gaf timberline shingles recall

submit no claim or request for exclusion) you will not receive any benefits from the settlement but will nevertheless be bound by the settlement. We got the roof from Florida State Roofing and Construction. v. GAF Building Materials Corporation, CV-96-0954 (Alabama Circuit Court, Mobile County), and involved claims of prematurely cracking and defective shingles. this comes to $3025.55 offer but I am having to spend a lot of money for a whole new roof. Practically-priced Timberline NS Shingles offer the stylish look of classic architectural shingles at a budget-friendly cost. I have records that I allege they know, my suspicions are there are some of us that getting the bad stuff pawned on us; or it is all going to come out like that. GAF Timberline HDZ were the shingles of choice for the remodel of a century-old Cape Ann Shingle Style home in Massachusetts on This Old House. Too small and too light. Moreover, since they did not meet the ASTM standards, they also failed to meet local and state building codes, and where legally prohibited from being installed. All GAF Timberline shingles are manufactured using the same basic formula: a . 7 months process and they only want to give material voucher and refused labor cost. I used to own the building/house at 308 n. oak st. in Wood Dale, Ill. 60191 and I had the roof replaced a number of years ago but during the time period mentioned in this settlement. Agree same predicament! 4. Ive been in the roofing business for over 40 years in nearly every capacity from union apprentice, foreman , superintendent, estimator, and owner . GAF made claims to its distributors and installers that the fiberglass mat contained within the shingles, provides Balanced Tear Strength in all directions and Balanced Tensile Strength in all directions, which result in Better Resistance to Expansion-Contraction Cycles, Better Overall Performance . After looking at my roof after the strong winds in November 2021. I see a class action was settled recently, are there any new class actions against GAF that we might become a part of? See for yourself how Timberline, Classic shadow effect lends any home a subtle, even-toned look, Architecturally stylish, but practically priced, Helps ensure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae. Combined with all the benefits of America's top-selling shingle, LayerLock technology mechanically fuses the common bond in Timberline HDZ shingles to offer: - Up to 99.9% nailing accuracy thanks to our new StrikeZone nailing area - up to 600% larger v. 2. Loretta Fox. Awful. GAF shingles are built to protect your home, and theyre designed to beautify it too. Is there a Canadian component to this GAF settlement? Are material suppliers (i.e.) Your email address will not be published. Important GAF Timberline Shingles Settlement documents. Assist in their claim if warranted . On their website, they claimed that: Because of our state-of-the-art manufacturing process, the odds of you having a problem with a new GAF roof is about one in a thousand.. In-depth walk through of a recent roof replacement in Montgomery, AL. Leo, I thank you for this website so we can understand and if I build a home in a few years and get away from this allege corrupt city government; I would. A potential GAF shingles class action lawsuit filed in South Carolina makes a number of allegations regarding the quality and marketing of the GAF Timberline shingles. 2. As a result, GAF breached its express warranties for Timberline roofing shingles. A potential GAF class action lawsuit alleges that GAF shingles produced at an Alabama plant were failing prematurely due to cracking and seeks compensation on behalf of those who suffered damages as a result. Timberline shingles at issue in this lawsuit is common. GAF never issued any public statement admitting the defective nature of Timberline products, the existence of cracking teams, and the use of sub-standard materials and practices in the manufacturing process. Despite having very similar dimensions, CertainTeed shingles weigh anywhere from 10% to 25% more than GAF shingles per square, though CertainTeed shingles are actually about of an inch shorter in width. When Hull brought up concerns regarding the cracking shingles, Hasselbach responded yes I know all about the millions of dollars we are paying in claims and class action suits. The settlement is an important step toward protecting the rights of the victims and the public. For more information, please call toll free (866) 759-6518. In re: Building Materials Corp. of America AsphaltRoofing Shingle Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. Your request has been submitted. This problem had been happening from the start.. Move in on 4/1991 notice cracking in 1997, Your email address will not be published. The time frame provided in that report for the issue being analyzed was products manufactured since the 1980s. Our goal is to inform you about GAFs alleged sub-par manufacturing practices, deceptive marketing, and lack of care for the consumer, as related to this case. Nails/Sq: 256; Awards & Recognition: Good Housekeeping Rated; StainGuard: Yes $ - $$$$: $$ Durability & Toughness: Advanced Protection Shingle with GAF Dura Grip Adhesive; Exposure: 5 5/8" (144 mm . only authorized website for this Lawsuit. Gaf shingles and co. Are garbage, dont use them. GAF, a North American manufacturer of roofing and home improvement supplies, has several warranty levels that a homeowner can select upon having a shingle roofing system installed. The GAF Timberline shingles class action lawsuits allege the shingles are defective and do not last. He knew his answer before ever pulling in the driveway. My husband tried to deal with this before he died but I have taken over. As a result, consumers purchasing them falsely believed that they were getting a fully-compliant product. They also revealed cracking problems. There are two GAF Timberline shingle settlements, which covertwo different types of Class Members: Mobile Settlement Class: Any qualified person or business who owns any property located in the United States with GAFTimberline Shingles manufactured at GAFs plant in Mobile, Alabama, during the period from Jan. 1, 1999 through Dec. 31, 2007. 8120 Woodmont Avenue You can contact me at: leo @ roofcalc.org (no spaces). The first warranty, the GAF Shingle & Accessory Warranty is often included without any additional cost. '> Per the roofer (who is suing the homeowner) the lady is a nut! The Non-Mobile Settlement was approved on April 23, 2015. The word Lifetime refers to the length of coverage provided by the GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty, and means as long as the original individual owner(s) of a single-family detached residence [or the second owner(s) in certain circumstances] owns the property where the shingles and accessories are installed. In many cases, GAF did not repair or replace the defective roof, or didnt fully pay for the damage caused by premature cracking and shingle failure. My entire roof is a disaster I have sinks, dips, weak plywood and granules lost. Claim Form Deadline Shilgles have been cracking off since installing. The attorneys representing the Class covering Shingles made in Mobile are also asking for a portion of the additional benefits going to Class Members with property outside South Carolina. Is there a way I can speak to you in regards to your response below? For example, one of the findings was that the cracking claims increased by 43% from 2001-2002 alone. Notices what appeared to be excessive granule loss for a few years. Where can I find a complete list of GAF Shingles and Qualifying GAF Accessories eligible for a Lifetime limited warranty? In the process of having a roof fully replaced due to leaks in attic and ceiling from cracked timerline shingles installed in 2004. The settlements would cover the following claims: 2. Our roof from GAF came with a 40 year warranty, that was 13 years ago. expected to be mailed out. A proposed settlement of this class action has been preliminarily approved. RoofCalc.org is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Three years ago we had 22 of snowfall in a 36hr period. Customers can now get the benefits of GAF Time-Release Algae-Fighting Technology and the StainGuard Plus Algae Protection Limited Warranty 1 on qualifying shingles, ridge caps, and even visible starter strips. I have photos of the crappy shingles and all the damage to my house, but I HAD to get the roof replaced (and insurance would not pay) and the old shingles were hauled off by the roofer. Can you email me your contact info? Visit gaf.com/LRS for qualifying GAF products. A list of open investigations and The classic shadow effect of Timberline NS Shingles creates a subtle, upscale, even-toned, architectural look with the warmth of wood. GAF continues to market this line, making the same claims regarding its quality, durability and warranties, as it did prior to the lawsuit. GAF uses a different process to manufacture the Timberline shingles at each site. Theyll improve your homes curb appeal and resale value at a price you can afford! I had GAF Timberline shingles installed last summer 2018.

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.