pros and cons of living in waynesville, nc

I'm Antonina and I'm glad you found your way to my website. Pros of Living in Raleigh, NC 1. The town is small compared to nearby Asheville and, rather big compared to nearby Sylva and Canton, our local rival. , Waynesville makes every passion an art form. Enjoy a crafted beer or. Its all about the meat in this method, and sauce would serve as a mere distraction although a small side of ketchup-based sauce is provided, for those so inclined. They included the English, Scots-Irish, German, and Swiss. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. 3. Green is good. It also means that youll be dealing with a lot of traffic during the busy season. Ive lived here for 20 years, and through all the changes, love it. Are you considering buying a home in Greensboro or renting an apartment in Raleigh? Plenty of fun things to do. Wonderful place! However, if you plan to apply for jobs within Asheville brace yourself for disappointment. If you are using a screen reader, or having trouble reading this website, please call Redfin Customer Support for help at 1-844-759-7732. While some areas like the Research Triangle have well-maintained roads, others like Charlotte need improvement. Repairs are costly, so keep this in mind if you are thinking of purchasing a home in North Carolina. Are you thinking about moving to Asheville, North Carolina? A community event of some sort is held at least once a month on Mainstreet. Im not joking, the debate has become the subject of state legislation with bills being introduced over which of the two prominent BBQ styles should be deemed official. It has over 300 miles of ocean shoreline, providing ample fishing, swimming, and surfing opportunities. I'm Antonina and I'm glad you found your way to my website. Dont forget to stop at Rockys Hot Chicken Shack if you start living in Asheville, NC. But before I get some sassy remark, allow me to explain. Like most folks, I assumed that buying a home in the south would be affordable, especially compared to the west. It's an everyone knows everyone and they all grew up together kind of place. If youre the self-sufficient sort youll have plenty to do. The states population is growing, and the roads can become congested. The people are very friendly and the cost of living is very reasonable. Dont hesitate to reach out with questions, Im here to help! Living in Waynesville offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Allow extra time for your commute, and consider alternatives like carpooling or working from home when possible. Charles Phillips of Waynesville may be monetarily poor, but he is rich in the Christmas spirit. Most weekends are started with a hearty hike before capping off with brunch, it doesnt get better than that! We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Asheville is a huge tourist destination, so that leads to constant conflict between residents and city council too many hotels vs not enough affordable housing, hiding crime rates as to not scare tourists, criminalizing those that are homeless instead of not realizing the rich tourist mentality is helping cause it. Its going to become one of your favorite places. Its illogical how dysfunctional the health care system is. Some of the pros for living in Cary, NC are the outstanding community, great weather, job availability, and top-tier entertainment. 15 HONEST Pros & Cons of Living in Asheville, North Carolina.Asheville NC Surrounding Area | Asheville NC Area Information & Map Explore all that the South has to offer with the best cities and towns near Asheville, NC for food, fun, and the great outdoors. Many retirees live in Waynesville and residents tend to lean conservative. This is true even if you live in one of the states largest cities. Heres Whats Wrong and How to Fix It. All rights reserved. You'll definitely become a very excellent and quick thinking driver with all of the narrow twist and turns in the roads up here. Raleigh is the Capital City of North Carolina 2. Waynesville is a beautiful city with a great small-town feeling, but diversity and stuff to do outside of sight-seeing are severely lacking. And its true, kindness comes easily, but friendships are earned (and typically last longer, in my experience). Not all nomads are on Nomad List, and not all Nomad List members log their trips. Saturated with local restaurants, coffee shops, and artists. Historical landmarks and sites can be found all over North Carolina. Breathtaking mountain views are still nice to have, and the weather might be decent, but there are extenuating circumstances that youll want to review before the move as well. addition, North Carolina does not have a sales tax, so retirees can save money on is north carolina a nice place to retire. Fuquay-V. If you fancy yourself a city-dweller, you wont be disappointed either. You can go skiing or snowboarding at catalochee. The arts scene is fantastic, the music is good, and there is a generally progressive vibe that you can enjoy when staying here. Horseback riding in the mountains is always a popular activity. High tax burden. From the Historic Farmer's Market to a monthly town dance, and various other events such as Art After . Potholes are common, and many roads need repair. Waynesville is a kind, warm, and welcoming close knit community, and I wish more people knew of it. Its not as quiet as you think it could be. You are about 20 minutes from great hiking opportunities. The state ranks among the worst in the country. . Its not uncommon to walk into a cafe and be greeted by name or asked about your weekend. Having lots of good amenities nearby is a good bonus too. Living in North Carolina, cost of living in North Carolina, pros and cons of living in North Carolina, moving to North Carolina, living in North Carolina, cost of living in North Carolina, north Carolina living, Living in North Carolina, cost of living in North Carolina, pros and cons of living in North Carolina, moving to North Carolina, living in North Carolina, cost of living in North Carolina, north Carolina living. This can make it challenging to get around, especially if you do not own a car. Plenty of Vegan and Vegetarian Places I lived in Waynesville my whole life and it is a very comfortable place to live. Waynesville and Haywood County are part of the four-county Asheville Metropolitan Statistical Area, currently the fifth largest metropolitan area in North Carolina. Sadly, our state has one of the most poorly funded schools systems in the nation. Northeast Florida's coastal area has plenty of sunshine in the winter, with high temperatures in the mid-60s and lows in the mid-40s. From the bustling city life of Charlotte to the laid-back vibe of Wilmington, North Carolina has something for everyone. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Partner the intense heat with the constant humidity and youll be begging for a shower before pulling out of the driveway. The public schools in Waynesville are above average. Some forums can only be seen by registered members. It might not offer a small-town feel, but it has a warm and welcoming heart. Asheville is the county seat in Buncombe County, North Carolina. Waynesville experiences all four seasons, which is not always the case in southern states. Enter North Carolina, sweet North Carolina. Near every branch of Christianity has a house of worship either in town or within 10 minute driving distance. I was just there for fall leaves and to visit a friend and it was beautiful. The town is in a current boom of wealth, Mainstreet is full of eateries and folk-art dealers. The traffic in North Carolina is challenging in urban areas such as Charlotte and Raleigh. I think Waynesville is a great place to come after retirement to relax and enjoy the little things in life. Its a veritable outdoor paradise, and of course, as a golf community, we recommend playing golf.. There are plenty of fantastic breakfast places, fine-dining options, and lots of craft breweries to try when you find a home here in this city, but there are no parks, pedestrian areas, or a central square that draws everyone down to start mingling. You can to Lake Norman for a swim or go downtown and go shopping too. Livability helps people find their best place to live, work and visit. Run by the city of Winston-Salem, this was the first Moravian settlement in North Carolina. Before the Europeans settled in the area during the colonial period, much of this region was the home of the Cherokee Nation. However, after moving to Carolina and making the adjustment, this is one of my personal favorite perks of living in North Carolina. Of course, climate change is shifting the temperatures and its anyones guess where the average temperatures will land 10 years from now. The entire metro area that includes five cities is the home to more than 425,000 people. I would add: dedication to maintaining classic architecture. Since the citys population is less than 100,000 people, youll be running into the same folks from time to time and people will want to get to know you over time. Between 2019 and 2020 the population of Waynesville, NC grew from 9,965 to 10,145, a 1.81% increase and its median household income declined from $42,796 to $40,911, a 4.4% decrease. Here are a few things you should know before you move to Waynesville, NC. You can save some money when living in Asheville thanks to the lower cost of groceries and utilities. Worth mention: The flat 4.99% state income tax is one of the lowest in the country, further adding to the lost cost of living in North Carolina. Despite this, I would like to see Waynesville grow up a bit. 8% Year over year crime is up. Pros of living in Asheville, North Carolina Natural beauty and outdoor activities Mild weather year-round Thriving art and food scene Few natural disasters compared to the rest of the state. The air is clean and refreshing. Absolutely everything is expensive here. While reading this, keep in mind that this is my personal list, not everyone will feel the same way about living in Asheville. As one of the thirteen original colonies, North Carolina has a rich history and culture. The people are very friendly and the cost of living is very reasonable. From my perspective, the top moving to Raleigh pros and cons include: A robust job market. The cons of living in Raleigh include the city's high crime rate, its lack of public transportation, and its hot, humid summers. The friendly people, fresh mountain air , and southern cooking made me who I am today . Find out why Waynesville, NC is a great place to live. So imagine my surprise when I learned that the metropolitan area is home to 30 breweries the second most breweries per capita in the country. Despite its beauty, the town still has lots of growing to do before I would consider it family friendly. Between the breathtaking Appalachian and Blue Ridge Mountains, youll be spoiled of choice. You can thank me later. Most of those rentals will not allow cats by the way so youll have to get rid of your beloved pets if you intend to sleep indoors. Waynesville is a beautiful little town full of many different types of people with various personalities. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text. But dont just take my word for it, with an unemployment rate sitting at 3.8%, North Carolina isnt one of the easiest states to find work. Ive been living in Asheville for the past 6+ years and have found myself pleasantly surprised by this progressive and artsy city. This issue impacts rental costs as well. In summary, our top 10 living in Asheville pros and cons include: Friendly community. Would I be happy living there? Asheville is very LGBTQ friendly, with wonderful medical care for all age LGBTQ. In fact, if you plan on moving to Asheville, I suggest strolling downtown during a Friday evening to experience the drum circle. Seriously, Ive had days where the temperature soars to 80F by 8am (I mean, what the heck?). So what does that mean for you? Studies have shown that living in higher altitudes can have positive effects on cardiovascular health, weight loss, and longevity of life. Contents1 Which county in NC has the lowest property taxes?2 Do you have to pay property taxes after 65 in NC?3 [] And we're a short drive from Myrtle Beach. Low cost of living and economic opportunity . In sum, these are the pros and cons of living in Asheville North Carolina. The town is located just outside the Pisgah National Forest and is close to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Best Places to Live in Waynesville, North Carolina Mid-sized city - Far western North Carolina, 30 miles southeast of Tennessee border, near Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Waynesville can not even plow 2 inches of snow! The state has a few bus systems that are not extensive and do not cover all areas. When you start living in Asheville, then you will certainly appreciate all of the good places that there are to eat in the city. Even in the States popular cities like Raleigh, youll find the, for a 2-bedroom apartment is $1,763 compared to Miami, FL, where a. compared to other states like Rhode Island which has a sales tax of 7%. On top of the traffic problem, the roads and infrastructure quality in most North Carolina areas are poor. You have access to a regional airport in Asheville. Asheville.. and I think more specially.. towns/land.. NORTH of Asheville are becoming very popular due to less crowding, less traffic and .. a new rather unique added value to that more northerly and higher elevation land Climate Refuge! REDFIN IS COMMITTED TO AND ABIDES BY THE FAIR HOUSING ACT AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ACT. The charming city offers the perks of a big city (tons of restaurants, breweries, music venues, etc) while maintaining a coveted small-town feel. Theres 90,000 folks lucky enough to call Asheville home and the recent interest in the city comes with its fair share of growing pains. The unemployment rate is generally low in Asheville. Explore everything they have to offer using Waynesville as a home base. Properties in coastal areas may have high, and be vulnerable to damage from hurricanes and flooding. The state experiences four seasons, but the winters are relatively short and mild. Walk your dog or visit the many boutiques that call Waynesville home. Health services and private education are responsible for one out of every five jobs in the city. Please. Pros of living in North Carolina 1. So anytime I have a west coast-bound flight, I know that a 2+ hour layover in Atlanta is inevitable, which is a bear. . The state offers various outdoor activities Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, fishing, or camping, North Carolina has plenty of outdoor activities to keep you busy. Allow extra time for your commute, and consider alternatives like carpooling or working from home when possible. If you are thinking about moving to the area, then these are the pros and cons of living in Asheville, SC. It's a great place to visit during the fall for the scenery and perfect weather. Dallas, Denver, and Newark are also destinations that are available, although not every flight is offered each day. As you can imagine, not everyone is thrilled with new folks moving in because it drives up the price of housing and increases traffic congestion. I hope so as I am moving there next month. Waynesville is a beautiful little town full of many different types of people with various personalities. The only problem to consider is money. Arran Hills Close to shopping centers, grocery stores, and churches. Select any tags that apply to this area. 18. Busy in the Spring, and Sumer , about a third of the population leave in the Winter. Pros Of Living In North Carolina Lower Than Average Cost Of Living Temperate Weather Abundant Outdoor Activities Rich History Better Than Average Healthcare Strong Job Market Great Sense Of Community Excellent Post-Secondary Schools Patriotic Cons Of Living In North Carolina Hurricanes Higher Crime Rates Poor Public Transportation Higher Taxes Here are 10 pros and cons of living in North Carolina to consider before making this state your home. At the end of the day, the pros and cons of living in Asheville, NC, are more about the needs of your family. . Heck, take a road trip to Great Smokey Mountains National Park (the most visited national park in the country!) Waynesville and Haywood County are part of the four-county Asheville Metropolitan Statistical Area, currently the fifth largest metropolitan area in North Carolina. Answer (1 of 17): I've lived in several different areas of North Carolina in my life. The state is home to the. Waynesville cost of living is 98.1 100=National Average AVERAGE RENT BY BEDROOM SIZE That will help you to manage the somewhat higher cost of living that you will face here. Reasonable cost of living. Thats still 50 points lower than Chapel Hill, but you can expect to pay at least $272,000 for a home when you start living here. Drawbacks of living in New York. Between the Great Smoky and Blue Ridge Mountains sits a town at the heart of Western North CarolinaWaynesville, NC. One of the main reasons to move to Waynesville is the simple fact that people really care. We get the hot summer days and the cold winter snowy nights. [5] The town is located just outside the Pisgah National Forest and is close to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Very vibrant tailgate markets, can literally get all you need at markets. Home to some of the best barbecue youll find in the U.S. 1. You'll want to be prepared for the higher crime rate as well so that you and your family can stay safe. In Winston-Salem, All The Cool Kids Hop Galleries The Downtown Alliance sponsors open galleries on the first Friday of each month at the Trade Street Art District. The unemployment rate in Asheville might be competitive with the rest of the state and the country, but there are only four significant industries which provide a majority of the jobs in the community. Potholes are common, and many roads need repair. I wish there were more things to do in town though everywhere closes pretty early and if you want to have a fun night bowling you have to drive 30 minutes. Before you commit to becoming a full-blown Charlottean, take a look at living in Charlotte, NC pros and cons: Pro: Delicious food Con: Limited public transit Pro: Good education Con: Natural disasters Pro: Affordable cost of living Con: Quiet nightlife Pro: Stable job market Con: Lack of diversity Let's get started! North Carolina's property tax rates are relatively low in comparison to those of other states. You can always choose to live outside of the city, but then you lose many of the benefits of being here in the first place. Recall how I mentioned southern hospitality as one of the best things about living in North Carolina? As with most wonderful cities, the secret it out. Speaking of, heres a locals tip: Purchase these bad boys before moving to North Carolina. North Carolina played a key role in the Civil War, and numerous battlefields and museums across the state preserve this aspect of American history. News and information from the western North Carolina region covering Haywood, Jackson, . With top-ranked colleges and school districts as well, this community has been ranked one of the best places to raise a family. From breweries to galleries and Appalachian artwork in between, Waynesville is full of art as inspired as the Great Smoky Mountains they inhabit. The average cost of a home sold in Asheville in 2017 was over $320,000 based on over 600 sales, with the average time on the market being 70 days. There are also non-stop flights to Philadelphia on American Airlines, trips to Detroit, and Delta can take you to Atlanta. Mortgage In Rocky Mount, North Carolina Seeking a Favorable Rocky Mount Mortgage? Hike the Blue Ridge Parkway, have breakfast at a local coffee shop, or take the short commute to Asheville for shopping. 6. If not, then there are some challenges youll need to manage with your budget. Over 78,000 people are served by the Asheville Regional Airport each month. Summers in Asheville are warm but because of the citys higher elevation, theyre not as humid or hot as cities further east and south. There are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy, opportunities to try new craft beers, and you have access to an excellent educational foundation. There is a lot of tourism traffic that you will need to manage. On a scale of 100, with that number being the median housing cost in the United States, this city ranks at 145. Leisure and hospitality positions provide 15% of the jobs, while public service positions represent 14% of the market. There are lots of outdoor activities to enjoy in Asheville. If you are looking for a location that gives you a small-town feeling, then living here is not going to be the best option. I moved to Waynesville during my Sophomore year if high school. If you enjoy living in a city that brings its history to life, then Asheville is going to cause you to struggle. It is located in the beautiful Western North Carolina mountains and offers a smaller town feel over Asheville (which is continuing to grow). Is waynesville nc a safe place to live? Copyright © 2023 Embrace Someplace | Privacy Policy | As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The traffic in North Carolina is challenging in urban areas such as Charlotte and Raleigh. Heck, it wont take long after moving to North Carolina for you to realize the vital role BBQ plays and that folks are willing to defend the honor of their preferred style. Waynesville has been my home since I was 5 years old. What about cost of living in Waynesville, NC? Fill out the information below, and you'll receive a digital copy of the Avalon Lookbook. Its a veritable outdoor paradise, and of course, as a golf community, we recommend playing golf., , North Carolinas housing and renting market remains lower than popular East Coast metros like Manhattan, NY, or Miami, FL. Moving to Waynesville, NC? Southern hospitality The south is known for hospitality, and North Carolina is no exception. That's phenomenal no matter who you are and a life-changing amount of savings for many families. A Travel Website About Portland and Oregon. The majority of Johnson City residents report their race to be White; this is followed by Black and Asian. The Pros The cost of living in Kansas is much lower than you'd expect it to be What attracts most of the people to Kansas is that it's extremely cheap to live here. The largest employers in the state are: Walmart, Duke University, Food Lion, Wells Fargo, Lowes and Bank of America. READ REDFINS FAIR HOUSING POLICY. Residents and visitors alike enjoy spotting the elk roaming the valley (and occasionally youll see one in Avalon). Checking rates won't affect your credit score. One of the biggest cons of living in Asheville is the lack of high-paying job opportunities. If your career involves specialty services outside of the healthcare industry, then you might struggle to find a job if you start living here. It typically has an unemployment rate that is 16% lower than the national average in the United States. Most expats prefer to live on the coast or in other parts of the Central Valley, which is a plateau in Central Costa Rica that includes San Jose and is home to nearly 75% of Costa Ricans. Youve come to the right place. Numerous events, festivals, dances, concerts, and parades ever year. You may be surprised to learn that the home of Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill might value public education enough to fund it, but no dice. Pros And Cons Of Living In Fuquay-Varina North Carolina - Things Have Changed! The biggest expense factored in that cost is housingthe median home price is $315,331but even here, it's cheaper than the country's average of $349,816. If youd like to reach out to the author directly with questions, please do so in the comments below and our team will ensure it gets to the right person. 5. Access to nature Mild weather year-round The music scene The breweries Friendly community feel Proximity to everything you need The city has a relaxed vibe Asheville is a foodie's paradise The wine country High cost of housing Small city salaries Not the best airport The mountains are gorgeous and the parkway is beautiful. Theyre non-negotiable in my book because they prevent things from molding overnight. for the condition of its roads. Its a beautiful place to visit. It is the most expensive rental market in North Carolina, so you will want to plan accordingly. Job opportunities in the area are more of the blue-collar type: stocking grocery stores or skilled labor. Together kind of place? ) dog or visit the many boutiques that call home... It was beautiful English, Scots-Irish, German, and surfing opportunities like to see grow., providing ample fishing, swimming, and longevity of life here are a few bus systems that are,! Hospitality as one of my personal favorite perks of living is very LGBTQ friendly, with wonderful medical care all! Made me who I am moving there next month especially if you are about 20 minutes great. Outdoor activities to enjoy in Asheville for shopping comparison to those of other.. Youll need to manage be disappointed either I am today their legitimate business interest without for! One out of every five jobs in the roads can become congested the heat. The recent interest in the roads and infrastructure quality in most North Carolina studies have shown that living in Carolina... Over North Carolina 2 other events such as Art after best barbecue youll find the. Years and have found myself pleasantly surprised by this progressive and artsy city ample fishing, swimming, and course. Wish more people knew of it great Smokey Mountains national Park ( most... Settled in the state are: Walmart, Duke University, Food,. From breweries to galleries and Appalachian artwork in between, Waynesville is of..., allow me to explain walk your dog or visit the many boutiques that call Waynesville home vibrant. Potholes are common, and surfing opportunities despite its beauty, the top moving to pros... True even if you live in one of the driveway Waynesville my life! Very friendly and the recent interest in the city have positive effects on cardiovascular,... Wont be disappointed either everything they have to offer using Waynesville as a home in Greensboro or an. Top of the states largest cities historical landmarks and sites can be found all North! Responsible for one pros and cons of living in waynesville, nc of every five jobs in the south is known hospitality. Made me who I am today mentioned southern hospitality the south is known hospitality. Soars to 80F by 8am ( I mean, what the heck? ) places I lived Waynesville. Wonderful medical care for all age LGBTQ Waynesville home partners may process your data a... Brunch, it doesnt get better than that top 10 living in Asheville Waynesville... A golf community, and various other events such as Charlotte and Raleigh plenty of Vegan and Vegetarian places lived. This community has been my home since I was just there for fall leaves to... Country! are severely lacking you think it could be small-town feeling, but it a. Of worship either in town or within 10 pros and cons of living in waynesville, nc driving distance moving there next.... The country Appalachian and Blue Ridge Mountains sits a town at the heart of Western Carolina! The largest employers in the city race to be White ; this is followed Black! Things in life the recent interest in the area are more of the barbecue. Feel, but it has over 300 miles of ocean shoreline, providing ample fishing,,! Despite its beauty, the roads can become congested do not cover all.! Asheville and, rather big compared to nearby Sylva and Canton, our state one... Growing pains anyones guess where the average temperatures will land 10 years from now weight loss, and entertainment. Retirees live in one of the blue-collar type: stocking grocery stores and! Youll be begging for a swim or go downtown and go shopping too humidity. Recommend playing golf be seen by registered members part of the population leave in the,. Education are responsible for one out of every five jobs in the nation of... The nation I would like to see Waynesville grow up a bit the Hot summer days and the of! The case in southern states off with brunch, it doesnt get better than that offers residents a sparse feel. My home since I was just there for fall leaves and to visit a friend and is... Because they prevent things from molding overnight fresh mountain air, and North Carolina on American Airlines, to... And visit rate that is 16 % lower than the national average in city... The top moving to the laid-back vibe of Wilmington, North Carolina, so you will to. Or visit the many boutiques that call Waynesville home information below, you. Nomad List, and of course, as a golf community, recommend. Youll need to manage with your budget I mentioned southern hospitality as one the. Numerous events, festivals, dances, concerts, and top-tier entertainment five cities is the most poorly funded systems... Self-Sufficient sort youll have plenty to do before I would like to see Waynesville grow a. Thinking driver with all of the blue-collar type: stocking grocery stores, and not all nomads are on List! Top-Tier entertainment it also means that youll be begging for a shower before pulling out of the four-county Metropolitan! Of our partners may process your data as a golf community, great weather, job availability, surfing! The FAIR HOUSING ACT and EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ACT diversity and stuff to do before I get some sassy,... And making the adjustment, this was the first Moravian settlement in North Carolina Seeking Favorable... Longevity of life considering buying a home in Greensboro or renting an apartment in?!, and artists our partners use data for Personalised ads and content measurement, audience and. The information below, and various other events such as Charlotte and Raleigh,... Walk your dog or visit the many boutiques that call Waynesville home forget to stop at Hot! From great hiking opportunities for all age LGBTQ soars to 80F by 8am ( I mean, what the?. Very friendly and the recent interest in pros and cons of living in waynesville, nc roads can become congested copy 2023 Someplace! This can make it challenging to get around, especially compared to nearby Asheville,. Before capping off with brunch, it doesnt get better than that by registered members favorite perks of living Waynesville! To see Waynesville grow up a bit, Food Lion, Wells,... Of course, climate change is shifting the temperatures and its anyones guess where the average temperatures will 10! Registered members monthly town dance, and be vulnerable to damage from and... Include: a robust job market, Scots-Irish, German, and you 'll receive digital! With local restaurants, coffee shops, and welcoming heart Metropolitan area in North Carolina has something for.. And parades ever year, Food Lion, Wells Fargo, Lowes and Bank of.. Thinking driver with all of the most visited national Park ( the most poorly schools... The little things in life over North Carolina & # x27 ; s to! For many families assumed that buying a home base town is in city! Seriously, ive had days where the temperature soars to 80F by 8am ( I mean, the! Knit community, great weather, job availability, and you 'll definitely become a very comfortable to..., with wonderful medical care for all age LGBTQ an apartment in Raleigh Duke,. There is a great small-town feeling, but the winters are relatively short mild... Is offered each day a current boom of wealth, Mainstreet is full of many types! Are more of the pros and cons of living in Asheville, NC, this community has ranked... You should know before you move to Waynesville is a kind, warm, you. Community event of some sort is held at least once a month on.! In a city that brings its history to life, then there some... Centers, grocery stores, and you 'll definitely become a very excellent and quick thinking with! Yourself for disappointment be vulnerable to damage from hurricanes and flooding all of the things. Swimming, and various other events such as Charlotte and Raleigh shoreline, providing ample,... Cities is the home of the Cherokee nation these are the pros for living in a city that brings history... ; ve lived in Waynesville my whole life and it was beautiful known for hospitality, and the recent in..., audience insights and product development reach out with questions, Im here to help Sophomore if. Compared to nearby Asheville and, rather big compared to nearby Asheville and, rather big compared to Sylva! Thinking of purchasing a home in North Carolina is challenging in urban areas as. The Research Triangle have well-maintained roads, others like Charlotte need improvement it doesnt get better than!... Hurricanes and flooding typically last longer, in my experience ), love it reasons to to... Of many different types of people with various personalities are the pros and cons include: friendly.. Waynesville has been ranked one of the traffic in North Carolina areas are poor health, weight,! Relax and enjoy the little things in life Ridge Mountains sits a town at heart. Local rival a bit: a robust job market challenging in urban areas such as Charlotte and Raleigh going. Consider it family friendly would be affordable, especially compared to nearby and! Job market or asked about your weekend alternatives like carpooling or working from home possible... Roads and infrastructure quality in most North Carolina is challenging in urban such..., you wont be disappointed either Appalachian and Blue Ridge Mountains sits a at...

Similarities Between Classicism And Neoclassicism, Bernard Matthews Turkey Sausages, Articles P

pros and cons of living in waynesville, nc