bsa a65 electric start conversion

These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Aberystwyth has been modified, and the drive shaft is complete. '70 TR6C "happy in the hills". A reader wants to convert his 1971 Triumph T150 to electric start and wants to know where he can find parts. adequate. A selection of electronic ignition systems for BSA, Triumph and Norton motorcycles. Sealed type ball bearing conversion kit, replaces standard cup and cone steering bearings. If you're having trouble with that old Suzuki, BSA or BMW, Keith Fellenstein is your guy. by Keith Fellenstein. Universal horn 12volt stainless cover 70mm, Lucas Head lamp rim 7 inch nacelle & standard, Alton Alternators & Electric Starter Kits, Magneto Parts & SRM Magneto Electronic Kits. or Memory Stick, with a step by step guide which has pictures with captions. Unit 22 Glanyrafon Enterprise Park Enterprise Park These are fairly backfire proof compared with some systems. I n the early 1970's, Bob designed and built his first belt drive system for a BSA twin. Putting the starter in is not a large cost, adding the new clutch and primary drive is what is going to make it too expensive for most people. I think the starter is the same used on HDs, could be wrong we talked about this a while back , might be off a Bee Em,same idea anyway, much like a Sportster XLH model in principal. Finally, a little disclaimer: I'm helping Mr. UK but the "diameter" of the front of the engine will be The OHIO VALLEY BSA OWNERS CLUB had a nice write up about your starter and a picture of your bike on the cover. Have you ever dreamed of an having an electric starter on your BSA? see pics. Modern regulator rectifiers replace the Lucas rectifier and Zenor diode.. A very useful conversion kit is the Three phase 180 Watt alternator - which gives not only higher maximum output but also extra power throughout the rev range, this must be used in conjunction with a three phase regulator box. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. . pounds, which is about what a conventional starter weighs. The wires are all correct according to the wiring diagram that is under the seat. Piccioni had developed an add-on starter system for A65 Drupal Website Development by Drupology. You cannot bump start because you cannot pull the bike back onto compression. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. I had a couple of A10s, plunger and swingarm, and I was sure it was a 6 Spring unit fitted to them, and felt I recognised the Triumph basket. Steering Race Ball End Conversion Kit for BSA A, B and M Group models. The purchaser will need to cut the openings in probably require cowling modifications. Ark Racing - Triumph T120/ T140 Electric Start Kit. Custom Bike Build Metal Malarkey Engineering. The first small batch of starters were made and fitted to bikes, some minor adjustments were made before it went into production. Took me some time to work out what was going on, I think the hub is a Triumph 7 inch twin leader with the fins machined off and a BSA rear brake plate from either an A65 or an A10 that had the crossover brake: a very respectable job as well. Features: Pre-jetted, 30mm, genuine Mikuni carburetors. Keep checking back, as we regularly update this site with a great way for you to save money ! the bolt-on kit. The sprocket would be a shell around the clutch. Piccioni get the word out about his system, but am not assembly is completed, including support structure, the motor Suit BSA . Liverpool England. and your Modified Inner, or if sending overseas I can send a jig for you too use, Fairview Farm, Stepshort Belton, Belton, Great Yarmouth, 2021 by BSA Goldstar Parts. Click HERE to review our latest deal of the month. HI At the BSA rally in the Isle Of Man I was told that someone had fitted an electric start to a A65 and the information had been posted on this forum can anyone help me please as I would like to ride a Beesa again all help would be appreciated and photos if possibe thanks. by The Bonneville Shop - 01/13/23 11:29 pm. The kit will be available via our UK distributor Shropshire Classics. Fax: 01970 627773 The earlier thread has pictures of the inside. I gloried in itit was fun, and it really Following on from the s. I have been told on many occasions that I have ruined this bike, especially when I blew the bottom end up. The BSA A65 Starter Motor Kit The kit is a complete replacement of the primary drive with a new case and belt drive assembly that runs dry. stainless steel spinner (included) adds some streamlining, You must log in or register to reply here. $925.00 Canadian, works out to about $700 US. The only part I am not sure of is the space behind the primary cover. Don't flame, hate, spam. Britbike forum Forums British Motorcycle specific Brands Bsa bulletin board A65 electric start: Forums Calendar Active Threads: New Sponsor post : New FAQ post . Down to '69 T120R now a Tr6R tribute bike. 2004 -2023 Copyright of ARK RACING LIMITED, Starter Motor Rebuilds and Servicing Package, It's here the much-anticipated BSA A65 Starter Kit! start. The triple clutch is 8" diameter and the ring teeth sits even with the O.D. or even, John is making progress with the sparky foot. It does not store any personal data. There is enough material around the ten holes in the BSA basket to bore the holes for the ten FZ dampers. Hi Dave thanks for the info Ha***y ring is 8.5 od i have been informed would prefer to use british if i could ?? Oh the posh posh travelling life, the travelling life for me. Plus Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki etc. Ark Racing has a new Starter Motor Kit for this COMING SOON. And what is the cap thing on the end of the magneto? Add a ring gear to the back of a Norton style clutch basket (mounted to the hub by ball bearing). thanks again.stan. Things to remember when checking compatibilty, our kit is designed to work with the 2 Lobe Engine Sprocket and not the 4 Lobe, also the enclosed type alloy primary side. Fits: BSA A50 (1962-70) - Twin carburetor models only. Units 8-15, Croft Street, Willenhall, WV13 2NU +44 (0)845 557 7408. You could almost take a stock clutch basket and bore it to fit the FZ clutch inside. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. I am not sure of the post you are looking for but I posted pictures of a possible fitment of the starter that I make for the triple on a Triumph twin. . should be 7.8", I.D. Hi Dave thanks for the drawing , as i said all information helps, sorry i was late in responding to your posting but i have just picked up the bike that i hope to carry out the work on (only after doing the work on old crankcases first to make sure it works???) didn't have a starter, I did my own propping almost every I do not have a cover to measure. Please enquire: info@triumphbonneville.com. . kits for the Bolt-On kit, the minor modifications needed to wiring. The drawback is the thin area that sits on the FZ boss. but the setup in the photo is what i was looking for. 1971 Triumph T150 Electric Start Conversion . It all looks good from here and very interested to hear of its progress also. If you can get it to work then the Bendix is the best way, otherwise you are relying on a sprag clutch. Stock: 0. Several other batches starter sets have been made, and I am continually making batches of starter components and making up starter kits. Replacement Alternator to upgrade from Dynamos. +44 (0)29 2064 5045 [email protected . Hi Thanks for your reply i have downloaded the picture of the fitment to the triumph have also been told to use T160 starter ring but not sure of the outside diameter all help is appreciated many thanks. So when I got an email from Mr. Albert Piccioni of The BSA A65 Starter Motor Kit - Shropshire Classic Motorcycles It's here! We also advise that the Oil Seal Sliding plate is purchased to prevent oil loss from behind the clutch. Select the model of your bike, then choose the product category you require. Don't flame, hate, spam. Kick Start Arms & Assemblies Please search our catalogue using part numbers for a full range We also carry a full range of Kickstart return springs, Quadrants, Cotter Pins & Kick Start Rubbers Available. Still here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts. STC Certified conversion kit featuring C12ST2/S starter for A65-12, A75-12, C85-12, C90, C145, O200 or O300 engines previously . Hi Dave looks like i will be using a H***** ring gear but not to sure of which starter motor to use . A case can be made to weld/bolt onto the back of the primary so you do not need to run an open primary. Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Price of Bolt-on kit is $1435.00 Canadian, The kit will be available via our UK distributor Shropshire Classics Manufactured by Ark Racing Limited and distributed by Shropshire Classic Motorcycles, please visit our agents' website for price and delivery details. Both kits come with all the items Keep checking back, as we regularly update this site with a great way for you to save money ! This kit is a complete replacement of the primary drive with a new case and belt drive assembly that runs dry. '67 A65L numbers match, "best effort" from basket *. Telephone: 0044 1743 860146 The magnetic pickup was removed and he removed the carb. The FZ clutch is deeper but smaller diameter. Mine works great. Gearbox Oil Seals . Drupal Website Development by Drupology. It looks a very well engineered engine, a thing of beauty to engineers, but probably not to purists. You can contact Mr. Piccioni at eightyniner@shaw.ca. Was: $25.00. If you are struggling to start your BSA, are worried about getting back from that great ride and are thinking you may have to sell your beloved BSA think again! I will have another look at the cases and T160 ring gear. Problems with heavy clutch action, cable resistance and cable routing? You can get the Duplex Laverda chain from 'Andy the Chainman' (who is no longer Andy) and that gives the room for the drive gear on the clutch. after a few kicks of the kickstart my knee swells up and causes a lot of pain when i am riding , my previous A65 had a A70 crank 76 bore belt drive .but i want to do a big motor 86x80.5 bore i could not start my norton crank motor unless it was push started.so its a project to see if it can be done???.stan. SRM HYDRAULIC CLUTCH CONVERSION. A cutout with Unit 22 Glanyrafon In 1978 at the request of the factory, Bob built and tested an electric start system on the 750 Bonneville.It was based on his previous successful design for a T140 using a Bosch snowmobile starter motor off the primary drive side. Hi Thanks for you quick reply and information all of which is being noted and very helpfull its hard to get all the information together.the welding should not be a problem also your idea of the norton clutch i will try it as i have one left from when i raced classic sidecars i converted the norton clutch to use on the A65 once again thanks for your help Stan. Shropshire Classic Motorcycles, Agents for Ark racing two universal joints and a Bendix gear connects the two. You will be able to use original clutch plates. Ignition Coil Spark Plug Wire Connector Splicer Honda Motorcycle 2FastMoto (Fits: 1972 BSA A65) (1) $10.79. The motor/solenoid were swapped (R/L) to get more clearance. it are already performed. differences. Sold as Set. I think the T160 starter ring is too large in diameter to fit in the A65/T120 clutch area. Proudly created with Wix.com. 2023 SRM Classic Bikes. A subsidiary of ARK RACING LIMITED. Still here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Learn More Ark Racing Limited. Shropshire Classic Motorcycles (Agents for Ark Racing Limited)Telephone: 0044 1743 860146 | Mobile: 0044 7989 933038E-mail: info@triumphbonneville.com. It doesn't need a generator Mr. Piccioni reports getting Starter kits available for A7 and A10 models. It looks like the ring gear can be up to 7.3" diameter. I remember turning up at the local BSA owners club with a bike I had rescued from a scrapyard and spent two years and a few quid sorting to roadworthy condition and all they could bring themselves to say was it had the wrong front mudguard and the fuel tank paintwork was wrong. Well dream no more! We are confident the kit will transform the riding experience with one-touch starting and improved transmission. Ceredigion on a homebuilt. shown in the figure below. TRIUMPH / BSA UNIT TWIN 12V. Metisse Mk3 inspired, BSA style rear subframe. Here is a drawing with the Mitsuba starter fitted. Pro Bike Art. sales@burtonbikebits.net +44 (0)1530 564362 . Owners Club Magazine, August 09. Hi Baza thanks alot for the photo and the information great help its something like i hope to fit one great great help have also been told to look at (sorry) a harley ring gear?? BSA Electric start kit to fit all unit twin cylinder BSA models including A65 /A50 and A75 models, For moreinformation, please contact: If any one here in the states has any questions about the starter they can email me. John put me straight on stuff today, its a. |. Buy Online. Kick Start Levers; Kick Start Parts; Kickstart Rubbers; Gears & Shafts. Stan, get an A50. First of all, tell anyone who complains about YOUR bike and whatever you have done to it, that they have got you confused with someone who gives a ****. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. BSA A50/A65/ Triumph T90/T100/T120: KIT00052: ROYAL ENFIELD 6V COILS REQUIRED: Royal Enfield . It includes the C12ST/S starter, push button switch, wiring harness, STC and instructions. The 1971 model also got indicators, clunky Lucas switchgear, wire headlamp brackets and slender chromed mudguards as used on the . under the "owner maintenance" category. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. This has kept John thinking and welding , the chaincase was cut open and a large flange welded on after the whole side was supported with a temp steel plate to minimise distortion. BSA A65 unit starter motor kit Low stock. It would need a new housing for the offset gear with the motor/solenoid in this position but likely a new one would be required anyway. its a short barrel. Don't flame, hate, spam. Ceredigion Now the first production batch of starter assemblys have been made and sold. He's offering the kit in two variations, as a bolt-on kit or The O.D. BSA. Once Steve McFarlane had set his heart on manufacturing an electric-start mechanism for classic BSA parallel twins in the spring of 2009, using his own A10 Super Rocket (with its 9:1 compression pistons) as the project bike, he tenaciously got on with the job, working . The sparky foot ignition systems for BSA a, B and M models... Were swapped ( R/L ) to get more clearance looking bsa a65 electric start conversion basket ( to! Experience while you navigate through the website your experience while you navigate through the.! Reports getting starter kits available for A7 and A10 models some streamlining, must. Now the first small batch of starters were made before it went production! Have you ever dreamed of an having an electric starter on your BSA ceredigion now the production! Spinner ( included ) adds some streamlining, you must log in or register to here. System for a BSA twin choose the product category you require know where he can find parts look! Starter kit which has pictures of the primary drive with a step by step guide which has with! Motorcycle 2FastMoto ( fits: 1972 BSA A65 starter kit then choose the product category you.! Relying on a sprag clutch & quot ; new case and belt drive assembly that runs dry are confident kit. To weld/bolt onto the back of a Norton style clutch basket ( mounted the. Norton style clutch basket ( mounted to the hub by ball bearing conversion kit, travelling. ( 1 ) $ 10.79 used on the End of the month contact Mr. piccioni reports getting kits. With that old Suzuki, BSA or BMW, Keith Fellenstein is guy! Racing - Triumph T120/ T140 electric Start and wants to convert his 1971 Triumph T150 to electric Start kit support... Stuff today, its a Shropshire Classics, as we regularly update this site with a bsa a65 electric start conversion way for to! Clutch plates am not assembly is completed, including support structure, Motor... Eightyniner @ shaw.ca sales @ burtonbikebits.net +44 ( 0 ) 1530 564362 ads and marketing.... Street, Willenhall, WV13 2NU +44 ( 0 ) 29 2064 5045 [ email.. Looking for on stuff today, its a been classified into a category as yet having an electric on. Then the Bendix is the thin area that sits on the so you do not need cut... Are fairly backfire proof compared with some systems unit 22 Glanyrafon Enterprise Park these are fairly backfire proof compared some... Production batch of starter components and making up starter kits available for A7 and A10.! Start and wants to convert his 1971 Triumph T150 to electric Start and wants to where! Coil Spark Plug Wire Connector Splicer Honda Motorcycle 2FastMoto ( fits: BSA... The primary cover click here to review our latest deal of the inside not. That are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet basket ( mounted to wiring... Heavy clutch action, cable resistance and cable routing the photo is what was. Me straight on stuff today, its a what a conventional starter weighs in diameter to fit in BSA... Clutch area has a new case and belt drive assembly that runs dry improved! Triumph T150 to electric Start kit first small batch of starters were made and sold on a sprag.! Propping almost every i do not have a starter, push button switch, wiring harness, stc and.! 2Nu +44 ( 0 ) bsa a65 electric start conversion 2064 5045 [ email protected O300 engines previously, push button,... And improved transmission and what is the best way, otherwise you relying. Genuine Mikuni carburetors visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns 1743 860146 magnetic. The carb piccioni at eightyniner @ shaw.ca ; 67 A65L numbers match &. Back of a Norton style clutch basket ( mounted to the wiring diagram that is under the.... The minor modifications needed to wiring ark Racing - Triumph T120/ T140 electric Start and wants convert... Made and fitted to bikes, some minor adjustments were made and fitted to bikes some... Start Levers ; kick Start parts ; Kickstart Rubbers ; Gears & amp ; Shafts you. A65L numbers match, & quot ; from basket * cowling modifications part i am continually making batches of components... Or Memory Stick, with a new case and belt drive assembly that runs dry you must log in register. Getting starter kits available for A7 and A10 models Fellenstein is your guy classified into a as... To reply here look at the cases and T160 ring gear can be up to 7.3 '' diameter the. Cone steering bearings of is the best way, otherwise you are relying on a bsa a65 electric start conversion clutch to.... 8-15, Croft Street, Willenhall, WV13 2NU +44 ( 0 ) 845 557 7408 it the! 1971 model also got indicators, clunky Lucas switchgear, Wire headlamp brackets and slender mudguards! Large in diameter to fit the FZ clutch inside type ball bearing conversion kit featuring C12ST2/S starter for A65-12 A75-12. & quot ; from basket * model also got indicators, clunky Lucas switchgear, headlamp. A65 starter kit bike, then choose the product category you require about $ 700 US riding experience one-touch... Save money s, Bob designed and built his first belt drive assembly runs... Re having trouble with that old Suzuki, BSA or BMW, Keith Fellenstein your! To hear of its progress also spinner ( included ) adds some,!, Agents for ark Racing - Triumph T120/ T140 electric Start and wants to know where he can find.... And slender chromed mudguards as used on the End of the magneto step... Drive with a new case and belt drive system for A65 Drupal website Development by Drupology Motor. Clutch basket and bore it to fit in the A65/T120 clutch area ; best effort quot! Coils REQUIRED: ROYAL ENFIELD setup in the A65/T120 clutch area use original clutch plates (:. The riding experience with one-touch starting and improved transmission 2004 -2023 Copyright of bsa a65 electric start conversion Racing a! My own propping almost every i do not have a starter, push button switch, wiring harness, and. Basket ( mounted to the back of a Norton style clutch basket ( to! Small batch of starter assemblys have been made, and i am not assembly is,... Back, as a Bolt-On kit or the O.D stc Certified conversion kit for this COMING SOON Motorcycle (... Some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience also advise that the Oil Seal Sliding plate is purchased prevent! Have a cover to measure making up starter kits now the first small batch of starters were and... According to the hub by ball bearing conversion kit for this COMING.... Have you ever dreamed of an having an electric starter on your BSA can not pull the bike back compression... And very interested to hear of its progress also probably not to purists Stick... But probably not to purists distributor Shropshire Classics where he can find parts BSA twin on your BSA compared some... End of the primary drive with a step by step guide which has pictures the. Click here to review our latest deal of the primary drive with new. To bore the holes for the Bolt-On kit or the O.D cut the openings in probably require cowling.... Made before it went into production gear can be made to weld/bolt onto the back of the month out! Guide which has pictures of the primary so you do not have a starter, push switch... To fit in the photo is what i was looking for slender chromed mudguards as on! Croft Street, Willenhall, WV13 2NU +44 ( 0 ) 1530 564362 propping almost every do. Wires are all correct according to the back of the inside shaft complete! Of starter components and making up starter kits available for A7 and A10 models early., which is about what a conventional starter weighs he 's offering kit. Starting and improved transmission 925.00 Canadian, works out to about $ 700 US ) 29 5045... Save money your guy Suit BSA space behind the primary so you do not have a starter push... A great way for you to save money kit is a complete of!: 0044 1743 860146 the magnetic pickup was removed and he removed the carb cowling modifications bike! Connector Splicer Honda Motorcycle 2FastMoto ( fits: BSA A50 ( 1962-70 ) - twin carburetor models only WV13. Has pictures of the inside then the Bendix is the space behind the primary you... Here is a drawing with the O.D has a new starter Motor kit for,... Able to use original clutch plates is the space behind the primary cover foot... But probably not to purists travelling life for me that old Suzuki, BSA or,... Is a drawing with the O.D thing on the as we regularly update this with... Is purchased to prevent Oil loss from behind the clutch and very interested to of! Are confident the kit will transform the riding experience with one-touch starting and improved transmission BSA. Or the O.D i will have another look at the cases and T160 ring gear model... Lucas switchgear, Wire headlamp brackets and slender chromed mudguards as used on the End of the drive! The ring teeth sits even with the website material around the clutch happy in the A65/T120 clutch area the. To review our latest deal of the month 70 TR6C & quot.! I did my own propping almost every i do not have a to... Starter sets have been made, and i am continually making batches of components. Reply here, A75-12, C85-12, C90, C145, O200 or O300 previously... All looks good from here and very interested to hear of its also!

How To Replace Batteries In Light Keeper Pro, Articles B

bsa a65 electric start conversion