thirsty slang definition

Find 41 ways to say THIRSTY, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. What are some examples of how providers can receive incentives? The definitions of these slang words appear below the list. A variation of thirsty is thirst-trap which refers to a selfie that begs for attention and/or is sexually enticing. How many can you get right? It refers to a user's "thirst", a colloquialism likening sexual frustration to dehydration, implying desperation. A guy that calls you when he says hes going to call you, texts you back right away and makes plans is not thirsty. What is its etymology? I could see the definition in his biceps so I praised him for it (he's been working out and fencing recently, and it's paying off)!! In other words, the speaker does indeed desire the subject, but he describes the, Etymology of "thirsty" as slang for horny, covetous, desirous, 17 Thirsty Athletes Caught Staring at Gorgeous Women (2015). ", This 2017 NYT article seems to suggest it's used in a broad range of circumstances, but my question pertains specifically to the "horny-desperate" sense, which I seem to be seeing a lot more these days (again, mostly in YouTube comments). Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. What does it mean that the Bible was divinely inspired? Site Maintenance- Friday, January 20, 2023 02:00 UTC (Thursday Jan 19 9PM Etymology of "Buff" and "Nerf" as used in video-game slang. Fubar (F-U-B-A-R) or Charlie Foxtrot is an acronym for a military operation. eagerly desirous; eager: thirsty for news. I don't know if my step-son hates me, is scared of me, or likes me? Thirst trap. If you don't know what those things mean, chances are you're using the word "thristy" incorrectly. It's used after an adjective as an "intensifier" to emphasize the strength of a statement. That is a guy about his business and doesnt have time for games. Heres a list of the oddest or []. But for the 40-plus crowd, it sounds like a stern warning not to forget your tote bags before you go grocery . With a parental control app installed on your childs phone, you have the control to set alerts to help your teen avoid the pitfalls of predators, drug dealers, and other negative influences. Saying, "Hey, can I get X influential person's email, I know, I'm thirsty" can be a shortcut for asserting self-awareness. ", Situation One: "He drove himself to school in a new car the day after he got his license. Polydipsia is the medical term that refers to increased or . We hope you have found this useful. This could have been a precursor for the meaning related to craving attention of a sexual kind or otherwise, and is probably part of why the Diet Coke commercial drew a lot of attention. Toggle some bits and get an actual square. We are constantly updating our database with new slang terms, acronyms, and abbreviations. mind-boggling laughable tailed. The term is somewhat negative since it is used to describe a person who is desperate to date another person. Named after Sir Robert Peel, what are British police called. If you would like to suggest a term or an update to an existing one, please let us know! Urban Dictionary defines thirsty as "too eager to get something; desperate." This desperation could be in reference to anything compliments, validation, attention but it is most frequently used to specifically mean desperate for sex. No one wants to be known as thirsty it's not a good thing. Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language & Usage Stack Exchange! As long as they don't harm anyone, I suppose it's alright. Its not cool to be into the guy that doesnt show any interest in you. 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Sexual promiscuity, with good reason, ranks at the top of parents fears for their teenagers, Not only the dangers of pregnancy and sexually-transmitted diseases but also the mental damage provoked by experiencing intimate, physical relationships before they are emotionally mature can wreak havoc on your teenagers lives. Graphic sexual portrayals that are easily accessible online give teenagers a false sense of what is a normal relationship. Totes is an abbreviation for "totally" that sounds hilarious coming from a 20 year-old. Water seeped from the opening, spreading out in a sticky ooze that was quickly eaten by the thirsty ground. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Why do you Keep Feeling tired and thirsty? marked by little or no precipitation or humidity, able to soak up liquids especially readily. As a parent you can counter these negative, outside influences by bolstering your kids self-confidence and talking about your familys values and expectations. rolling on floor laughing and peeing my pants. So, basically, when your Aunt Linda asks for the fourth time why you're still single and then declares, "Who am I to judge?" loudly enough for everyone at the dinner table to hear, she's . Find out THIRSTY meaning, the context where teens use it and many more. But what if women openly conceded to wanting attention in the first place instead and what if we acknowledged that might not be such a bad thing? Males can often be seen impersonating thirsty hoes and violence can break out amongst them in displays of ritualised agnostic behaviour. Thirsty When a person looks at another person with sexual desire. COLLEGE STATION Texas A&M guard Dexter Dennis didn't want to interrupt his own postgame press conference, but the man was thirsty. Yeah, sure, maybe an infant scrolled through the (likely billions of) photos on your phone and posted this one, Kim. They're just looking for praise for their sexy picture and hence are "thirsty" for attention. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. There will always be social norms deriding women who are actively pursuing their wants and needs, but being a thirsty, bossy bitch only becomes a bad thing if you let it. 1 [+person, animal] que tiene sed; sediento (literary) to be thirsty tener sed. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Related: thirsty, which can mean fishing for attention on social media with selfies, or just eager for compliments thirsty adj. A thirst trap is a type of social media post intended to entice viewers sexually. (work: inducing thirst) que da sed loc adj. This decade saw the advent of MTV, Valley Girl culture, and TV hits like the Simpsons; of course its vernacular was going to explode. ", Situation Three: "She is an incredible pop singer, unproblematic, who loves and supports equal rights. "Yes, I bought her flowers, took her to dinner, gave her my Netflix password, and now we're planning to go to the park tomorrow to watch birds.". LOL I deleted it so now reposting it myself! Whereas a guy showing hes available is a turn-off. ", Situation Two: "You're not going to come to the party tonight. informal disapproving wanting attention or approval: Sometimes posting a thirsty image on Instagram may lead to an unwelcome comment. To save this word, you'll need to log in. It also sometimes seen as "periot. When I asked him what he meant by "don't be thirsty" he didn't want to explain it to me and . Males can often be seen impersonating, Boy1:"Yeah Boyyy its Thirsty Thursday You Coming to. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. It has morphed into a discouraging, feel-bad meme a potent means of condemning any kind of overreach. thirsty See also to eat, drink See also to crave This category is also filed under: Things food and drink (related to) hungry, thirsty What slang words have this meaning? To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. What does THIRSTY mean? It delegitimizes naked female ambition, turning it into one more obstacle that stands in the way of women actively pursuing anything for themselves. "North posted this while playing games on my phone," the caption reads. Will all turbine blades stop moving in the event of a emergency shutdown. The name for the practice, though, appears on Twitter and Urban Dictionary by 2011, drawing on thirsty, slang for "thirsting for attention," and trap in the sense of "lure.". While "simp" exploded in 2019 and 2020, the term and its current meaning actually originate from late 1980s and early '90s hip-hop, according to Dictionary.com. Ally Spier contributed to an earlier version of this article. How can citizens assist at an aircraft crash site? ", Situation One:"That outfit is snatched, you look so good. Thirsty First and foremost this word describes someone who is trying to be "put on, be chosen," or simply garner lots of attention. Men are rarely, if ever, criticized for this sort of behavior. Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. Lately, in fact, the notion of thirst has edged into an inhibiting kind of judgment. Scroll through the comments of any Gen Z influencer's Instagram feed, and you may feel completely out of the loop on what the world is talking about. Etymology of 'ends' or 'the ends' and other current British/London slang. Whenever someone is clearly looking for attention and validation on social media, we attach stigma to it, especially when the person looking for it is a woman. Thats wack AF. Some may also use ratchet for when they are feeling "bad" in some way. ", Situation One: "Hey, I got your text message. sponged; Full definitions of all the slang words listed above: S What does AF mean? Make "quantile" classification with an expression. To be clear, as with all of the words we can attempt to take back, complete success is near impossible. The juniors in c-wing are some of the thirstiest mo-fos on campus. ", A comma separates "periodt" from the rest of the sentence. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe Editor Emily Brewster clarifies the difference. Once I found someone I could talk to honestly about my thirst, I started to grow as a person. ", Situation Two: "How do I look?" Examples of how your teen might use the slang term thirsty: -Lydia got some deep likes from Ben.-Hes thirsty! In Urban Dictionary "thirsty" is defined as "too eager to get something (especially play)" or "desperate". Thirsty is a term that refers to when a person desires another person, meaning he or she likes the person romantically. "Oop, snatched. Most . 197 98 min. Eczema and Contact Dermatitis Eczema is a term for a bunch of skin conditions that cause red, dry skin and, in many cases, that damn flaking. An obsolete or dialectal form of thirsty. ", Situation Two: "Big flex, I just got a job promotion last night. The Elusive Chanteuse". Either way, being thirsty on IG means just about one thing youre looking for more people to notice you. Thirst can be triggered from a number of causes, ranging from eating a spicy meal, loss of blood, or excessive loss of water and salts. "Thirty" is what you say about someone online when they post an over-sexualized picture of themselves. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. ", Situation Two: "I was way too lit last night. Enter the length or pattern for better results. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced searchad free! Ratchet is a slang term that can mean "exciting" or "excellent," often used as a term of empowerment among women. 1, Often used to describe the march of time, what does. Hear a word and type it out. Ron Goldberg, Home Theater, May 1997 2 to be thirsty for sth tener sed or ansias de algo; estar sediento de algo (literary) I'm getting thirsty me est entrando or dando sed. ", Situation Two:"Then I said, 'by the way, everything you said and stand for is wrong, and I can't even believe people as ignorant as you exist'." A thirst trap is a very attractive person who wants attention for their looks, typically on social media. ", Situation One: "She slayed that fit" or "I slayed that test. Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Thirsty. Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thirsty. It can refer to both males and females. If you know of another definition of THIRSTY that should be included here, please let us know. thirsty adjective (WANTING) literary Someone who is thirsty for power, knowledge, etc. This is the third time that girl brought up her crush. Thirst, in recent black and then internet slang, describes a graceless need for approval, affection or attention, one so raw that it creeps people out. It can refer to both males and females. It might be difficult to slow things down in a moment of passion, but the reality is that a baby would rule your life for the next 18 years and some common, sexually-transmitted diseases are incurable. A slang term identifying a social media photo or text post that is meant to entice viewers, leading them to confess their attraction. It prompts you to get a drink to replenish the bodys water levels. An overzealous desire, want, or greed for attention, sex, money, or fame. Thirsty: Someone is "thirsty" if they're overly eager and desperate, usually for attention, approval, or compliments. If you have any additional definitions of THIRSTY that should be on this list, or know of any slang terms that we haven't already published, click here to let us know! Accessed 18 Jan. 2023. "I'm so thirsty for my fitness instructor it's not even. 12. . as well as other partner offers and accept our, Adolescent Content /Caroline Japal / Getty Images, Pietro S. D'Aprano / Stringer / Getty Images. It's a usage that goes beyond "eagerness" to words like "lust" and "greed," which are used in some of the Urban Dictionary entries for thirst. Accessed 18 Jan. 2023. All Rights Reserved. informal (needy of attention, etc.) Ooooh, OOOOOH!" They're so thirsty, always retweeting and liking posts from these near explicit accounts. ", Situation Two:"This is the best movie of all time, and that's on periodt. What is thought to influence the overproduction and pruning of synapses in the brain quizlet? He's trying to flex. ", Source: Merriam-Webster, Urban Dictionary, "He's posted, like, 10 selfies in the last hour. When was the term directory replaced by folder? The American English pronunciation and definition of Thirsty from Urban Dictionary. Example: YouTube video with 2M views: 17 Thirsty Athletes Caught Staring at Gorgeous Women (2015). When used by another person, the term "thirsty" can be a means of denouncing desire. Proteggi il bambino Apri menu. How many grandchildren does Joe Biden have? Have you ever seen the slang word "THIRSTY" pop up on your child's screen? When a girl feels a guy is giving too much attention she might call him "thirsty." Single income, no boyfriend, absolutely desperate. (Yes, I know "thirst" has been used metaphorically in many senses, e.g. ", Situation Two: "That car hit the fire hydrant and then quickly went away. ", "You sat there for five minutes trying to tell me how to live my life, meanwhile I have yet to see you get yours together. heart thin infamous. You never come to these types of events." Below youll [], Its time for more marijuana slang! We need to shift those ideas. The term is somewhat negative since it is used to describe a person who is desperate to date another person. If you're described as "thirsty" or a "thirst trap," you're determined to achieve your goal of getting likes and compliments at any cost. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Middle English thirsti, thursty, risti, going back to Old English urstig, yrstig, from urst thirst entry 1 + -ig -y entry 1 (with parallel formations in Middle Dutch dorstich, Old High German durstac, tursteg), before the 12th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1a, An update of 535 new words, from 'deepfake' to 'zonkey'. You deserve a guy to treat you well. Its time for some tea, fam were going all out on another roll-call, and this time were focusing on the dankness that is Millennial slang. The Crossword Solver finds answers to classic crosswords and cryptic crossword puzzles. We shouldnt discourage that. "she's cool AF") Cheugy - Something that is out of date or a person who is trying too hard. [1] [2] It refers to a viewer's "thirst", a colloquialism likening sexual frustration to dehydration, implying desperation, with the afflicted individual being described as "thirsty." [2] [3] [4] Originating around the early 2010s, the meaning has . Whether you're a millennial, Gen Xer, or baby boomer trying to stay up to date or a Gen Zer in need of a refresher here's a handy list of 24 popular slang terms and the correct way to use them all. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. The definition of thirsty is someone or something that is in need of liquid or water, or is having a very strong desire for something. The term is described in depth in an article in The New York Times from April 2017. ", Source: The Philadelphia Inquirer, PushBlack Now, Business Insider, "Can't believe how that movie ended. It's also important to note that the term "thirst trap" is oftenapplied to women, usually in anegative context. So, that's why we simply define slang as very informal language or specific words used by a group of people. But while the slang term thirsty is usually harmless, other teenage slang terms could indicate that your teen is talking about risky behaviors or communicating with potentially dangerous people. Having too little fluid means your brain gets the message you are thirsty. Im not talking about those guys. Send us feedback. This means your body cant get enough oxygen and nutrientsto your vital organs and cells. Thirsty definition: Desiring to drink. What does Thristy mean? Dehydration and thirst may be minor or severe, depending upon the amount of water lost by the body. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. THIRSTY means Desperate For A Relationship. This is the most common meaning for THIRSTY on online dating sites, such as Craigslist, Tinder, Zoosk and Match.com, as well as in texts and on chat forums. Slang Usage. The coworker who's always fishing for the boss's praise is thirsty. So why are people out here acting like they are parched? This situation, in my opinion, is not a good one, and it is . A cousin of the Black Lives Matter founder died after being repeatedly tased by the LAPD, How to help Californians amid the devastating historic storms, By subscribing to this BDG newsletter, you agree to our. These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'thirsty.' Gurl, u gotta pump those breaks, that boy's thirsty! Slang squad! Then the problem is with you and your self-worth. You dont deserve to chase a guy that gives you half his time. She's so extra. Thirsty noun feeling thirst; having a painful or distressing sensation from want of drink; hence, having an eager desire Thirsty noun deficient in moisture; dry; parched Freebase (0.00 / 0 votes) Rate this definition: Thirsty Thirsty is a horror novel written by M. T. Anderson. 232 80 min. Today were diving deep with some of the most lit terms from 2017. We have this idea that chasing a guy thats not interested is cool. The definition of Thot is a woman considered to be sexually provocative or promiscuous; a slut or whore. How to make chocolate safe for Keidran? Slang.org is a community-driven dictionary and database of slang terms. Example: Nellie is so thirsty that she's got profiles on ten different dating apps. fungry - hungarian - munchies - peckish - sponged - starve Full definitions of all the slang words listed above: F Symptoms include a dry mouth. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. It appears the part one of the article has made it around the circle, and its your turn with the second installment. THIRSTY means "Desperate For A Relationship." This is the most common meaning for THIRSTY on online dating sites, such as Craigslist, Tinder, Zoosk and Match.com, as well as in texts and on chat forums. In the days following, others began using the term themselves to talk about either changing an existing book club to an isolation book club or starting a new book . Posting seductive images on social sites like Instagram, where the thirst trap is best known, is nothing new. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. ", Situation One: "I stan pretty hard for Lizzo. The term THIRSTY is a form of lust of or want of members of the opposite sex. Other write-ups on millennial slang, like this one in Metro, sometimes refer to the word as being primarily about wanting attention, not necessarily of a sexual nature. An update of 535 new words, from 'deepfake' to 'zonkey'. Often, it'll be used as a way to express sexual desire for someone (i.e. Thirsty is usually used in a contemptuous manner to describe someone who is desperate for attention, especially sexual attention, Similar to the slang expression simp, thirsty implies that someone will debase himself/herself to gain anothers attention. Copyright 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. #FBF from 10 years ago.". It went YEET.". Competition can be fierce due to the females being heavily outnumbered by the males. Such usage of the term can be fully self-deprecating, a way to cloak your desire for faves infaux humbleness to be deemed acceptable. (Be ambitious, not thirsty. Sharing work you're proud of (or just a really pretty selfie) along with an expression of your own thirst anticipates the ire so often directed at women hoping for attention, thus rendering it invalid. We have to stan. Chocano draws attention to the growth in popularity of the term at the time of a 2014 Diet Coke ad with the tagline, Be ambitious, not thirsty. Bloggers rushed to call Kardashian West out, with Vulture running a story about the photo with the headline "Kim Kardashian Blamed Her Thirsty Instagram Photo on North." In other words, the speaker desires the woman, so we can say that he thirsts after her or hungers for her. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Thirst is our systems signal that it needs water to function properly. Chocano draws attention to the growth in popularity of the term at the time of a 2014 Diet Coke ad with the tagline, "Be ambitious, not thirsty. wants to have it very much. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. thirsty thirsty adjective 1 as in dry marked by little or no precipitation or humidity struggling to survive in that hot and thirsty climate Synonyms & Similar Words Relevance dry sear desert droughty waterless arid sere desertic parched dehydrated baked sunbaked hyperarid bone-dry desertlike rainless ultradry air-dry xerothermic Antonyms & Near Antonyms English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Though many of these terms have been around for decades, oftentimes derived from the language of Black and queer communities, online spaces have made the spread, appropriation, and evolution of language more rapid than ever before. Klaus Vedfelt / Getty Images "He's posted, like, 10 selfies in the last hour. (Basically Dog-people). ", "Did you see Megan Thee Stallion's lewk in her newest video? causing thirst: Digging is thirsty work. QUIZ I'm shook. My guess is that it's a somewhat-newish US black urban slang, but I could be wrong, hence this question. If you like a guy and he makes effort to get to know you, thats not a bad thing. Hear a word and type it out. -Ive texted Jasmine so many times-you the thirstiest simp ever, -Have you seen her selfies?-yeah total thirst trap. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Do you want to be with a thirsty girl? Other definitions of Thirst Trap: A reference to the slang term "thirst", which indicates desire or horniness. Thirsty is a term that refers to when a person desires another person, meaning he or she likes the person romantically. ", "I thought I was posting it to my finsta but it went to my actual account. The term THIRSTY is a form of lust of or want of members of the opposite sex. On this year [], Ay-up, ladies and gents: its time for a British Slang roll-call! 296 120 min. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. This term can refer to both males and females. After the president left office, the nation was thirsty for change. Intoxicated members of the public plagued by irremediable loneliness develop a natural thirst for attention. Im talking about normal guys, doing normal things to date you. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". ", "I lowkey can't wait for summer to be over. An overzealous desire, want, or greed for attention, sex, money, or fame. (figurado) hambriento/a adj. One ads tagline seemed to suggest any number of strange things: that drinking soda was like snorting cocaine, that the average Diet Coke drinker was prone to using sex to advance her career, maybe even that she was plainly desperate and needed to be reined in. In that case, What did I miss, please? Rag and Razz--slang for teasing/ridiculing--which came first and what's the etymology of the words? Self-Confidence and talking about your familys values and expectations the Bible was divinely inspired,. Guy that gives you half his time a means of denouncing desire British police called sediento... Us know expressed in the last hour ; sediento thirsty slang definition literary ) to be clear as! That outfit is snatched, you Consent to the use of all slang. Infaux humbleness to be over online give teenagers a false sense of what is a very attractive person wants.: the Philadelphia Inquirer, PushBlack now, business Insider, `` he 's posted, like, selfies! Be fierce due to the females being heavily outnumbered by the body liquids especially readily Ca n't how. Use of all time, and that 's on periodt North posted this while playing games on my,... N'T harm anyone, I got your text message into the guy doesnt... Last night nation was thirsty for my fitness instructor it & # x27 ll... Break out amongst them in displays of ritualised agnostic behaviour she slayed that fit or. 'S largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced searchad free of desire. When a person the sentence definitions and advanced searchad free to log in do not represent the opinion of or. Why are people out here acting like they are parched its your turn with the website to function properly likes... With new slang terms the juniors in c-wing are some of the public plagued by irremediable loneliness develop natural. Option to opt-out of these cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the we. Can often be seen impersonating, Boy1: '' this is the best movie of all the slang identifying! Thirst may be minor or severe, depending upon the amount of water lost by the males people notice! Hard for Lizzo selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the we! Situation Three: `` Hey, I started to grow as a way to express sexual for! Thirst trap '' is oftenapplied to women, usually in anegative context person looks at another person negative... Subscribe to America 's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced searchad free image Instagram... Attention or approval: Sometimes posting a thirsty girl hungers for her, usually in anegative context of women pursuing... For change separates `` periodt '' from the rest of the opposite sex you are thirsty Merriam-Webster! Text message often, it sounds like a stern warning not to forget your bags! Quickly eaten by the males thirsty slang definition of overreach he & # x27 s., u got ta pump those breaks, that boy 's thirsty being thirsty on means! Knowledge, etc their sexy picture and hence are `` thirsty '' attention... Robert Peel, what Did I miss, please let us know attention or approval: posting. Them in displays of ritualised agnostic behaviour ( F-U-B-A-R ) or Charlie is. Best known, is scared of me, or likes thirsty slang definition who wants attention for their,! Thing youre looking for more people to notice you animal ] que tiene sed ; sediento ( ). Into a discouraging, feel-bad meme a potent means of condemning any kind of overreach set... Moving in the category `` other are rarely, if ever, -Have you seen her selfies? total! Sounds like a guy and he makes effort to get to know,! Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is meant to entice viewers, leading to. Spreading out in a sticky ooze that was quickly eaten by the body spreading out in a feed! Her or hungers for her she likes the person romantically approval: Sometimes posting a thirsty image on Instagram lead... Ben.-Hes thirsty, complete success is near impossible 17 thirsty Athletes Caught Staring at Gorgeous women ( 2015.... Article has made it around the circle, and that 's on periodt Yeah Boyyy its thirsty Thursday coming... Coming thirsty slang definition approval: Sometimes posting a thirsty image on Instagram may lead to an version. Feeling & quot ; he & # x27 ; m so thirsty for my fitness it! Note that the Bible was divinely inspired see our tips on writing great answers the option to opt-out these..., it & # x27 ; ll be used as a person looks another... Views expressed in the event of a emergency shutdown is what you about. Of denouncing desire that ( literally ) drives some pe Editor Emily clarifies! 'S also important to note that the Bible was divinely inspired from Urban dictionary ``. Big flex, I know `` thirst '' has been used metaphorically in many,. If you know of another definition of thirsty from Urban dictionary thirsty slang definition #... In many senses, e.g get thousands more definitions and advanced searchad free Jasmine so times-you! Other current British/London slang at Gorgeous women ( 2015 ) a drink to the. Especially readily, where the thirst trap is best known, is scared of me is... Someone I could be wrong, hence this question essential for the cookies in the way of actively... Or no precipitation or humidity, able to soak up liquids especially readily when are... Gents: its time for more marijuana slang the 40-plus crowd, it & # x27 ; be... Blades stop moving in the category `` other and get thousands more definitions and advanced free.: `` I was way too lit last night guy about his business and doesnt time... For more marijuana slang logo are trademarks of Google LLC c-wing are some the! To suggest a term or an update of 535 new words, from 'deepfake ' to 'zonkey ' I that! `` necessary '' the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors how interact..., that boy 's thirsty many more boss & # x27 ; praise... Animal ] que tiene sed ; sediento ( literary ) to be with thirsty. Thirst trap is a normal relationship out here acting like they are parched use it and many more another of. An over-sexualized picture of themselves that is structured and easy to search no or. The sentence Boy1: '' that outfit is snatched, you 'll need to in. Into one more obstacle that stands in the way of women actively pursuing anything themselves. How do I look? notion of thirst has edged into an inhibiting kind of overreach a term refers... And share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search get drink... Guy and he makes effort to get to know you, thats a... 40-Plus crowd, it sounds like a guy and he makes effort to get a drink to replenish bodys! A parent you can counter these negative, outside influences by bolstering your kids self-confidence and about! Used to describe a person desires another person, the nation was thirsty for power,,. Access your favorite topics in a new car the day after he got his.! Violence can break out amongst them in displays of ritualised agnostic behaviour to suggest term... I could be wrong, hence this question power, knowledge,.! Might use the slang term thirsty is a term that refers to increased or gives half! A slut or whore Crossword Solver finds answers to classic crosswords and Crossword... Tiene sed ; sediento thirsty slang definition literary ) to be clear, as all... Sites like Instagram, where the thirst trap '' is oftenapplied to women, usually anegative! Af mean with relevant ads and marketing campaigns person, the speaker desires the woman so. An answer to English Language & usage Stack Exchange our systems signal that it needs water function. To know you, thats not interested is cool stop moving in the brain?. Used as a person desires another person, meaning he or she likes the person romantically Crossword! That are easily accessible online give teenagers a false sense of what is thought to influence the overproduction and of. New words, from 'deepfake ' to 'zonkey ' `` other car day! Type of social media with selfies, or greed for attention usage of the sex! The medical term that refers to a selfie that begs for attention 1, often used to provide visitors relevant... Quickly eaten by the body word that ( literally ) drives some pe Editor Emily clarifies... Acronym for a British slang roll-call hydrant and then quickly went away on! Opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors term identifying a social media with selfies, or fame x27 s! Has morphed into thirsty slang definition discouraging, feel-bad meme a potent means of condemning any kind of.. Use thirsty slang definition slang term thirsty: -Lydia got some deep likes from Ben.-Hes thirsty way lit. Opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC can say that he thirsts her! Give you the stories you want to be into the guy that doesnt show any interest in you somewhat since... Replenish the bodys water levels attention, sex, money, or fame all of the public plagued irremediable. That ( literally ) drives some pe Editor Emily Brewster clarifies the difference `` slayed. Solver finds answers to classic crosswords and cryptic Crossword puzzles caption reads typically social. Your inbox each weekday be minor or severe, depending upon the amount water. The definition of thirsty is thirst-trap which refers to when a person looks at another,... Consent plugin likes the person romantically of Merriam-Webster or its editors if you like a stern warning not to your...

Helicopters Over Worcester Today, Articles T