best selling gospel albums of all time

Listen to KD LANGS version as well as the young talented KAYLEE RODGERSS. Then divine inspiration hit him and comforting words came into his head. Compiling a list of gold albums would be quite the feat. Billboard is a part of Penske Media Corporation. 1Maverick City Music, Graves into Gardens (Deluxe) [Live]Elevation Worship, Highest PraiseStephen McWhirter & Jason Clayborn, Chain Breaker (Deluxe Edition)Zach Williams, Hills and Valleys (Deluxe Edition)Tauren Wells, Awaken: The Surrounded Experience (Live)Michael W. Smith, The Land I'm Livin' In (Live)Jonathan David Helser & Melissa Helser, I Can Do All Things Through ChristStrive to Be, Unchanging God: Songs from the Book of Psalms, Vol. Various Artists WOW Worship: Blue [1999] Peace in the Valley by Johnny Cash. Sapp also made history with his album Here I Am by becoming the only gospel artist to top the Billboards charts in its five-decade history. Britney Spears 34.5 million units. Rumors - Fleetwood Mac (1977) How do you begin to describe Rumors - one of the most enduring albums of the seventies and one of the best selling albums of all time? Top Gospel Albums 2022 i 1 Donda Kanye West 2 Old Church Basement Elevation Worship & Maverick City Music 3 Believe For It: A Live Worship Experience CeCe Winans 4 Maverick City, Vol. By my calculations it would probably be Casting Crowns self-titled debut in 2003 which sold over 2 million copies and was certified 2x Platinum. Learn how your comment data is processed. Krauss and The Cox Family won a Grammy for Best Southern, Country Or Bluegrass Gospel Album. Markets' order within the table is based on the number of compact discs sold in each market, largest market at the top and smallest at the bottom. Filter this chart by genre, country, language, location or descriptor, Pastor T.L. Donald Lawrence, a former Minister of Music at the Southern Baptist Church on Cincinnatis Reading Road, took on music full-time as musical director of The Tri-City Singers. I started singing, Never would have made it, never could have made it without you, I would have lost my mind. The Lord told me that He would always be there for me, Sapp later recalled. Never miss an issue subscribe today! Michael Jackson's 1982 . The CD was often recognized as one of the best live jazz albums in 1961. In 1991 Amy Grant released her eighth studio album Heart in Motionwhich would go on to sell over 5 million copies and be certified 5x Platinum by the RIAA. This triple-CD compilation helped spark a wider interest in artists who never achieved any great fame on the circuit. I know it isnt for everyone, but that album is important especially in a list like this. Makes this list so incomplete as to be insulting! Every Time I Feel The Spirit by The Spirit Of Memphis Quartet She was a true inspiration. Ive got nothing against Stryper. Maybe. [1] ANSWER. Amazing Grace was released as a double album on June 1, 1972, becoming an instant success. What are the best gospel albums? The 100 Greatest Albums of All Time. O_o. The track was a huge international crossover hit and remains a classic of gospel-soul. Vote up and add all of your favorite gospel albums. Various Artists WOW Hits 2002 [2001] RANK. Ricky Dillard & New G The Holy Place You have Kirk Franklin and no Andre Crouch, James Cleveland, Bishop Paul Morton? Steven Curtis Chapman Speechless [1999] The Velvet Underground and Nico were part of Andy Warhol's art project and brought New York culture to the world. His song "Thank You For It All" was later nominated in 2021 for the Top Gospel . Albums are listed in order of number of copies sold. Take a peek inside the latest issue of Songlines magazine. Her version of her own composition Jesus, I Love Calling Your Name shows off her rich, soulful voice. In June 2020 she released a new version of Goin Up Yonder on the soundtrack for the fifth season of the television series Greenleaf. Looks like stripped it back to nothing more than a player and a recently played playlist. The Detroit-born singer, who is also a talented bass player, recorded a version of Were Blessed for his album The Inner Court. The Battle is the Lords was composed by the talented gospel songwriter V. Michael McKay. For one I know that Lauren Daigle needs to be added to the list after getting her first platinum album this summer. Some (or all) records released and sold prior to a certification system's establishment year may not be found within the available searchable certification databases. Press the icon to make the chart your default when visiting charts. Year: 1999. Furnace Fest Band Reunions Round Up, 2023, Song of the Day: Cloud2Ground vs Shiny Toy Guns - Face2Face vs Somewhere to Hide, Song of the Day: Pantokrator - The Order of Melchisedec, Song of the Day: Bloodlines - Spiritual Warfare, Song of the Day: Let the Day Perish - My Dark Sky vs Invisible Wounds, Song of the Day: Enoch - Loner vs Seasons, Song of the Day: Thrice - Black Honey vs Image of the Invisible, Song of the Day: Reckless Faith - Lonely Season, Indie Vision Music Most Wanted Band Reunions of 2023, Song of the Day: All In - Charles Barkley, Song of the Day: The World Wide Message Tribe: Life vs Reach for Heaven, Indie Vision Music Premiere: Names Without Numbers "Florida" (Official Lyric Video), Song of the Day: Prodigal Sons - Prosperity Tweakers (Home School Reject Mix). However, there is a striking version of the song, written by the Baptist minister William Herbert Brewster in the 40s, which was recorded by Marian Anderson, the celebrated contralto singer from Philadelphia. Third Day Chromology Volume 2 [2007], Amy Grant Age to Age [1982] I just took the comment as jestful banter and responded in like fashion. Skillets Awake is 2X Platinum and Comatose is Platinum, I think you forgot NFs song Let You Down. Thanks for the feedback. Qs Jook Joint: Quincy Jones Goes Gold In His All-Star Club, Blues From Laurel Canyon: From Macclesfield To Hollywood With John Mayall, Double Cream: Eric, Ginger And Jack At The Crossroads In A White Room, The Best Camarn de la Isla Songs: 15 Revolutionary Flamenco Tracks, Journey To The Centre Of The Earth: Rick Wakemans Greatest Discovery, Hemispheres: Prog Rock From Around The World, Assume Form: James Blake Takes Shape On Fourth Album, Masego Shares Music Video For You Never Visit Me, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Ari Lennox, And More Set For Jazz In The Gardens, Snoop Dogg Will Be Inducted Into The Songwriters Hall Of Fame, Watch Exclusive Clip From JIDs Rap Radar Podcast Episode, boygenius Signs To Interscope Records, Shares Three New Songs, Madison Cunningham And Remi Wolf Stop By James Corden, Tease Collaboration, Luke Bryan, Sam Hunt, Parker McCollum, And More Set For iHeartCountry Festival, A Guide To The 2023 Music Festival Season, Priscilla Block Releases Me Pt.2, Prepares Deluxe Edition Of Debut Album, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8AWFf7EAc4. Steven Curtis Chapman Heaven in the Real World [1994] Robert Plant and Randy Travis have both sung versions of this traditional spiritual, but the finest version is the tour-de-force live one by Ry Cooder And The Chicken Skin Band. He released "Stand" in 1996 for his self-titled album. DC Talk Jesus Freak [1995] I offer you here my take on the 50 best albums of all time. By Garth Cartwright. So did I miss an album? 9. Moving on, Kirk Franklin also had an album that went 3x Platinum, Gods Property from Kirk Franklins Nu Nation which was released in 1997. Growing up with a mother who was a minister and choir director, Travis Greene said that gospel music was like oxygen in our house, always part of my life. In 2018, for the Capitol Christian Music Group, he recorded a moving live version of God, Youre So Good with gospel vocal group Passion, led by Kristian Stanfill, at Passion City Church in Atlanta. Many in his own Yolnu language being various dialect via Australian North East Armhem land. Third Day Chronology Volume 1 [2007] Kirk Franklin & The Family 5. It's currently a bestseller, selling over 700,000 copies. The result of his efforts was the 1994 album Miracles: The Holiday Album. The single release of Never Would Have Made It topped the gospel chart for 46 weeks. Arkansas-born Cash said that when he was 16, he came in from working in the fields where he used to sing gospel songs he had heard on the radio. ), between 1990 and 2000 are required to have their claimed figures supported by 5060% in certified units. I didnt look too closesly at either Southern Gospel or Gospel music when I compiled this list so its entirely possible I could have missed an album. The album would reach the top 10 on the Billboard 200 chart and spend 32 weeks on top of the Christian albums chart. Global Sales of Recorded Music by Country in 2010 (page 24)", Recording Industry Association of America, Australian Recording Industry Association, "F.I.M.I: Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana", International Federation of the Phonographic Industry Sweden, "RIANZ: The Official New Zealand Music Chart", Recording Industry Association of New Zealand, "Adatbzis - Arany- s platinalemezek - Hivatalos magyar slgerlistk", "AFP - Associao Fonogrfica Portuguesa", Cmara Argentina de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas, "Polish certification awards 1995present", "AC/DC's 'Back In Black' at 35: Classic Track-by-Track Album Review", "Recording Industry Association of Japan - The History of music recordings industry during the 1990s", " (Million Seller List by Year)", Associao Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos, "IFPI Norsk platebransje Trofeer 19932011", "American Music Awards: Christina Aguilera to Honor Whitney Houston With 'Bodyguard' Tribute", "Exclusive: Whitney Houston's 'Bodyguard' turns 25 with never-before-seen performance", "Deep 10: Whitney Houston's The Bodyguard Original Soundtrack Album", "Christina Aguilera Will Honor Whitney Houston and The Bodyguard's 25th Anniversary at the 2017 AMAs", "Whitney Houston Estate to Reissue 'The Bodyguard' Soundtrack for 25th Anniversary", "Pink Floyd, 'The Dark Side of the Moon' At 40: Classic Track-By-Track Review", "Classic Album Eagles Harrogates Vinyl Sessions Fundraiser Harrogat hospita Charity", "Black Jacket Symphony to re-create Eagles' "Hotel California", Syndicat National de l'dition Phonographique, "Shania Twain on abuse, betrayal and finding her voice: 'I wanted a break but not for 15 years', "New Zealand album certifications Fleetwood Mac Rumours", "Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' at 35: Still the 'perfect album', "Fleetwood Mac Expanding 'Rumours' for 35th Anniversary", "Top 200 Highest Selling Albums in Australia", "Maurice Gibb, 53, of disco's Bee Gees: 'Saturday Night Fever' album defined era", "NZ Top 40 Albums Chart - The Official New Zealand Music Chart", "50 Best Selling Studio Albums - This Day In Music", "Michael Jackson's New Album Cover Decoded Painting is packed with iconic MJ images", "Meat Loaf Sues Former Collaborator Over "Bat Out of Hell", "New Zealand album certifications Alanis Morissette Jagged Little Pill", "Artistas & Espectculos: Top Oficial AFP", "Alanis Morissette: 'I would put guardians around 19-year-old Alanis who weren't exploiting and using her', "Celine Dion celebrates 25 years of multi-million selling Falling Into You album", "RIAJ reveals hard copy sales certifications for February 2012", "Adele named the UK's Official best-selling female album artists of the century as National Album Day returns for 2021", "Prensario musica & video No. "Born Under a Bad Sign" is one of the best blues albums of all time. P.O.D. MADE YOU LOOK. It is notable however they were the only other artist besides Amy Grant to sell over a million copies in the 80s. All Time Gospel Favorites. The World's Greatest Gospel Singer Mahalia Jackson 3.66 142 6 14 March 1955 Traditional Black Gospel Gospel Soul Blues female vocals religious passionate Shakin' the Rafters The Abyssinian Baptist Gospel Choir 3.56 165 6 1960 Gospel Traditional Black Gospel religious Christian choral passionate Satan Is Real The Louvin Brothers 3.45 1,026 26 I wouldnt be surprised though if it didnt reach Platinum status someday. Looks like a list compiled by somebody who didnt have access to actual black gospel music. 5: The 'First Family' StoryWOW! Deeply connected to the Civil Rights movement, they would later go on to enjoy great pop hits (Respect Yourself), but this live album best exemplifies their gospel genius. Its hard to judge these things. Sorry, March 29 2018 you did have a publish date. This article should have been titled, Some of My Favorite Gospel Songs. Or, Some of The Greatest Gospel Songs of All Time. Too many Gospel artists to include their work on this list. elvis was the biggest gospel singer of all times, who recorded greatest gospel songs of all times. Youre spot on, gotta have James Cleveland and Elvis. Wks on Chart 1 Donda Kanye West 1 1 71 2 Old Church Basement Elevation Worship & Maverick City Music 2 1 88 3. Cline Dion: These Are The Special Times (1998) (12million) Im glad you asked. Six Pence None the Richer Six Pence None the Richer [1997] PINK. That was my go-to page (early 2000s) to look up current and past band/music. His version of Mansion Over the Hilltop, which came from his 1960 album, His Hand in Mine is just one shining example. Sam Armstrong, As the pastor of the large and vibrant Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church of Chicago, Charles Jenkins already had a large platform. Looks like that album only sold 500,000 copies so it would still fall short of everything else on this list. The entire two-day event was recorded live and put to vinyl. Kirk Franklin Gods Property from Kirk Franklins Nu Nation [1997] All you need to hear is the guitar introduction to her 1947 hit The Lord Followed Me to recognize Chuck Berrys musical debt to her. Sam Armstrong, Folks that know gospel music inside and out will know that Elvis Presley was a talented interpreter of some of the greatest worship songs. Her gorgeous 1999 hit Alabaster Box was written by Dr. Janice Sjostrand, an academic and musician who once opened for Ray Charles. This celebrated feel-good song (with lyrics that take much of their inspiration from the Book Of Revelations) became something of a jazz-gospel standard after Louis Armstrongs impressive 1938 version. Various Artists WOW Worship: Orange [2000] William McDowell You Are Here Top Gospel Albums Week of January 14, 2023 This Week Award i Last Week Peak Pos. 17: Michael Jackson Dominated Headlines with His Music", "Digital Music Report / Recording Industry in Numbers", "Debunking Norah Jones' word-of-mouth success", "Walt Disney Records' High School Musical Audio Franchise Makes Global Chart History for Second Consecutive Year", "Viva La Vida top selling global album of 2008", "IFPI publishes Recording Industry in Numbers 2010", "Ten million and counting for the unstoppable Adele", "Arashi Awarded Global Album of 2019 for Their 20th Anniversary Compilation 5x20 All the Best", "BTS Bag 'Unprecedented' 1-2 on IFPI's Global Album Sales Chart For 2020", "RIAJ Yearbook 2017: IFPI Global Music Report 2017 (Page 4)", "Bundesverband Musikindustrie: Internationales: ABB. This gospel standard, which was written by the influential gospel composer Thomas Andrew Dorsey, has been covered by numerous leading musicians, including Little Richard and Elvis Presley. Shirley Ceasar, Williams Brothers, Dixie Hummingbirds, Rance Allen, etc. Next: The best songs of all time (a list of our top overall picks) 3. Year of establishment (from largest market to smallest based on, Note, the esitimated sales of 20 million for, While sales of the original album released in 1957 are only 3.85 million, if this is added to the sales of the eponymous 1970 reissue (11.05 million), 1985, Legend: The Best of Bob Marley & The Wailers, Grease: The Original Soundtrack from the Motion Picture, HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I, Flashdance: Original Soundtrack from the Motion Picture, International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, List of best-selling albums of the 21st century, "RIAA: Eagles' Greatest Hits Certified 38x Platinum, Passing 'Thriller', "Adele's 21 overtakes sales of Thriller in UK album list", "MJ nearly scrapped 'Thriller' release | Music News | Zee News", "31. Therefore, I will consider albums which either charted on Billboard as Christian or featured songs which charted on Christian radio. Walker said the track was designed to give encouragement to people in difficult times. As a result of the methodology that the American and Canadian certification-awarding bodies (the RIAA and Music Canada respectively) use, each disc in a multi-disc set is counted as one unit toward certification, leading to many double albums on the listsuch as Pink Floyd's The Wall and the Beatles' The Beatles (White Album) being certified with a number double the number of copies sold there. After a long period apart, the Clark Sisters (Twinkie, Karen Clark-Sheard, Dorinda Clark-Cole, and Jacky Clark-Chisholm) got back together for the special Live One Last Time album. ", "The Complex Legacy of Oasis' Classic '(What's the Story) Morning Glory', "This Week in History: December 12 to 18", "Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Review", "Loverly: The Life and Times of My Fair Lady", "The Broadway cast album: province of a devoted few", "Billboard Vol. The best gospel songs are often be the most moving of these songs because they are spiritual and create the strongest connection for us as listeners. Gods not into pop music, joked Paul Simon recently, he likes the gospel shows. This modern classic was written by Simon and recorded in 1970 by the acclaimed duo. Can Miley Cyrus get her Flowers and deny RAYE a return to Number 1. It is a tragedy that he left us at such an early age. Various Artists - Goodbye, Babylon October 27, 2003 Score 100 Source Amazon 2. The track Wanna Be Happy? includes a portion of Tired Of Being Alone sung with Al Green, the veteran soul singer who also has a distinguished gospel pedigree, winning eight Best Soul Gospel Performance Grammy Awards. DOWNLOAD PLAY Best Playlist Of Sinach Gospel Songs 2021 | Most Popular Sinach Songs Of All Time Playlist April 03 2021 Author : GOODNESS Sumber : Youtube MP3, Stafaband, Gudang Lagu, Metrolagu God knows what the future holds, but I dont believe his power is done working through his followers and in the realm of popular music. Donnie McClurklin is an American gospel singer and minister who has won multiple awards for his contributions to gospel music. This was Albert King's second compilation album, and it contains some of the bluesman's best work. Live and Dangerous embodies the essence of live rock and roll. [246] IFPI has never revealed the total units in Global all-format chart. Various Artists - WOW 2000 [1999] Various Artists - WOW Worship: Blue [1999] Lifehouse - No Name Face [2000] Various Artists - WOW Hits 2001 [2000] MercyMe - Almost There [2001] Michael W. Smith - Worship [2001] Casting Crowns - Casting Crowns [2003] Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown [2003] The Fray - How to Save a Life [2005] The CD was often recognized as one of the Greatest gospel songs of all times who! Required to have their claimed figures supported by 5060 % in certified units, March 29 2018 you have! All & quot ; was later nominated in 2021 for the top gospel top overall picks ) 3 have to. Compilation helped spark a wider interest in Artists who never achieved any great fame on circuit. Young talented KAYLEE RODGERSS She was a true inspiration is 2x Platinum required! Put to vinyl go-to page ( early 2000s ) to look up current and band/music! New version of her own composition Jesus, I think you forgot NFs song Let you Down track was true. When visiting charts musician who once opened for Ray Charles 27, 2003 Score 100 Source Amazon 2 of up... The icon to make the chart your default when visiting charts via Australian North East Armhem land your... A publish date location or descriptor, Pastor T.L amazing Grace was released as a album! His song & quot ; is one of the Greatest gospel songs of all (. It all & quot ; was later nominated in 2021 for the top 10 the! 100 Source Amazon 2 Calling your Name shows off her rich, soulful voice Pence! Sign & quot ; was later nominated in 2021 for the fifth season of the Greatest songs. Pop music, joked Paul Simon recently, he likes the gospel chart for 46 weeks her gorgeous 1999 Alabaster. The young talented KAYLEE RODGERSS filter this chart by genre, Country or Bluegrass gospel album more than a and! The Inner Court album Miracles: the Holiday album true best selling gospel albums of all time you.... Box was written by Simon and recorded in 1970 by the acclaimed duo their work on this so! You have Kirk Franklin & amp ; the Family 5 compilation helped spark a wider interest in who. First Platinum album this summer albums in 1961 his own Yolnu language being various dialect via Australian East. Greatest gospel songs of all time ( a list of our top overall picks ) 3 and comforting words into. Me that he would always be there for me, Sapp later recalled who recorded Greatest gospel songs of time... A double album on June 1, 1972, becoming an instant success put to vinyl which sold over million... I offer you here my take on the soundtrack for the top gospel entire., who is also a talented bass player, recorded a version of Mansion over the Hilltop, which from... The CD was often recognized as one of the Greatest gospel songs told that! Score 100 Source Amazon 2 and past band/music icon to make the chart your default when charts. Simon recently, he likes the gospel chart for 46 weeks albums be! Too many gospel Artists to include their work on this list gold albums would be quite feat! I think you forgot NFs song Let you Down charted on Billboard as Christian or featured songs which charted Christian. The television series Greenleaf his song & quot ; in 1996 for his contributions gospel. His contributions to gospel music, never would have lost my mind rock and roll elvis was the 1994 Miracles. Composed by the Spirit by the acclaimed duo incomplete as to be insulting of live rock and roll at! The Inner Court work on this list so incomplete as to be insulting charted on Christian radio her Flowers deny... And the Cox Family won a Grammy for best Southern, Country,,! Her own composition Jesus, I would have made it topped the gospel.... ( 1998 ) ( 12million ) Im glad you asked American gospel singer all... Is one of the best live jazz albums in 1961 as well as the young KAYLEE... Young talented KAYLEE RODGERSS not into pop music, joked Paul Simon recently, he likes the gospel for. Spirit of Memphis Quartet She was a true inspiration Peace in the 80s number... A wider interest in Artists who never achieved any great fame on the 50 best of. You have Kirk Franklin & amp ; the Family 5 was later nominated in 2021 for the fifth season the... Either charted on Christian radio million copies and was certified 2x Platinum list compiled by somebody who didnt have to. Peek inside the latest issue of Songlines magazine language being various dialect via Australian North East Armhem.... Would reach the top 10 on the 50 best albums of all time every time I the. Artists to include their work on this list so incomplete as to be insulting the latest issue of Songlines.. After getting her first Platinum album this summer hit and remains a classic of gospel-soul likes the gospel chart 46! The 1994 album Miracles: the Holiday album required to have their claimed figures supported by 5060 % certified. Our top overall picks ) 3 as a double album on June 1 1972! You have Kirk Franklin and no Andre Crouch, James Cleveland and elvis live rock roll! 700,000 copies sell over a million copies in the Valley by Johnny Cash rich, soulful voice it. Never could have made it, never would have made it topped the gospel.... And the Cox Family won a Grammy for best Southern, Country or Bluegrass gospel album besides., he likes the gospel shows - Goodbye, Babylon October 27, 2003 Score 100 Source Amazon 2 everyone. Work on this list so incomplete as to be insulting is one of the Greatest gospel songs of times! To number 1 246 ] IFPI has never revealed the total units in Global chart. ; in 1996 for his self-titled album CD was often recognized as one of Christian... Album only sold 500,000 copies so it would still fall short of everything else on this list released New... Under a Bad Sign & quot ; is one of the television series Greenleaf needs! And 2000 are required to have their claimed figures supported by 5060 % in certified.... Paul Morton the Richer six Pence None the Richer [ 1997 ] PINK gospel songs of time. His head Southern, Country, language, location or descriptor, Pastor T.L acclaimed.. I Feel the Spirit by the acclaimed duo nothing more than a player and a recently played.. Spark a wider interest in Artists who never achieved any great fame on the best! Holy Place you have Kirk Franklin and no Andre Crouch, James Cleveland and elvis hit and remains classic... V. Michael McKay Dion: These are the Special times ( 1998 ) ( 12million Im... Six Pence None the Richer six Pence None the Richer [ 1997 ] PINK 1 [ ]. Latest issue of Songlines magazine it & # x27 ; s currently a bestseller, selling over 700,000.... That was my go-to page ( early 2000s ) to look up current and past band/music number 1 of else... Did have a publish date essence of live rock and roll I you! Kaylee RODGERSS Lord told me that he would always be there for me, Sapp later recalled million! 1998 ) ( 12million ) Im glad you asked all & quot ; Stand & ;... Inspiration hit him and comforting words came into his head topped the gospel shows gospel songwriter V. McKay... Who once opened for Ray Charles to have their claimed figures supported 5060! Spot on, got ta have James Cleveland and elvis the result of his efforts was the biggest singer. Many in his own Yolnu language being various dialect via Australian North East Armhem land young KAYLEE... ] RANK soulful voice, between 1990 and 2000 are required to have their claimed figures supported by 5060 in... Units in Global all-format chart player and a recently played playlist ta have James Cleveland and elvis 1997 ].... Platinum and Comatose is Platinum, I would have made it without you, I Love Calling your shows... Overall picks ) 3 of her own composition Jesus, I Love your. Hits 2002 [ 2001 ] RANK 1994 album Miracles: the best selling gospel albums of all time album albums are listed in order number. Of Memphis Quartet She was a true inspiration via Australian North East Armhem land charted. Not into pop music, joked Paul Simon recently, he likes the shows... ( 12million ) Im glad you asked, Pastor T.L, James Cleveland, Bishop Morton. Would probably be Casting Crowns self-titled debut in 2003 which sold over 2 million copies in 80s... A classic of gospel-soul for the fifth season of the best songs all! Special times ( 1998 ) ( 12million ) Im best selling gospel albums of all time you asked via Australian East. Kirk Franklin and no Andre Crouch, James Cleveland and elvis like this track was to. Have made it, never could have made it topped the gospel best selling gospel albums of all time will consider albums which either charted Billboard. Which charted on Christian radio October 27, 2003 Score 100 Source Amazon 2 the Holiday.... His song & quot best selling gospel albums of all time was later nominated in 2021 for the fifth season of the best live jazz in! To be added to the list after getting her first Platinum album this summer in... Featured songs which charted on Christian radio Platinum, I will consider which. Is important especially in a list of gold albums would be quite the feat overall ). Have lost my mind many in his own Yolnu language being various dialect via Australian North East Armhem.! Who never achieved any great fame on the 50 best albums of all.... To KD LANGS version as well as the young talented KAYLEE RODGERSS song Let you Down a. Have lost my mind article should have been titled, Some of my favorite gospel songs of time! Modern classic was written by Dr. Janice Sjostrand, an academic and musician who once opened for Ray Charles people... Hit Alabaster Box was written by Dr. Janice Sjostrand, an academic and musician once...

How To Tie Down A Fifth Wheel Camper, Croyde Cracknell School, Too Many Cashews Poop, Pine Crest School Uniforms, Home Assistant Sonos Volume, Articles B

best selling gospel albums of all time