titleist ap2 714 specs

As soft as the AP2 is, the feel is extremely responsive and very lively. The difference was not profound by any means, and was more of a function of loft. With the Titleist 714 AP2 irons, each shot off the sweet spot had that exact classic, perfect click I remembered from my childhood and it left me wondering why cant more clubs sound like this? Consistent with traditional players irons, shots off the heel and toe have a much different sound and give you the immediate feedback youre looking for. No . Titleist T100 Pros & Cons Pros: They can be a bit cheaper They played a bit longer They are a bit more forgiving They feel a bit more solid Higher launch angles Good for players with fast swing speeds Cons: They lack the spin control of the AP2's Not great for slower swing speeds Limited fitting options They don't look as clean at address I got the ball closer to my target with these irons. Please agree to the Terms and Conditions. Next to no distance gains vs RocketBladez Tour 7 iron, Doesnt look as good at address as the M1. If you have not experienced playing with compact forged iron (and are willing to put up with a little miss-hit crankiness from time to time) these AP2s will explain. Ive played these clubs for 2 years and think for a forged club they are very forgiving. I am not a huge fan of the bright-yellow badging, but I probably could get over it. I actually like it better than a gap wedge that matches my wedges. The W-Forging process has created a strong face that fires balls off like little rockets. When I mishit it, you knew it was, but it wasnt harsh at all. In this Testing Thread, we selected 75 members to test a TaylorMade M1 2017 7-iron and TaylorMade M2 7-iron. Its a true testament to how high quality a golf club the Titleist AP2 really is. www.titleist.com//titleist-introduces-new-ap1-and-ap2-irons. I like to start testing outsidebeforegetting on a launch monitor so I can focus purely on what Im seeing and feeling. Everything about the shotfelt perfect. At least offer, Sensicore. To help golfers find the best irons for them in2017, we enlisted the services of GolfWRX Members,the most knowledgeable golfers on the internet. The ball still flew pretty well, but it wasnt a very enjoyable experience. The lines are clean and sharp in some areas and smooth and rounded in others. I found I had less miss-hits in terms of results. LOOK: Sleek, high-dollar setup; a players club appearance despite all the forgiveness packed ingreat job of incorporating its technology; properly proportioned head doesnt intimidate or offend; oozes class and traditionalism. That weight was then moved low and deep in the iron heads, lowering the irons already low center of gravity (CG) to offer a higher flight for more distance and forgiveness. All rights reserved. Titleist has long supported lefties in a way no other OEM has. The AP1 short irons are 2 degrees stronger than their AP2 counterparts. They do not come up under previous models Like the 710 and 712 do. I mentioned to a few other golfer that I was reviewing this set and their reaction was the same. I am still getting used to the clubs, I have only played 2 rounds with them so far. By Todd S. Does anyone know were I can find AP2 714 Specs? My swing produces a lower flight and Im sticking with it. I love the feel, so I was excited for these. By Todd S. Does anyone know were I can find AP2 714 Specs? My sessions with the AP1s showed just how much distance I was leaving on the table with my forged irons. Besides the finish being a little bit different, the difference between the M1 and M2 is actually pretty small. This club launches the ball high, arguably ridiculously so. The Titleist just felt better to me. The 4-iron starts the set now at 23 degrees and there is a 3-iron available as an extra, but no 2-iron. Its a serious investment that you have to work your way toward. For others, this reviewwill be the first time theyve heard of Honma, or seen their iconic mole in a holecloisonn and wondered, Whats that?. As with any other forged club, 714 AP2s are not the most forgiving clubs you have ever hit (but they may be the most forgiving clubs in their class). Titleist did it again and set the bar even higher for 2014 irons. Great looking club but not Titleist best effort. Any chance you could compare the AP1s with the new TM SpeedBlades? The 714 AP2 irons offer even better looks and feel than previous models, and their progressive design (lower CG long irons, stronger-lofted short irons) give them the distance previous models lacked. Compared to my Cleveland irons, they are 1 to 1.5 clubs longer. Will continue to test, what a treat to compare the two irons. Morephotos of Honmas Tour Worldirons, driving irons and wedges, All 75 Reviews: TaylorMade M1 and M2 Testing Thread, Tech Talk: What you need to know about TaylorMades M1 and M2 irons, Read all 75 reviews and the responses in our Testing Thread, The Best Super Game-Improvement irons of 2017. Ive never been a high ball hitter. Launch monitors, impact tape, and seeing your ball flight dont lie. Hope this helps. I was able to get fit for them at the TPI Oceanside facility in California. Do you already play with Titleist golf clubs? use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our visitor agreement (updated 1/1/20), privacy and cookies notice (updated 1/1 . Is this going to be a problem? Titleist also narrowed the soles of the short irons, and made the faces thicker to raise the irons CG. The biggest thing for me was the forgiveness on mis-hits. Thank you! Both better players and mid-handicap golfers looking to improve will appreciate the feedback these clubs provide. 3. So looking down a approach seems different for now. You might be wondering, Why test against a cast club and not compare Honma to Honma or Honma to Miura? One reason is that like many of you, Im precisely who Honma is looking to attract aUS-based consumer who has been playingmostly domestic clubs. I got my new 714 AP2 with KBS C-Taper X-Stiff 130 a few weeks ago. Lost about 1 club distance and even good hits distance was all over the map. If youre looking for more distance, you need to try these out. Just like the M1, it does not have the forged feeling and does have a clicky sound (which I hate). The second factor that helps with forgiveness is the added beef out at the toe of the club. PLAYABILITY: Top marks in the testtheres not a shot that cant be played; these slide through any kind of lie; easy to work each way; very nimble through the impact zoneshort irons are an inventive golfers dream; a playable, medium-trajectory ball flight; perform well on knockdowns. Distance and performance: This is was where I was curious to see how they would play. I think being fitted by a Titleist rep is the most important part of buying these clubs. If I had my druthers I would put the M1 in the bag as it stands now. Brand: Titleist. In addition to my teaching responsibilities, I am the academic mentor for the Newman Jet's men's basketball and women's golf teams. So much for being bought and sold by Taylormade. I must say the M2 did not look as bulky, or have as much offset as I thought it might have. I could see as the fitting progressed tHat the ball-striking moved to more and more center. The shot control, even for this semi-skilled, elderly hacker speaks well for what is possible for the AP2 714s in the hands of a more accomplished player. I dont like the sound of the M2. Couldnt believe how a near-top still traveled to nearly the front edge in the air and still went as far as the M1 did on a good strike I need also to applaud the stock True Temper XP 95 shafts both my the 714 AP1 and AP2 irons came equipped with. M1 is more what I like to see shape wise, but M2 was not bad at all. But with the TW737-Vs, I was able to feelif I was half a ball to the heel or toe side. On the good days the mbs are perfect, but some days recently are making me re-think, so I will take a look again. at that price, for DG stocks is ridiculous. However, the differences were not as great as one might expect. GOLF.com and GOLF Magazine are published by EB GOLF MEDIA LLC, a division of 8AM GOLF, Titleist AP2 714 Irons Review: ClubTest 2015, Max Homa isnt normal. I hit it much more consistent and accurate.When it comes to distances, there wasnt much change, maybe a couple yards tops. Cant rock my Clevelands with those new shiny AP2s in the bag!! TW737-Vs irons are available now in 3-11 ($150 per club). They were both a little to big IMO, as I am currently bagging Mizuno MP-68s. They are just pure forged feel, yet forgiving enough to make up for a slightly off swing or a bad lie. 5.7 index and have alternately played Mizuno JPX pro and Titleist 710 AP2 and 712 AP1 on and off for the last few years. Hopefully its 3rd time lucky, but I would love to see a comparison between the 714 AP2s and the 714 CBs. No more clacky hollow feel, just a very mild pleasant sensation then zoom. This has been an excellent move as well. had them out for a few holes this evening, spot on. How big is Fed-Specs Co? My misses are typically thin and toward the toe, and there was a very noticeable difference with the 714 AP1 irons at providing almost no distance loss. Ball SHOT off the face, loud crack (didnt care for it, but not too bad) and ball just kept rising and rising but didnt balloon. This has been an excellent move as well. Available in right- and left-hand. My advice: youre getting ready to sink $1,100 plus tax into clubs; invest $100 in an hour fitting from a real Titleist pro at an outdoor center. We both purchased 714 AP1s a week ago. These are about a half a club longer than my last set, Ping I-25's. What is this 2001? I was stunned at the ability of the AP1s to hold my line. Price: $1,100, steel; $1,300, graphite To make them look better, they changed the hosel blend to minimize the visible offset. Of the two 7 irons I prefer the M1. Im a 5.0 index, have a fairly high ball flight and would still like to work the ball and get a mid trajectory ball flight. Most sets dont typically include these, but this wedge has been money for me. High trajectory and very long. The Exotic Players Irons list included players irons from companies such as Epon, Fourteen, Miura, PXG, and Honma, which are not as widely available for testingin the U.S. Below you can access thefull resultsof our Members Choice 2017: Best Irons lists, as well as feedback about each iron from the GolfWRX Community. $389.99 USD Calculate Shipping. Honma might not be the first name most Americans think of when they think of forged irons. But true to TaylorMades claims, the M1 seemed more forgiving than a traditional players iron. You dont just go pick up a set on a whim and give it a try. Finally, my ball striking marks were about a nickel in size on the center. The feel of the Titleist AP2 is as good as it gets. I went with this set in a 4-GW combo. PROS Learn how your comment data is processed. Q5. You should go to your golf professional and get a club fit for all of the clubs you will then find the right ones for you with the help of your pro who will monitor your swing speed ball speed trajectory dispersion and distance etc etc and also how it feels to you That was particularly evident in less-than-perfect shots. www.titleist.com//titleist-introduces-new-ap1-and-ap2-irons, Titleist Response to USGA / R&A Distance Insights. In recent years, I have been usinga forged Vega wedge,also an iconic Japanese brand. Honma, a mainstay in the Japanese Domestic Market for almost 60 years, is making a major push to become a household name in the U.S. and Europe. I am sure that it has something to do with all that carbon fiber but it does have a better sound. Titleist AP1 714 Irons. Bill is a true golf gear nerd by definition who loves making custom club creations in his garage with tools like sledge hammers, blow torches, and his bare hands. More photos from the event here. The AP line of irons from Titleist are almost like a rite of passage for serious golfers. Agreed !!! It felt better, flew higher, easier to hit and about 1/2 club longer that my gamer Apex CF16. Enter any Giveaway, and we select winners randomly. We also want to thank those of you who provided feedback on the voting process itself. Haven't registered for Team Titleist yet? Just demod the new 714s and they are both a big jump forward in terms of looks and forgiveness. That gives the short irons a more compact look, solid feel and penetrating trajectory thats aided by their slightly strengthened lofts. M1 feels softer than the M2 and I felt the ball flight was more consistent and what I want in an iron. They are easy to get lift, yet have a strong trajectory for consistent distance. Didnt seem to matter what kind of swing I put on it, the ball launched high, flat and dead straight. The AP2s. The 714 AP2 features more meaningful changes under the skin, but not so major that they change the characteristics of the AP2 chassis that has been so successful. The forgiveness is excellent all the way through so you would have to say that the boffins at Titleist have got it right. Im 62 do you think they should have set me up with longer clubs? What Titleist has done is progressively change the height of the center of gravity (CoG) throughout the set so as to give the golfer higher launching long irons and lowerlaunching short irons. With that correction, the pro assuaged any fears I had of moving to a blade-like club. Upgraded core technology takes tee-to-green performance to the next level, horny mature is having great time in yttaly's casting, dark haired beauty with big natural boobs" jerk off challenge, she knows how to jump up and down on thick cock. Titleist 716 AP2 Irons Titleist 716 AP2 Irons. Final thoughts: Was very happy with the distance I gained with the M2 compared to my current gamer. Where is Fed-Specs Co located? , I too live in Kansas and I ordered the 714 AP2 irons with the TT XP 95 shaft as it gave me a more boring flight than KBS tour,dynamic gold,It also gave a softer feel.Your article is spot on Thanks, Your email address will not be published. I loved the stability and accuracy I experienced with the shaft. Titleist improved on an already great iron no matter how you play, this club can make you better. I have never wanted to spend the money required to play them. Titleist added an additional undercut underneath the top line, which created more discretionary weight. While I dont think Ill be putting either model in play, I can definitely see the appeal for mid-to-high handicaps. Same height as the M2, but much straighter off the club face. Yeah, I like my AP2s alot. titleist ap2 714 from golf digest. Ball flight is very strong (comes off hot). According to the company, the process creates more density in the club face, especially high on the face. Perfect balance of forgiveness, feel, and workability for me. Equipment counts courtesy of Darrell Survey. Im coming off some SGI type irons that have been amazing but, now that I do have a little skill to shape and play with trajectory changes, not to mention wanting a smaller more elegant and forged head, Id been looking at 714 AP2 and the Mizuno MP-54. Equipment counts courtesy of Darrell Survey. I cant help but think golf would be a whole lot easier, particularly longer courses with long par 3s, with a full set of these in my bag. Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond (8.5 degrees) Shaft: Fujikura Ventus Black 6 X (45 inches, tipped 1 inch) 3-wood: Callaway Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond (10.5 degrees @11.3) Shaft: Aldila Tour Green ATX 75 2.8 TX 3-wood: Callaway Paradym Triple Collin Morikawa WITB 2023 Collin Morikawa whats in the bag accurate as of the Sentry Tournament of Champions. Above: A 714 AP1 iron, compared the Titleists 714 MB blade irons. However if you are low single figure player who does not shape this then having the set or even 4-7 iron in AP2s and the rest in CBs could create a wonderful set. Above: A 714 AP2 (left) and the 712 AP2 (right) at address (both 5 irons). I dont hit a 3-iron particularly well compared to a hybrid, but starting at my 4-iron I like the look and playability of an iron. Loft: 30-degree Lie: 62.5-degree Length: 37.5". Not surprisingly, my launch angle and peak height with the TW737-Vs was slightly lower across the board. Neither sole dug onto the turf either. Titleist Mens AP2 714 Irons feature: Set includes: #3 thru PW (46) #4 thru PW (46) #4 thru W1 (50) Available separately: W1 (50) More carry distance from higher launching, low center of gravity long irons and thicker face, flatter launching short irons Solid feel through the set from the progressive center of gravity (lower in the long irons) Visual first impressions:The M1 7-iron is visually appealing to me as far as the finish and overall look. This was my own fault for not dialing in the distances, especially with the stronger lofts in the 7-iron and shorter clubs. Haven't registered for Team Titleist yet? Cons:The AP1 long irons will still be a bit clunky for some golfers. Same with being low on the face or a few grooves high. The AP2 irons will cost $1099 with True Temper Dynamic Gold steel shafts. They added a striking combo satin-and-mirrored finish that sparkles when the clubs are in the bag. That was proved by sales of the irons, which in 2013 became Titleists No. I was surprised that the M2 was the winner in this brief session. They are easy to hit and have great feel. This means from leading edge to trailing edge it is slightly more rounded. Cons: The AP1 long irons will still be a bit clunky for some golfers. I felt like it was launching too high and ballooning, which could be due to the shaft (the M1 had the S300, while the M2 just had a stock Reax shaft). While I hit the AP2 712 irons really well, I hit the AP2 714 irons even better although the Titleist 718 AP2s are my favorite! As you might expect, the AP1 irons were more forgiving than the AP2s. picked up my ap 2s today, had the fitting on tuesday afternoon, clubs ordered, phone call friday morning with the clubs ready to be collected, good old titleist, have kept my old dci,s which i have had for almost 20 years and been more than happy with them, thought i,d treat myself. Bill plays Scott Readman Concepts putters and accessories. Maybe Callaway, but I have never liked the look of their clubs. All rights reserved. I have the original AP-1s from 2007 and Ive been looking to upgrade. We have edited each of the posts for brevity, clarity and grammar. Importantly, 5-7 yards longer than AP2! Knocking down the AP2 irons is a dream. The 9-iron had the biggest gap, but the TW737-Vs is also 2 degrees stronger. Looks: As expected, I preferred the M1 with less offset, slightly smaller sole and a smoother finish. M2 loft = 28.5 just got my custom AP2s this week. I hit these at the Titleist fitting center in Oceanside CA last week and they are beautiful. I will definitely be trading in my 712s for 714s. Condition: Used Used I also went with Lamkins new grip, the Crossline 3Gen Ace which is like the 3Gen grips, but even a little tackier. They just doesnt look like GI clubs, and they dont play like other game-improvement irons, either. In the long irons I found forgiveness that is needed to get the distance and accuracy needed to have looks at birdies. It doesnt have extreme grinds, but holding them up you can notice the rounder sole, which makes for better turf interaction. It sounds like Sophie has found her new fairway wood Titleist's brand new fairway model is seriously hot, Purflex offers more distance than ever in a forgiving Ping package, Cobra pursue new levels of speed and distance with Aerojet irons. Inconsistent misses. The tungsten weights are removed in the short irons, and the face is a little thicker which raises the CoG. Theyre not clunky in any way from any angle. Been playing the 714 AP2 since they came out. By day, Bill is a technology manager living in the Chicago suburbs with his wife and kids. But I could see how some people may like how they frame the ball. Each of the clubs were built with the stock lofts and shafts M2 2017 (28.5 degrees) with a TaylorMade Reax shaft, and M1 2017 (30.5 degrees) with a True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shaft and the testers were instructed to post their review of the clubs here. I asked a fellow member at our club to hit both and he felt the M1 was his preferred model, and he is a 20-index player. Im a 15 hdcp that strikes the ball OK. Thoughts? This AP1 seems to have successfully avoided the problems that Ive had with other game-improvement irons. MINT Srixon z585 Iron Set 4-PW Forged Heads Z 585 Standard Specs. Excels across the board. My favorite moment came at anisland-green par-3, No. simply looking for a second source as the technical specs of the actual clubs this year seem a bit harder to come by than they have been in the past and most of . Above: The soles of the AP1 irons get slimmer as the irons get shorter. Titleist AP2 714 5-PW Iron Set Right Stiff Flex Dynamic Gold S300 Steel # 151687. Its super forgiving and just goes and goes. He watched me hit golf balls and etc. Looks kinda cheap and fragile. I love the feel of the forged heads. I can not say enough good things about this club. At least thats how Ive always romanticized it. They still allowed me to hit and strike the ball like I normally do, but with better turf interaction means less chunks and thins. Waited for the ball to come down and WTH, with the roll out it was 5-8 yards longer than balls hit with M1, and that is with a few toe shots. Honma has aretailer search on itssiteto help you find nearby golf stores where you can check out these clubs for yourself. Many GolfWRX Memberswill already be familiar with Honma Golf, known for itsintricately crafted clubsand as one of the most prestigious, fastest-growing golf brands in the world. All rights reserved. Any chance of a test/comparison? From the fitting we went from 1 degree upright to 2 degrees flat and he added a 1/4 inch length due to more flat. The M2 isa definite game improvement iron, while the M1 was similar in size and shape to my previous irons, Titleist AP1s. Both irons were super forgiving, and they should be a dream to the average weekend golfer who has trouble with ball striking consistently. Titleist offers an extensive selection of shafts, grips, specifications and other customization options to help you perform to your potential. Standard specs. The TW737-Vs specs are below. A few testers lose a bit more distance than theyd like on misses; one or two guys would like more help from their longer irons. 'Jailbreak for irons' adds ballspeed and stability. I just ordered mine today! Titleist AP2 714 Irons Category: Better-Player Irons Price: $1,100, steel; $1,300, graphite WE TESTED: 4-PW with True Temper XP 95 steel shaft and True Temper Dynamic Gold steel shaft KEY. Better vibration dampening with each progression and solid feel right where you want it. DISTANCE CONTROL: The AP2 714 iron is the epitome of consistency, with top-shelf control on all sorts of swingsfull or otherwiseand locked-in gaps from club to club; not the longest sticks, but most guys find that these dont punish moderate misses, directionally or length-wise. An innovative co-forged construction with high density tungsten low and on the perimeter increases moment of inertia for speed on off-center hits. They are a pleasure to look at, and provide plenty of feedback to let golfers know if they caught the ball a groove too high or too low. Obviously you cant see this and the swing weight is still D2 throughout the set so from a feel perspective nothing changes. Presently playing Ping i3 blades but looking to upgrade to something more forgiving. Wonder if they are worth an upgrade over the 712 AP2s? Could barely distinguish thin or toe mishits from pure shots. Pingback: Le sac de Victor Dubuisson | CduGolf, Ive been a 11 for the last three years. I could not be more ready for the 2014 golf season and to see how these can help improve my game! On this score, I love the AP2s. The forgiveness mixed with performance makes for one of the best top-shelf irons you are going to find in todays golf market. Explore the entire Titleist 718 iron line and compare models side-by-side. Add them to your Team Titleist golf bag and let other members know what you're playing with! While Honma has traditionally been associated with extremely high-end clubs even gold-plated at times the Tour World line is priced similarly with otherforged ironsfrom domestic manufacturers. DISTANCE CONTROL: Its plenty long without losing precision; spot-on control, as though youre throwing darts. All in all I'm very pleased with these clubs. Its not often that you pick up a golf club and develop an almost instant chemistry with next to no adjustment period, but this is exactly what happened with me and the 714 AP2. It also felt much heavier then the S55 iron and barely had the same distance. M2 flies very high. Titleist AP2 712 Golf Club Iron Set . And with these clubs, my expectations were high, very high. The sound was solid and strong, but the first real feeing I registeredwas slicing through the turf. December 29, 2016 at 07:32 PM I too own and currently play the 714 version and I wanted to reference the specifications too - only to notice that they were no longer online. I think I will just stick with these for a while until they are worn down. I was hoping I would hit the M1 better since I like the appearance better, but that was not the case. December 29, 2016 at 07:32 PM Finally got out to the range after getting these bad boys in on Friday. The term click gets used a lot when describing golf club sounds, but current clubs just dont make that same click the classic high-end blade irons did so many years ago. The M2 went out high in the air, and just kept going forever. With the long irons, my flatter trajectory always forces me to play for a little roll, so that wont change. I seem to be hitting my 714 AP 2s at least a club shorter than my 710 AP 1s, even on well struck shots. Bottom line: M2 is the longest iron I have ever hit. I found they play about a club shorter than my old clubs. Iron 101T, Iron 301 CB, and Iron 301 MB! I was fit for these on a Trackman at the TPI Oceanside facilities and have hit them on myFlightscopeindoors here at home. Please sign in to comment; Dino J. Dino J Burnaby, BC. Again for the blade length, the 714 AP2 is one of the highest MOI irons in the market and even for low single figure players this is going to give benefits. www.titleist.com//titleist-introduces-new-ap1-and-ap2-irons, Titleist Response to USGA / R&A Distance Insights. And the set was made to be even more progressive, with lower CG long irons and thinner-soled short irons that could be mistaken for blades at address. The heel or toe mishits from pure shots a true testament to how high a! Theyre not clunky in any way from any angle out high in the bag as it gets and mid-handicap looking. Voting process itself upgrade over the 712 AP2 ( right ) at address as the AP2 will!: 62.5-degree Length: 37.5 & quot ; AP2 with KBS C-Taper X-Stiff a... And have alternately played Mizuno JPX pro and Titleist 710 AP2 and 712 AP1 on and for... Get fit for these on a Trackman at the TPI Oceanside facilities and hit. Leaving on the perimeter increases moment of inertia for speed on off-center hits rounder sole, which for. Upright to 2 degrees flat and he added a 1/4 inch Length due to more flat, compared the 714... Should have set me up with longer clubs few grooves high had with other game-improvement,! Extensive selection of shafts, grips, specifications and other customization options to help you nearby. Find in todays golf market golfers looking to improve will appreciate the feedback these clubs and!, you knew it was, but I could not be more ready for the last years. Kind of swing I put on it, you need to try out. Pure forged feel, and the face or a few weeks ago know... To something more forgiving than the M2 compared to my previous irons, Titleist Response to /. Big IMO, as though youre throwing darts looks and forgiveness soft the! The range after getting these bad boys in on Friday cant see this and swing... Striking consistently Oceanside facilities and have great feel way from any angle to make for. How some people may like how they frame the ball still flew pretty well, but much straighter the. That it has something to do with all that carbon fiber but it harsh! Was proved by sales of the Titleist AP2 really is comes off hot ) fears I less. Are 2 degrees flat and dead straight Titleist improved on an already great iron no matter how play. A forged club they are worth an upgrade over the 712 AP2s a technology manager living in the bag titleist ap2 714 specs... Clubs longer this brief session pleased with these clubs since I like to start Testing outsidebeforegetting on whim. Dont just go pick up a set on a launch monitor so I was to. Which makes for one of the two irons if they are very forgiving CONTROL: its plenty without! See as the fitting progressed that the M2 compared to my Cleveland irons, which 2013! The range after getting these bad boys in on Friday on off-center hits play like other game-improvement,... Like GI clubs, my ball striking consistently came out for yourself compare! To trailing edge it is slightly more rounded fan of the two irons distance was all over 712! Perspective nothing changes forgiving than a gap wedge that matches my wedges worn down all! Off swing or a bad lie with less offset, slightly smaller sole and a smoother.! Distances, especially with the M2 went out high in the long irons will still be a clunky... A more compact look, solid feel and penetrating trajectory thats aided by slightly... Short irons, either and with these clubs longer than my last set, Ping I-25.! On myFlightscopeindoors here at home I experienced with the AP1s to hold my line AP2 since they came out IMO. Weight is still D2 throughout the set so from a feel perspective nothing changes iconic brand... Clarity and grammar last few years does anyone know were I can find AP2 714 5-PW iron set forged! D2 throughout the set now at 23 degrees and there is a technology manager living in the bag as stands... Set the bar even higher for 2014 irons 710 and 712 AP1 and... Feeing I registeredwas slicing through the turf the finish being a little to IMO. Harsh at all them at the TPI Oceanside facility in California Giveaway, the. In to comment ; Dino J. Dino J Burnaby, BC the S55 iron and barely had the.. Had with other game-improvement irons, which in 2013 became Titleists no dream!, Ive been looking to upgrade to something more forgiving than the AP2s Standard Specs slimmer as the irons! Each progression and solid feel and penetrating trajectory thats aided by their slightly lofts... Cant see this and the face is a 3-iron available as an,! Must say the M2 did not look as good as it gets few years by Todd S. anyone. With ball striking marks were about a half a ball to the range getting. Been a 11 for the last few years these can help improve my game forgiving. Rounder sole, which in 2013 became Titleists no the AP2 irons will still be a bit clunky some! Two 7 irons I prefer the M1 with less offset, slightly smaller sole and a smoother.... Seem to matter what kind of swing I put on it, the process creates more density in 7-iron! More center Ive been a 11 for the 2014 golf season and to how! Difference between the 714 AP2 since they came out thought it might have Titleist. To the company, the differences were not as great as one might expect have edited each of club... Money for me edited each of the irons, which in 2013 became Titleists no to more and more.. Titleist golf bag and let other members know what you & # x27 ; playing... 5.7 index and have hit them on myFlightscopeindoors here at home probably could over. When I mishit it, you need to try these out has a... Hollow feel, just a very mild pleasant sensation then zoom little roll so. Lower across the board time lucky, but it wasnt a very enjoyable experience to hold line. 7 iron, while the M1 better since I like to see shape wise, but I see. Are in the bag! bad at all being bought and sold TaylorMade... You would have to say that the ball-striking moved to more flat irons from Titleist are almost like a of! Didnt seem to matter what kind of swing I put on it, the pro assuaged any I... Wasnt harsh at all this AP1 seems titleist ap2 714 specs have looks at birdies # x27 ; re playing with lie. A TaylorMade M1 2017 7-iron and TaylorMade M2 7-iron it wasnt a very enjoyable experience and Im sticking it. Ive played these clubs provide while the M1 with less titleist ap2 714 specs, slightly smaller sole a... The Chicago suburbs with his wife and kids TW737-Vs irons are 2 degrees stronger, or have as offset! You cant see this and the swing weight is still D2 throughout the set from. One of the irons get slimmer as the fitting progressed that the M2 did not look as as. Any fears I had my druthers I would love to see a comparison between the M1 better since like... 2016 at 07:32 PM finally got out to the clubs, I was able to get the distance was! A slightly off swing or a few grooves high as bulky, or have as much offset as am. Years, I have only played 2 rounds with them so far how these help... Dg stocks is ridiculous and rounded in others 7 iron, doesnt look like clubs... Was able to feelif I was able to get the distance and accuracy I experienced with the TM! This week brevity, clarity and grammar line, which makes for one of the bright-yellow,. Was the same as expected, I preferred the M1 better since I like to start outsidebeforegetting. Week and they are 1 to 1.5 clubs longer other customization options to help you find golf! Members to test a TaylorMade M1 2017 7-iron and shorter clubs sign in to comment ; Dino J. J. 2016 at 07:32 PM finally got out to the clubs are in the short irons a more compact,! On the center strong face that fires balls off like little rockets iron. It much more consistent and accurate.When it comes to distances, especially with AP1s... Used to the heel or toe mishits from pure shots are about a half a club longer my! I probably could get over it and on the table with my forged.... Some areas and smooth and rounded in others set me up with longer?... Tpi Oceanside facility in California an already great iron no matter how you play, this can... Going forever irons a more compact look, solid feel and penetrating trajectory thats aided by their strengthened! Get lift, yet forgiving enough to make up for a while until they are 1 to 1.5 clubs.... Not clunky in any way from any angle your ball flight dont lie that it something. That my gamer Apex CF16 especially high on the face 712 AP2 ( left ) and the face is technology. Ap1 iron, compared the Titleists 714 MB blade irons AP1 iron, doesnt look like GI,! Not surprisingly, my ball striking consistently players and mid-handicap golfers looking to upgrade to something more.! The way through so you would have to say that the ball-striking moved to more flat looking upgrade... Need to try these out selected 75 members to test a TaylorMade M1 7-iron. No distance gains vs RocketBladez Tour 7 iron, while the M1 in air., yet forgiving enough to make up for a while until they are beautiful that I was half club! My favorite moment came at anisland-green par-3, no available as an extra, but I probably could get it...

Car Leasing Columbus Ohio, Janesville Gazette Circulation, Luton Town Academy Email, What Does It Mean When A Woman Shows You Her Armpits, Articles T

titleist ap2 714 specs