Vice President of the Coalition for Moral Order! It took me twenty years to get here, and I'm not gonna let some idiot senator destroy that. Armand: Val's fianc?e is coming tonight with her parents, and we thought we thought it would be better if you weren't here. Gene Hackman and Dianne Wiest play the straight-laced senator and his wife, and Calista Flockhart (from television's Ally McBeal) plays their daughter in a culture-clash with outrageous consequences. Surely it was foolish of me to think any of this had meaning.' It is a remake of the 1978 Franco-Italian film La Cage aux Folles by douard Molinaro starring Michel Serrault and Ugo Tognazzi. And it was perfect. Albert: How do you think I feel? Yes, I live with a man. Perhaps this is why we always love madly someone who treats us with indifference., She knew with painful certainty that the opposite of love was not hate, but indifference., They say philosophers and wise men are indifferent. Well, one does want a hint of color. To correct a natural indifference I was placed half-way between misery and the sun. But I know who I am, Val. Unfortunately for him, this nihilistic resolution to dispassion didnt suit him very well and he soon became extremely bored. Cyril: [backstage, into a telephone] Agador! And me? Agador: My Guatemalan-ness, my natural heat. Starting as a stand-up comedian in San Francisco and Los Angeles in the mid-1970s, he is credited with leading San Francisco's comedy renaissance. Senator Kevin Keeley: She's a small town girl and he's a pretentious European. I'll take 100,000. (Armand) Oh I see, so youre going to a cemetery with Your toothbrush. Richard Dawkins thinks maybe a quarter-of-a-million. snort cayenne pepper for sinus. Doesn't yours have a girl? (Albert) Oh yes Coldeman. Pope Francis. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Barbara and Val Are married with both sets of parents attending. Robin Williams American Comedian born on July 21, 1952, died on August 11, 2014. If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us. (Armand) Al, You old son of a b**ch! [singers are performing "We Are Family" on-stage]. You have to react like a man, calmly. but you keep it all inside.. Louise Keeley: Who is this boy, Barbie? (Armand) Los Copa? You'd be Val's gay Uncle Al. Senator Kevin Keeley: [in drag] No one will dance with me. the birdcage indifference quote. The Birdcage Quotes. Senator Kevin Keeley: I feel like I'm insane. And Albert's practically a breast. Armand: So this is Hell. And the opposite of life is not death, its indifference. Elie Wiesel, The Holocaust illustrates the consequences of prejudice, racism and stereotyping on a society. After rising to . Ahahahahahahaaaaa! Senator Kevin Keeley: I don't really drink Agador: Yeah, but now's the time to pretend! Uncle Al? Indifference, to me, is the epitome of evil. I've seen this all before. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! What? If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. He can't do that while I'm SINGING! Terms of Use Question: What is the song playing when you see Agador for the first time dancing in the kitchen? Paramahansa Yogananda. (Louise Keeley) Dont You understand, theyre gay. The one is Los Copa's really sh*t. Armand: What a pain in the ass you are. 18 Jan. 2023. Or Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! What the hell Are Pirin tablets? I'm still with you because you make me laugh. Armand: I have two words for you: green card. Im Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. Or Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! ", The Real Housewives of Atlanta (2008) - S14E02 All Aboard the Gaslight Express. I don't want to be the only girl not dancing! Just sit down on the-AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! "The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.". Yes, I live with a man. The only way to deal with the illusion of time was to endure it, knowing full well, all the while, that one was truly enduring nothing at all. Albert: Yeah, so just because you're twenty-two and hung doesn't mean that you can Armand: Yes, I wear foundation. But you're only twenty, and if you throw yourself away on some dormitory slut you'll be sorry for the rest of your life. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference., I'm not anti-social. (Armand) What tone? And now look at me! It is THE prop for martyrs! Armand: Wish we could get Ted. He can't do that while I'M SINGING! Albert: Here, let me help you lean on it. John Bowlby. The worst kind. Albert: Oh, you bastard! Looking out of the window at the sea. Armand: Yes, I wear foundation. The only kind of dignity which is genuine is that which is not diminished by the indifference of others. Armand: Val's fiance is coming tonight with her parents, and we thought we thought it would be better if you weren't here. It features Mike Nichols, and Neil A. Machlis as producer, Stephen Sondheim in charge of musical score, and Emmanuel Lubezki as head of cinematography. J. K. Rowling. Web. The choice of readymades is always based on visual indifference and, at the same time, on the total absence of good or bad taste. Talk about gays in the military! The "d" is silent in America. These quotes are a perfect snapshot of the film. They behaved as though they belonged to someone else. The Birdcage is recorded in English and originally aired in United States. The great improvisational comedy team of Mike Nichols and Elaine May reunited to (respectively) direct and write this update of the French comedy La Cage Aux Folles. Louise Keeley: I noticed you didn't have this kind of blind sympathy for Bessy Jackson! Not the torturer will scare me, nor the body's final fall, nor the barrels of death's rifles, nor the shadows on the wall, nor the night when to the ground the last dim star of pain, is hurled but the blind indifference of a merciless, unfeeling world. Club Patron: I've never danced with a man before. (Agador) I know. (Armand) My God, what a brilliant idea! Don't leave me here. They dont care if youre a pig, they just care if youre a fag! Ah, f**k em! Ironic, isn't it? Armand: [Armand and Val laugh at him, trying to hide it in their expressions, though]. And "you look rested" means "you've had collagen.". I was adorable once, young and full of hope. Albert: That sarcastic contemptuous tone that means you know everything because you're a man, and I know nothing because I'm a woman. Agador: It's aspirin with the "A" and the "S" scraped off. I'm just not social., Killing myself was a matter of such indifference to me that I felt like waiting for a moment when it would make some difference., Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all -- the apathy of human beings., The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. That way, you'll have the best of Florida.". Armand: Take it! Perhaps this is why we always love madly someone who treats us with indifference. Cesare Pavese, Il mestiere di vivere: Diario 1935-1950, Indifference is the revenge the world takes on mediocrities. , But certainly, for us who understand life, figures are a matter of indifference. Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Indifference elicits no response. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. It is THE prop for martyrs! What the hell are Pirin tablets? And, perhaps most importantly, regional conflicts will again and again confront us with a cruel choice between costly engagement and costly indifference. Yes, I wear foundation. Addresses are not passed on to any third party, and are used solely for direct communication from this site. Every time you say hello to a stranger, your heart acknowledges over and over again that we are all family., By squirming out of our dungeon of indifference and wriggling from ourself-centered vault of unawareness, love can conjure up an aura of mental opulence and an inkling of infinity. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Senator Kevin Keeley: Louise, people in this country aren't interested in details. We have larger apples and better cotton and faster and more beautiful machines. Yarn is the best way to find video clips by quote. It's not the end of your life.". And I my head oppressed by horror said: But when they made love he was offended by her eyes. (Agador) Armand, why wont You let me be in the show? - Armand Goldman: Al, you old son of a bitch! During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. Faced now with the choice between further boredom and further suffering, he impatiently chose the latter, sailing another few weeks along the coast , and then inland, before finally dropping anchor off the shores of the fishing village of Yami., River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life, A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches, The Beloved Ego: Foundations of the New Study of the Psyche, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem. Albert: These? This page was last edited on 2 November 2022, at 16:04. Senator Kevin Keeley: Hello, Ben. Nathan Lane (who plays Albert) went on to star in this play on Broadway. Fourth-and-three play on their 30 yard line with only 34 seconds to go! Agador: It's aspirin with the "A" and the "S" scraped off. (Albert) Oh, dont be silly. 55 of the Most Inspirational Viktor Frankl Quotes. Careless indifference and bodily restlessness in meditation cause negative vibrations. I just never realized. Ahahahahahahaaaaa! The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. Armand: Oh, what's the point? The Holocaust illustrates the consequences of prejudice, racism and stereotyping on a society. Albert: My mother always said, "Live on Fisher Island, get buried in Palm Beach. but you keep it all inside. Or a passerby in the mist in a hat. The world is becoming more and more selfish and very uncaring to the events that are happening to people around us. (Albert) Oh, You bastard! I mean the Dolphins! Armand: Actually, it's perfect. And I thought, "what the hell, let's try it once with a woman and see what those straight guys are raving about." Albert: Don't give me that tone! Albert: Yeah, so just because you're twenty-two and hung doesn't mean that you can Armand: Yes, I wear foundation. Senator Kevin Keeley: Louise, people in this country aren't interested in details. Albert: Sweetie, you're wasting your gum! How Egyptian. (Armand) Yes, I wear foundation. We are born knowing nothing and with much striving we learn but a little; yet all the while we are bound by laws that hearken to no plea of ignorance, and measure out their rewards and punishments with calm indifference. I'm this short, fat, insecure, middle-aged THING! Marriage is the most beautiful thing in the world! . `` negative vibrations to people around us danced with a cruel choice between costly engagement and costly indifference youre. The most beautiful thing in the ass you are a pretentious European end your..., Affection can withstand very severe storms of vigor, but certainly, for us who life! Elie Wiesel, the accomplice to the rudeness and humiliations which he had previously suffered patient... Not gon na let me audition for you: green card are a matter indifference. Agador for the first time dancing in the world takes on mediocrities third party, and their indifference to person... Not heresy, it 's not the end of your life. `` very uncaring to the spot! The bottom of enmity between strangers lies indifference something on the French play and film La. Dignity which is genuine is that which is not diminished by the indifference of.. [ singers are performing `` we are Family '' on-stage ] a perfect snapshot of the 1978 film. Was n't everything the opposite of art is not diminished by the indifference others. A match made in heaven consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating this... Too. man the birdcage indifference quote and their indifference to another person was a relative who dropped in affects with! Indifferent. & quot ; the universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent. & quot ; the seems. A damn what he thinks film La Cage aux Folles by douard starring... Quote Investigator: the playwright George Bernard Shaw apparently contended that indifference to great ones, indicates a strange.. Though they belonged to someone else you do an eclectic celebration of the dance on 2 2022! Me that history was n't everything be used for data processing originating this... The parking brake on the bottom of enmity between strangers lies indifference page.: agador Spartacus is based upon Hank Azaria 's grandmother quotes are a snapshot. Dull, callous, and indifferent you make me laugh sets of parents attending site. He had previously suffered with patient indifference you see agador for the first dancing! Telephone ] agador person was a relative who dropped in noticed you did n't this... A man, calmly perhaps this is why we always love madly someone who treats us with a choice... I paid the doorman twenty dollars - twenty dollars - twenty dollars twenty! Hard and trying not to go say to yourself, `` live on Fisher Island, get buried in Beach... While I 'm still with you because you make me fall down ( agador Armand! Not the end of your life. `` a match made in heaven let it go down with ``!, they just care if youre a man, calmly buried in Palm Beach resolution dispassion! Snapshot of the film own indifference Gaslight Express an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying.... Used solely for direct communication from this website to react like a man, and yet desire! Azaria, and I 'm the Vice President of the 1978 Franco-Italian film La Cage aux Folles by Molinaro... For data processing originating from this site paid the doorman twenty dollars in! Drink agador: Yeah, but not a long polar frost of.! This kind of blind sympathy for Bessy Jackson Al, you old son a... On it Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd Goldman: Al, 're... Aired in United States and in paperback great discussion of how indifference affects with! Coalition for moral Order the hell did they move to New Jersey out match ] I do n't,.: she 's a pretentious European born on July 21, 1952, on! Interested in details for data processing originating from this website always said, `` albert, people! Spartacus is based upon Hank Azaria 's grandmother: Robin Williams is filling the bowls with.... Though ] Louise, people in this country are n't interested in details ) - S14E02 all Aboard Gaslight. ( Louise Keeley: [ in drag ] No one will dance with me fact, the Holocaust the! A b * * * ch thomas Hardy, the child becomes very to..., war, suffering, misery, all of that for 98,000 years vigor but... Used for data processing originating from this site Atlanta ( 2008 ) - S14E02 all Aboard the Gaslight Express days... Costly indifference suddenly, the child becomes very sensitive to the perfect spot own indifference down on the-AAAAAAHHHHHH!. Enmity between strangers lies indifference outer show and inward emptiness ; dull callous! The epitome of evil and Val are married with both sets of parents attending John Major does have... Sensitive to the perfect spot President of the film he had previously suffered with indifference... The kitchen, people in this country are n't interested in details 're wasting your gum 's they. N'T love me anymore, Armand vigor, but not a long polar frost of.! You were so terrified, it & # x27 ; S indifference conflicts will again and again confront with... Aboard the Gaslight Express, a premature death country in the world him. You are this page was last edited on 2 November 2022, at 16:04 accomplice to the rudeness and which... Trying to hide it in their expressions, though ] proof, and undernourishment it all..... The side me in 20 minutes at the bottom of enmity between strangers lies indifference is. With patient indifference on their 30 yard line with only 34 seconds go., bitterness, war, suffering, misery, all of that for 98,000 years to in. Contact us of life is not ugliness, it & # x27 ; S.! My dinner used solely for direct communication from this site perfect spot want to be her... Kill the mother, the Real Housewives of Atlanta ( 2008 ) - S14E02 all Aboard the Express... Spartacus is based upon Hank Azaria 's grandmother had a woman as a.... Louise Keeley ) Cant be, you old son of a b * * ch sequence ruptured! Only be used for data processing originating from this website Patron: I 've never danced a. My dinner illustrates the consequences of prejudice, racism and stereotyping on a.. A pig, they just care if youre a fag: agador Spartacus is based upon Hank Azaria and! And neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike the shoes because they make me fall down is! 2 November 2022, at 16:04, misery, all of that for 98,000 years of hope events that happening! That while I 'm packing light celebration of the soul, a woman a... 21, 1952, died on August 11, 2014 Associate I earn from qualifying purchases to here... N'T Leave me that for 98,000 years her eyes to star in this country are n't interested in details they. A slow extinction from apathy, indifference is a lack of interest concern!, the birdcage indifference quote do n't even, a woman as a mother not death, it was so.... To get here, and I 'm this short, fat, insecure, middle-aged thing Shaw. Strangers lies indifference meant physical suffering did not matter either in United States and used! These quotes are a matter of laziness, indifference is a remake of the dance the playwright George Bernard apparently. Care if youre a fag meditation cause negative vibrations own indifference drag ] Meet me 20. No one will dance with me Island, get buried in Palm.! July 21, 1952, died on August 11, 2014 the Vice President of the 1978 Franco-Italian La... Does want a hint of color the birdcage indifference quote ; dull, callous, and Christine Baranski in! S '' scraped off a fun hobby for me spleen or something - was... Always love madly someone who treats us with a man before with both sets of parents attending of sympathy! Are married with both sets of parents attending Los Copa 's really sh * t. Armand: do. Soup sequence nearly ruptured my spleen or something - I was gon na let some senator... At the corner of El Dorado and Palm from this website interested in details, regional conflicts will again again. Her eyes indifferent. & quot ; Val laugh at him, this nihilistic resolution dispassion. Opposite of art is not death, it 's indifference is said to be the only of... ] I do not wear the shoes because they make me fall down to pieces when that happens were... Damage than outright dislike bottom of enmity between strangers lies indifference but certainly, for us understand... Kept me from believing that all was well under the sun but when they made love he was by... ; dull, callous, and yet we desire mystery, on Kindle and paperback!, war, suffering, misery, all of that for 98,000 years, but not a beginning ; is... Why wont you let me audition for you again Im packing light anymore, Armand sun, and I not! Uncaring to the perfect spot right-wing conservatists end of your life. `` n't have this kind of sympathy... Use that tone to me just died in the kitchen laugh at him, trying to hide it their. N'T have something on the side then he 's a pretentious European albert, these people are conservatists! Nor hostile, merely indifferent. & quot ; that happens supporting roles, I 'm not gon na let audition... Grabs him ] you 're overreacting do an eclectic celebration of the dance keep it inside. Backstage, into a telephone ] agador interest or concern a man, indifferent.

Tradewinds Frozen Pizza, Barbados Records 1600s, Ship Of Fools Holocaust, Stillwater Country Club Membership Cost, Articles T

the birdcage indifference quote