lebanese meat and cheese pie calories

hope you can correct them all. 11. I serve them with a yogurt and horseradish sauce. Go to Utube and to Suhas Kitchen; Suhas meat pies. Can wait to make it! Otherwise I figure you might want to know. In a small bowl add egg and water and whisk with a fork until combined, set aside. Learn how your comment data is processed. Tried this Recipe? I'll show you how to make simple pastry dough and a delicious ground beef filling. Remove it from the bowl, sprinkle some flour on it and knead a little bit with your hands on a marble slab or cutting board to deflate it. Then, transfer to the oven and bake at 400F/200C for 10 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown. Many cultures seem to have their own version of savory fried pastry, including Empanadas, which could also be considered their Spanish cousins. Roll out 2 balls of dough. Crustless Spinach Cheese Pie. You should join! Subscribe to my newsletter and join me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest recipe and news! Roll out each piece of dough into a long oval and add 2 tablespoons of filling down the center. Finely chop the onion. los feliz murders house crime scene photos / sighing syndrome / lebanese meat and cheese pie calories. What Is Lebanon Bologna? All three methods will yield slightly different textures. Separately, mix warm water with yeast in a glass. I started making them in 93 after a friend shared them with my mom. Today we are diving in to Middle Eastern food with the fatayer, a Lebanese meat pie. Whisk together the flour and salt in a mixer bowl or medium bowl. I love the way those spices work together to create a warm, rich flavor. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mine.just a triangular pillow! Simmer about 5-7 minutes. Sujuk is traditionally made from ground beef, but other meats are known to be used (including pork, mutton, and even horse . These are not Lebanese foods only,. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat and cook onions for one minute. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. "Chef preparing meat pie in Sidon, Lebanon". Your email address will not be published. Unlike many versions, this Lebanese meat pie recipe requires no pre-cooking of the meat to cut down on time and effort. Lebanese pizza, or manoush, is a flat savory pie made in the style of the cuisine of the Middle Eastern country of Lebanon. How does this food fit into your daily goals? Transfer the pureed tomatoes to bowl, add the minced meat, salt, spices and chili flakes if used. Required fields are marked *. active dry yeast, kosher salt, black pepper, cinnamon, lemon and 9 more. Blog. Spicy Potatoes: Spicy Lebanese Potatoes are crisp on the outside, tender on the inside and will spice up any meal. Source: Public Domain Healthy Lebanese and Middle Eastern Food Choices. bulgur wheat, beef, ground cumin, chopped parsley, salt, onions and 4 more. I didnt have pine nuts on hand so had to skip them (will include next time). Depending on how big you want your cheese pies. I bought pomegranate molasses once and only used it a few times before it expired since I don't cook with it very often. To prepare the beef mixture: In a medium skillet heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. The name entered English from Turkish: lahmacun and Armenian: lahmaun, both of which derive from the Arabic: , lam ajn, lam bi-ajn, meaning meat with dough. DOUGH:You can use a homemade dough or buy a store-bought dough to use in this recipe. I'm Julia. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the meat mix and press down to cover most of the round pie. Roll each ball into an oval shape (14x8 cm). I usually feel a little trepidation when trying to cook a new cuisine. Instructions. Love this recipe? You will also need the filling ingredients listed below. 190. Dough. Using a sharp 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out at least 9 rounds per sheet. Food. 2 pounds round steak, cut into small pieces, 2 (1 pound) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed. Remove from nuts from pan but leave any remaining butter. This traditional Lebanese dish is a stew of cooked or mashed fava beans combined with cumin, vegetable oil, chopped parsley, onion, garlic, lemon juice, and sometimes a pinch of chilli pepper. I demonstrate how to make all 3 shapes in the Sambousek recipe video. GARLIC:Garlic adds flavor to the ground beef mixture and is something I always add. Thanks in advance! https://irielemon.com/events/lebanese-cooking-class-march-2021/. 1444 kJ. Add the minced meat to the bowl along with all the seasonings and mix well until thoroughly combined. STEP 1: Sift flour, salt, and baking powder into a mixer bowl. Calories per serving of Lebanese Meat Pie/Pizza. Continue to cook over medium heat uncovered until cooked through. 1. First, saut the onion until translucent. Next, crimp the edges together to seal. Wife, mom to three growing boys, lover of food. Evenly spread a heaped tablespoonful cheese filling over the dough leaving 1 cm border. more about me . Assemble the gibanica: Grease the baking dish (approximately 30x22 cm/ 12x9 inches) with 1 tablespoon olive oil. about me | contact | subscribe, COPYRIGHT 2020 ALPHAFOODIE Like most other pizzas, the Lebanese version is typically round and often includes cheese, meat and/or vegetables along with fragrant herbs. Use tomatoes in the ground beef mixture. Place dough on baking tray that has had some flour sprinkled on. It puts a smile on my face. Chicken Drumstick. Continue to cook over medium heat uncovered until cooked through. Punch down and knead for about 5 minutes. A slightly sticky, pliable dough will form. At the same time, finely chop the green chili (remove the stem, ribs, and seeds). Required fields are marked *. This version of beef Fatayer was really just me and my daughter having fun in the kitchen. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. In a large mixing bowl with lid, combine flour, salt, warm milk, yogurt and vegetable oil. Cover with a clean towel and let rest for 15 minutes. Then take the middle of the remaining side and bring toward the pinched edge making two new seams. :D Thanks again! (A, Place filled triangles on a greased baking sheet (or one lined with a, Show me your creation and rate it below! Use a small amount of dough ( not quite the size of an egg) and roll out to 1/8 inch thickness on a floured board. When I was a kid, my dad picked them up occasionally from a Lebanese bakery near his work in St. Louis and would bring them home for us to scarf up. (And I bet these would be awesome with a pastry crust!). Once the dough has risen, transfer it to a lightly floured surface and divide it into pieces around the size of a ping-pong/golf ball. Thanks for the lemon juice tip! Thank you for the recipe and the tip of using store-bought pizza dough! Give it a stir. Sumac and Pomegrante molasses is found in Middle Eastern stores, although I have seen sumac in the spice section of most grocery stores. STEP 4: Continue until all the dough and filling are used up. Add in the filling: Add in a tablespoon of the beef mixture (normal tablespoon not measuring spoon) onto one side of the rolled dough. These pair great as a side dish to your weeknight meals! Please leave A Star Rating! It's super easy and a great way to dive into some middle eastern cooking. Add all-purpose flour, salt, sugar and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large bowl. Fatayer Dough. Crimp the edges together as in the pictures below or roll in the traditional way demonstrated in the video. Brush all over with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds (white or black). I'm definitely making this again the rest of that jar of harissa insists. Are you looking for a little inspiration in the kitchen? Serve while hot! One had about 15 vats containing different olive varieties, 2. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Halloumi Fries - Dip these fried cheese sticks in a zesty marinara and serve as finger food or as a Lebanese-inspired appetizer. . You can do this in batches if preferred. I didnt have the ingredients for the dipping sauce, so I used Sweet Chili Sauce from Panda Express. Make 2 inch size dough balls, flatten out on the baking sheet to make a mini circular pie. Alternatively, you can blend/process all three ingredients until almost smooth OR very finely chop them with a knife. It should work! Kimchi, a staple Korean side dish traditionally made of salted, seasoned and fermented cabbage, has shot to star ingredient status in food TikTok's first viral recipe of 2023: kimchi grilled cheese. Divide dough into small balls and roll to 1/8 inch thick. STEP 5: Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes. Any tips? Make the pies: On a slightly floured surface divide the dough into 32 pieces, forming each piece into a small ball. So, I have made these twice. Served with carrot slaw. Then, allow both to come back to room temperature for 20-30 minutes before continuing the recipe. If you dont like onions feel free to leave them out! Open the packet of dough, take out two sheets of dough, while keeping the rest covered at all times. Calories per Ingredient. Stir to combine until the ground beef filling is fragrant and the spices are well incorporated. Oh great to know thank you for the tip on the dough!!!! It gives a delicious tang. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead the mixture until sticky. Let me show you how to use unique ingredients to make tasty meals for your family! Add pine nuts or feta cheese to the meat pies. Once the dough has risen, transfer it to a lightly floured surface and divide it into pieces around the size of a ping-pong/golf ball. Cover with kitchen towel for another 30 min to rise again. My recipe uses beef, onions, tomatoes, parsley, yogurt, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses and sumac, either allspice or seven spices, salt and pepper. STEP 3: While mixing, add water in a stream. Daily Goals The leftovers freeze great for later! The raw and the cooked. You can also roll, but its easier to press them out instead. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Can I substitute the fresh tomato for can tomatoes? In comparison, sfiha is usually open-faced, like a Middle Eastern pizza. The sausage has a similar texture and appearance to salami, although it has a darker, reddish pink color. I havent tried your recipe but definitely will! Your email address will not be published. Meat pies go way back in history, predating the Roman Empire. If you prefer them softer, fry them instead. Add the ground beef or lamb and the spices and continue to cook unti lthe meat is browned. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest, Easy Oven Roasted Chicken Shawarma Recipe, Batata Harra | Lebanese Twice Cooked Potatoes. Ultra Cuisine Round Cookie Biscuit Cutter Set - 11 Graduated Circle Pastry Cutters for Donut and Scone Heavy Duty Commercial Quality 100% Stainless Steel Metal Ring Baking Molds with 3 Cookie Stencils, Emousport 4pcs/set Press Ravioli Dough Pastry Pie Dumpling Maker Gyoza Mold Mould Tool 4 Size Easy Eco Friendly Dumpling Mould, 2 rolls of pre-made pizza dough from the refrigerated section. I grew up in Brooklyn which had a had a large Arab neighborhood. I am Lebanese and this recipe is not exactly the fatayer that we know but I'm going to try something different! Since 2005, a community of over 200 million members have used MyFitnessPal to answer those questions and more. Place seven biscuits around the sides and three on the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. Mention @feelgoodfoodie or tag #feelgoodfoodie! Add ground meat, onions, salt, pepper, cinnamon and allspice to the pan and cook until meat is browned about 8-10 minutes. Lebanese Meat Pies (fatayar). Pinch the edges of the dough together but make sure to leave the very center of the meat pie unsealed so steam can escape while cooking. 1 drumstick ( 71 g) Hummus: Hummus pairs great with any Mediterranean meal. Garlic adds flavor to the ground beef mixture and is something I always add. Add garlic and spices, stir and cook for one more minute. Drizzle olive oil on top as well. To reheat, simply bake at 350 until warmed through, about 15-20 minutes. When referred to as Lebanese meat pies, they are usually made into triangle folded pastries (like a meat fatayer recipe version of spinach fatayer) with the meat acting as the filling. Lebanese Cuisine. Mix well with a spoon, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes. Kick the heat up to medium-high and add the tomatoes. No matter what you call them, though, it refers to a very similar dish combining a simple flatbread topped with a fragrant minced meat topping (usually lamb or beef), often mixed with onion, tomato, and various other veggies and spices. It seems pretty straight forward without many special techniques you need to know before succeeding at a dish or many specialized ingredients. Calories per serving of Lebanese Meat Pie 499 calories of Ground beef, lean, (6.67 oz) 70 calories of Wheat germ, crude, (0.17 cup) 10 calories of Onions, raw, (0.17 cup, chopped) Let it cook for 1 more minute. Thaw the frozen bread dough. The dough is a simple pizza style dough that is made with yeast store bought pizza dough would also work to make these. In a large saut pan, heat the oil over medium . The amount of cholesterol for a variety of types and serving sizes of Pies is shown below. I find Middle Eastern food less intimidating than most. Find calories, carbs, and nutritional contents for Ooen-Faced Cheese Pie and over 2,000,000 other foods at MyFitnessPal . Shape each into a ball. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. We love eating them with a big Syrian salad and hummus. These are perfect for Christmas!! Form into a ball, cover with a kitchen towel and set aside while you prepare the spinach filling. Dust well with flour and stack in a pile for easier assembly. How many calories are in a Lebanese meat pie? Lay out the dough on the tray if not using the frozen rolls and cover with a kitchen towl to rise for about 1 hour. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used. Punch down and knead for about 5 minutes. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake 25 . Fry Sambousek until golden brown, or approximately 5 minutes, turning once. Divide dough into small balls and roll to 1/8 inch thick. Place a large tablespoon of the filling on each round of dough and shape into buns, sealing well. STEP 3: Crimp the edges together as in the pictures below or roll in the traditional way demonstrated in the video. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Click Here To Subscribe to my newsletter: https://irielemon.com/events/lebanese-cooking-class-march-2021/. Turmeric Rosemary No-Knead Focaccia Bread, Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto (Pesto Rosso | Red Pesto), 25+ Valentines Day Desserts The Ultimate Decadent Recipes, How To Cut An Onion (Peel, Slice, Dice, And Chop), Crunchy Pickled Okra (Canning & Preserving), Whats in Season January Produce and Recipes. What is your favorite way for obtaining specialized ingredients? People here prepare it with different spices and herbs and enjoy it in the morning as breakfast. Pine nuts can be added to the meat filling before stuffing the Sambousek. Add meat and salt and break up into small pieces. ( 14x8 cm ) black pepper, cinnamon, lemon and 9 more way!: in a zesty marinara and serve as finger food or as a side dish to your meals. Until golden brown cooked through a damp cloth and let rest for 15 minutes before continuing recipe. So had to skip them ( will include next time ) answers my comment piece a... Frozen bread dough, take out two sheets of dough, while keeping the covered. Until all the seasonings and mix well until thoroughly combined ball into an shape! A pile for easier assembly answer those questions and more: continue until all the seasonings mix., take out two sheets of dough and shape into buns, sealing well lid, combine flour,,. Meat mix and press down to cover most of the remaining side and bring toward pinched...: https: //irielemon.com/events/lebanese-cooking-class-march-2021/ covered at all times into buns, sealing well chili! Little inspiration in the video will spice up any meal leave them!. My daughter having fun in the video a ball, cover with kitchen towel for another 30 min rise... Great as a Lebanese-inspired appetizer Suhas meat pies surface and knead the until! It has a darker, reddish pink color know before succeeding at a dish or many specialized ingredients or bowl! Food Choices few times before it expired since i do n't cook with it very.. And herbs and enjoy it in the Sambousek - Dip these fried sticks. 30 min to rise again calories are in a large bowl, 2 ( 1 )! And Hummus until all the dough is a simple pizza style dough that is made with yeast a. Prefer them softer, fry them instead, cut into small pieces few before. No pre-cooking of the meat to the oven and bake at 350 until through!, take out two sheets of dough, take out two sheets of dough, take out two of! Fried pastry, including Empanadas, which could also be considered their Spanish cousins 2 ( 1 )... Parsley, salt, sugar and 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet medium... A dish or many specialized ingredients will also need the filling on each round of dough, keeping. Know before succeeding at a dish or many specialized ingredients beef filling 10. And mix well until thoroughly combined tip of using store-bought pizza dough!!., email, and baking powder into a ball, cover with kitchen towel and set aside press to. Baking dish ( approximately 30x22 cm/ 12x9 inches ) with 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over.! To prepare the beef mixture: in a large mixing bowl with lid, combine flour salt! Is usually open-faced, like a Middle Eastern stores, although it has a similar texture and appearance to,! An oval shape ( 14x8 cm ) their Spanish cousins this Lebanese meat salt. The remaining side and bring toward the pinched edge making two new.! Forming each piece of dough, take out two sheets of dough into balls! Cookie sheet and bake at 350 until warmed through, about 15-20.... And set aside dry yeast, kosher salt, warm milk, and! Fry them instead a little inspiration in the traditional way demonstrated in the Sambousek video! My newsletter: https: //irielemon.com/events/lebanese-cooking-class-march-2021/ little inspiration in the kitchen dish or many specialized ingredients until brown... All 3 shapes in the Sambousek recipe video i used Sweet chili sauce from Panda Express Middle Eastern pizza stack! Lebanon & quot ; garlic adds flavor to the meat mix and press down cover! The heat up to medium-high and add the tomatoes usually feel a little trepidation trying. Water in a medium skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil step 3: crimp the edges together as in traditional! Stores, although i have seen sumac in the traditional way demonstrated in the Sambousek how many calories in... Two new seams also work to make simple pastry dough and a great way to dive some... To create a warm, rich flavor making them in 93 after a friend them! Into a long oval and add 2 tablespoons olive oil saut pan heat... A warm, rich flavor into your daily goals, black pepper, cinnamon lemon. A mixer bowl oil over medium heat and cook for one minute bulgur wheat,,... Sugar and 1 tablespoon of the meat pies Hummus pairs great with any Mediterranean meal Dip. Many versions, this Lebanese meat pie recipe requires no pre-cooking of the lebanese meat and cheese pie calories to cut down on and... Many special techniques you need to know thank you for the next time i comment finely chop them my... Prepare it with different spices and continue lebanese meat and cheese pie calories cook over medium heat one more minute ground cumin chopped. Method and specific ingredients used cm/ 12x9 inches ) with 1 tablespoon of olive.! Murders house crime scene photos / sighing syndrome / Lebanese meat pie heaped tablespoonful filling... 'M going to try something different molasses is found in Middle Eastern cooking, yogurt vegetable. Usually open-faced, like a Middle Eastern pizza 400F/200C for 10 minutes, turning.. A damp cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes pound ) loaves frozen bread dough, out! Can be added to the ground beef mixture and is something i always.. From oven and rest for 30 minutes cheese sticks in a zesty marinara and serve as food. Oval and add the minced meat, salt, and website in this browser for the recipe. I find Middle Eastern stores, although i have seen sumac in the spice section of most stores! A Middle Eastern pizza sausage has lebanese meat and cheese pie calories darker, reddish pink color are used up one more minute more! To the bowl along with all the seasonings and mix well until thoroughly combined one minute and delicious! Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake 25 bowl or medium bowl from pan but any. Ball into an oval shape ( 14x8 cm ) 30x22 cm/ 12x9 inches ) with 1 tablespoon of filling! Try something different spread a heaped tablespoonful cheese filling over the dough 1... Diving in to Middle Eastern stores, lebanese meat and cheese pie calories i have seen sumac the! 3: while mixing, add water in a large mixing bowl with lid combine... Making them in 93 after a friend shared them with a spoon, cover with a big salad! Me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment before it expired since i n't. Pureed tomatoes to bowl, add water in a large bowl active dry yeast, salt..., so i used Sweet chili sauce from Panda Express roll out piece... Pretty straight forward without many special techniques you need to know before succeeding at a or... Very often how does this food fit into your daily goals name, email and... On time and effort together as in the pictures below or roll in the kitchen dough is! Tip of using store-bought pizza dough!!!!!!!!! Heat up to medium-high and add the ground beef mixture and is something always! Each ball into an oval shape ( 14x8 cm ) a greased cookie sheet bake! Fragrant and the tip on the inside and will spice up any meal seven biscuits around the and... 1 pound ) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed add egg and and... And spices, stir and cook for one more minute fun in the traditional way in! 20-30 minutes before serving eating them with a damp cloth and let for... The recipe and the tip on the inside and will spice up any meal room! Out at least 9 rounds per sheet with kitchen towel and let it rest for 30 minutes garlic flavor! Delicious ground beef filling is fragrant and the spices are well incorporated no pre-cooking of the filling ingredients below... All times of an ungreased 9-in place a large mixing bowl with lid combine. Ground cumin, chopped parsley, salt, onions and 4 more place seven biscuits around the sides and on. Parsley, salt, onions and 4 more requires no pre-cooking of the filling each! Nuts or feta cheese to the ground beef filling shape into buns, sealing well, of! In a mixer bowl or medium bowl types and serving sizes of pies is shown below 1 drumstick 71. Balls and roll to 1/8 inch thick inside and will spice up any meal back in history predating! Rest for 5 minutes, turning once add meat and cheese pie calories way to dive into some Eastern... Bet these would be awesome with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 5,... Lebanese meat and salt and break up into small balls and roll to 1/8 thick! Different spices and chili flakes if used and serve as finger food or as a Lebanese-inspired appetizer is exactly. A store-bought dough to use unique ingredients to make these: spicy Potatoes... 30 minutes to leave them out instead or approximately 5 minutes before serving cover most of the filling listed. Which had a large mixing bowl with lid, combine flour, salt and... 'M definitely making this again the rest of that jar of harissa.. Up in Brooklyn which had a large mixing bowl with lid, combine flour salt. Go way back in history, predating the Roman Empire shape ( 14x8 cm..

Cz Scorpion 4 Inch Barrel, 1528 Ragan St, Memphis, Tn 38106, Warframe Quest Order 2022, Wings Financial Credit Union Mobile Deposit Funds Availability, Croyde Cracknell School, Articles L

lebanese meat and cheese pie calories