list of 2000s female pop singers

In 2012 and 2016, she was named in Time magazine's list of most influential people in the world. She has since sold over 90 million records globally making her one of the greatest selling artists of all time, with some of her most famous songs being Girl on Fire, Empire State of Mind, No One, If I Aint Got You and My Boo. Crossover identities of sounds incorporated from different styles of music made their way in the realms of mainstream. Stanky Leggby GS Boyz#81 - RnB According to Youby Orianthi#82 - Pop Number 1by Tinchy Stryder#86 - Pop On the Oceanby K'Jon#88 - RnB Epiphany (I'm Leaving)by Chrisette Michele#89 - RnB Shuttin' Detroit Downby John Rich#89 - Country If A Song Could Get Me Youby Marit Larsen#91 - Pop I Look Goodby Chalie Boy#92 - RnB She gives to her fans, friends and foundation not just herself but her energy and spirit.. Eminem shattered racial barriers by toping hip-hop and pop charts. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Cond Nast. A talented artist since a young age, she achieved success with her first single and debut album in 2006. Lauper has released six studio albums over her career, and she has won several awards, including three Grammy Awards. JoJo's debut took the world by storm, leading her to become the youngest female artist to ever be nominated for an MTV Music Award. Towards the end of the decade, a heavy dance-electronic sound layered with lush vocal arrangements became popular. Some of her family members are in the entertainment field and they introduced her to acting when she was a child. Swift was involved in musical theatre at the age of nine and frequented New York City for acting and vocal lessons. Having sold over 30 million albums worldwide, she is also one of the most successful female artists. 1 pop single when "We Belong Together" was unleashed. I became infatuated and embarked on my own music journey, discovering who I truly was along the way. An inspiration to upcoming singers, Perry has established herself in the music industry through her edgy tunes and empowering tracks. And what about Judith Durham? If you are a fan of pop music from these decades, you will have a lot to say. It's all here. She continued to spawn hits, through her uniqueness that most anchored on her ear of cryptic yet enchanting melodies. Born as Robyn Rihanna Fenty, Rihanna is one of the most influential names in the music and fashion industry. Singer-songwriter Alicia Keys has been active in the music industry since the mid-1990s. At 17, she quickly achieved teen idol status, and even started a new punk fashion craze, fancying neckties and tank tops. Birthdate: March 1, 1994. Jessie J Announces Pregnancy With Stunning Baby Bump Photos and Emotional Video, Keke Palmer and Darius Jackson Celebrate Christmas With Baby Bump Kisses, Margot Robbie Brings Barbie Energy to the 2023 Golden Globes. Celine Dion is a Canadian singer renowned for her powerful voice. She was previously married to Skip Johnson and Jerry Slick. Also an activist, Halsey has been involved in racial justice protests and suicide prevention programs. Known as the top-selling R&B female music artist of the 20th century for her mighty, soulful take on the pop genre, Whitney Elizabeth Houston has gone down in history as one of the greatest female vocalists and pop singers of all time. She went on to sign with XL Recordings after graduating and released her debut studio album, 19, which featured her first hit song, Hometown Glory. 2 Amy Lee Amy Lynn Hartzler, known professionally as Amy Lee, is an American singer-songwriter, classically trained pianist and composer. Her song Yellow Flicker Beat was released as the lead single from the film's successful soundtrack. Her sophomore album, Stripped, achieved massive success with its inspirational ballad Beautiful, and the high-sexualized Dirrty. Her reliable vocal range and ambitious music are what separated her from her female counterparts, making her the true pop diva of her time. Kelly is also a well-known philanthropist. Known as Queen Bey and noted as the most important and compelling popular musician of the twenty-first century by The New Yorker, Beyonc Giselle Knowles-Carter is one of the best-selling female pop artists of all time for her distinctive vocal style creation of the staccato rap-singing style that continues to dominate the R&B, pop and rap genres today. She brought a fresher sense in the industry, providing a perfect blend of electro, R&B, and J-pop. Cyndi Lauper is an American singer-songwriter, activist, and actress. While she was already a successful producer, giving smash to Tweet and Aaliyah, she made a mark for herself through her own hit singles, such as Get Ur Freak On, Gossip Folks, Work It and Back In The Day with Jay Z. Feminizing pop-punk and sporting an anti-starlet image, Avril Lavigne rose to stardom in the 2000s through her debut single Complicated. She deviated from the usual glamor of conventional pop and brought her own skatepunk personality. At the age of four Adele began singing and was admittedly obsessed with music. In 2006, she graduated from the BRIT School where she studied art. She has won 11 Grammy Awards, 25 Billboard Music Awards, which is the most wins by a woman, and 32 American Music Awards, the most wins by a single artist. Allmusic has stated that despite being born into a family of entertainers, Jackson has managed to emerge a superstar in her own right, rivaling not only several female recording artists including Madonna and Whitney Houston, but also her brother.. . She has since sold over 100 million records and is the only artist in the history of the Billboard chart to have seven singles from one album reach the top five on the chart. Here's a list of the best female pop artists that reigned supreme in the 2000s. When is the Right Time to Send a Dick Pic? Popular singer and songwriter, Lady Gaga has been active in the music industry since her teens. Ashanti Ashanti was first known for her duet singles with famous rappers, complementing them with her soothing voice. She is also one of the most decorated female music artists of all time, having won prestigious awards, such as the National Medal of Arts and Humanities. (Patsy Cline's "I Fall to . Having grown up in a Puerto Rican household, Lopez has said that there was lots of music around her growing up, and that she was always encouraged to sing, dance, and create their own plays for family events. Lopez left college to pursue a professional dance career, became the most successful Latin actress of the 1990s and then transitioned into her music career in 1999 with her album On the 6. Having been named as an influence for some of the worlds greatest pop stars such as Michael Jackson, Madonna and Beyonc, Diana Ross name has gone down in history as one of the greatest female pop artists of all time. As a teenager, she became the lead singer of Destiny's Child, one of the best-selling girl groups of all time. At the age of 12 my older brother introduced me to the music he grew up with; Nu Metal, Grunge, 90s Hip-Hop, Rap and Classic Rock. Have you heard of them all? Americanpopandcountry musicsinger-songwriter, Taylor Swift is a multiple Grammy award winning artist who has inspired a number of hopeful musicians. Diana Ross certainly deserves a spot as one of the best female pop singers ever. Perhaps one of pops most unique artists, Elizabeth Woolridge Grant (known professionally as Lana Del Rey) is known for her exploration of sadness, glamor and romance within her music. Shakira has since sold over 75 million records worldwide, has received 12 Latin Grammy Awards, seven Billboard Music Awards and three Grammy Awards and made history with her song Hips Dont Lie, which was the most-played pop song during a single week in American radio history. Here Are the Top Female Pop Singers of All Time. To celebrate these women, in this post, we're going to take a look at the lives and careers of 15 of the greatest and most famous female singers of the 2000s. At the age of 20 in 2001 she released her debut studio album, Songs in A Mirror, which eared five Grammy Awards the following year. Ever wondered what Jessica Simpson got up to after her MTV reality show? Radiohead 5. She often played the guitar and sang for her friends before attending the BRIT School for Performing Arts & Technology where she studied alongside Jessie J and Leona Lewis. Sign up free 0:00 0:00 Company About Jobs For the Record Communities Her work has inspired many other artists like Taylor Swift. Certain artists have displayed their exceptional vocal range in songs. Kate Bush: surely, this off-the-scale genius the greatest singer-songwriter of all time, in my opinion rates at least a mention?! Getting her start in acting at the age of 16 after moving to Los Angeles, Cher met her husband Sonny Bono in 1962 when he was working for record producer Phil Spector. The owner of this website does not guarantee offers on this site, and all offers should be viewed as recommendations only. Her personal life has often sparked controversy, especially when she came out as pansexual and talked about use of cannabis. She is the recipient of Billboard Women in Music award for Breakthrough Artist. 316. 17 Early 2000s Female Singers Who Were Responsible for Your Teenage Angst = By Christopher Rosa October 27, 2016 My relationship to music in the early 2000s was, erm, interesting, to say. The 2010s can be best described as the decade for women singers. As stated in The New Yorker, Lady Gaga blazed a trail for truculent pop stars by treating her own celebrity as an evolving art project, and Rolling Stone Magazine describes Gagas legacy by stating that its hard to remember a world where we didnt have Gaga, although were pretty sure it was a lot more boring. Lady Gaga is easily one of the best female pop singers of all time. Swift became an international sensation immediately following the release of her debut studio album and has since landed numerous top-ten hits across the Billboard charts, including Shake It Off, Blank Space, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together and I Knew You Were Trouble. List of Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles of 2000; List of Billboard Hot 100 top-ten singles in 2000; References This page was last edited on 16 January . One of the greatest selling music artists of all time, Robyn Rihanna Fenty (known professionally as Rihanna) rose to stardom with her skilled mixture of pop, R&B and dance music genres. Madonna. One of the world's newest pop sensations, Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell (known professionally as Billie Eilish) has taken the globe by storm with her ethereal vocal style and innovative experimental and dark pop themes in her music. That does it for this list. A member of the prominent Jackson family, Janet Jackson is a singer, songwriter, actress, and dancer. The decade also witnessed a diverse new wave of female pop acts emerging from Australia, Canada, Sweden, Germany, and Romania. During the 1990s she saw worldwide success for her albums Falling into You and Lets Talk About Love, as well as for her now hit singles The Power of Love, Im Your Angel and My Heart Will Go On which was featured in the Academy Award winning 1997 film, Titanic. At the age of four, Shakira began writing poetry and later received her first typewriter at the age of seven. In 2009 Aguilera was recognized by Billboard as the 20th most successful music artist of the 2000s, with sales of over 75 million records and a multitude of awards. Let's revisit the greatest hits from this manic pixie dream period. Queens of the Stone Age 17. She holds the record for the most number-one singles by a solo artist and a female songwriter. Often associated with other genres such as rock, dance, country and urban, pop music as we know it today rose from the youth-oriented music styles that were popularized in the United States and the United Kingdom during the 1950s and 1960s, such as rock and roll. Ashanti was first known for her duet singles with famous rappers, complementing them with her soothing voice. At the age of three Spears began taking dance lessons and went on to partake in gymnastics and voice training. grade. She helped propel the Latin pop movement in American music. Faith Hill's single "Breathe" was the first country music recording to be ranked number one since Johnny Horton's "The Battle of New Orleans" in 1959. While her next records, Harmonium and Heroes & Thieves, were not as successful as her first, her first single was enough to make her name shine in the 2000s. It is an overview of notable all-female bands that have their own articles. While traditional pop elements in song structure stayed true, a number of newer artists associated with the genre started adopting hushed style vocal delivery in their scheme of pop. Known by many as the Queen of Soul, Aretha Louise Franklin was the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987 and has been noted by Rolling Stone Magazine as the greatest singer of her generation.. Beyonc (Knowles) Already the recipient of numerous accolades, including five Grammy awards, she was named inTimemagazines inaugural "Time 100 Next" list in 2019. The range of tones these vocalists have produced with their vibratory vocal folds are truly mesmerizing. "Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)" was the perfect song to emotionally blare on your iPod Nano when your mom confiscated your Motorola Razr. She then gained international fame with her debut album Born to Die in 2012. During her childhood, Aguilera was fascinated by blues and soul records that her grandmother bought and began practicing singing. Dolly Parton is also ignored but Whitney Houston is at Number One?! Jay Z 13. A farmer has 19 sheep All but 7 die How many are left? She has since spawned numerous hit singles, including Only Girl (In the World), S&M, We Found Love, Rude Boy and Diamonds. In 1970 Ross began her solo career and released her eponymous studio album which featured two of her greatest songs, Aint No Mountain High Enough and Reach Out and Touch (Somebodys Hand). Dua Lipa 7. Actress, singer, and songwriter Hailee Steinfeld first gained fame as Mattie Ross in the drama western film True Grit. 1. Vote for Your Favourite Female Pop Singers 1 Ariana Grande Known for her work as a solo artist and as the lead vocalist of the band No Doubt, Gwen Rene Stefani has become a household name since her musical debut in the 1990s. As stated in Vice Magazine, Aguilera dominated mainstream pop-related discussions. When i say recent i mean like the last ten years or so, so i'm not talking about the 90's or early 2000's, mid 2000's is the farthest back . The 2010s are also credited to having the highest number-one singles for female artists and some of the most viewed videos of female singers on YouTube. Furler has also co-written hit songs like Diamonds, Titanium and Wild Ones. Amy Jade Winehouse was known primarily for her eclectic mixing of the soul, blues, rhythm and jazz genres and her contralto vocals, making her one of the most unique female pop singers on this list. Thank you, P!nk, for getting me grounded in eighth grade for attempting to put a greenand, oddly, not pinkstreak in my hair. During her childhood, Stefani was introduced to American folk by her parents and fell in love with artists such as Emmylou Harris and Bob Dylan. Growing up in Bridgetown, Barbados, Rihanna often listened to reggae music and decided that instead of finishing high school, she would attempt to pursue a career in music. If you didn't angrily scribble in your journal as "Nobody's Home" raged in the background, then we can't relate. Referred to as the Queen of Latin Music, Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll has become an international success with her versatile and widely diverse music catalog of over 145 songs. As a child, Carey excelled in the fine arts and dabbled in songwriting and poetry throughout high school. Sony. Rihannas career developed quickly as she received her first Grammy Award just two years later for her hit single Umbrella which catapulted her into the global spotlight. Johnny Cash (1932-2003) Photo by Scott Gries/Getty Images. Billie Eilish 10. [Her] perfectly packaged music and looks appealed to tweens and teens who wanted to be like the pretty, chart-topping pop stars plastered everywhere.. Katy Perry 9. According to Billboard, Shania Twain is the 13th Greatest Music Video Female Solo Artist ever. All rights reserved. Shakira is another successful Latin-pop female artist that crossed over mainstream pop in the 2000s. Widely regarded as one of the most influential pop singers of her generation, Celine Dion's works have inspired other popular singers, such as Christina Aguilera, Rihanna, Jennifer Hudson, Katy Perry, and Ariana Grande. A versatile performer, she is known for her consistent image reinventions in music. Or, if you just want a great singer as opposed to my list of singer-songwriters why is Karen Carpenter not mentioned? Her television series also kick started her musical career which flourished with the release of her five commercially successful and critically applauded albums and collaborations with various other artists. Not to be confused with the term popular music, pop music in and of itself is its own genre within popular music defined by the basic songwriting format of verse-chorus, with repeated hooks and a generally short length. "Everywhere" was 100 percent the first song on all of your mixed CDs back then. As a teenager she performed in numerous theatre productions, was enrolled in a Creative Arts Camp and studied method acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute for ten years. In 2014, a bronze statue was unveiled of her in her honor in Camden Town, north London. Her father stated at the time that Amy was in love with Camden and it is the place her fans from all over the world will [now] associate her with.. At the age of 18 Franklin aspired to make pop music and moved to New York. Foo Fighters 19. Miley Cyrus, the American singer-songwriter and actress, is known for her wide range in music, spanning from pop and country pop to hip hop. When you were in the mood to don a fluffy robe and stare wistfully into the empty, rainy abyss, "Come Clean" was the only soundtrack option. I don't like everyone that i have listened to and there are some that i don't have any interest in but i like most of what i have listened to. Her sound continued to infect the decade, releasing few other chart-topping singles, like Sk8er Boi and My Happy Ending., Storming the pop scene in the late-nineties, Britney Spears remained a prominent force in the new millennium. Franklin began singing at a young age at her local church and was managed by her father at the age of twelve when they began touring across the country to perform at numerous churches. series, Lizzie McGuire. However, it was in 2003 when she became a bona fide pop star through her debut album Metamorphosis. True enough, it was a reinvention for Duff as she offered a hipper sound and dynamic sound compared to what she has done in the series. Collaborations of artists from different genres started taking shape in the 90s which helped pave the way for the featured guest appearances on songs. Known for her eccentric fashion style and versatility in her music and vocal abilities, Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (known professionally as Lady Gaga) has become one of the worlds biggest pop sensations and was the fourth highest-earning female artist of the 2010s. Using elements of rhythm and blues, disco, rap and funk, Jackson saw major success with her 1986 album Control and her 1989 album Rhythm Nation 1814. 2023 The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. Aaliyah was an American singer, actress and model, who became famous when her debut album, Age Ain't Nothing but a Number sold three million copies in the US. Vote for Your Favourite Female Pop Singers, (Pop Icon & One of the Best-Selling Musicians of All Time), (One of the Best-Selling Music Artists & Only Female to Achieve 4 Singles that Sold 10 Million Copies Globally), (One of the Best-Selling Music Artists Known for Her Multi-Platinum Certified Albums '19' and '21'), (American Singer Who Has Greatly Influenced Modern Pop Music), (The 'Queen of Pop' - The Best-Selling Female Music Artist of All Time), (Singer and Songwriter Known for Her Rock-Influenced Pop Songs, Distinctive Raspy Voice and Acrobatic Stage Presence), (One of the World's Best-Selling Music Artists), (American Singer-Songwriter Known for Her Four-Octave Vocal Range), (One of the Best-Selling Female Pop and R&B Artist In History), (The Youngest Recipient of the Grammy Award for Album of the Year and Record of the Year), (First Artist to Have Her First Five Singles Reach #1 on the Billboard Hot 100), (Singer-Songwriter, Actress and Lead Singer of the R&B Group Destinys Child), (Known for Her Deep, Expressive Contralto Vocals and Her Eclectic Mix of Musical Genres), Soul and jazz singer Amy Winehouse is best remembered for her tracks, (Canadian Singer Known for Her Songs: My Heart Will Go On and The Power of Love), (Colombian Singer Who is Known as the 'Queen of Latin Music'), (Pop Artist who Has the Most US Billboard 200 Top-5 Albums in the 21st Century by a Female), (Pop Singer-Songwriter Best Known for Her Album 'Manic'), (Singer-Songwriter & Actress Best Known for Her Single 'Drivers Licence'), (Actress Known for Her Films: 'True Grit', 'The Edge of Seventeen' and the Series 'Hawkeye'), (One of the Best-Selling Music Artists and 'Goddess of Pop'), The Goddess of Pop Cher began her career with the folk-rock duo, (Winner of 1st Season of 'American Idol'), (Singer-Songwriter Best Known for Her Debut Studio Album 'Expectations' and Its Lead Single 'I'm a Mess'), (Singer Known for Her Album 'Come On Over'), (Pop Singer-songwriter Known for her Debut Single 'All About That Bass'), (Best-Selling Female R&B Artist of the 20th Century), (Lead Singer of the American Girl-Group 'Pussycat Dolls'), (Known for Her Unconventional Musical Styles and Introspective Songwriting), (Famous as the Member of Hip-Hop Group 'Black Eyed Peas'), Fergie soared to fame as part of the hip-hop group, (Actress and Singer Known for Her Role of 'Carly Shay' in the Teen Sitcom 'iCarly'), (One of the World's Best-Selling Artists of All Time), (Best Known as 'Princess of R&B' & 'Queen of Urban Pop'), (Singer-Songwriter who Ruled the Billboard Hot 100 with Tracks Like She Bop and True Colors), (Known for Her Role as 'Maya Hart' in the Disney Channel Series 'Girl Meets World'), (Australian Pop Singer Known for Such Hits as 'Chandelier,' 'Elastic Heart' and 'Clap Your Hands'), (Lead Singer of 'the Supremes', the Best-Charting Female Group in History), Artist Janelle Monae initially sang with rapper Big Boi and is known for albums such as.

How Did Havis Davenport Die, Articles L

list of 2000s female pop singers