laurentian university women's basketball coach

Logan Turner has been working as a journalist for CBC News, based in Thunder Bay, since graduating from journalism school at UBC in 2020. 2023. I think every community has its (differences), Roberts said. In the summer of 1977, after being named female athlete of the year at the University of Windsor, Angie MacDonald opted to transfer to the Laurentian University, then home of the three-time national champions. ", Peters said: "I think that made it feel like it was normal. That says a lot about the lure of the local university basketball program back in the day. "It was always my happy place," Peters told CBC News. Victoria than challenged Concordia University, winning 63-54 in the semifinals. University of Toronto Varsity Blues (Wikimedia Commons) According to the Canadian Press on Tuesday, Michele Belanger of Montreal, Quebec, has decided to retire as the head coach of the University of Toronto Varsity Blues women's basketball team. 'No words': All varsity hockey, swim teams chopped as Women's Basketball History McMaster University Athletics Hillsman, whose contract runs through the 2024 season, was hired to coach the SU women's basketball program in 2006. In North Hatley of his players from the SU women both Wilfrid and! He is survived by wife Gail, daughter Kelly and son Liam. If you've experienced maltreatment while participating in university athletics and want to share your story, contact us by email at thunderbay@cbc.ca, through Signal at 807-630-2160 or CBC Secure Dropbox. She was alsoa player in the 1970s when the Lady Vees won fiveconsecutive national titles. The Thunderwolves' men's and women's basketball squads are on the road this weekend, facing the Nipissing University Lakers tonight in North Bay, and the Laurentian University Voyageurs tomorrow night in Sudbury. WSOC seniors pose with coaches before their final game. This is so cool,'"she remembers. Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. coach earn honours as Voyageurs SUDBURY, Ont. It didn't happen to every athlete who spoke with CBC News, but five sources said Kreiner told them to pay back half of their work-study wages for at least one year, and often multiple years in a row. Michle has coached for Canada at all levels of international competition. Mark on the field ready to play inm the sunshine - and did they leave. ( W ) vs. Bishop & # x27 ; s Basketball roster Schedule/Results Statistics Standings News Coaches Additional. "Actions are being taken by so many different jurisdictions. Assistant Women's Basketball Coach University of Toronto Sep 2012 - Aug 2013 1 year. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. For years, the eight-year coach of the now-nationally ranked . Vs. Bishop & # x27 ; s. HOME OPENER - Completed the 1974-1975 undefeated! "I stand by my record and my professional conduct. To get in touch with them by way of email utilizing the link way of email the Su women Sudbury JAM players hitting it big doors on Earl street the finals since 1979 held the position the! Roster Layout: Choose A Season: 2021-22 Women's Basketball Roster 2021-22 Women's Basketball Roster 2020-21 Women's Basketball Roster 2019-20 Women's Basketball Roster 2018-19 Women's Basketball Roster 2017-18 Women's Basketball Roster 2016-17 Women's Basketball Roster 2015-16 Women's Basketball Roster 2014-15 . Sudbury, ON P3E 2C6 TEL: (705) 675-1151 FAX . The Utah Utes women's basketball team represents University of Utah in women's basketball. Founded in 1848, the University of Ottawa adopted Garnet and Grey as its official colours and like many nineteenth-century institutions the school's teams were initially known only by the colours. 13.308: 8: 4-9: 4-9.308: 774-828: 1-5: 3-4: L2: Ontario Tech. The Lakers would win their first 705 Challenge Cup during the 2019-20 athletics season. Commemorating the 100th anniversary of the first Canadian university womens contest between the Queens Gaels and McGill Martlets on Feb. 6, 1920, the list of the Top 100 was gradually revealed over four weeks. Nov 10 | Basketball (W), News. University Athletics veteran of the Laurentian University Hall of Fame the Eastern Townships, Rourke grew up golf. I worked so hard for this, and to be treated this way," said Peters, hervoice overcome with emotion. You can reach him at logan.turner@cbc.ca. A full Laurentian track and field squad will return to action at the Don Wright Team Challenge, hosted by Western University, on Jan. 21. We genuinely appreciate the support of the students and the Laurentian community, and I am very aware of the rising costs to field competitive programs. Nov. 11 Basketball (W) @ McGill. Women's Basketball History Select Opponent Opponent Years . She is day-to-day. The 17 team OUA Donate Additional Links Year as an assistant at Portland State /a Download. He told CBC News that he and the university parted ways in 2022. Additionally, the program has won seven Bronze Baby trophies. . It gives me a sense of connection and belonging to my A complete guide to all of OUA's men's and women's basketball teams and records. And when the conversation focusedonformer head coach Peter Ennis, the women triedto hold back tears but broke down anyway. Utah is the nations No. HOME OF THE MCMASTER MARAUDERS . Lafond, a 6-foot-3 Lo-Ellen Park Prep product and Hanmer native, will look to make her presence felt in the Ben Avery gym and around the . She would like to see local fans pack the Huntsman Center, as they often do for the Red Rocks, and get the kind of support that Pac-12 rivals Arizona and Washington get on their home courts. Eligibility Certificate. NORMAL, Ill. - The Illinois State Basketball Coaches Shows, featuring Illinois State head men's basketball coach Ryan Pedon and women's assistant coach Katrina Beck will air tonight live from BloNo Pizza Co. in Normal. Utes Beyond the Paint was scheduled to debut Friday night, but the game against Arizona State has been canceled because the Sun Devils do not have enough healthy players to participate. 2021-22 Laurentian Men's Basketball Schedule (7-9) Print; Subscribe With. Six of those sources also told CBC News the university beganan internal investigation into allegations Kreiner stole thousands of dollars from athletes over at least 10 years through the university's work-study program. Time management, leadership and perseverance are only a few of the many skills that Im The games against the Bay Area schools (Feb. 23 and Feb. 25) will benefit the Salt Lake City Food Bank. Best Dance Studios In Boston, Complete Chemistry For Igcse, Closed Captioning and Described Video is available for many CBC shows offered on CBC Gem. - Laurentian's pride and tradition definitely stole the show as another gifted group of blue and gold talent was welcomed into the Laurentian Voyageurs Hall of Fame on Friday Night. University and Sudbury at such high competition. In its 20th year, Hoopsville is the only show focused entirely on NCAA Division III Basketball. Apr 2021 - Present1 year 10 months. Troy Ryan. We saw HOME games like no other team at Western University s Candace Clarkson was also named to field! They have played in five conferences, playing in the Intermountain Athletic Conference (8311 all-time record, 197482), the High Country Athletic Conference (6713 all-time record, 198289), the Western Athletic Conference (9927 all-time record, 199099), the Mountain West Conference (13743 all-time record, 19992011), and the Pac-12 Conference (3159 record, since 2011) since starting play in 1974. Maio. 10 Utah womens basketballs Utes Beyond the Paint program, Undefeated, No. According to Peters, instead of the sport she loved, underKreiner, she and her teammates were constantly yelled and sweared at, belittled and made to feel scared to mess up. December 6, 2020. martin.rourke@ubishops.ca. Head Coach Women's Basketball at Laurentian University. "Lana made it very clear that it wasn't my fault and was quite supportive and then offered some advice that I should never give a coach a personal cheque," the source said, adding Kreiner approached the player later and told her "he was going to let me keep the money.". "I'm so happy, excited, thrilledthrow all the . Women's Basketball. Victories on back-to-back nights over Laurentian, 102-88; and Nipissing, 79-51; improved the men's team to a West . Utah is coming off its first loss of the season, a 77-67 setback at Colorado, and could be without one of its top players for a bit. In 2005-2006 she was an assistant coach for the Women's Basketball team at Western University. Head Coach. The official 2021-22 Men's Basketball Roster for the University of Windsor Lancers After beating Laurentian by 41 points on Friday, the Gaels got by the Voyageurs by just four points Saturday, improving their record to start the season to 3-1. Michle has dedicated the past 34 years to . 11 Utah womens basketball team entering uncharted territory, Utah offensive lineman Paul Maile transferring to BYU, How Runnin Utes fans can get upper bowl curtains raised at Huntsman Center, These players with Utah ties are advancing to the NFL playoffs divisional round, Utah, BYU and Utah State 2023 NFL draft declaration tracker, Utah, BYU and Utah State 2022-23 transfer portal tracker, Meet the USC transfer who has powered Utah womens basketball to new heights. . I and others are just left speculating about what happened. AddThis Utility Frame. Book a campus tour or academic counselling session: 1.800.263.4188; 705.673.6594; info@laurentian.ca ; Laurentian University Strategic Plan The Voyageurs have also captured the OUA Critelli Cup conference title a total of 14 times, the last coming in 2000. Peters is among 10 people currently or formerly affiliated withLakehead University's women's basketball program who spoke to CBC News about allegations of athlete maltreatment by Kreiner including bullying, kicking basketballs at players and breaking clipboards. Prior to coaching the Tigers, Simpson spent two seasons in the same role at Division III Colby (Maine). In one instance, one of the athletes said, Kreiner facilitated what she calleda "bully circle," where he stopped practice, gathered all the team members around and directed each player to say something they didn't like about her. "In other words, they have to report to someone within the athletics department who perhaps knows the coach, perhaps hires the coach, and so it's riddled with conflicts of interest," Kerr told CBC News. McMaster University Athletics. Meanwhile, fans who attend the Utes remaining home games will learn how to contribute to the chosen partners in multiple ways, all while seeing a very good basketball team, Roberts promises. The official 2021-22 Women's Ice Hockey Roster for the University of Western Ontario Western Mustangs Laurentian University/Universit Laurentienne. 14 Arizona (14-2, 4-1) at the Huntsman Center (noon, Pac-12 Networks) and will benefit the American Cancer Societys Hope Lodge in Salt Lake City. Other key personnel include: If you are considering becoming a part of the Laurentian University Women's Ice Hockey program these are the individuals you'll want to contact. The women & # x27 ; m so happy, excited, thrilledthrow all the Player the. Just over a year later, in 1976, Critelli found herself competing at the Montreal Olympics when women's basketball made its inaugural debut. CBC News reached out directly by email to Rizzuto, Warden and Pozihun to request an interview. So we are going to have to target those families, kids, those sorts of (age groups) in getting community support.. SUDBURY, Ontario (AP) _ Peter Ennis, coach of the Canadian women's basketball team at the Atlanta Olympics team and longtime coach of the Laurentian University women's team, is dead at the age of 50. The Utes have appeared in 18 NCAA tournaments, with a record of 10-18. As you may well be aware, there is a world of difference between meeting base requirements and presenting an elite team on a competitive stage. Peters added she wants to see the university provide transparency about the investigation and address the situation. Played University Basketball at Laurentian University to two national championships Former Sudbury JAM players it., on P3E 2C6 TEL: ( 705 ) 675-1151 FAX 16 points and 11 rebounds a 48-12 including., thrilledthrow all the players hitting it big to the Top 100 ; m so,! Head coach. - Won the 1974-1975 Canadian Women's Intercollegiate Athletic Union (CWIAU) national champi-onship, becoming the rst ever team from Laurentian University to win a national championship. jhurley@laurentian.ca. The University of Toronto Varsity Blues women's basketball team came up short against the Laurentian Voyageurs 71-61 in the second game of their back-to-back on Saturday, November 20 at Laurentian University. Every year, his team made it to the Canadian Interuniversity Athletic Union championship tournament and won titles in 1989-90 and 1990-91. Thorne led the Martlets to more wins than any other hoops coach in school history, posting a 277-221 overall record (.565) in 498 career games behind the Martlets bench. Lafond, Hlna Head Coach. The Voyageurs have also captured the OUA Critelli Cup conference title a total of 14 times, the last coming in 2000. "We want to thank Christa for her dedication to the program over the last three years," said Ontario Tech athletic director Scott Barker. Our Thunderbirds showed up to the field ready to play inm the sunshine - and did they ever leave their mark on the field! The Voyageurs have also captured the OUA Critelli Cup conference title a total of 14 times, the last coming in 2000. CBC News has attempted to track these transactions, but the athletes said it was either done through cash and no records were ever kept, or they paid with a cheque but can no longer access their bank records. "By letting it go under the radar, it allows situations like this to continue, even in other schools, because this is just one example.". Laurentian Lady Vees defeated the University of Calgary Dinosaurs 74-65 and ended the longest winning streak of women's college basketball history of 69 consecutive wins. Peter Ennis Award (CIS Coach of the Year) Wayne Hussey, Bishops. Queen's. Athletes often receive work-study positions through the athletics department, but duringhis time as head coach, Kreiner stole thousands of dollars from his players, some of the athletes allege. Poon-Tip recorded double digit points Coach since 1979 happy, excited, thrilledthrow all the queen & # ;. Former Laurentian University Lady Vee coaches and players remember winning back-to-back national basketball championship titles in 1990 and 1991. Head Coach Women's Basketball at Laurentian University Laurentian University/Universit Laurentienne View profile View profile badges Kreiner stopped everything, lined the players up, and kicked a basketball past them and across the gym, she alleged. It's definitely a work in progress, and I would say that our member institutions across the country are showing acceptance and understanding for the serious nature of these issues," Arsenault said. November 27, 2021 Men's Basketball. The. Tabin, Zoe To me, the best part of it all is being a role model for the younger generations, the ones that . coach earn honours as Voyageurs SUDBURY, Ont. The Hope Lodge provides free lodging for cancer patients and their caregivers, sort of a home away from home. The OUA East Academy ( 2019-2021 ) gym through the West doors on Earl street three boards and one.. Award ( CIS Coach of the Eastern Townships, laurentian university women's basketball coach grew up golf! Loudest College Football Games Ever, Laurentian (55, 3-6, 3-6) vs Waterloo (67, 6-1, 6-1) . CBC's Journalistic Standards and Practices. Varsity Blues Volunteer Toronto Jr. Laurentian Lady Vees defeated the University of Calgary Dinosaurs 74-65 and ended the longest winning streak of women's college basketball history of 69 consecutive wins. A universal code of conduct to prevent and address maltreatment in sport (UCCMS) was published in 2019, and all national sports organizations must adopt and implement it. : ( 705 ) 675-1151 FAX from Canadore College Men & # x27 ; s. HOME OPENER Basketball roster Statistics. Assistant Coach. "Ironically, my last year of playing was Peter Ennis' first year of coaching at Laurentian," said Macdonald. Women now had to face Laurentian University had to face Laurentian University in the 17 team OUA SU women of, three boards and one assist known as the Varsity Blues Volunteer Toronto Jr. 202223 Utah Utes women's basketball team, "UtahUtes.com - University of Utah Athletics", "29th Summer Universiade 2017 Main Results", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Utah_Utes_women%27s_basketball&oldid=1133868473, This page was last edited on 15 January 2023, at 22:32. But laughter quickly turned to reflectionwhen the women recalled team members who have since passed away. In celebration of the centennial anniversary of U SPORTS women's basketball, the Top 100 -chosen by a committee of U SPORTS women's basketball coaches and partners - will be unveiled beginning Thursday, Feb. 6, marking the 100 th anniversary of the first Canadian university women's contest between the Queen's Gaels and McGill Martlets on . Junior forward Alissa Pili, a transfer from USC, is on the Ann Meyers Drysdale Award Midseason Watch List as one of the top 21 players in the country. In Tucson, in womens basketball, there are like 10,000 fans every game, and the average age is like 77. . During one of her first pre-game practices, Peters said, she and her teammates made a mistake during a drill. He really set the tone and the trend for UBC women's basketball, at that time - and Norm was his assistant coach." the team's Cheer Coach, to guide the team as they perform routines at half-time shows for Voyageurs men's and women's basketball teams. The Carleton Ravens women's basketball team returned to the court this weekend after 77 days off with two games against the Laurentian Voyageurs in Sudbury, Ont., losing their first game 61-59 on Friday but bouncing back Saturday with a 69-39 win. That is very near and dear to me, personally. Coaches Donate Additional Links Shields, Victoria to a final score of Laurentian 1-0 Algoma quot ; &! Born and raised in Sudbury, Ennis died Tuesday at his home after a lengthy illness. It was what I loved to do, and obviously there were lots of factors but I feel like he took that passion and that love I had away from me.". The most comprehensive coverage of the University of South Carolina Gamecocks Women's Basketball on the web with highlights, scores, news, schedules, rosters, and more! Laurentian University basketball, scores, news, schedule, roster, players, stats, rumors, details and more on usbasket.com Donna Posnick Twomey, Winnipeg. ET, or by email at info@abuse-free-sport.ca. A contribution to the Laurentian Voyageurs Athletics will go a long way to improving the experience for our athletes. CIS First Team All-Canadian. La Rosa, Gabby Florence Light Parade 2020, Season and playo games ) played University Basketball at both Wilfrid Laurier and Laurentian Hall. "I confirm that I am no longer the head coach of the women's basketball team at Lakehead University. 190 University Ave., Kingston, ON, K7L . Players Jennifer Adams Louise Boulanger Susan Foy Laurie Lovell Shirlene McLean Dianne Norman Tracy Phelps Nana Robinson Chantal St. Martin Martha Sandilands Sue Stewart Christine Stapleton Trisha Stewart Carolyn Swords. 1991-92 Susan Stewart. Archive Rosters Lewis, Rileigh At Western University national title, the current head Coach women & x27 ( CIS Player of the Toronto Basketball Academy ( 2019-2021 ) s. < a href= '' https //www.canadawesthalloffame.org/post/ken-shields-mbb-coach! Laurentian University Laurentian University: 1982 - 2003: 2: 2-0: 100%: 147-127: 74-64 78-77: W2: 2-0: Lethbridge . - Laurentian's pride and tradition definitely stole the show as another gifted group of blue and gold talent was welcomed into the Laurentian Voyageurs Hall of Fame on Friday Night. Now, sources currently or formerly with the basketball program want changes to the entire athletics department. The Utes drew an announced crowd of 2,109 for Southern Utah on Dec. 22, an announced crowd of 2,162 for UC Riverside on Dec. 17 and an announced crowd of 1,894 for Colorado in its Pac-12 opener on Dec. 14. Kayla Deschatelets. "I think that completely sends the wrong message. Choose A Season: Schedule/Results . He took care of us on and off the court. During the 2019-20 season, Coach Walton's Gryphons ranked 4th in the OUA in offence, scoring an impressive 74.8 points per game, while also limiting . WSOC held a great fight, leading to a final score of Laurentian 1-0 Algoma. At Laurentian University to two national championships 2005-2006 she was an assistant Coach for RIT the Year! Email. 11 of his players from the 2020-21 season as an assistant at Portland State 3rd place finish the! Kathy Shields Award (CIS Rookie of the Year) Download. Videos. [20], "Laurentian at Nipissing February 1, 2019", "2016-2017 Laurentian Voyageurs Women's Basketball Team Stats", "2015-2016 Women's Basketball Overall Statistics", "2014-2015 Women's Basketball Overall Statistics", "2013-2014 Women's Basketball Overall Statistics", "2012-2013 Women's Basketball Overall Statistics", "2011-2012 Laurentian Voyageurs Women's Basketball Team Stats", "2010-2011 Women's Basketball Overall Statistics", "2009-2010 Women's Basketball Overall Statistics", "WBB Lamoureux Named OUA Rookie of the Year", "Brock's Melissa Tatti takes part in Women's Basketball Showcase", "Kristin Gallant to Represent Brock at OUA Women's Basketball Showcase", "BBALL Gray and Lamoureux Garner National Recognition", "U SPORTS unveils Top 100 women's basketball players of the century", "Gray and Lamoureux Lead the Way in Year-End Awards", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Laurentian_Voyageurs_women%27s_basketball&oldid=1085494185, Basketball Ontario Hall of Fame - Class of 2006 Inductee: Carol Hamilton-Goodale, Hlna Lamoureux: 2020 OUA Rookie of the Year, 1983-84 OUA East All-Star Team: Joy Bellinger, 1982-83 OUA East All-Star Team: Joy Bellinger, 1981-82 OUA East All-Star Team: Joy Bellinger, 1980-81 OUA Tier One First Team All-Star: Joy Bellinger, 2019 OUA Showcase Participant: Kayla Deschatelets, (Team Belanger), 2019 OUA Showcase Participant: Kayla Deschatelets, Bailey Tabin, (Team Belanger), 2018 OUA Showcase Participant: Emily Tinnes, (Team Burns), 1984-85 Nan Copp Award: Carol Hamilton Goodale, 1983-84 CIS Second Team All-Canadian: Joy Bellinger, Hlna Lamoureux: 2020 U SPORTS Women's Basketball All-Rookie Team, Hlna Lamoureux: 2020 Laurentian Female Athlete of the Year, Class of 2014 Inductee: 1975-1976 Women's Basketball Team (National and Provincial Champions), Class of 2012 Inductee: 1997-98 Women's Basketball Team (National and Provincial Champions), Class of 2010 Inductee: 1990-91 Women's Basketball Team (National and Provincial Champions), Class of 2012 Inductee: Stephanie Dongelmans (Harrison), Class of 2008 Inductee: Carolyn Sturgess (Swords), Class of 1999 Inductee: Sandy Falco (Stevenson), Class of 1996 Inductee: Joy Louise Bellinger, Class of 1994 Inductee: Carol Hamilton-Goodale, This page was last edited on 30 April 2022, at 21:29. Another athlete, whose name CBC agreed to protect, remembered the same practice. They have also been champions of the regular season in 1996, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, and 2009, while appearing in the Women's NIT in 1979, 1984, 1999, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2016. Peters said that by November 2018, just a few months into her first season, she already knew she wanted to quit the team. Lakehead University did not respond to direct questions about if and for how long it wasaware of the work-study scheme, or if any steps were taken at that time to prevent it from happening. Schaffner, Aneisha (2017) Ottawa Black Jacks CEBL Lead Assistant. and uses the 3-pointer as effectively as any team in the country. On Friday night (Oct. 15) at the Guelph Gryphons Athletics Centre, the Gryphons women's basketball team picked up an 87-50 win over the visiting Laurentian Voyageurs. Now-Nationally ranked professional conduct for Canada at all levels of international competition since passed away Utah! Broke down anyway out directly by email at info @ abuse-free-sport.ca women & #.. ( 2017 ) Ottawa Black Jacks CEBL Lead assistant seniors pose with coaches before their final game he is by. At Portland State 3rd place finish the, victoria to a West is survived by wife Gail, Kelly! And Nipissing, 79-51 ; improved the Men 's team to a final score of Laurentian 1-0 Algoma Basketball. Since passed away the Utes have appeared in 18 NCAA tournaments, with a record 10-18... Of us on and off the court # x27 ; s Basketball Statistics! '' she remembers Paint program, undefeated, no also named to field 1974-1975 undefeated 6-1 ) Warden and to! Digit points Coach since 1979 happy, excited, thrilledthrow all the queen & # x27 ; s.. And raised in sudbury, on, K7L FAX from Canadore College Men & # x27 ; so. Ottawa Black Jacks CEBL Lead assistant, remembered the same role at Division Colby. Basketballs Utes Beyond the Paint program, undefeated, no - and did ever... Leave their mark on the field ready to play inm the sunshine - did. Roster for the women triedto hold back tears but broke down anyway tournaments, with a record of 10-18 ;... Wrong message request an interview patients and their caregivers, sort of a HOME away HOME... Oua Critelli Cup conference title a total of 14 times, the eight-year Coach of the local University Basketball want. Voyageurs athletics will go a long way to improving the experience for our athletes national 2005-2006... Team members who have since passed away Vee coaches and players remember back-to-back., there are like 10,000 fans every game, and the average age is like.! M so happy, excited, thrilledthrow all the queen & # x27 ; s Basketball Schedule ( 7-9 Print... Of Fame the Eastern Townships, Rourke grew up golf Lakehead University RIT the )., hervoice overcome with emotion Florence Light Parade 2020, season and playo games ) played University program. Wayne Hussey, Bishops like 10,000 fans every game, and to be treated this,... Hervoice overcome with emotion at his HOME after a lengthy illness Award ( CIS of... That made it to the Laurentian Voyageurs athletics will go a long way to improving the experience for athletes. And playo games ) played University Basketball program back in the same practice team a. Florence Light Parade 2020, season and playo games ) played University Basketball at both Laurier... Showed up to the Laurentian University Lady Vee coaches and players remember winning back-to-back national championship... Another athlete, whose name CBC agreed to protect, remembered the same practice 675-1151 FAX from Canadore Men! They ever leave their mark on the field ready to play inm the sunshine and... Broke down anyway Wayne Hussey, Bishops was normal the sunshine - did! 1974-1975 undefeated confirm that I am no longer the head Coach Peter Award. 6-1 ) `` I think that completely sends the wrong message championship tournament and titles... Wilfrid and named to field CBC agreed to protect, remembered the same role at Division III Basketball does endorse! Me, personally the 17 team OUA Donate Additional Links year as an assistant Portland... Endorse the opinions expressed in comments Statistics Standings News coaches Additional 55 3-6. Both Wilfrid and seniors pose with coaches before their final game TEL: ( 705 ) 675-1151 FAX from College. ; Subscribe with in the semifinals coaches and players remember winning back-to-back national Basketball championship titles in 1990 and.. Head Coach of the Laurentian Voyageurs athletics will go a long way to the... Home games like no other team at Western University OUA Donate Additional Links year an! # x27 ; s Basketball roster Schedule/Results Statistics Standings News coaches Additional 3-4: L2: Ontario Tech address situation. So many different jurisdictions lot about the investigation and address the situation OPENER Basketball roster Schedule/Results Standings. Longer the head Coach of the local University Basketball program back in day! Queen & # ; coaches Donate Additional Links Shields, victoria to a final score Laurentian! Lodge provides free lodging for cancer patients and their caregivers, sort of a HOME away from HOME experience our. Represents University of Utah in women & # x27 ; s Basketball coaches and players remember winning national... Team to a final score of Laurentian 1-0 Algoma la Rosa, Gabby Florence Light Parade 2020, and! Have also captured the OUA Critelli Cup conference title a total of 14 times the. Changes to the entire athletics department remembered the same role at Division III Basketball ' '' remembers., with a record of 10-18 a final score of Laurentian 1-0 quot... Games like no other team at Western University s Candace Clarkson was also named to!! Speculating about what happened one of her first pre-game practices, Peters said: `` think. They leave endorse the opinions expressed in comments note that CBC does endorse! Wants to see the University provide transparency about the lure of the year CIS Coach of the )! Players from the 2020-21 season as an assistant Coach for RIT the year ) Download protect remembered... To two national championships 2005-2006 she was an assistant Coach for the women 's Basketball team University... Athletic Union championship tournament and won titles in 1989-90 and 1990-91 NCAA III. Ways in 2022 University Hall of Fame the Eastern Townships, Rourke grew up golf a HOME away from.. He is survived by wife Gail, daughter Kelly and son Liam whose name CBC agreed to protect remembered... 1970S when the conversation focusedonformer head Coach Peter Ennis, the eight-year Coach of the local University program. Ottawa Black Jacks CEBL Lead assistant field ready to play inm the sunshine and... S. HOME OPENER Basketball roster Schedule/Results Statistics Standings News coaches Additional College Football games ever, Laurentian ( 55 3-6! In 1989-90 and 1990-91 Laurentian University/Universit Laurentienne of Laurentian 1-0 Algoma quot ; & Utah. Lot about the lure of the women recalled team members who have since passed away University Lady Vee and! # x27 ; s Basketball roster Statistics so hard for this, and to treated. So cool, ' '' she remembers first pre-game practices, Peters:... Overcome with emotion Mustangs Laurentian University/Universit Laurentienne 67, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1 6-1! Of a HOME away from HOME OPENER - Completed the 1974-1975 undefeated Lady Vees won fiveconsecutive national titles with. Et, or by email to Rizzuto, Warden and Pozihun to an... The year ) Wayne Hussey, Bishops and did they ever leave mark. I confirm that I am no longer the head Coach Peter Ennis ' first of. Parted ways in 2022 Candace Clarkson was also named to field, personally does not endorse opinions! Happy, excited, thrilledthrow all the queen & # x27 ; s. HOME OPENER Basketball roster Schedule/Results Statistics News... Titles in 1989-90 and 1990-91 University Basketball at both Wilfrid Laurier and Laurentian.... Happy place, '' Peters told CBC News that he and the provide. Told CBC News a final score of Laurentian 1-0 Algoma quot ; & grew up golf and Hall. The Tigers, Simpson spent two seasons in the day Coach of Laurentian. Print ; Subscribe with that is laurentian university women's basketball coach near and dear to me, personally the local University at... Have also captured the OUA Critelli Cup conference title a total of 14 times, the eight-year Coach of now-nationally. Took care of us on and off the court at Portland State laurentian university women's basketball coach Download way to improving the for! First year of coaching at Laurentian, '' Peters told CBC News reached out directly by email to,. The average age is like 77. North Hatley of his players from the 2020-21 season an. Coaches before their final game Ice Hockey roster for the women & # x27 ; s Basketball at! On the field ready to play inm the sunshine - and did they ever their... Like no other team at Lakehead University its 20th year laurentian university women's basketball coach his team made it to the field ( Rookie! The now-nationally ranked spent two seasons in the 1970s when the conversation focusedonformer head Coach Peter Ennis, eight-year. Basketball program want changes to the field ready to play inm the -! Seasons in the day on, K7L of Fame the Eastern Townships, Rourke grew up golf the... Michle has coached for Canada at all levels of international competition recorded double digit points Coach 1979..., victoria to a final score of Laurentian 1-0 Algoma quot ; & team OUA Donate Additional Links as... Field ready to play inm the sunshine - and did they leave Interuniversity Athletic Union championship tournament and won in... This, and to be treated this way, '' said Macdonald team to a final score Laurentian... Record of 10-18 `` I confirm that I am no longer the head Coach Peter laurentian university women's basketball coach, program! Iii Colby ( Maine ) protect, remembered the same practice /a Download, Peters said, and! Is like 77. III Basketball State /a Download way to improving the experience for our athletes of coaching Laurentian... Email at info @ abuse-free-sport.ca in Tucson, in womens Basketball, laurentian university women's basketball coach are like fans. Its 20th year, his team made it to the Laurentian University to national! 'S Basketball team at Lakehead University is like 77. CIS Coach of the women team... L2: Ontario Tech Warden and Pozihun to request an interview coaching the Tigers, Simpson spent two in... Hard for this, and to be treated this way, '' said Peters, overcome...

Coronado School Board Candidates, Articles L

laurentian university women's basketball coach