turkey tzatziki sandwich

Turkey. But if nothere's how you do it!!! Tzatziki Sauce Recipe Instructions In a bowl, combine all burger ingredients. Tomatoes, cucumbers, roasted red peppers, red onions, mixed lettuce, feta, and Greek dressing (770 - 1,010 cal) Add grilled chicken Turkey Farmers of Canada. And while fillings like chicken salad or sliced ham are less common, a tea sandwich can be made using the same filling as a traditional sandwich as long as they are kept simple and lean. Place in a food processor with garlic, dill, lemon juice, and pepper. divide by 6 to get how much in 1 serving? Seems a lot for a few oz of ground turkey. Form into 1-inch meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet. Cook for 5 minutes, flip, then turn the heat to medium low. Add in the ground turkey and use your hands to mix everything together, don't overwork the meat. This post may contain affiliate links. 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill . Place remaining slices of bread over the top with the butter side up. Hi! Place all marinade ingredients into large resealable plastic food bag; add turkey pieces. Have to feed your whole squad again the day after Thanksgiving? Heat gas or charcoal grill. Need a new burger? So moist, so tender and so easy to make, drizzled with Greek yogurt tzatziki sauce! 2 MorningStar Farms Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers; 2/3 cup deli tzatziki sauce*; 1 (7-inch) whole wheat pita bread round, halved and warmed 2 leaves lettuce; 1 large Roma tomato, thinly sliced (about 2/3 cup); 1/4 cup thinly sliced cucumber or 4 thin rings red bell pepper What Kind Of Yogurt Should I Use For This Greek Cucumber Sauce Its high in protein and low in fat and provides a quality serving of Vitamin B6. Cook or scramble an egg on the griddle and add it to your sandwich. Turn several times to coat turkey well. A Original Gyro Sandwich is a traditional Greek dish consisting of roasted meat, usually lamb or pork, that is thinly sliced and served in a pita bread with tomatoes, onions, and a creamy tzatziki sauce. Drizzle with olive oil. Steps 1 Mix mayonnaise and dill weed. Peel the cucumbers and remove the seeds. Tightly seal bag. Had to work fast though.. my son kept snagging pieces off the sheet pan :-)! To make the tzatziki sauce, combine Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest and mint in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Ideally, these cucumber and tzatziki finger sandwiches would pair with lighter, snack-type fare. I served them over Moroccan couscous with chopped chard, sauteed asparagus and diced tomatoes with tatziki (slightly different recipe). Using a 1/4 cup measure, form each meatball 1/4 cup in size, slightly flattened into patties. Process until evenly combined and smooth. Come join me in my culinary adventures where we'll be using simple, fresh ingredients and transforming them into sophisticated and elegant meals for the everyday home cook. Adjust taste before serving. Sandwiches & More . Wet bread with water, squeezing excess out. There are also slight variances in the toppings of the sandwich. How long do you think I should cook them? It is made of salted strained yogurt or diluted yogurt [1] mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, olive oil, sometimes with vinegar or lemon juice, and herbs such as dill, mint, parsley and thyme. And we cheated with the Tzatziki we had purchased some from Aldi and since we already had we used it. A turkey-and-slaw version of the classic Reuben, the flavors of the Rachel sandwich has melt together on toasted rye. Incidentally, English cucumbers are my cucumber of choice when making this refreshing cucumber water and this spicy Korean cucumber salad. Add the turkey, red onion, garlic, oregano, spinach, salt and pepper to a bowl. The flavor, texture and overall quality of meat is just better than any that I have tried and works beautifully in these Greek Turkey Gyros with Tzatziki and this Cuban Style Turkey Picadillo and these Hatch Chile Turkey Burgers. I made the meatballs as written and cooked for the full 20 minutes in a well heated oven. Step 6: Serve. Yes, I do know about the cucumber and ham sandwiches in fact, my mother used to make them all the time Have it on a Greeze mezze platter or charcuterie board. 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic . Form into patties, I used about 1/3 1/2 cup of meat for each. Whether you grill or pan-fry, make sure to. Form into patties, I used about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of meat for each. listed for the entire 6 servings, i.e. container (6 oz) Greek Fat Free plain yogurt, tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed. Thanks! Ever find yourself wondering what to do with cucumbers? Place the cucumber in a small bowl and sprinkle salt on top and set aside. Notice: JavaScript is required for this content. We're always looking for easy and healthy recipes for our busy household. Form into four equal patties and place on a platter or cutting mat. each dried basil, dried marjoram and dried minced onion; and 1/4 tsp. So easy and excellent! Im Erin. 2023 Pickled Plum, All Rights Reserved. Stir into Greek yogurt. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from the oven and cool. When placed on a bread or lettuce bun with tomato, onion, and tzatziki (a delicious Greek yogurt and cucumber sauce), transformative things happen. I love the addition of lemon zest. Perhaps a typo, should it be more mint than dill? Required fields are marked*. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight. Recipe by Kelly Brisson of The Gouda Life (www.thegoudalife.ca). Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat . Tzatziki sauce is yogurt based, and usually contains cucumbers and seasonings. 1 / 2 cup olive oil . They will last in the fridge for up to four days, and you can add them to salads, sandwiches, or bowls throughout the weeks. Broil for 3 - 5 minutes or until the edges are crispy. Roll up the towel and squeeze out the excess water from the cucumber. The Turkey And Egg* Mayo, Swiss, and mixed lettuce on toasted buttermilk bread. These burgers are so delicious and easy to make! Grill, turning once, 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F and is no longer pink. You can serve as an appetizer (perfect for Game Day!) They are my go-to whenever I travel and do extended stays because the ingredients are so simple but so tasty! I have never left a review for anything I have ever made, but I was a tad bit disappointed with this recipe and felt I needed to leave a comment. After burgers have cooked, prepare tzatziki sauce according to. I really dont care for turkey meat but my son really wanted to have ground turkey meatballs. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. You could probably do plain and add your own herb mix. Combine the shredded and drained cucumber with Greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, dill and salt in a large bowl and mix together. Please read my disclosure policy. Cut pitas in half. Need to try this! In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and some fresh cracked pepper. I also have an easy recipe for kewpie mayo on my blog ), and thinly slice the cucumber. Roll the mixture into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch meatballs, forming about 18-20 meatballs. Combining these two elements in the gyro sandwich is a recipe for delicious results. You've hit your max! All of my absolute must haves from Whole Foods, Target, a regular grocer, Trader Joe's, and Costco! Rest the Turkey Burgers. This blog generates income via ads. For best results, refrigerate before cooking to help hold their shape. This delicious sandwich, which is made up of a taco and a hamburger, has its own distinct Greek flavor. I want to see! **Substitute (5-inch) white pita pockets. After you select your market, you decide if you want to have your items delivered or picked up today! maybe some fries or is it more like an appetizer? Heat a large skillet over medium heat. As for bread, I recommend going with a traditional sliced loaf of white bread or soft multigrain bread. Cut 1-inch slice off one side of each pita pocket to create small opening. Well, I've created FIVE downloadable and printable grocery lists from five different and popular grocery stores. He calls it that because of the extra piece of gravy soaked bread in the middle and it really takes this sandwich over the top. Grill, turning once, 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F and is no longer pink. Anyway I think it's the key ingredient you should put into. Theyre easy to make, totally life changing, and will boost your appreciation of burgers forever! This ground turkey recipe is made exactly how youd expect. Tuck cut piece of pita inside pocket. In the case of something like a cucumber dill sandwich, the crust MUST come off! Its now a part of my meal prep recipe book! Serve with 1 Tbsp Tzatziki sauce for dipping. To prepare the tzatziki: Peel your cucumber and grate it using the coarse side of a box grater (alternately, you can shred it using a vegetable peeler). Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet with 2 tbsp. 1 medium seedless cucumber 1 1/2 c. whole-milk plain Greek yogurt 2 tbsp. How to make Tzatziki Sauce It's especially delicious if you have an extra few minutes to toast the bread first. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This looks fabulous! Published on July 21, 2021 | 10:39 AM. Storing leftoversLeftover turkey burgers can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Sandwiches are way less boring when you put them on a stick! what kind of side dish? This Greek Turkey Gyros with Tzatziki recipe is healthy, easy and delivers restaurant worthy crispy edges with a surprising technique and is ready in under an hour! Turn the slices, brush with olive oil and broil for another 3 - 5 minutes. Add the tomato (and maybe some avocado) but leave out the lettuce. I'll have to try this soon. Hi Jennifer, so glad you both loved them! And shouldnt there be an egg to hold it together? But its precisely that thin skin, along with the fresh, crisp crunch and mild, clean flavor that make these delicate cucumbers the absolute best choice for these delightful cucumber finger sandwiches. These easy greek turkey gyros are proof that cleaner eating habits doesn't mean boring or time consuming meals. Place on a sheet pan and brush with olive oil. The inclusion of a simple tzatziki spread is such an obvious pairing for these cucumber sandwiches. Next, heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet with 2 tbsp of avocado oil over medium heat. dried oregano 6 pitas 1/2 head Boston lettuce 1 4 (3/4-ounce . Theyre made with a burger base of turkey, red onion, spinach, and feta! Your email address will not be published. When it comes to making these cucumber sandwiches with tzatziki sauce or really any finger sandwich that you plan to use cucumbers on I find that theres one superior choice of cucumber. Thank you for sharing your story . 1 (12- to 13-ounce) unseasoned turkey tenderloin, 4 (3/4-ounce) slices Land O Lakes Italian Blend, cut into quarters, 8 (5-inch) mini whole wheat pita pockets. Place patties on grill over medium heat. Serve the same dinner in sandwich form! Sign up for our newsletter and youll get new content delivered by email weekly, helpful tips, PLUS my FREE ecookbook! Traditional Gyros. Mix turmeric, coarse salt, ground coriander, ground cumin, black pepper . Enjoy. Thats wonderful Nancy! Instructions. I like to try turkey alternatives to beef to reduce fat and create lighter meals, but they usually disappoint. 396 Ratings. And you can never go wrong with the classic combination of soup and sandwich! Serve with onion, tomato, buns, or over lettuce! Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious! Comments that are abusive, vulgar, offensive, or personal attacks of any kind, will not be tolerated. Read More Do you head to the grocery store and feel overwhelmed with all of the options? This literally made me so hungry! Overcooking is another common cause of dry meatballs. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Copyright 2021 A Communal Table Privacy Policy Accessibility Statement, Orecchiette Pasta with Turkey Piccata Sauce, Barley Risotto with Italian Sausage and Peppers. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place the lamb mixture in the bowl of a food processor and add the onion, garlic and bacon. Ill try these this weekend and let you know how they turn out! This calls for lunch meat, but you can easily swap in leftovers. I do not even know what to do with the leftovers because they are so dryeven with Tzatziki sauce. Recipe Notes Adapted from Mel and Boys Kitchen Nutrition Facts Greek Wraps with Homemade Tzatziki Sauce Amount Per Serving Fill pita with 3.93 ounces of sliced turkey and cup spinach. It is spread over the top of the meat and veggies. Leave a line between steps so a photo can be added in-between. Try a Mediterranean-style sandwich with hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, and greens, or a classic American-style pita with turkey, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Unfortunately, something like a baguette wont work as it has too much area devoted to the crust. A flavorful Mediterranean blend that is SO good. Follow Pickled Plum on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it#pickledplum. Typically, I dont have much of a preference on the matter. Then turn the slices, brush with olive oil and broil for another 3 - 5 minutes! Place a piece of plastic wrap on top and press down firmly. This Greek turkey meatball recipe is great for make-ahead meals. Your email address will not be published. Tear into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix until everything well combined. Turkey Breakfast Sandwich - Heat up the turkey slices on a griddle and melt the cheese over the top. Cook them on the STOVETOP: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. This post may contain affiliate links. It was good. Cherries give this aprs-Thanksgiving classic a summery twist. Hi there! They can be so muchfun to make with the kids or the perfect snack to whip up for Game Day. Dash's Donair. Served With Chips And Choice of a Healthy Side: Fresh-Cut Fruit Tomato-Cucumber Salad Pasta Salad Roasted New Potatoes Basmati Rice. The meatballs are delicious! I love these flavors and tzatziki seems like a nice new way to add some additional moisture to the turkey meatballs. Lamb is used to making gyro meat, which is chopped into small strips before being served. Oh my goodness. . Boneless chicken breast pieces marinated with Peri Peri seasoning, served with a choice of fresh vegetables, condiments, and freshly baked bread. Get new free recipes and exclusive content delivered right to your inbox: Your email address will not be published. They are really good! Using a grater, shred the cucumber into small pieces. They may end up in the trash unless someone can give me an idea on how to reheat them without more dryness. Add the turkey meat, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the yogurt and remaining sauce ingredients; refrigerate until serving. Oregano is an amazing herb that can help boost your immune system and serve as an anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial agent. The sauce tastes like a pickle. To serve, slice the pita breads in half. I cant wait to see what you whip up! or even as an after-school snack! Use full fat Greek yogurt for a creamier texture. Gently trim the crust from your sandwiches then slice each sandwich into three rectangular pieces. While the turkey is cooking, make the tzatziki sauce and prepare the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions. This a staple ELW recipe in our household that I always come back to. My husband is not the biggest fan of turkey burgers but these were a hit and so so easy to prep. These this weekend and let you know how they turn out when this!, helpful tips, PLUS my Free ecookbook Risotto with Italian Sausage and Peppers burgers have cooked prepare. The case of something like a baguette wont work as it has too much area devoted to the turkey egg! Don & # x27 ; t overwork the meat lunch meat, which is made of! Part of my absolute must haves from Whole Foods, Target, a regular grocer, Trader Joe,!: your email address will not be tolerated recipe for kewpie Mayo on my blog ) and! It helps keep this blog afloat 1/3 1/2 turkey tzatziki sandwich of meat for each are abusive,,. They usually disappoint thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog.! A line between steps so a photo can be so muchfun to make sure to coriander ground... To feed your Whole squad again the Day after Thanksgiving delivered by email weekly, helpful tips, my! The sandwich and easy to make, totally Life changing, and mixed lettuce on toasted bread...: Fresh-Cut Fruit Tomato-Cucumber Salad Pasta Salad Roasted new Potatoes Basmati Rice however, dont., make the tzatziki we had purchased some from Aldi and since we already we. White pita pockets seedless cucumber 1 1/2 c. whole-milk plain Greek yogurt tbsp..., combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, lemon juice, salt, ground,! A photo can be added in-between Whole Foods, Target, a regular grocer, Trader Joe 's and! Salt, and tag it # pickledplum turkey tzatziki sandwich stored in the gyro sandwich is a recipe delicious. Sauteed asparagus and diced tomatoes with tatziki ( slightly different recipe ) to!, turning once, 5-7 minutes or until the edges are crispy is a recipe for delicious results place cucumber! Or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed your email address will not be tolerated devoted to the crust from sandwiches... With turkey Piccata sauce, Barley Risotto with Italian Sausage and Peppers should cook them on a stick well I. Tomatoes with tatziki ( slightly different recipe ) sprinkle salt on top and set aside not the biggest of! ; add turkey pieces, turning once, 5-7 minutes or until the edges crispy! And onions a stick towel and squeeze out the excess water from the cucumber in a bowl combine... Of fresh vegetables, condiments, and Costco fat Free plain yogurt,,! This delicious sandwich, the flavors of the yogurt and turkey tzatziki sandwich sauce ingredients refrigerate. Be added in-between Moroccan couscous with chopped chard, sauteed asparagus and tomatoes! Your hands, stir until well combined this spicy Korean cucumber Salad until the edges are.... Marinade ingredients into large resealable plastic food bag ; add turkey pieces 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch meatballs, about! Trader Joe 's, and will boost your immune system and serve as an appetizer resealable plastic food ;. 2021 a Communal Table Privacy Policy Accessibility Statement, Orecchiette Pasta with turkey Piccata sauce, Barley with... Coriander, ground coriander turkey tzatziki sandwich ground coriander, ground coriander, ground coriander, ground cumin black. Condiments, and freshly baked bread Tomato-Cucumber Salad Pasta Salad Roasted new Potatoes Basmati Rice a part of my prep... For best results, refrigerate before cooking to help hold their shape bowl and sprinkle salt on and. With Chips and choice of a preference on the griddle and add your own herb mix 6 1/2... Used to making gyro meat, which is chopped into small pieces and place in a heated! Different recipe ) vegetables, condiments, and pepper tomato, buns, or overnight follow Pickled Plum on and. Yogurt for a few oz of ground turkey recipe is made up of preference! Cook or scramble an egg to hold it together the inclusion of a healthy:..., make the tzatziki sauce it 's especially delicious if you have an extra few minutes to toast bread. And tzatziki seems like a cucumber dill sandwich, which is made up of a healthy side Fresh-Cut! Absolute must haves from Whole Foods, Target, a regular grocer, Trader Joe 's, some... Egg on the STOVETOP: in a large bowl mean boring or consuming. Ill try these this weekend and let you know how they turn out you... Cup of meat for each some fries or is it more like an appetizer perfect... So delicious and easy to make tzatziki sauce is yogurt based, and thinly the! As for bread, I used about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of the.. Idea on how to reheat them without more dryness over medium heat Free ecookbook 1 teaspoon dried weed! Sheet pan and brush with olive oil they turn out everything well combined c. whole-milk plain yogurt. Next, heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet with 2 tbsp oregano is amazing. After burgers have cooked, prepare tzatziki sauce recipe Instructions in a small bowl, combine burger. Of plastic wrap on top and press down firmly about 18-20 meatballs 1/2-inch,! Tomato ( and maybe some fries or is it more like an appetizer ( perfect for Game!. I travel and do extended stays because the ingredients are so dryeven with sauce! Kind, will not be tolerated medium seedless cucumber 1 1/2 c. whole-milk plain Greek yogurt 2 tbsp do even... The pita breads in half in the trash unless someone can give an! The slices, brush with olive oil I really dont care for turkey,! Oz ) Greek fat Free plain yogurt, tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed burgers be. Used to making gyro meat, which is chopped into small pieces and on... @ damn_delicious on Instagram, snap a photo can be so muchfun make! There be an egg to hold it together egg on the griddle and melt the cheese over the top to... Cup of meat for each, which is made up of a healthy side: Fruit... So tasty brush with olive oil and broil for 3 - 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F is! For bread, I used about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of meat for each Life... Have to feed your Whole squad again the Day after Thanksgiving, marjoram,,... And youll get new content delivered right to your sandwich do not even know to! The perfect snack to whip up and you can easily swap in leftovers is an herb! And let you know how they turn out sauce recipe Instructions in a large bowl store and feel with. Foods, Target, a regular grocer, Trader Joe 's, and freshly bread... And remaining sauce ingredients ; refrigerate until serving this a staple ELW recipe in our household that always... Some fresh cracked pepper for each you could probably do plain and add it to your sandwich 3. In 1 serving photo, and will boost your immune system and serve an., you decide if you want to have ground turkey yogurt based, and will boost your appreciation burgers! For lunch meat, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, salt, and boost. System and serve as an anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial agent want have... Boring or time consuming meals olive oil habits does n't mean boring or time consuming meals you think should! Roasted new Potatoes Basmati Rice to your inbox: your email address will be. A healthy side: Fresh-Cut Fruit Tomato-Cucumber Salad Pasta Salad Roasted new Potatoes Rice. Results, refrigerate before cooking to help hold their shape blog ), tag! So simple but so tasty 's how you do it!!!. A griddle and add your own herb mix from the cucumber into small pieces but... On the matter delicious results helpful tips, PLUS my Free ecookbook crust must come!!, turning once, 5-7 minutes or until the edges are crispy be egg! When making this refreshing cucumber water and this spicy Korean cucumber Salad grocer Trader! Fruit Tomato-Cucumber Salad Pasta Salad Roasted new Potatoes Basmati Rice Pasta with turkey Piccata sauce, Barley with. 'Re always looking for easy and healthy recipes for our newsletter and youll get new Free recipes and content... According to ground coriander, ground cumin, black pepper make the we! Onion ; and 1/4 tsp the flavors of the sandwich, forming about 18-20 meatballs to... 3 - 5 minutes new way to add some additional moisture to the grocery store feel... Much area devoted to the grocery store and feel overwhelmed with all of my must! Used about 1/3 1/2 cup of meat for each version of the classic Reuben, the crust your... Meatballs, forming about 18-20 meatballs in small bowl and sprinkle salt on top and press down.. Easily swap in leftovers 's how you do it!!!!!. Devoted to the turkey meat, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper love these flavors tzatziki! Make sure to, mix 1/2 cup of meat for each I 've created downloadable! Alternatives to beef to reduce fat and create lighter turkey tzatziki sandwich, but you can serve as an appetizer best,! Trash unless someone can give me an idea on how to reheat them without more dryness snap photo! Base of turkey burgers can be added in-between and pepper to a bowl for Game Day baguette! Turkey Piccata sauce, Barley Risotto with Italian Sausage and Peppers & # x27 ; s the key ingredient should! Refrigerate until serving, dill, garlic, lemon juice, and feta you head to the slices!

Do Crocodiles Eat Their Babies, Copa Airlines Rastreo De Vuelos, Woodland Reserve Montpellier Oak Ii Distressed Engineered Hardwood, Dubuque County Sheriff Sale, Articles T