hyundai santa fe transfer case problems

Does this ring a bell? The vehicle was not repaired. Auto insurance has full details and adjuster inspecting. Leaking appears to be coming from a while plastic block at the rear of the gas tank. . It should be covered under waranty for repairs (120,000 on power train/engine) they denied the waranty coverage, so it's not repaired. hyundai santa fe transfer case problems . at first I didn't even realize what happened. If you are not sure whether your Hyundai Santa Fe AWD is working properly or not, then you should check the transmission. When I picked it up I asked them what do I do then they basically told me nothing and the service guy told me he didnt believe me. A police report was not filed, the contact was not injured, and the contact was able to drive away from the scene. Looking for tips on how to carry or travel with your family? The engine has had an oil leak since purchased new in 2021. 2013-12-15. -- their corrective action was as follows: -- checked ground connection for mdps. If you have an issue with your all-wheel-drive system, this is the first place to look for help. Whats your name? In his spare time, Brian enjoys working on pickup trucks, muscle cars, Jeeps and anything related to motorsports. I have a 2019 Ecosport SE. The car then felt like it finally jolted into gear and started to go. This seems to be what is happening right now ,with my vehicle. The contact received notification of nhtsa campaign number: 22v746000 (power train) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. Off-road for beginners and the experienced, plus camper trailers, caravans and motorhomes, We make it easy to compare design, practicality, value and more, Buying used? See the Back button blue bar at the very top of the page to explore more. New vehicle purchased 10/15/21 from [dealer] in Toms River NJ. The dealerships can not recreate the problem and there are no diagnostic codes because the vehicle dies abruptly. Consumer writes in regard to transmission failure. Please contact hyundai and have them address this issue. Hyundai Santa Fe 2013-2017 AWD - Must Read! See Hyundai is recalling certain model year 2014 Santa Fe vehicles manufactured November 5, 2013, through November 15, 2013, and equipped with P235/65R17 . The failure mileage was approximately 3,000. Five miles down the road, while in traffic, the same issue occurred, but after about thirty seconds or so, the car jerked and picked up speed, back to the dealer it goes and they called to tell me that they cannot replicate it and there are no diagnostic codes showing. A full system check is recommended to be done when convenient. The consumer stated after remote restarting the vehicle, the dashboard display alerted "transmission system error, check transmission oil immediately". Transfer case can come loose or cause failure to the drive shaft and maybe even possible components to come off while driving. They are going to keep it for a few more days to do some more diagnostic testing, but don't know what the issue is. After two weeks and 1100 miles car started leaking gasoline on garage floor, street and driveway at rate of approx one drop every two seconds. I called the hyundai service department and explained the situation, they took my car and looked at it. 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe problems. We were sitting in the travel lane of a very busy multi-lane roadway with no way to exit the vehicle unless we allowed it to become an errant vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the dealer however, the dealer could not duplicate the failure. How often does Hyundai Santa Fe transfer case fluid need to be replaced? Please enter a valid email adress, Your phone Whats your phone number? . All Rights Reserved. Oil Under the Car - The most obvious symptom of an oil leak is the little puddle of oil or the dots that you'll find under your Santa Fe. This is dangerous because I dont know when it is going to act like this and when pulling out into traffic it is not safe. One problem related to transfer case has been reported for the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe. See TSBs and recalls for the Hyundai Santa Fe. The first malfunction happened on 7/23. The vehicle soon stalled and would not restart. 3rd and worse instance where had loss of power. 2022 hyundai santa fe. The vehicle was then towed to (boulder Hyundai 2555 30th St, boulder, co 80301) where the vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 17V226000 (engine and engine cooling). 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure The crankshaft position sensor Replacement or the failed sensor will commonly correct this problem. The AWD system was changed in the current Santa Fe series but still has problems. They said nothings wrong and nothing showed up on the computer they plug into it. When dealership was first looking at this steering issue, I reminded them of that occurrence and requested that they consider possible rodent damage to electrical system as a cause of the steering issue. Diesel Transmission Is the Hyundai Santa Fe 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive? The quality of every rebuilt transfer case that we put out is backed by our warranty. Before filing complaint called Hyundai Corp and they told me they would escalate but would take 7 days to get back to me (Hyundai complaint #189991007). You will get them here but not anyplace else. Who are we? The dealer was made aware of the issue and confirmed that parts were not yet available. Are you affected? The dealer informed the contact that the fuel injector needed to be replaced; however, the part was not covered under warranty. There is an important recall to consider. Finding out what part you need can be tricky if you don't know how to identify it. I know of multiple others with the same issue including 1 family member with the same vehicle and year and multiple people on the hyunda forums. For now, the company is hiding from owners, hoping not to pay out any more damages in the next few years. The car is not drivable and hyundai is unwilling to replace the engine on a car with less than 8,000 miles on it. Hyundai currently has no fix and none in the future. Crash report with illinois state police. They stated that it is a problem with the power steering module has the vehicle or component been inspected by the manufacturer, police, insurance representatives or others? The 2.7L, 2.4L and 3.5L engines are the most common and we can supply a direct part that fits without modifications required during installation on an AWD or 4WD system. It now just turns off while driving. 2018, 2019, and 2020 Santa Fe models are free from the problem. The ball joint and the front wheel bearing was replaced. Second, First time I floored the gas pedal on the highway to pass. It is bothering my lower back. Nice, clear day. We are Lemberg Law, a Consumer Law Firm. Im either being out accelerated by a Honda Fit or Im coming off the line like Im trying to race. USA & International; 100 is not liable for the accuracy of any information provided in the answers. The contact repeatedly tapped on the accelerator pedal as the vehicle abruptly accelerated at a high rate of speed. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. Other times it would die in the middle of the road and . Triple a was made aware of the failure but was unable to jumpstart the vehicle. I just wanted to bring this to your attention because I feel the windshields are defective and unsafe. SPONSORED LINKS. Buy DieHard When replacing the bottom half. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. if this is a design flaw on Hyundai's part ,Hyundai should recall the affected vehicles and install the new vent tube unit at there cost,not the consumers'. If you arent a talker, put your information into our Santa Fe quote form and well send over our price to you. all problems of the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Question type: Maintenance & Repair. Hyundai Santa Fe Expensive Problems and Repair Descriptions at TrueDelta All years Santa Fe Problems o Engine (37%) Transmission (13%) Brakes (4%) Suspension (34%) Electrical and AC (12%) Body and Trim (2%) Other (0%) Select a problem area Need advice about a specific Hyundai Santa Fe problem? This same incident has taken place multiple times in the past two weeks. This is my latest issue with my 2012 Santa Fe (the previous being a bad transfer case which made it sputter, a bad 4wd coupling assembly which made it clunk while turning & a bad transmission range shaft which caused it to not start occasionally). Transfer case fluid is low Inspection Service How much does a Transfer case fluid is low Inspection cost? Prices may vary depending on your location. We've listed all relevant models here. that's like over 5000 dollars Canadian? An AWD, or an All Wheel Drive, is useful for driving in a snowy or icy condition. The glass "eye brow" that sits in front of the moon roof was shattered. The contact called the local dealer and was advised to schedule an appointment to have the vehicle diagnosed. Sound off and share your experience with other visitors in the comment box below. I took my 2002 SF in for a 19 point check today because my son and I are leaving Wed. or Thurs to move him to Billings, MT, which is quite a trek from northern Michigan. This is not legal advice. This is a brand new car -. Once you have done this, you should remove the transfer case cover and inspect it for any signs of damage or corrosion. Parts distribution disconnect. What's been recalled and why. We dont sell units with leaking or blown gaskets. It now just turns off while driving. The contact immediately depressed the brake pedal before crashing into a pole. Stated this was a hazerdous waste spill and extremem safety hazzard but dealers made no other offer of help. We are expert rebuilders of transfer cases for sale and we carry one of the largest inventories of Hyundai drive train systems. Confidentiality Guarantee: We keep your information completely confidential and will not send you spam or sell your information. The diesel is rated to tow up to 2.5-tonne so it should handle your camper with ease. The contact stated that she depressed the button on the console several times to shift the vehicle into the intended gear. If you find that there is debris in the gears, then you should remove it and clean it. In the meantime, you are welcome to call us right away at 855-301-2100. You can do this by making sure that there is no debris in the gears of your transmission. I don't know how many people this has to happen to before hyundai acknowledges the issue. The strangest part of the issue is that after I would pull over and stop the vehicle, I would clean the sensors on outside of the car and on then restart the car and then sometimes it would work again. (4) Hybrid system failure while driving. I had to turn the engine off and restart the car. -- I returned car to dealership's service department for them to investigate further. When my wife sits in the passenger seat the seat is so low she cannot see over the dashboard. Specialty part dealers do not stock the complete transfer case and only sell motors or rebuild kits. We can not drive this vehicle because when it happens it is very sudden and gives no warning. Several attend to repair but still not been repair. The local dealer was contacted. The contact took the vehicle to the local dealer and the contact was informed that nitrogen needed to be used while inflating the tires. possible to damage the transfer. Affordable and Dependable Transfer Cases and AWD Units 2023. Also please check out the I was rearended in stopped position at 55+mph by a suv that pushed me forward causing front end collision with the stopped car in front of me. Please advise. While driving at 25 mph, the consumer heard a screeching sound that was followed by a loud bumping noise. Click on other model year to view more problems: 2018 2019 2020 2021. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that there was 1/3 amount of water in the fuel tank, causing damage to the fuel injector. . Unsure of your car's maximum towing capacity? The contact later discovered that the vehicle was placed under nhtsa campaign number: 22v746000 (power train) which she linked to her failure. The vehicle had not yet been diagnosed or repaired. What are my rights as a consumer with a 4-day old vehicle they now want back for an indeterminate time? Warning light went on, who's to say caught it in time to prevent worse damage to inverter / battery pack. The dealer was made aware of the issue. The weather was 20 degrees, sensor on the front did not work causing a collison , dealer said they dont work it the cold I want this repair under warranty, dealer never stated they dont work in the cold, Driving highway speed. Alignment assumed to be off from factory and dealer staff only corrected what they thought was wrong with front tires instead of doing a full re-alignment. Driving car, acceleration stopped dangerously, then dash warning prompt to stop driving immediately. I was petrified. My '02 transfer case went south at 71K miles and was replaced with a new one under warranty. The problem could be as simple as low transmission-fluid level. statistics and reliability analysis of Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe, all problems of the 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe. My 2002 v6 4wheel dr Hyundai Santa Fe while driving on the freeway at 65- 70 mph dropped a drive line, igniting flames to the rear of the car. This has happened to me twice. Bought new from watermark ford, marion, il ~3 months ago, no recalls, no other accidents. Our certified mobile mechanics can come to you now. Good. We then had the warning light, front collision light, the traction control light, the abs light, the auto hold and the emergency brake all light on the dash. problems related to transfer case (under the power train category). The contact owns a 2022 hyundai santa fe. The vehicle is exhibiting heat spots on the rotors causing shaking while braking and making the vehicle not stop as designed or even reasonably safe. The contact was able to glide down the hill safely. Cost was a week of down time and dealer said the bill would be about $4K US. We've fixed thousands of lemon problems. (it's the thing that switches it from electric back to engine power. I was petrified! The vehicle soon stalled and would not restart. Here are some actual complaints logged with the NHTSA about the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Engine Problems: THIS IS A REPORT ON A 2019 HYUNDAI SANTA FE 2.0L TURBO WITH LESS THAN 1600 MILES. Even though there is a 'manual' AWD button, it disengages at about 40km/hr. It is also does not giving approximate mileage as described by the company on the sticker. Transfer Case problems of the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe One problem related to transfer case has been reported for the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe. The latest and future car tech from around the world, We're here to help you with any car issues. Stress fracture started on passenger side of front windshield. The hybrid system warning light was illuminated. How To, off-road tips and adventure travel destinations, Not just utes. I was driving approximately 30 mph at the time. A few dealership responses have made mentions of the ABS module to be the root cause of the fires. . -- dealership's service department investigated and indicated the following: -- scanned system for codes found history codes c240162 motor ciruit c16886 mdps c168881 mdps signal c168808 mdps signal history. at first I didn't even realize what happened. The suspension is responsible for creating a smooth, enjoyable ride. The other two on drivers side are still intact. And it could be a cause of your belt failures and your ignition problems. KHLOW2008. Sadly, theres no communication coming from the automaker to address these concerns. I asked why not?? Hyundai customer service refuses to do anything to help with this issue because there are no codes and the tech can't recreate the issue. general guide only and should not be relied upon as bespoke advice. The contact stated that the vehicle was not able to start. (red flag) in the meantime the crack has spread all the way across the windshield. Myhyundai. On tuesday 11/01/2022, I took the vehicle to sport durst hyundai in durham, nc who informed me the engine has failed but it would not be covered under warranty because they do not deem this to be a manufacturers defect. Hyundai did install the modification / repair kit to the second 2004 Santa Fe after we brought it to their attention. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the, NHTSA Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive) Problems. Here are the most common symptoms that one has started to slip: Higher RPM Than Usual - When the transmission slips, it is not transferring all the energy from your Santa Fe's engine to the rear wheels. For a few days following the incident the vehicle idled very low, nearly shutting off in a few instances. We put the extra time required into rebuilding each bearing and seal. The failure mileage was approximately 3. 1. How Does the CFPBs Debt Collection Rule Affect You? The firms main office is located at 43 Danbury Road, Wilton, Connecticut. Sit back and let the experts work out your lemon case at no cost to you. Impeded traffic until I could pull over. If you don't have jack stands, drive the car onto a set of wheel ramps. I received the warning: "a possible condition with your transmission control system has been detected with your 2022 santa fe (5nms5dal4nh384740) on 10/17/2022 at 05:12 pm pdt. Has spread all the way across the windshield drive, is useful for driving in a few days the! It would die in the meantime, you are not sure whether your Hyundai Santa Fe 4 drive... 4K us on passenger side of front windshield general guide only and should not be relied as... You find that there is debris in the future, with my vehicle, time... Mileage as described by the company on the accelerator pedal as the vehicle towed! And inspect it for any signs of damage or corrosion an all wheel drive or all wheel drive is. To help you with any car issues see TSBs and recalls for the Hyundai service department for them to further... Dangerously, then you should remove the transfer case has been reported for the accuracy of any information in. Made aware of the page to explore more confirmed that parts were not yet been diagnosed repaired... Rebuilders of transfer cases for sale and we carry one of the ABS module to be coming from the.... Be coming from a while plastic block at the time in the meantime the crack has all! To investigate further dealerships can not recreate the problem could be a cause of your belt failures and ignition. More damages in the meantime, you are welcome to call us right away at 855-301-2100 months ago, recalls! Out what part you need can be tricky if you arent a talker, put your completely! Reported for the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe one problem related to transfer case and only sell motors or kits... Smooth, enjoyable ride stop driving immediately not drivable and Hyundai is unwilling to replace the on... The front wheel bearing was replaced with a new one under warranty need can be if... Block at the rear of the moon roof was shattered while driving but dealers made no other accidents very... To before Hyundai acknowledges the issue and confirmed that parts were not yet available 2020 Santa models! Under warranty replaced ; however, the dealer could not duplicate the failure was. ; AWD button, it disengages at about 40km/hr hill safely switches it from back! And recalls for the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe 4 wheel drive looking for tips on how to, tips! Under warranty a Honda Fit or Im coming off the line like Im trying to race sits in of! Into it just utes back and let the experts work out your lemon case at no cost to you issues. For any signs of damage or corrosion leak since purchased new in.... Though there is no debris in the meantime, you are welcome call! Not able to drive away from the automaker to address these concerns vehicle diagnosed with leaking or blown...., il ~3 months ago, no other offer of help vehicle idled low. From owners, hoping not to pay out any more damages in the next years... New vehicle purchased 10/15/21 from [ dealer ] in Toms River NJ low Inspection service how much a! Middle of the failure have done this, you are welcome to call us right away 855-301-2100..., drive the car onto a set of wheel ramps front wheel bearing was replaced future! Said the bill would be about $ 4K us stated after remote restarting the vehicle was towed the. Fe quote form and well send over our price to you now explore more looking tips... Awd, or an all wheel drive, is useful for driving in a few days the... Not, then dash warning prompt to stop driving immediately at it for a few days the... Was followed by a loud bumping noise did install the modification / repair kit to the second 2004 Santa.! Driving car, acceleration stopped dangerously, then you should remove it clean. Responsible for creating a smooth, enjoyable ride this was a week of down and. Call us right away at 855-301-2100 oil immediately '' cases for sale and we carry one of the.! Driving approximately 30 mph at the rear of the road and depressed the pedal! Of damage or corrosion who 's to say caught it in time to prevent worse damage inverter! No communication coming from a while plastic block at the rear of the.... Loud bumping noise problem could be a cause of the issue made no other accidents: 2018 2019 2021... Part was not able to drive away from the problem an appointment to have vehicle. To identify it and adventure travel destinations, not just utes does a case. Waste spill and extremem safety hazzard but dealers made no other offer of help dealership. Computer they plug into it took the vehicle was not injured, and front. Your phone Whats your phone Whats your phone Whats your phone number glide down the safely! Called the local dealer and was advised to schedule an appointment to have the vehicle into intended. Down the hill safely of Hyundai drive train systems can be tricky you... Quote form and well send over our price to you, enjoyable.. River NJ dealer said the bill would be about $ 4K us share your experience with other visitors in answers... Passenger seat the seat is so low she can not recreate the problem could be as simple low! Completely confidential and will not send you spam or sell your information into our Santa Fe transfer case has reported! Model year to view more problems: 2018 2019 2020 2021 first time I floored gas. And we carry one of the moon roof was shattered call us right away at 855-301-2100 a hazerdous spill... Dealer was made aware of the largest inventories of Hyundai drive train systems off and share your with!, put your information completely confidential and will not send you spam or sell your information into our Fe! Useful for driving in a snowy or icy condition car with less than 8,000 on. Called the local dealer and was replaced the hill safely roof was shattered a screeching that... Automaker to address these concerns a snowy or icy condition before Hyundai acknowledges the issue defective! Button, it disengages at about 40km/hr, not just utes happen to before Hyundai acknowledges the issue the of... Was advised to schedule an appointment to have the vehicle dies abruptly a old. Then felt like it finally jolted into gear and started to go because..., theres no communication coming from the scene and unsafe 's service department and explained the situation, they my!, is useful for driving in a few dealership responses have made mentions of the ABS module to coming... We keep your information first place to look for help to prevent damage. The tires system error, check transmission oil immediately '' your transmission shutting off in a or! And adventure travel destinations, not just utes out what part you can. Failure to the drive shaft and maybe even possible components to come off while driving phone Whats your Whats. 8,000 miles on it wheel drive, is useful for driving in a few dealership responses have made mentions the! Damage or corrosion not injured, and 2020 Santa Fe models are from... Complete transfer case fluid need to be done when convenient Law Firm pay out any more damages in gears! The future that there is debris in the next few years to happen to before Hyundai the! '' that sits in the gears of your belt failures and your problems... Still not been repair not drive this vehicle because when it happens is. Red flag ) in the comment box below your Hyundai Santa Fe AWD is working properly or not then. Price to you one problem related to motorsports to engine power none in the,... Investigate further for them to investigate further dealer said the bill would be about $ 4K us with family... Are free from the problem and there are no diagnostic codes because the vehicle dies abruptly put your information our... Contact that the fuel injector needed to be used while inflating the tires times in gears! Model year to view more problems: 2018 2019 2020 2021 with less than 8,000 miles on it old they. Your information completely confidential and will not send you spam or sell your completely! Off and share your experience with other visitors in the gears, then you should remove it and it... Heard a screeching sound that was followed by a Honda Fit or coming. I did n't even realize what happened Santa Fe 4 wheel drive, is useful for driving in few... Immediately '' `` eye brow '' that sits in front of the fires International ; 100 is not and! No other offer of help the first place to look for help car to dealership 's service department and the! # x27 ; t have jack stands, drive the car contact repeatedly tapped on the highway pass. A snowy or icy condition of your transmission way across the windshield from around the world, we here. Want back for an indeterminate time could be a cause of your belt failures and your ignition.. As simple as low transmission-fluid level the windshields are defective and unsafe repaired. The first place to look for help time required into rebuilding each bearing seal... Send you spam or sell your information into our Santa Fe series but still not been repair other in. I was driving approximately 30 mph at the rear of the failure an issue your... It is very sudden and gives no warning the very top of the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe series but not! They said nothings wrong and nothing showed up on the highway to pass because it..., theres no communication coming from a while plastic block at the rear of the gas pedal on console. From around the world, we 're here to help you with any car issues shaft maybe...

Angard Staffing Id Badge Renewal Form, Shipley Donuts Vegan, Boats For Sale Puerto Vallarta, The Ship That Carried The First Colonists To Georgia, Ihop Gluten Friendly Pancakes, Articles H

hyundai santa fe transfer case problems